Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36
  1. #1
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)

    Are these really a PS3 forum and this Fanboyism rubish

    I have seen in these forums for many months now abuse from so called admin and moderators accusing people of being a fanboy which I feel is a big insult. And frankly I'm sick of it. This is a Playstation 3 site and Most people come here because we like the Ps3 ( well I would hope so). But it seams one can not be one eyed. If one posts a PS3 is better than xbox 360 thread or mentions that in a thread they get labelled a Fanboy and also told to stop flame baiting. I'm sorry im sick of this B##SH#T.

    People in these thread get very defensive if one even mentions anything bad about the 360. For gods sake this is a PS3 forum (one would think so anyway when you look at the name of the forums). But no one gets warned for saying anything bad about the 360. But at the same time we are allowed to bag the S##T out of the ps3.

    Also I notice a lot of 360 tags in peoples signatures who all seam to post in any thread that is anti ps3. They always take offence if they see anyone say anything remotely bad about the 360. If the mod staff and Admin staff think people provoke arguments and fanboyism then they should only allow PS3 signatures in the forums.

    I've seen the argument that hey we are really multi platform. I'm if that's the case change your forum name as the one you are using is misleading. I wonder what Sony themselves would think about these forums if that's really the case. Truthfully I think they would be very disappointed with the way its run.

    The place is called PS3 Forums The online ps3 Community. That's very clear to what its supposed to be. If we want discuss why ours is more superior to another manufacture why cant we. These are a forum and its our right to say what we feel and think as we have freedom of speech.

    If this place doesn't clean up its act its going to start going downhill.

    Now as for this fanboyism I see all over this place. What really is a fanboy? Its really someone that is very happy with what they have and enjoy and that they really prefer their choice in purchase. Why is that seen as something bad. If someone chooses to prefer something over something else why are they classed as a fanboy. If they openly talk about their choice in the forums they get classed as a fanboy etc or as Trolling which is a terminology I think which is pathetic and itself should be banned from these forums.

    I will end this long forum post saying if these forums really want to be a Ps3 forum then stop discriminating the very people the forum was designed for in the first place.

  2. #2
    silvermanor
    Guest
    I have to say I totally agree. I have so many infractions com defending the ps3 when I shouldn't have to on a ps3 forum. This is a place where ps3 owners should be able to come and not deal with negative ********. You can't even mention the 360 in a negative light but badtalking the ps3 is overlooked. Just go to the official forums where you can't talk about the 360. This forum has an identity crisis. .

  3. #3
    The Specialist
    Gilly3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    aussieland
    Age
    26
    Posts
    18,682
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    7,365 (0 Banked)
    you just dont get it. there are people who own more than one console and the forum has a section for those who want news on gaming that doesnt include the ps3.

    the comments that are considered 'fanboyish' are those that take no consideration towards others. simply saying the ps3 is better than the 360 is lying. both consoles are good and it is impossible to pick a 'better' system. it comes down to which you prefer really.

    on the topic of mods, we are here to keep the peace, ive been on other forums where the Mod presence has been minimal and people just go around saying what they like about other members. its not a nice place to be, which is why i left.

    if you have a problem with somones post in the future feel free to report it instead of making threads like this.




  4. #4
    silvermanor
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly3 View Post
    you just dont get it. there are people who own more than one console and the forum has a section for those who want news on gaming that doesnt include the ps3.

    the comments that are considered 'fanboyish' are those that take no consideration towards others. simply saying the ps3 is better than the 360 is lying. both consoles are good and it is impossible to pick a 'better' system. it comes down to which you prefer really.

    on the topic of mods, we are here to keep the peace, ive been on other forums where the Mod presence has been minimal and people just go around saying what they like about other members. its not a nice place to be, which is why i left.

    if you have a problem with somones post in the future feel free to report it instead of making threads like this.
    There are TONS of other forums out there for other console owners that will provide an even better community for them with more "news". There is no excuse.

  5. #5
    The Specialist
    Gilly3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    aussieland
    Age
    26
    Posts
    18,682
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    7,365 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by silvermanor View Post
    There are TONS of other forums out there for other console owners that will provide an even better community for them with more "news". There is no excuse.
    thats great but what if they dont want to visit a hundred sites in a day. this forum caters for a bigger crowd than just ps3 owners, thats the way it is and thats probably the way it will stay.




  6. #6
    silvermanor
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly3 View Post
    thats great but what if they dont want to visit a hundred sites in a day. this forum caters for a bigger crowd than just ps3 owners, thats the way it is and thats probably the way it will stay.
    Well I guess it will continue to shoot for the middle then wont it.

