Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Elite Sage
    Items Manchester United
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    i dont know how people can hate on the American office

they are both good...

but to say that the American one is bad?

thats crazy

its hilarious

im pretty sure people dont even give it a chance...
    Love United
    --------

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    i dont know how people can hate on the American office

they are both good...

but to say that the American one is bad?

thats crazy

its hilarious

im pretty sure people dont even give it a chance...
    The problem I see is that it just gets a little annoying after a while and i'm not talking about 'The Office' here. I'm talking about how America must remake every show from across the world even perfectly good English speaking ones and make them 100% American.

Why can't TV networks in America just accept that the original content is good enough and NOT make a remake?

I'm glad I don't live in America, you guys must hate getting American styled second servings of all the best shows in the world.

In Australia the British 'The Office' got amazing reviews, the American one didn't ever get past the first series on free-to-air.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

3. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    The problem I see is that it just gets a little annoying after a while and i'm not talking about 'The Office' here. I'm talking about how America must remake every show from across the world even perfectly good English speaking ones and make them 100% American.

Why can't TV networks in America just accept that the original content is good enough and NOT make a remake?

I'm glad I don't live in America, you guys must hate getting American styled second servings of all the best shows in the world.

In Australia the British 'The Office' got amazing reviews, the American one didn't ever get past the first series on free-to-air.
    well america has some great shows...

i mean

dexter , californication, weeds, simpsons, seinfeld, arrestead development, lost, 24, heroes...

none of which are re-makes...
    but the American office is barley even a re-make, seeing how it is done in a very different style... the first season was similar, but now its pretty much its own show
    Love United
    --------

5. Likes Ernsty likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    well america has some great shows...

i mean

dexter , californication, weeds, simpsons, seinfeld, arrestead development, lost, 24, heroes...

none of which are re-makes...
    but the American office is barley even a re-make, seeing how it is done in a very different style... the first season was similar, but now its pretty much its own show
    But it's the principal!

America can do fantastic films and TV. It just irks me that a good majority of shows created over seas are remade for the American audience.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Elite Sage
    I dont love it but I do watch it.

That episode where Mike was trying to prove he wasn't $#@!phobic where he said "Look, I watch The L Word. I watch $#@! As ****,"
    ...had me pissing myself.

RedStar
    Thats what she said.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195

My Ultimate Idea for the last season of The Office

When I posted here The Office was on its 5th season and still going strong. Now its on its 9th season and even I think something has gone seriously wrong with this current season and I still loved the show up to last season which most thought wasn't good. Because Micheal Scott is gone now and Nellie is in the picture (please writers, have her get hit by a bus SOON!) this show is not stable. I've heard this is the last season of The Office but I think we're forgetting this is on the most desperate network...NBC which won't kill its Golden Goose so soon. Its still higher rated than its other shows. But I had a dream and this is the idea:

My Ultimate Idea for the last season of The Office:

I had a dream about The Office about a possible last major twist that could save this season's Office. In a nutshell, it would be Pam and Dwight ending up together! How could this work? It may sound ridiculous and unbelievable (a real Jumping the Shark moment) but my dream showed how it could work and be the largest twist in the show's history. This also depends on the Dwight and Angela story-arc completely folding and ending. Here is the basis and how it would happen:

