Page 136 of 257 FirstFirst ... 126136146 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 6412
  1. #3376
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,675
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Lmao, not quite. Watch a replay - the young Lotus driver was a bit keen when Maldonado had the line and was ahead

    Actually, it's just a 'racing incident', but by no means Maldonado's fault

  2. #3377
    Elite Sage
    Xelios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    22
    Posts
    10,438
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    22,827 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'd blame Maldonado for it. Grosjean gave him the space and moved over, Maldonado took every inch of it and took him out. Grosjean was already in front of him to begin with, so its not like he was being overly aggressive. Regardless, it was truly a good race, and even though Red Bull didn't take first, I'm happy with the way the field turned out.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

  3. #3378
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,675
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Really? I'll have to watch it again then, if I get the chance

    From how I remember it, it seemed Maldonado has passed him into the corner and had the line and track position. I would have assumed Grosjean would have had to yield, so to speak, in order to prevent the cars touching

    He was quite impressive tbh, Grosjean. A shame his race ended the way it did, same with Schumi's - he was looking good, no way the Ferrari would have got as high up as 5th if Grosjean and Schumi managed to finish. Boy, that Ferrari team has a hell of a job on their hands

  4. #3379
    Elite Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,519
    Rep Power
    41
    Points
    20,249 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelios View Post
    I'd blame Maldonado for it. Grosjean gave him the space and moved over, Maldonado took every inch of it and took him out. Grosjean was already in front of him to begin with, so its not like he was being overly aggressive. Regardless, it was truly a good race, and even though Red Bull didn't take first, I'm happy with the way the field turned out.


    You must have been watching a different race from the one I saw.

    I saw Maldonado make an inside pass on Grosjean, took the racing line away, forced Grosjean to the outside, and then Grosjean ended up getting his front tyre hit by Maldonado's rear tyre because he tried to stay on the outside rather than falling back into line.

    It was a "racing incident" but if you wanted to lay blame at someone's feet, then blame Grosjean for making a rookie mistake by trying to fight back on the outside of the corner exit when he had clearly lost the line and position.

  5. #3380
    Elite Sage
    Xelios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    22
    Posts
    10,438
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    22,827 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    You must have been watching a different race from the one I saw.

    I saw Maldonado make an inside pass on Grosjean, took the racing line away, forced Grosjean to the outside, and then Grosjean ended up getting his front tyre hit by Maldonado's rear tyre because he tried to stay on the outside rather than falling back into line.

    It was a "racing incident" but if you wanted to lay blame at someone's feet, then blame Grosjean for making a rookie mistake by trying to fight back on the outside of the corner exit when he had clearly lost the line and position.
    He basically tried to force Grosjean off into the grass. You can't expect someone to push their own car onto the grass, that's absurd. Kobayashi and Hamilton had the same issue last year. After Maldonado made the clean pass, he pushes the car further left before clearing Grosjean, it was too late at that point. Grosjean was pretty much cornered into that. Neither car would have made it through the turn anyway if they continued, but Maldonado made it through because he bounced off of Grosjean. It's not like he wasn't going to give it up anyway, he was already passed.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

  6. #3381
    Super Carlton
    33x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW London
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,581
    Rep Power
    103
    Points
    33,878 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Seeing as there was already a F1 Sticky, ive merged the 2012 thread with this.

    Right, where do i start?

    Is Button a better driver than Hamilton? It pains me to say this, but yes he is. Not faster, but a better all round driver. Even if lewis didnt have that slow start, the lead button took out pretty quickly leads me to believe that button wouldve taken him at some point........wtf?

    Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

  7. #3382
    Elite Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,519
    Rep Power
    41
    Points
    20,249 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelios View Post
    He basically tried to force Grosjean off into the grass. You can't expect someone to push their own car onto the grass, that's absurd.
    How long have you been watching F1?

    I've been watching since the 1970s. I attended my first F1 race in 1984. As long as I've been watching, if a driver has the inside line and the lead at corner apex he will run all the way to the outside edge of the track on corner exit. That's just normal F1. The driver on the outside and behind has the responsibility to give way or pay the consequences.

