Latest PSU headlines:

Page 138 of 236 FirstFirst ... 128138148 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 5880
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelis View Post
    Hamilton has ALWAYS come off badly in any given situation where the FIA can punish him and this decision is just ridiculous.

I've seen loads of drivers stop due to lack of fuel after qualifications and more so races, surely the guys that were unable to get back to the pits after a race should be stripped of their wins...
    you haven't seen any drivers do it since the rule was introduced a few years ago, to combat this very sort of behaviour.

when drivers have stopped in the past, it's due to having actually genuinely run out of fuel, or because of some other issue beyond the control of the driver and/or team. there is a difference between not being able to get to the pits for any reason, and choosing not to do so, that is why mclaren's force majeure claim was thrown out.

He had the required 1 litre of fuel in his car 1.3 litres to be exact. Just not enough to get back to the pits and then give the sample. If anything his Q3 time should have been stripped and that alone.
    whether he had the 1 litre or more or not when he pulled up is beyond the point. what matters, is if he had that 1 litre after returning to the pits. he probably wouldn't have had that 1 litre required if he had continued. either way, he contravened the rules.

when teams are dialling in their qualifying strategies, they have to allow for one extra litre of fuel for sampling purposes. it's marginal and some teams cut it so fine that they won't make the in lap unless they turn the wick down. in this case, mclaren tried to shave too much off.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Elite Sage
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2
    You know the ironic thing too, his lap was half a second faster than Pastor, he could have had an extra 5 litres of fuel and still been pole..

I have to admit I am looking forward to seeing what Hamilton can do from the back, if I was him I'd turn off the radio and just go for it, burn through tyres, hit Massa on the way past, trundle through the pit lane at 160 MPH, flip the officials off while going past the start/finish line, the throw in a few donuts on the start/finish line after the race. All this while drawing up a contract with Red Bull.
    Last edited by Xelis; 05-13-2012 at 02:10.

3. Likes 33x , Fijiandoce likes this post
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    its funny you should say Massa......because the fact that he drives a Ferrari is lol!!!! 17th!!!! whilst alonso is 2nd!!!

he should get the boot after this race. they cant keep him all season, he's starting to make the team look like a joke! and the season isn't even going their way.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    its funny you should say Massa......because the fact that he drives a Ferrari is lol!!!! 17th!!!! whilst alonso is 2nd!!!

he should get the boot after this race. they cant keep him all season, he's starting to make the team look like a joke! and the season isn't even going their way.
    Most of the posts I've made here have a dig at Massa in them. He's a complete joke of a driver, I dislike Ferrari and Alonso but Ferrari deserve a better driver and Alonso a better partner, Alonso is an amazing driver but to have that big of a gulf between the drivers is insane.

I still cannot believe he was 2 corners from being world champion.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    problem for ferrari with regards to massa is alonso, it has been since he joined them. when alonso joined ferrari, I thought he was the better of the 2 drivers, but not by the gulf there is between them now. what alonso had working in his favour, is the 2 world championships. past form carries a lot of weight for a team like ferrari, when a driver has that, half the battle is already won.

despite the endless funds they have at their disposal to lure drivers to them, they are limited to who they can get as long as alonso is there, just like they were when schumacher was driving for them. that's the disadvantage of having a clear #1 within a team, they have too much bargaining power, especially if it's written into their contract that they have input on who the second driver is.

was it not for alonso, I think massa would have been ousted by now, and perez would have been sitting in his seat already.

the second seat at ferrari is a posioned chalice, other than hamilton (who I think would relish the challenge) and perez, I don't think any of the established top end drivers would touch them with the proverbial 10 foot barge pole.

they could get rid of massa in a heartbeat if it was that simple, but they will just end up throwing money away trying to buy a likewise driver out of his current contract, or pluck one out of their driver academy who is not already tied to another team, or even pluck one out of GP2.

what ferrari need, is a driver who is fast, but not so fast as to upset alonso.

Elite Guru
    Generally, it appears people accept there wasn't enough fuel in the car to pit and provide a sample in line with FIA rules.

The issue for me is the severity of the punishment. It seems way too harsh. He should be relegated to the back of the session he got into. In this case, Q1. At most, pushed to eleventh place and kicked out Q1 altogether.

To put him right at the back of the race is far too heavy a punishment.

