Page 139 of 248 FirstFirst ... 129139149 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 6178
  1. #3451
    Super Elite
    Surebrec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Manchester. England
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,419
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    5,583 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Ignoring the silly flame-bait comments from sub above...
    Coming back to Lewis, are the rules adjusted always to punish him or what? I just realised had he defended like Roseberg in Bahrain, he would have been punished as well/ This one came out of thin air. And as many people have pointed out, drivers are often ordered to stop right after the race, an example Bahrain where Vettle was stopped soon after crossing the flag i suppose to save fuel and reach the available minimum for FIA testing. So why then should drivers be allowed to stop after the race and not in qualifying? Couldn't it be possible an under fuelled car which i'm sure the FIA wants to avoid will run out of fuel in the closing laps of a race and allows others to pass making the difference fair? There has to be a clarification of the rule as i supposed the FIA are just too happy to punish Lewis with the maximum penalty if possible. To be honest i don't get excited about his podiums or results any more unless a day or 2 after because you could find out he was giving a penalty from excessive celebrating a podium place by the FIA. A list of never ending victimisation i will say.

    Also team McLaren has been a let down. I mean such incompetence couldn't be excused for ever? The build a good car but mistakes are costing them valuable points and Lewis and Jenson are suffering as a result of it. Lewis more.

    And for the Perilli tires, i think the excitment from them is reaching a deminishing return. Surely shouldn't there be a balance in some races where the tires are more durable and some when they degrade faster? It will mix better. Seeing a whole season where every races is about tires and calls of nurse the tires is getting a bit boring. We want a good mix but not at the expense of drivers driving slowly and can't chase down others because the tires will fall off.

    Based on their cars performance thus far neither Alonso or Vettel should be tied for first place. McLaren SHOULD be running away with this season - three poles and two second place starts for Hamilton in five races. What's helping everyone else is that McLaren continue to shoot themselves in the foot

    Great Drive from Maldonado, can't help thinking that Hamilton would have won if he'd started from pole. His qualifying has been great but penalties and team mistake have cost him.
    silly flame-bait comments????



    oh please!!!!

    that is an accusation I'd only expect from the most blinkered of fanboys, the ones with absolutely no grasp on reality, the same ones who will try to find excuse anywhere but in their own corner.

    your posts get more and more baffling with each one you make.

    you conveniently glossed over the fact that 2 penalties could have been handed out in bahrain, but neither was, and you only keep referencing the one that rosberg was investigated for. hamilton was equally to blame and be just as entitled to punishment for gaining a place off the track.

    there is no way of knowing whether hamilton would have received a penalty had the situation been reversed, because it didn't happen, and by plucking at straws to suggest he would have been, is an act of sheer desperation.

    as for vettel slowing up in malaysia. my recollection was for something other than running low on fuel, so your arguement on that front is flawed as well.

    "we need you to stop as we have concerns about your brakes overheating" or "we need you to stop now to conserve your engine/gearbox" is not quite in the scope of "we need you to stop, we have a serious problem, we'll explain later"

    "we'll explain later" turned out to mean "we don't have enough fuel for you to get back and supply the required amount of fuel requested in regulation 6.6.2"

    pulling up for safety concerns, or to save unnecessary damage on what could be a very expensive car component is acceptable, common sense allows it. and anyway, I don't think he did actually slow up, at least not until the last lap anyway. he completed the same number of laps as the race winner did, even though he was getting the requests to stop with several laps to go.

    regardless, cars are all scrutinized after the event anyway, so if post-race the symptoms found in scrutineering match the ones displayed in the race, it's safe to assume there was no shortage of fuel.

    on the other hand, pulling up to subvert a written rule is not.

    if a car is deliberately (or accidentally) underfuelled in qualifying, without penalty, the gain will carry over into the race. if the same applies in the race, 2 things can happen.

    1. the team will try to manage the problem by demanding the driver adjust his fuel mixture. this is why cars very rarely pull up at the end of a race nowadays due to running out of fuel.

    2. they run out of fuel. if this happens before the race is finished, that is penalty enough for that race. if the stewards think something untoward was in effect that resulted in a car purposely running out of fuel, a post-race penalty will be applied.