  7. #7
    The Specialist
    Gilly3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    aussieland
    Age
    26
    Posts
    18,682
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    7,365 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by silvermanor View Post
    Well I guess it will continue to shoot for the middle then wont it.
    which there is nothing wrong with. the forum is focused on the ps3 and has small sections for other consoles.




  8. #8
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly3 View Post
    thats great but what if they dont want to visit a hundred sites in a day. this forum caters for a bigger crowd than just ps3 owners, thats the way it is and thats probably the way it will stay.
    I agree. This forum is my one stop shop for all my PS3, PSP and 360 news as well as discussion. I also feel that the mods are very fair and impliment equal enforcement and perform a very thankless job. I'm thankful that I have a great forum like this to come to for my news and discussion on all 3 platforms that I own and enjoy.

  9. #9
    Super Elite
    I_Luv_2_Game's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Charlotte,NC
    PSN ID
    BilLCollecTTor
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,236
    Rep Power
    45
    Points
    5,062 (0 Banked)
    @ps3strom i totally agree with you bud.. but what u have to expect as a pse fan is that it doesn't matter how well the ps3 does or how bad the xbox does there are people that are just going to keep defending the xbox.. i've notice every since the xbox release that there have been websites and tv video game show that just put the ps3 down over, over, over, again.. but as a ps3 fan you just have to expect it.. get use to it..

  10. #10
    Sandy Claws
    Mopey.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Age
    22
    Posts
    4,545
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    1,062 (0 Banked)
    I have no problem with the way the forum is run.

    Besides, it wouldnt be very fun if every member was a PS3 fanboy.

  11. #11
    lawlydoodlez

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,004
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    5,615 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by silvermanor View Post
    I have to say I totally agree. I have so many infractions com defending the ps3 when I shouldn't have to on a ps3 forum. This is a place where ps3 owners should be able to come and not deal with negative ********. You can't even mention the 360 in a negative light but badtalking the ps3 is overlooked. Just go to the official forums where you can't talk about the 360. This forum has an identity crisis. .
    this.
    although this is a forum that "revolves around all consoles and people own more than one system" .. people have a better chance at getting away with talking **** on the ps3...
    but, i have been here long enough.. i kinda excepted it and i have learned to keep my fingers off those insulting keys.

  12. #12
    Fister Roboto
    Lethalmind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ISIS HQ
    Age
    23
    Posts
    14,805
    Rep Power
    122
    Points
    21,274 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm not sure of the last time I've heard a logical "PS3 pwns 360" (Or vice versa for that matter) discussion. They almost always have huge flaws in the arguments and often lead to someone getting insulted, which is why they shouldn't be allowed in the first place. You seem to encourage us PS3 owners to be primative idiots who find nothing better to do than put down other consoles.

    PS3F is a forum created primarily for the sake of discussing the PS3 as it is the main aspect of the forum. There is absolute no reason why that should be thought to be otherwise. Why should this forum be the same as any other forum and allow the irrelevant bashing of a rival console? That doesn't get anything accomplished at the end of the day other than getting members banned for saying things for shock value. I'm happy that we took this approach.

    Quote Originally Posted by ps3storm View Post
    People in these thread get very defensive if one even mentions anything bad about the 360. For gods sake this is a PS3 forum (one would think so anyway when you look at the name of the forums). But no one gets warned for saying anything bad about the 360. But at the same time we are allowed to bag the S##T out of the ps3.
    You must not have been here for a very long time if you assume that it isn't the same for the vice versa of that. People get banned from both sides of the system argument very often so perhaps you aren't reading in the right places. This forum had a huge crackdown that drastically downsized the Multiplatform section. Each system had a section that was similar to the one we have for the PS3 (In Size), and when they decided to reduce them to make this a more PS3 centric site, ALOT of people (not just those who own multiple consoles) were highly upset. People will be upset about us even if we chose not to do that.

    Quote Originally Posted by ps3storm View Post
    Now as for this fanboyism I see all over this place. What really is a fanboy? Its really someone that is very happy with what they have and enjoy and that they really prefer their choice in purchase. Why is that seen as something bad. If someone chooses to prefer something over something else why are they classed as a fanboy. If they openly talk about their choice in the forums they get classed as a fanboy etc or as Trolling which is a terminology I think which is pathetic and itself should be banned from these forums.
    People choose not be mature on the subject at hand. Of course there's freedom of speech, but what is so enlightening about someone saying "Your system is crap. Our system *Insert specs* at a better pace than yours"? There is always the acceptable argument allowed here that contains thought out posts, but you'd be insane to assume that this place wouldn't be overwhelmed with posts like the one I described above. I could live without those kinds of posts.