Having said that, I hope he has a stonking race and gets into the points, the FIA are unlikely to change their mind.

Obligatory TapaTalk signature.

Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Meh. It's unfair to Lewis, but it's fair against McLaren. They $#@!ed up, and rules are rules. Whitmarsh seemed uneasy like he knew what was wrong when they interviewed him on BBC.

Either way, I'm absolutely loving this season.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelios View Post
    Meh. It's unfair to Lewis, but it's fair against McLaren. They $#@!ed up, and rules are rules. Whitmarsh seemed uneasy like he knew what was wrong when they interviewed him on BBC.

Either way, I'm absolutely loving this season.
    likewise, but i can't fathom how the teams are working. i like finding the answers. but this season is just one big 'F U brain' no team appears to have an outright strength.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    right, $#@! the fia. bunch of racists $#@!s, always doing everything possible to $#@! lewis up, its not his fault mclaren are so imcompent to keeping $#@!ing up like this, lewis needs to leave them.

there was no need for the fia to completely wipe out his whole Q.

rosberg pushed alonso and lewis off the track and nothing happened to him, mclaren, not lewis, didnt fuel his car enough (which had no impact on his q3 p1) and they punish him like that?

you lot are really deluded if you still think the fia dont have it in for lewis. mainly looking at you here Sub, im sure you will agree that lewis deserved this and this is all his fault, not his idiotic team
    Last edited by 33x; 05-13-2012 at 10:52.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    oh and $#@! the tyres! f1 is now about who can save their tyres, not who is the best driver! down with pirelli!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    right, $#@! the fia. bunch of racists $#@!s, always doing everything possible to $#@! lewis up, its not his fault mclaren are so imcompent to keeping $#@!ing up like this, lewis needs to leave them.

there was no need for the fia to completely wipe out his whole Q.

rosberg pushed alonso and lewis off the track and nothing happened to him, mclaren, not lewis, didnt fuel his car enough (which had no impact on his q3 p1) and they punish him like that?

you lot are really deluded if you still think the fia dont have it in for lewis. mainly looking at you here Sub, im sure you will agree that lewis deserved this and this is all his fault, not his idiotic team
    there's only you that is deluded if you think the FIA is racist. the FIA is made up of member organisations from across the globe, if there was any evidence of racism, it would tear itself apart.

as I have said before, they are incompetant yes, but they are not racist. they applied the rule to the letter of the law. apart from the severity of the penalty, the decision was just. had it been any other driver, the penalty would also have been applied, so to suggest it was done so just because it is lewis, is quite laughable to be honest.

as for what happened in bahrain, no they didn't penalise rosberg, but on the other hand, they didn't penalise hamilton either for what was effectively gaining a place off the track.

in cases like this, you can't punish the team without punishing the driver, it's just not possible. the very rule that was broken, was one that was introduced to prevent this very thing from happening, teams deliberately underfuelling cars to gain an unfair advantage. the irony is that the incident that led to the rule being brought in was committed by mclaren and hamilton as well.

Forum Sage

What time does the race start today?

BBK. Tapatalking.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    1pm BST

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    oh and $#@! the tyres! f1 is now about who can save their tyres, not who is the best driver! down with pirelli!
    I prefer this to having cars go around in parade formation for 50+ laps. I was one of the ones crying out for increased tyre wear after seeing cars put in a solid 56 lap stint on the Bridgestones, holding every mother$#@! up, to finally dive into the pits on the penultimate lap for the hard set of tyres, yes 50+ laps on "softs".

I don't think we'll ever see a time in F1 where the absolute best driver wins, there are way too many variables.

16. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    I prefer this to having cars go around in parade formation for 50+ laps. I was one of the ones crying out for increased tyre wear after seeing cars put in a solid 56 lap stint on the Bridgestones, holding every mother$#@! up, to finally dive into the pits on the penultimate lap for the hard set of tyres, yes 50+ laps on "softs".

I don't think we'll ever see a time in F1 where the absolute best driver wins, there are way too many variables.
    common sense really.

the tyre changes have contributed to spicing things up. 3X is just moaning because hamilton hasn't benefited from yet as yet. had he won all the races so far, this rule would have been the best thing since sliced bread.

he did nothing but complain about how boring the sport was for the last 2 seasons with the dominance the red bulls had, but had it been mclaren dominance, it would have been a different matter altogether.

nothing more melodramatic than a partisan fanboy!