    I think paragraph 4 is the crux of your whole post, because it pretty much sums up why you are pissed off.

    basically, it boils down to this, hamilton is not winning, because mclaren "SHOULD be running away" with it, and they are not. for whatever reason, they are not.

    that is the bottom line of your $#@!ing.

    as long as hamilton is not winning races, you will $#@! about it. you $#@!ed about it in 2009 when the "wack" button (as you labeled him) won the championship, you $#@!ed about it in 2010 when hamilton threw it away. you $#@!ed about it in 2011 as well as $#@!ing about how boring it was to have red bull domintating. and here you are, right now, $#@!ing about it.

    what a surprise!

    you have even accused mclaren of sabotaging hamilton to help button last season, that has got to be the most bizarre thing I have ever seen you type.

    I could go on and on ripping holes in your accusations and theories all day if I had to, but I don't need to. some things don't need a bright light shining on them that badly, the light they emit themselves is often bright enough.

    a final thing I will say though, none of the posts I have made in this thread are made with the intent of "flame-baiting". if you see it any other way, the problem is at your end, not mine. you might want to take the blinkers off once in a while and see the bigger picture.

    that's just the way it is, if you want to whine and $#@! about it some more, carry on. you can even infract me if you want, because my view is different to your own, by all means go for it, whatever makes you feel better.

    at the end of the day though, it doesn't change the fact that you are a fairweather fan who practices double standards, who complains about something when it is not to his liking, but will be more than happy with it when it is to his liking.

    PS.

    I agree about maldonado.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

  2. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
  3. #3452
    Super Carlton
    33x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW London
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,466
    Rep Power
    102
    Points
    31,915 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Surebrec View Post
    silly flame-bait comments????



    oh please!!!!

    that is an accusation I'd only expect from the most blinkered of fanboys, the ones with absolutely no grasp on reality, the same ones who will try to find excuse anywhere but in their own corner.

    your posts get more and more baffling with each one you make.

    you conveniently glossed over the fact that 2 penalties could have been handed out in bahrain, but neither was, and you only keep referencing the one that rosberg was investigated for. hamilton was equally to blame and be just as entitled to punishment for gaining a place off the track.

    there is no way of knowing whether hamilton would have received a penalty had the situation been reversed, because it didn't happen, and by plucking at straws to suggest he would have been, is an act of sheer desperation.

    as for vettel slowing up in malaysia. my recollection was for something other than running low on fuel, so your arguement on that front is flawed as well.

    "we need you to stop as we have concerns about your brakes overheating" or "we need you to stop now to conserve your engine/gearbox" is not quite in the scope of "we need you to stop, we have a serious problem, we'll explain later"

    "we'll explain later" turned out to mean "we don't have enough fuel for you to get back and supply the required amount of fuel requested in regulation 6.6.2"

    pulling up for safety concerns, or to save unnecessary damage on what could be a very expensive car component is acceptable, common sense allows it. and anyway, I don't think he did actually slow up, at least not until the last lap anyway. he completed the same number of laps as the race winner did, even though he was getting the requests to stop with several laps to go.

    regardless, cars are all scrutinized after the event anyway, so if post-race the symptoms found in scrutineering match the ones displayed in the race, it's safe to assume there was no shortage of fuel.

    on the other hand, pulling up to subvert a written rule is not.

    if a car is deliberately (or accidentally) underfuelled in qualifying, without penalty, the gain will carry over into the race. if the same applies in the race, 2 things can happen.

    1. the team will try to manage the problem by demanding the driver adjust his fuel mixture. this is why cars very rarely pull up at the end of a race nowadays due to running out of fuel.

    2. they run out of fuel. if this happens before the race is finished, that is penalty enough for that race. if the stewards think something untoward was in effect that resulted in a car purposely running out of fuel, a post-race penalty will be applied.