    That's why there was no penalty or even review by the stewards. It was clealy a case of Maldonado had the line and the lead, thus he can choose to drive on any portion of the race track he wants and Grosjean has the responsibility to either give way or make a clean attempt to pass.









    Now, one thing I found very interesting in this race was the 2nd tire stint. Both McLarens went with the Prime (Medium compound) tires while Vettel went with the option (Super-soft compound). Normally you would expect Vettel's times to be faster, but for Button and Hamilton's tires to last a lot longer.

    What shoudl worry any McLaren fan is the fact that Vettel somehow managed to make his option tires last longer than either McLaren with the primes. Even Button, who is very well known for being gentle on his tires used his up before Vettel. The McLaren is fast, but they may have some major problems with tire wear on some of the more abrasive circuits.

  8. #3383
    Elite Sage
    Xelios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    22
    Posts
    10,438
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    22,827 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    How long have you been watching F1?

    I've been watching since the 1970s. I attended my first F1 race in 1984. As long as I've been watching, if a driver has the inside line and the lead at corner apex he will run all the way to the outside edge of the track on corner exit. That's just normal F1. The driver on the outside and behind has the responsibility to give way or pay the consequences.

    That's why there was no penalty or even review by the stewards. It was clealy a case of Maldonado had the line and the lead, thus he can choose to drive on any portion of the race track he wants and Grosjean has the responsibility to either give way or make a clean attempt to pass.









    Now, one thing I found very interesting in this race was the 2nd tire stint. Both McLarens went with the Prime (Medium compound) tires while Vettel went with the option (Super-soft compound). Normally you would expect Vettel's times to be faster, but for Button and Hamilton's tires to last a lot longer.

    What shoudl worry any McLaren fan is the fact that Vettel somehow managed to make his option tires last longer than either McLaren with the primes. Even Button, who is very well known for being gentle on his tires used his up before Vettel. The McLaren is fast, but they may have some major problems with tire wear on some of the more abrasive circuits.
    Not very long admittedly. I watched some of 2010, and 2011. I suppose you're right about the passing etiquette. I guess it was just a bad place to be for Grosjean.

    Btw you sure those were the super softs? I thought the yellow stripes were the softs? But I remember the BBC commentators saying that Pirelli has made the tires a lot closer to each other in terms of slowness, the medium compounds were only like half a second slower.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

  9. #3384
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,588
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    279,944 (888 Banked)
    eh, normally i dont bother too much about practicing.
    but i somehow feel like im gunna be left behind if i dont this year.
    really hoping Ferrari's form is better then they showed at Melbourne. i want cars at the top to be battling for those coveted positions.

    [edit]
    wohw, either everyone nowz crying coz Vettel no longer polling every race or Vettel single fingerdly destroyed F1
    WHERE ALL THE TROLLS AT!!

    but either/or, theres something wrong with this picture



    where is hakkinen, Barrichello or Irvine!!
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 03-25-2012 at 04:47.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  10. #3385
    Super Carlton
    33x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW London
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,581
    Rep Power
    103
    Points
    33,878 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Hmmmm, mclaren $#@!ing up all of lewis's pit stops and costing him the race?

    And is it me or is lewis race pace not good? Not once did he catch perez. Having said that, he shouldve been infront if not for his team $#@!ing up his pit stops.

    but 30 points out of 50 aint bad!

    Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

  11. #3386
    Elite Sage
    Xelis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    12,113
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    4,224 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2
    I'll start off by saying Massa is an atrocious driver, having Alonso win the race and him finish 17th or something, without any hinderances is appalling, give the spot back to Kimi or a new driver.

    Nice to see Hamilton get stiffed during pit stops for the second time in a row....

    Perez did a fantastic job and it's good to see the mid table teams coming through.
    Last edited by Xelis; 03-26-2012 at 17:36.



  12. #3387
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    18,023
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    65,010 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Couldnt watch it live all the way through I only saw the last 10 laps or so and was shocked to see Button in 14th place, Alonso first and Perez second, but it goes to show what a rain cando to the outcome of the races. Anyoen remeber Olivier Panis win at Monaco in 96?
    Last edited by keefy; 03-26-2012 at 17:54.