Elite Guru
    Oh no, the race card isn't being played here too is it...

Hamilton is my favourite driver and I think the severity of punishment was too much. But to claim it's because of skin colour is just nonsense.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    Oh no, the race card isn't being played here too is it...

Hamilton is my favourite driver and I think the severity of punishment was too much. But to claim it's because of skin colour is just nonsense.

my sentiments exactly.

it's not the first time he's tried to suggest it's because of skin colour either.

Elite Sage
    Well credit to Maldonado he passed possibly the toughest test in F1, holding back a charging Alonso.

Brilliant drive from Hamilton and to have solid lap times after 30 laps was impressive.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Circuit de Catalunya, my least favourite race on the calendar.

kudos to Maldonado, he's done quite well this season. if this is his only win this year its more then deserved.
    quite enjoyed the race. hate watching Shumey retire though T.T
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    Circuit de Catalunya, my least favourite race on the calendar.

kudos to Maldonado, he's done quite well this season. if this is his only win this year its more then deserved.
    quite enjoyed the race. hate watching Shumey retire though T.T
    Nothing compares to Monaco, horrible, horrible track.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Nothing compares to Monaco, horrible, horrible track.
    agreed, though i watch Monaco with somewhat higher anticipation levels then Spain. for amazing opportunist passing, ala Schumacher on alonso a couple of years ago
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Elite Sage
    So did anybody catch that fire in the Williams garage? Apparently a few people were injured, I think 4 Force India, a Caterham, and a Williams mechanic. Pics of the aftermath in the spoiler.

Horrible end to the GP.
    Last edited by Xelios; 05-13-2012 at 22:36.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.

Elite Member
    Good race happy for William's first win in 8 years & great drive from Maldonado, an i hope everyone who sufferd from the fire is ok, its a bad thing that happend on a good day for every1 at Williams all enjoying there moment ectt, does any1 know what caused the fire?

shame about Mclaren an lewis an button but only things will get better for them, that's if they sort themselfs out an stop playing favorite's :/

Michael Schumacher in my eyes has no right to be in F1 no more hes turning himself to be a joke an his talent has had his days, maybe he should leave at end of the season. hes been punished for the crash with bruno senna an will take a 5-place grid penalty for the next race.

Elite Sage
    Nothing completely conclusive, but during the broadcast they mentioned something about the KERS system sparking, and lighting some fuel, which set the place ablaze. It's supposed to have originated from Senna's wreckage.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Ignoring the silly flame-bait comments from sub above...
    Coming back to Lewis, are the rules adjusted always to punish him or what? I just realised had he defended like Roseberg in Bahrain, he would have been punished as well/ This one came out of thin air. And as many people have pointed out, drivers are often ordered to stop right after the race, an example Bahrain where Vettle was stopped soon after crossing the flag i suppose to save fuel and reach the available minimum for FIA testing. So why then should drivers be allowed to stop after the race and not in qualifying? Couldn't it be possible an under fuelled car which i'm sure the FIA wants to avoid will run out of fuel in the closing laps of a race and allows others to pass making the difference fair? There has to be a clarification of the rule as i supposed the FIA are just too happy to punish Lewis with the maximum penalty if possible. To be honest i don't get excited about his podiums or results any more unless a day or 2 after because you could find out he was giving a penalty from excessive celebrating a podium place by the FIA. A list of never ending victimisation i will say.

Also team McLaren has been a let down. I mean such incompetence couldn't be excused for ever? The build a good car but mistakes are costing them valuable points and Lewis and Jenson are suffering as a result of it. Lewis more.

And for the Perilli tires, i think the excitment from them is reaching a deminishing return. Surely shouldn't there be a balance in some races where the tires are more durable and some when they degrade faster? It will mix better. Seeing a whole season where every races is about tires and calls of nurse the tires is getting a bit boring. We want a good mix but not at the expense of drivers driving slowly and can't chase down others because the tires will fall off.

Based on their cars performance thus far neither Alonso or Vettel should be tied for first place. McLaren SHOULD be running away with this season - three poles and two second place starts for Hamilton in five races. What's helping everyone else is that McLaren continue to shoot themselves in the foot

Great Drive from Maldonado, can't help thinking that Hamilton would have won if he'd started from pole. His qualifying has been great but penalties and team mistake have cost him.

Thread Information