Page 124 of 266 FirstFirst ... 114124134 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 6649
    Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    lol theres 2!!! Well who ever it was that created the other 1 let everyone know so
    Am I in your league? Because I appear to be the only one in either league .

Dedicated Member
    Can't be bothered with a fantasy league this year. I'll just get bored of it after a few weeks and forget to make my picks for each race.
    PSN: ANDY_098 XBL: ANDY098
    Last.fm: ANDY098

Elite Guru
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12499373

Something new! Look forward to it.

Dedicated Member
    Big cooling concerns for MGP.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89642

Just removing the panels either side of the drivers head costs around 0.4s per lap, fixing the cooling combined with the new aero package for the next test should close the gap a lot betweem RBR and themselves.

Last edited by ANDY098; 02-26-2011 at 16:11.

Elite Guru
    I'm fine with McLaren being behind as long as Williams' are at the front .

Or if Webber wins the WDC.

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    What is everyone's favorite track here? Mine is Circuit Gilles Villeneuve such great history, exciting track, and named after a legend here.

Last edited by Firefox; 02-27-2011 at 03:06.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    circuit gilles villeneuve is a good circuit, but it's a shadow of its former self. it was better before it was sanitized in the mid 90's, and it was at its best when the pits used to be at the opposite end of the track just after the hairpin. the starts were always pretty special watching all the cars barrel down to what is now the last corner.

for me, it has to be silverstone, partially for sentimental reasons, but also because I think it is still one of the best tracks on the calendar.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Elite Member
    Spa.

Love the slender turns after the hairpin up into the long straight at the start, and watching the cars power up it.
    A man can dream though. A man can dream...

Elite Guru
    Silverstone never disappoints, but Albert Park will always held a special place in my heart.

Elite Guru
    Hamilton to drive NASCAR at Watkins Glen later this year:
    http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/02/2...-watkins-glen/

As long as he doesn't pull a Montoya on us, all is well .

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    is it me, and i know its only testing, but the new mclaren car aint looking all that.............

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    mclaren over recent years have had an habit of doing very little in pre season test sessions compared to other teams around them, and have ended up getting bitten for it when the season itself actually kicks off. I'm hoping that is not the case this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

I'm starting to think that come australia, it will be like 2009 all over again.

Dedicated Member
    Testing mileage isn't always a sign of performance. Honda and BMW always did lots of testing and never got anything from it (in 2006 Honda did over 60000 km in pre season, the equivalent of doing the combined distance of every race in 2006 over 10 times), but in comparison Brawn did only 4000 km and Red Bull did around 6600 km last year, but both cars were dominant during the season.

That said, I still think McLaren should be doing far more laps than they are. But even then, they know what they are doing and I'm sure are doing what they think is best. J.Neale says they are focusing on gathering data for their simulator, so I'm not too worried at the moment.

Dedicated Member
    F1's commercial boss Bernie Ecclestone said on Tuesday that he has agreed with governing body the FIA that a final decision on the matter will be made in the next few weeks - as he even hinted about Bahrain getting slotted into the August summer break.
    I hope not!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89681

908 Hybrid looks pretty cool (like a Zebra!), will test at Le Mans testing in April.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89689

Uses KERS which has the same capacity as an F1 system, probably an F1 KERS bought from one of the manufacturers. Magneti Marelli probably.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDY098 View Post
    Testing mileage isn't always a sign of performance. Honda and BMW always did lots of testing and never got anything from it (in 2006 Honda did over 60000 km in pre season, the equivalent of doing the combined distance of every race in 2006 over 10 times), but in comparison Brawn did only 4000 km and Red Bull did around 6600 km last year, but both cars were dominant during the season.

That said, I still think McLaren should be doing far more laps than they are. But even then, they know what they are doing and I'm sure are doing what they think is best. J.Neale says they are focusing on gathering data for their simulator, so I'm not too worried at the moment.
    no it's not, but you can only find out what potential a car has by putting in the miles, be that reliability or speed. if you don't put the mileage in, you are spending less time learning the quirks of the car, and are ultimately less likely to find a solution to any problems short term.

mclaren are a team of experience yeah, but for the experience they have, their constructor trophy cabinet is incredibly bare, moreso for the last 10 years.

teams these days are putting all their eggs in the simulation basket, which with the limits on testing is understandable. simulators though, for all intent & purpose, are insignificant compared to valuable track time, nothing compares to actually being out on the track for gathering useful data. there are also factors that no simulator in the world can deal with.

tracktime is worth its weight in gold to a team like mclaren, and they should be using as much of it as possible while it's there.

it's not just pre season testing either, I lost count of how many practice sessions during race weekends the mclarens were sat in the pits letting the clock tick down.

as soon as that light turns green, both cars should be out to do an installation lap, then return to see what is what before returning to the track to rack up the laps.

Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    and this is my main worry about all of the above, both drivers are now starting to wake up to the possible reality that for the first half dozen races, they could be up against it. even as the gates are about to open, mclaren look like they are still trying to get their horses in the box.

it does indeed look like it's going to be 2009 all over again.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Surebrec View Post
    it does indeed look like it's going to be 2009 all over again.
    People over rate 2009, the second half of the season was great for McLaren, the MP4-24 had incredible amounts of mechanical grip, and the best KERS on the field. But yes, the first half was disappointing.

At the end of the day, we can't tell anything until the lights go green in Albert Park. 1988 anyone?

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    i need someone to blame for delays to Formula 1

henceforth, i blame this thread for all things going wrong currently in formula 1....McLaren inclusive

Sig courtesy of the_jim

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkano6 View Post
    People over rate 2009, the second half of the season was great for McLaren, the MP4-24 had incredible amounts of mechanical grip, and the best KERS on the field. But yes, the first half was disappointing.

At the end of the day, we can't tell anything until the lights go green in Albert Park. 1988 anyone?
    Even better now.

Can't see anyone doing a repeat (or bettering) the MP4/4. The cars are all too equal in performance and so tightly regulated that it couldn't happen, in season development also means it won't happen as the teams can catch-up and overtake over the course of the season, 2009 for example, Brawn dominated the early season and Red Bull dominated the end of the season.

Edit:

“It sounds quite simple but generally most optimised F1 cars are very close to bursting into flames as they’re going around the track."

More now than ever with the exhausts meandering their way around the insides of the car!

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/03/02/day/

Edit 2:

New AMR LMP looks horrible.

It sound like they (Prodrive) will apply to enter F1 in 2013 though, they have to be a serious contender to be picked this time.

Q. What about Formula 1?
    DR: "We just sit on the sidelines, watch it on TV and await the next opportunity. We have always made it very clear that Aston Martin should one day consider participating in Formula 1. Looking at the new regulations for 2013, we have to take them quite seriously."
    http://plus.autosport.com/premium/fe...in-lmp1-racer/
    Last edited by ANDY098; 03-02-2011 at 21:16.

Superior Member

That is hideous! And why have they gone with an open $#@!pit when Audi said there's no benefit these days in easier pitstops it's better to gain the time on track?

The back is probably the best angle...

But the front...

"and powered by a 2.0 litre turbocharged six cylinder direct injection petrol engine."

At least before when it was slow it didn't matter because it sounded amazing....

Dedicated Member
    Someone on Autosport described it as a submarine with wheels.

The back is only the best angle because it hides everything.

The N/A engined cars should still sound good, as should the GTs. I still can't believe the Audi and Peugeot are basically silent through the corners.
    Last edited by ANDY098; 03-02-2011 at 21:36.

Elite Guru
    Excluding the sharkfin, I actually think it looks ok .

EDIT:

I dislike Vettel when he's in the car, but when he's out of the car he comes across as a decent bloke .

Last edited by Arkano6; 03-03-2011 at 00:18.

Elite Guru

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arkano6 View Post
    10 minute vid! Is it Schumacher in his classic dodgy white suit and shades?
    Last edited by crooky369; 03-03-2011 at 19:41.

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    What on earth??!?!?!?

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/04/r...g-more-exciti/

Report: Ecclestone wants fake rain to make F1 racing more exciting

Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone seems to believe he has a recipe to make his sport a bit more entertaining, and it involves heaping buckets of artificial rain. That's right – no longer content to simply play with KERS and points systems, Ecclestone has reportedly turned his attentions towward bending weather to his will.

The F1 honcho says that overtaking in the dry is nearly impossible thanks to marbles on the course, but the instant things turn wet, the racing gets more exciting by the second. Some tracks are already outfitted with systems to water down the tarmac, and Ecclestone says that it would be relatively simple to fit other courses with irrigation.

While speaking with the official F1 website, Ecclestone said that he could imagine flooding tracks for 20 minutes during the middle of a race or for the last 10 laps with a two-minute warning.

Why not just drop Sebastian Vettel and the rest of the F1 gang in row boats and make them paddle around the Seine? We're sure that would be plenty entertaining, and probably a good bit safer. Thanks for the tip, Andre!

Thread Information