    I think paragraph 4 is the crux of your whole post, because it pretty much sums up why you are pissed off.

    basically, it boils down to this, hamilton is not winning, because mclaren "SHOULD be running away" with it, and they are not. for whatever reason, they are not.

    that is the bottom line of your $#@!ing.

    as long as hamilton is not winning races, you will $#@! about it. you $#@!ed about it in 2009 when the "wack" button (as you labeled him) won the championship, you $#@!ed about it in 2010 when hamilton threw it away. you $#@!ed about it in 2011 as well as $#@!ing about how boring it was to have red bull domintating. and here you are, right now, $#@!ing about it.

    what a surprise!

    you have even accused mclaren of sabotaging hamilton to help button last season, that has got to be the most bizarre thing I have ever seen you type.

    I could go on and on ripping holes in your accusations and theories all day if I had to, but I don't need to. some things don't need a bright light shining on them that badly, the light they emit themselves is often bright enough.

    a final thing I will say though, none of the posts I have made in this thread are made with the intent of "flame-baiting". if you see it any other way, the problem is at your end, not mine. you might want to take the blinkers off once in a while and see the bigger picture.

    that's just the way it is, if you want to whine and $#@! about it some more, carry on. you can even infract me if you want, because my view is different to your own, by all means go for it, whatever makes you feel better.

    at the end of the day though, it doesn't change the fact that you are a fairweather fan who practices double standards, who complains about something when it is not to his liking, but will be more than happy with it when it is to his liking.

    PS.

    I agree about maldonado.
    Lol. Ok pal

    Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

  4. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
  5. #3453
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,482
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    267,750 (888 Banked)
    T.T
    shumey starts minus 5 positions from qualifying at a track that undeniably hates Mercedes!
    not a good start to the year for either of the two drivers, Micheal more so due to the teams screw up in china.....they could've been right up there, he's had some serious bad luck. Gearbox failure in Aus, Grosjean took him out in Malaysia, China the team failed him at pits, did well in Bahrain after more bad luck forcing him to start at the back of the grid....more car failures.
    i blame the accident in spain on Senna. schumeys taking the heat for the same reason anyone else takes the heat, he was behind the other car.
    Senna clearly knew he was slow, and yet came back onto the racing line during the braking phase.....his braking phase not Micheal's! Micheal's braking point was at the 100m board. senna starts braking at 150m and the turns in just before 100m.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  6. #3454
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,482
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    267,750 (888 Banked)

    Incoming!!!!!!!!!!

    the fia want to screw with these BEAUTIFUL machines even more!

    introducing:


    sauce

    yeah, coz this will make it soo much easier to see those lowered nose cones!
    this should also increase the drivers view 10 fold, what with all those bars helpfully out of the way.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  7. #3455
    Super Elite
    Surebrec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Manchester. England
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,419
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    5,583 (0 Banked)
    I always had a feeling something like this would happen sooner or later. I just hope they don't rush into it to speed up it's "inevitability". which ever method they use, it's going to have adverse problems.

    F1 cars are going to end up looking like something out of the jetsons by the time the FIA are finished.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

  8. #3456
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,482
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    267,750 (888 Banked)
    they'll end up defeating the purpose of an 'open wheel' racer.
    engineers are gunna hate this thing. its got the aerodynamic properties of a brick, relative to the rest of the car. heck, even now, they say they hate the drivers big ass head being where it is, which is why they all sit soo low.
    i love formula 1 but i ain't gunna watch babies cribs race round for an hour and a half.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  9. #3457
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,726
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    60,666 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    6 different winners in 6 races, will there be a 7th at Canada?

    Shame for Schumacher, he said before Qualifying he would get pole and start 6th and win the race.

    And the Sky presenter got into trouble over something he said as they signed off he apologised fo it.
    Last edited by keefy; 05-27-2012 at 17:19.

  10. #3458
    Dedicated Member
    mudshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    looking for the Sky remote!
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    9,753 (0 Banked)
    I dont really enjoy the MGP that much, always too much of a precession, not enough excitement...
    PSN = prison_inmate




  11. #3459
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,102
    Rep Power
    50
    Points
    6,469 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    6 different winners in 6 races, will there be a 7th at Canada?

    Shame for Schumacher, he said before Qualifying he would get pole and start 6th and win the race.

    And the Sky presenter got into trouble over something he said as they signed off he apologised fo it.
    He made a stupid comment about how Grace Kelly knew about crashing in Monaco. Something like that.