    Of course if you don't feel like staying here to put up with what goes on, you can leave, but I do not see anything worth making a rant about. That is just my opinion.

    "The Secret Ingredient Is Phone"

  13. #13
    Comatosed
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethalmind View Post
    You must not have been here for a very long time if you assume that it isn't the same for the vice versa of that. People get banned from both sides of the system argument very often so perhaps you aren't reading in the right places. This forum had a huge crackdown that drastically downsized the Multiplatform section. Each system had a section that was similar to the one we have for the PS3 (In Size), and when they decided to reduce them to make this a more PS3 centric site, ALOT of people (not just those who own multiple consoles) were highly upset. People will be upset about us even if we chose not to do that.

    People choose not be mature on the subject at hand. Of course there's freedom of speech, but what is so enlightening about someone saying "Your system is crap. Our system *Insert specs* at a better pace than yours"? There is always the acceptable argument allowed here that contains thought out posts, but you'd be insane to assume that this place wouldn't be overwhelmed with posts like the one I described above. I could live without those kinds of posts.
    Absolutely spot on. I happen to think the mods are very fair, both sides give as much as the other and they are both dealt with accordingly.

    Maturity is probably the biggest culprit, I tend to see a lot of the older members posting well thought out posts that actually bring something to the discussion instead of the 100 for a penny 'this sucks' 'that sucks' post.

    But you will always get people posting that sort of stuff, it takes one person to light the fuse then all hell breaks loose. This was a problem identified long ago by the mods and certain members were banned over it.

    When a thread gets that way the best thing you can do is just lock it and delete it, there is no point of having a 30+ page thread of immature people arguing. Those that start / or contribute to the argument should be dealt with according to the rules, it's just the way things work.

  14. #14
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Im sorry if you want to cater for other consoles than sony ones then change the forum name as its missleading. Top of the page says Ps3Forums online Ps3 community. Pure simple isnt that hard to understand?

  15. #15
    The Specialist
    Gilly3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    aussieland
    Age
    26
    Posts
    18,682
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    7,365 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3storm View Post
    Im sorry if you want to cater for other consoles than sony ones then change the forum name as its missleading. Top of the page says Ps3Forums online Ps3 community. Pure simple isnt that hard to understand?
    have you not read our posts? several of us have stated that the site is primarily for the ps3. therefore the name is appropriate.

    other than to keep people happy it is a good idea from a business point of view to be able to cater for a wider audience.




  16. #16
    Comatosed
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3storm View Post
    Im sorry if you want to cater for other consoles than sony ones then change the forum name as its missleading. Top of the page says Ps3Forums online Ps3 community. Pure simple isnt that hard to understand?
    No, but is it so hard to understand that the PS3 is the main focus of the forums?

    Look at how much space the PS3 gets, the other consoles are catered for, but not to the same extent as the PS3.

    Even if it did go PS3 only, it wouldn't stop the problems with fanboys. There will still be people that will join here just to bad mouth the PS3.

  17. #17
    Dave
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3storm View Post
    Im sorry if you want to cater for other consoles than sony ones then change the forum name as its missleading. Top of the page says Ps3Forums online Ps3 community. Pure simple isnt that hard to understand?
    No, but most of the time your grammar is.

    Is it that hard to understand that a centric site can also offer other forms of discussion?

    Should we also remove the PSP section? The PS2/PS1 section? How about the General Off-Topic? They have nothing to do with the PS3.

  18. #18
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Im sorry guys you keep re enforceing my view. Business point of view rofl what business? These are forum. And if it was a business you are missleading your customers. Im sorry its still not right esp your attitude towards people who like and prefer the ps3. If we even mention anything bad about another console we get warned but we can say anything bad about the ps3 and not get warned. If what you say is true and you cater for other consoles then we should be allowed to say what we want ( to a point) without getting warnings or abuse. I still think this place is
    hypocritical.

  19. #19
    Elite Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12,200
    Rep Power
    113
    Points
    85 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3storm View Post
    Im sorry if you want to cater for other consoles than sony ones then change the forum name as its missleading. Top of the page says Ps3Forums online Ps3 community. Pure simple isnt that hard to understand?
    You really don't get it, huh?