  13. #3388
    Elite Sage
    Xelis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    12,113
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    4,224 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Couldnt watch it live all the way through I only saw the last 10 laps or so and was shocked to see Button in 14th place, Alonso first and Perez second, but it goes to show what a rain cando to the outcome of the races. Anyoen remeber Olivier Panis win at Monaco in 96?
    Button needed a nose change after running into Karthikeyan.



  14. #3389
    Elite Sage
    Xelios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    22
    Posts
    10,438
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    22,827 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't think anybody saw that outcome to the Malaysian GP coming at all. Sucks that Perez couldn't grab the 1st place position though, it was definitely within his grasp. If only he didnt run wide into that turn. Also HRT
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

  15. #3390
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,588
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    279,944 (888 Banked)
    sorry for the wall of text

    Grand Prix dilemma in Bahrain


    By Frank GardnerBBC security correspondent

    Bahrain is once again at a crossroads.
    Fourteen months since predominately Shia protests erupted against the rule of the Sunni monarchy, questions are being raised over whether one of the biggest events in Bahrain's calendar should go ahead.
    The Formula 1 Grand Prix is due to be held on 22 April and for the tiny island Gulf state this is huge.
    It employs thousands of Bahrainis, both Shia and Sunni, and, according to the government, brings in hundreds of millions of dollars' worth of business, putting Bahrain firmly on the world sporting map.
    The problem is, those protests are far from over, the country is perhaps more divided than ever along sectarian lines, and one of the most prominent pro-democracy campaigners, Abdulhadi al-Khawaja, is two months into a hunger strike in protest at his life sentence on charges of trying to overthrow the monarchy.
    If he dies in custody, as his lawyer warns he might, then the simmering daily clashes between police and protesters in the Shia villages will likely explode.

    'Up to the people of Bahrain

    '
    Little wonder that some of the international F1 participants are voicing doubts about whether they want to take part. Last year's F1 Grand Prix in Bahrain was postponed, then cancelled.
    So should Bahrain's F1 go ahead this year or not?
    Formula 1 Group CEO Bernie Ecclestone said on Tuesday this is "up to the people of Bahrain" and at the moment it is going ahead.


    Protests against the government have continued in Bahrain for the past 14 months

    Essentially it boils down to two factors for teams to consider: safety and morality.
    On safety, the Bahraini authorities are likely to take every possible precaution to shield participants from any unpleasantness. They will be chaperoned, escorted and protected, from airport to hotel to race track.
    The venue itself is out in the desert, halfway down the island at Sakhir - and far from the troubled villages where Molotov $#@!tails are traded nightly with the riot police.
    A long-term Bahrain resident said: "They may experience traffic jams but hopefully nothing worse".
    But the issue of moral conscience is rather more complex.
    Bahrain is where the Arab Spring visibly failed last year, smothered by draconian security measures that saw several unarmed protesters die in custody. Al-Khawaja himself was arrested in his house at night and beaten unconscious in front of his screaming family.

    'No meaningful dialogue'

    Since then, an independent commission of inquiry, the BICI commission, has investigated thousands of claims of abuses, found the government guilty of systematic abuse of prisoners, and made numerous recommendations to improve human rights which the ruler, King Hamad, has promised to act on.

    Reforms include two senior police officers being drafted in from the UK and US to advise Bahrain on how to improve community policing, while several junior Bahraini officers are being investigated for alleged abuses.
    But the opposition says the reforms are mainly cosmetic, innocent people are still in jail and there is no meaningful dialogue under way on how to share power more equitably, despite the efforts of the more reform-minded members of the ruling al-Khalifa family and moderate voices in the opposition.
    If this month's Grand Prix is cancelled it would effectively be an international vote of no confidence in Bahrain.
    This is exactly what many of the government's opponents want, sending a message that as long as the country's Shia community feels disenfranchised then why should it be business as usual?
    But a senior official in Bahrain, who asked not to be named, told the BBC "cancelling the Grand Prix would be a real backward step and is not going to benefit anyone, either politically or economically.
    "It will send the Sunni community apoplectic and make it harder than ever for moderates to reach common ground."