    First time I've watched F1 on Sky, and I found him(the presenter) a bit of a knob.

  12. #3460
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,482
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    267,750 (888 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    6 different winners in 6 races, will there be a 7th at Canada?

    Shame for Schumacher, he said before Qualifying he would get pole and start 6th and win the race.

    And the Sky presenter got into trouble over something he said as they signed off he apologised fo it.
    Definitively be Schumacher in Canada. His performance last year was self earned, and he had a crap car under him. hopefully his bad luck has ended, 2 finishes out of 6! and 2 of those were from the back!

    Somewhat irked that the FIA let Vettel keep his position after the start! especially at a course like Monaco! he should've been told to give them back!

    Quote Originally Posted by LC77 View Post
    He made a stupid comment about how Grace Kelly knew about crashing in Monaco. Something like that.

    First time I've watched F1 on Sky, and I found him(the presenter) a bit of a knob.
    he said this on live TV!?
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 05-27-2012 at 17:52.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  13. #3461
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,726
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    60,666 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    So it was the Grace Kelly comment I thought it was low when he made it.

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

    And yes i always thought that presenter was a bit of a pillock.
    Last edited by keefy; 05-27-2012 at 18:38.

  14. #3462
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,482
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    267,750 (888 Banked)
    i still watch the BBC coverage.
    not planning to watch sky ever, this just reinforces that notion.
    this guys job as a presenter should come to an end for a comment as repulsive as that.

    Edit:
    whilst im bashing sky i'll also throw in that they don't get formula 1 at all! WTF is this! pin-up $#@!s! get them off the screen!
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 05-27-2012 at 19:32.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  15. #3463
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,726
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    60,666 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Anthony Davidson used to be an F1 driver, he knows his $#@!.

    Presenters win on BBC but we cannot watch them all live and I dotn like watching F1 as a recorded replay.
    Last edited by keefy; 05-27-2012 at 21:01.

  16. #3464
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,482
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    267,750 (888 Banked)
    sadly, neither do i
    i hate watching it delayed, but if its a choice between authentic representation or some tacky pinup crap, i'll take the authenticity any day.

    as to my comments about the presentation. i hate that i have to look at those two schmucks! i can hear Anthony fine. i don't need to SEE him. wtf is the chick doing there anyhows???
    more to the point, i want to see the car and the driver; this is why i tune in. i don't want to watch a screen on my screen! BBC is much more simple and get that we want to watch the cars, not some fancy GFX.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  17. #3465
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,726
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    60,666 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    sadly, neither do i
    i hate watching it delayed, but if its a choice between authentic representation or some tacky pinup crap, i'll take the authenticity any day.

    as to my comments about the presentation. i hate that i have to look at those two schmucks! i can hear Anthony fine. i don't need to SEE him. wtf is the chick doing there anyhows???
    more to the point, i want to see the car and the driver; this is why i tune in. i don't want to watch a screen on my screen! BBC is much more simple and get that we want to watch the cars, not some fancy GFX.
    I know what you mean, I was shoutng at the screen "show me full screen!" when I watched it live.
    That stuff is cool and all but is it really needed?
    when on BBC and ITV Brundle used to simply talk us through the pole position lap so we saw it all full screen.

    So glad Sky didn't
    A. Do pay per view or charge an extra subscription for it.
    B. Have adverts during the race.

  18. #3466
    Super Elite
    Surebrec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Manchester. England
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,419
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    5,583 (0 Banked)
    women in formula one, they are here to stay, you might as well get used to it. started off as a gimmick on ITV with louise goodman and beverly turner. when goodman was dropped for lee mckenzie (for no other reason than she was more appealing to the eye), the floodgates opened and tv bosses realised they were onto a good way of increasing viewing figures.

    in fact, it's only a matter of time before there is another female F1 driver on the grid. with 2 waiting in the wings in a "testing" capacity, one of which is there purely because her husband is an investor in the team. if I was a betting man, I'd be willing to put money on there being a female driver at least attempting to qualify for a grand prix within the next 3-5 years, and I'd be equally confident that she will end up bombing just as spectacularly as past female participants.

    as for female presenters, they are not there to know what they are talking about, that is what the driver (in this case davidson) is at hand for. the female anchor is there to look good and ask pre-defined questions. sure, they might acquire some knowledge while in the role, but for the most part, they are clueless.

    that is not an attack on female presenters as such, the same applies to jake humpreys' and his ilk.

    females in F1 are not just limited to broadcasting and driving either, it's happening within the teams at management level as well, both sauber and williams have discovered the benefits of having female presences in front of the camera.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

  19. #3467
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,726
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    60,666 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Louise started out in Formula 1 long before she joined ITV.