    This is a PS3 centric Forum. The majority of the sections here have to do with the PS3, while there is just one small section for "Other Multiplatform Chat." The staff just wants to ensure that everyone has the right to voice their opinion, assuming that the opinion doesn't cross the line into 'Fanboy' territory. No one deserves to be flamed for having a different opinion.

    I know you probably may not believe it, but there are tons of other forums out there that allow people to say whatever they want to anyone who comes in with a different opinion. That's just not right. I think the staff here recognizes that, and that's why PS3F is the way it is.

    There are a lot of people here who don't favor the PS3. Heck, some people here don't even own PS3s. That doesn't mean they should be shunned away. If they can keep the conversations mature and are just here for fun, then so be it. There's nothing wrong with that. The Mods do a fair job at punishing people on both sides of the spectrum, whether you choose to see that or not.

    Anyway...

  20. #20
    Power Overwhelming
    richie217's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,007
    Rep Power
    55
    Points
    1,910 (0 Banked)
    Stating that the "PS3 pwns the Xbox" is mearly an opinion not fact. Its the same as me saying green pwns blue. I'm a PS fanboy, always have been and probably always will. However I am aware that fanboy speak or flame baiting are against the forums rules, so I refrain from doing so.

    Also does it really matter that this forum offers content for other console user's. As Gilly stated it makes sense from a business point of view to cater to as many people as possible.

    You state that there are other sites that allow fanboy flaming and how much better they are, yet you still end up here???

  21. #21
    Comatosed
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3storm View Post
    If what you say is true and you cater for other consoles then we should be allowed to say what we want ( to a point) without getting warnings or abuse.
    But you are allowed.

    Just saying this sucks or that sucks is what isn't allowed, all that achieves is encouraging arguments and the derailing of threads.

    If you were to give a well thought out opnion as to why you dislike something on a console in comparison to another, that would be fine.

    Valid reasoning is what you need to show.

  22. #22
    Forum Elder
    webshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,989
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    265 (0 Banked)
    absolutely agreed with everything lethalmind just said.

    we see this same rant from one person or another every couple of weeks. what i dont get is that they always complain about the same things, but they hardly EVER mention that they report problem posts and they arent dealt with.

    obviously there are more pro-PS3 infractions 90% of the forum prefers the PS3 over the 360.

    i have a request and a question for you.

    request: can you link to a couple of threads where your complaints have taken place? i know you dont want to really point any fingers directly at people, but just link me to the threads so i can see this stuff happening.

    question: which of these statements do you think is worse?

    Sony is going to roll all over M$ in Japan when FF13 comes out. the perpetually struggling 360 is going to fall off the charts there and never be heard from again.

    MS is going to roll all over $ony in the US when Halo 4 comes out. it will be the final nail in the coffin for the slow-to-start PS3.


  23. #23
    The Specialist
    Gilly3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    aussieland
    Age
    26
    Posts
    18,682
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    7,365 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by webshark View Post
    question: which of these statements do you think is worse?
    Sony is going to roll all over M$ in Japan when FF13 comes out. the perpetually struggling 360 is going to fall off the charts there and never be heard from again.

    MS is going to roll all over in the US when Halo 4 comes out. it will be the final nail in the coffin for the slow-to-start PS3.
    neither of those posts have fact to back them up and would be dealt with by the staff.




  24. #24
    Comatosed
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly3 View Post
    neither of those posts have fact to back them up and would be dealt with by the staff.
    plus the fact the use of M$ and $ony is against the rules.

  25. #25
    Forum Elder
    webshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,989
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    265 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by nskinnear View Post
    There are a lot of people here who don't favor the PS3. Heck, some people here don't even own PS3s. That doesn't mean they should be shunned away. If they can keep the conversations mature and are just here for fun, then so be it. There's nothing wrong with that. The Mods do a fair job at punishing people on both sides of the spectrum, whether you choose to see that or not.
    *raises hand*




    and you are totally wrong PS3storm. people here DO get punished for being anti-PS3 if they do it in a non constructive way. there were a whole bunch of senior members permabanned a few months ago because of it.

    i myself have had 3-4 infractions for being anti-PS3. since then, i have shaped up and havent had so much as a warning in the last 7 months.

    i do not own a PS3 and have no intention of ever getting one. should i not be allowed here?



    lol at gilly and comatosed. that was the POINT of those 2 example statements. they were equally wrong and both would deserve a warning/infraction if actually posted. however, if ps3storm thinks that one is more aceptable than the other, then he needs to revisit what he considers fair.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.