    source
    anyone got any views on the matter?
    i, for one, am finding it hard either way. i dont really know what they are protesting for in the first place. and it seems as if there is no majority either way.... as the report states they are split in two.
    due to my ignorance (lets call it that) i'd have to go with keeping the race on. i dont see why not....there is no majority to satiate claims either way. one sides good (apparently) is the other sides bad.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  16. #3391
    Master Sage
    Firefox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,371
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    10,524 (0 Banked)
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I really don't have a view since I don't know too much about the political situation there, but as long as the safety of the audience coming out to see the race, the drivers and crew can be guaranteed equal to other events then it's fine.

    If that is the case then it will just be a moral question and I am not really sure how the reigning monarchy is there.

  17. #3392
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,588
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    279,944 (888 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
    I really don't have a view since I don't know too much about the political situation there, but as long as the safety of the audience coming out to see the race, the drivers and crew can be guaranteed equal to other events then it's fine.

    If that is the case then it will just be a moral question and I am not really sure how the reigning monarchy is there.
    my sentiments exactly.
    so long as the spectators and drivers are looked after and have a day of thorough enjoyment i don't see why there'd be opposition.
    from what i've seen the monarchy in Bahrain is somewhere between absolute and constitutional monarchs.
    they dont come across as being oppressors.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  18. #3393
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    18,023
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    65,010 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    WTF why does the 2012 season thread start i n 2009?

  19. #3394
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,588
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    279,944 (888 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    WTF why does the 2012 season thread start i n 2009?
    there was a 2012 thread
    it got merged to the end of this one

    Chinese qualifying was EPIC!!
    the teams are so close! with the exception of the rogue Rosberg lap (???) and no Vettel in the top 10 either...strange!
    doubt either of the Mercedes will win tomorrow. prolly end up 5th to 7th. assuming they can actually have an event-free race -.-
    needless to say, im somewhat excited for the race
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  20. #3395
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,588
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    279,944 (888 Banked)
    EPIC race! much better than last year!
    cars were sooo close!
    although....teams seem to be finishing in two's.....hope just random coincidence.

    on a slight tangent
    F1 teams send Codemasters programming team t-shirts.

    they must love programming this see-saw of performance
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  21. #3396
    Elite Sage
    Xelios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    22
    Posts
    10,438
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    22,827 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Holy $#@! that was an amazing race. I won't post any spoilers, but you guys need to see that. Hell of a turnout.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

  22. #3397
    Elite Sage
    Xelis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    12,113
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    4,224 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2
    Epic race. Happy for Nico, I was a little disappointed when Schumacher had to retire but seeing both Mclarens on the podium again was great, was looking forward to see Burton hunt Nico down though...



  23. #3398
    Super Carlton
    33x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW London
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,581
    Rep Power
    103
    Points
    33,878 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Its gonna be a VERY close WC this year, no team will have a major edge over the other. McClarens wont have it all their own way as seen in China. However, i still wager if Lewis didnt have penalty, he wouldnt of allowed Nico to do a Vettel!

    Bring on Bahrain!

    Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

  24. #3399
    Elite Sage
    Xelis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    12,113
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    4,224 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Its gonna be a VERY close WC this year, no team will have a major edge over the other. McClarens wont have it all their own way as seen in China. However, i still wager if Lewis didnt have penalty, he wouldnt of allowed Nico to do a Vettel!

    Bring on Bahrain!
    Yep, no Lewis penalty and no Button pit line screw up and China would have ended with a Mclaren 1-2 again.



  25. #3400
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,588
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    279,944 (888 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelis View Post
    Yep, no Lewis penalty and no Button pit line screw up and China would have ended with a Mclaren 1-2 again.
    unlikely.
    they would've been racing Micheal regardless of position. Button was dropping time to Micheal at the end of his first stint.
    Hamilton would've had to defend against Micheal for all of their first stint
    Nico, in any retrospective, still comes out winner. also note that he didn't even race the Mclarens Like-for-like. he used the slower tire after the first stint whilst the other two went onto softs.
    button could've only managed to catch Nico, not pass. in my opinion
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.