At the start of this season, we have Pam and Jim talking to the camera and stating how they can't foresee anything new and interesting happening (in their lives) as they are now settled down and have growing children. Then we get the tip off that more action and drama is to come (Jim getting involved in a business without Pam knowing about it). This could also be a lead up to the major twist. As the episodes progress, the same sub-storylines would continue with less Andy and Nellie garbage and much more focus on Dwight, Pam, and Jim. Each episode will have the same pranks that Jim attempts on Dwight but more of them will fail and some will get to Pam enough for her to start getting irritated and inversely Dwight and Pam will look better and better in each of their eyes. There are various causes to that but those aspects will have to be carefully planned out within the show and not too forced. If you remember, there are various throw-backs this could point to like The Injury in season 2 where Pam and Dwight are friends and then the episode when Gabe invites the office to a Glee party and Dwight is handling Pam's baby so well where Pam looks upon him MUCH more favorably. Back to the current season, you will have Jim drift slowly away and then possibly have Cathy come back all of a sudden and tell Pam what happened in Florida (it would be a lie). Jim and Pam would get into a fight as her trust is already frayed a bit and then both will remain bitter. As the back and forth pranks continue, Dwight starts to get the upper hand and that would be a mini-throw back to Season 7 Episode 11/12 (Classy Christmas) for when Dwight had Jim on edge. Near the Series Finale, Jim will finally reveal to everyone his intentions to move from Scranton and be Co-owners of this sports business. This will be the final straw and her and Jim will get separated (maybe divorced). The Office will be shocked and Dwight will console her during this tough time. Around the 2nd last episode, Jim will be planning a HUGE prank against Dwight as he is about to leave very soon and wants to get in the last laugh. As he is planning this, Pam will be aware of it and while Jim still thinks she is entertained by these acts, this time she goes to Dwight behind Jim's back and warns him of it. In the very scene that this information is conveyed (not in the office at the time), Dwight will all of a sudden be consumed with affection for Pam and she will have this stare that totally locks on with him. It will first be a total embracing of affection and friendship but will start to have slight romantic elements as they both realize they were meant for each other the whole time and had no idea they could end up together. Jim ends up taking the two kids and moves to a different city. Pam wants to settle down instead with Dwight and remain at Dunder-Mifflin, being with him at the farm and leading a traditional life and having kids (they get married). This would conclude the series finale or start more seasons off this depending on the ratings and what NBC decides.

Elite Sage

Loved the British one, that one is so painfully embarrassing and cringeworthy on David Brent's part it makes it nothing but comedy gold.

His constant little looks into the camera and the way he tries to be part of the team just crack me up every time.

As for the Office US. It's good but I don't actively go out of my way to put it on. It doesn't have the same subtle humour of the British one .

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    American's make good originals, more often than not. Remakes, well not so much.

Stick the British one. (Surprised there hasn't been a Yank adaptation of Extras or Idiot Abroad etc). They did it with the $#@!ing InBetweeners.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Elite Sage

Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post

Stick the British one. (Surprised there hasn't been a Yank adaptation of Extras or Idiot Abroad etc). They did it with the $#@!ing InBetweeners.
    Ain't that some bull$#@!.

BBK. Tapatalking

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I love the us office I've heard the uk one is better just haven't had time to watch it on netflix

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    I typically agree remakes suck, but the US 'Office' is miles better than the British version.

Probably not anymore, I stopped watching since they're just milking it at this point, but up to season 6-7 was great.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    It hasnt been the same since michael scott left its currently in its last season so i still watch it

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post

Theres aUS version of that show? WOW.

I know there was a US version of Coupling, its painfully bad, one of the worst they bastardised what was a great script and used $#@!ty overacting actors.

PSU Editor, Writer, Idolmaster
    PSN ID
    LazerBlader
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    It hasnt been the same since michael scott left its currently in its last season so i still watch it
    I agree. The show's still alright and there's still laughs to be had. It's going to be interesting how they'll end the whole show. Wonder if Steve Carrell will make a cameo.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernsty View Post
    I agree. The show's still alright and there's still laughs to be had. It's going to be interesting how they'll end the whole show. Wonder if Steve Carrell will make a cameo.
    Yea I'm expecting him to make an appearance in the last episode! That would be awesome and a perfect way to end it lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    Do the dance ricky
    The Last of Us, Anime, Rosie Jones

No matter what race you are or what you look like or your sexuality or where you come from, We are all the same people and we are all bothers & sisters so love each other & don't let anyone tell you any different.

Remember you can't choose what you are from birth but you can choose what you want to become.

Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they are not there we all got to have something to believe in.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Thread Information