  20. #3468
    Super Elite
    Surebrec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Manchester. England
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,419
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    5,583 (0 Banked)
    yeah, she did. out of all the female journalists that have been involved in F1 in the last 20 years, her credentials far outweigh any of the others. bit because she wasn't as easy on the eye, she was let go for someone younger, with less knowledge, who also happened to be more camera friendly.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

  21. #3469
    Super Carlton
    33x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW London
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,466
    Rep Power
    102
    Points
    31,915 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/andrewben...t_mclaren.html

    Does anyone thing Lewis will leave McClaren??

    Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

  22. #3470
    Super Carlton
    33x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW London
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,466
    Rep Power
    102
    Points
    31,915 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Oh and Alonso will win the title this year, the guy is just scary!!

    Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

  23. #3471
    Super Carlton
    33x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW London
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,466
    Rep Power
    102
    Points
    31,915 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Ill also put this out there - what pastor did to perez was worse than anything lewis did last season and all he got was a 10 place pen, he also did it to lewis in spa??!?!

    what say you to that?! haha

    It's was clear to me in the tone when Lewis said "i really don't enjoy going backwards" that he was strongly implying both to McLaren and prospective employers that he is seriously contemplating his future.
    I am a big Hamilton fan and would be the first to admit that last year he contributed to his own downfall but this season he has been focused and with a quick qualifying car he has essentially earned three pole positions. The problem is points are not handed out on Saturday and Hamilton has failed to convert these poles (one was obviously stripped away quite harshly in my opinion) and as a result is beginning to fall behind Alonso and Vettel. He has had as good a chance as any of the top drivers to win and for one reason or another he has failed to do so. As EJ commented on; Lewis has been unlucky this so far this season. He has made no evident mistakes but still finds himself without a win.
    McLaren and Whitmarsh must bare the brunt of this responsibility. They labour with excuses around the Pirrelli tyres and pit stop errors instead of building on a good car and developing at an equivalent rate to their competitors.
    Hamilton does have a huge decision to make before next season. Obviously we are not privy to all the facts but McLaren have to prove they can provide Hamilton with the car and the team around him to win his first title since Ron Dennis stepped down in 2009 and thus far McLaren and Whitmarsh have failed quite spectacularly.
    I can't see Hamilton and Alonso together at Ferrari despite their mutual respect. It's Alonso's team. Mercedes seems like an extremely viable option as long as Shumacher retires again which seems quite likely. The Mercedes and Ross Brawn is quietly going about their business of developing a consistent race winning package. They have had two pole positions and seem to have unlocked the secret to success with the tyres. In addition, they have some thing McLaren don't; a strong team principal in Ross Brawn with a proven track record of delivering success.
    Lewis would surely have had at least one more title had the team had delivered as a team of McLaren status should have.
    Lewis's self confessed hero is the late great Ayrton Senna who made few mistakes but one was staying at McLaren too long. If Hamilton wants to emulate his hero and win three driver's titles he needs to be prepared to make a ruthless decision, and soon.

    Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

  24. #3472
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,482
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    267,750 (888 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    I can't see Hamilton and Alonso together at Ferrari despite their mutual respect. It's Alonso's team. Mercedes seems like an extremely viable option as long as Shumacher retires again which seems quite likely. The Mercedes and Ross Brawn is quietly going about their business of developing a consistent race winning package. They have had two pole positions and seem to have unlocked the secret to success with the tyres. In addition, they have some thing McLaren don't; a strong team principal in Ross Brawn with a proven track record of delivering success.
    Lewis would surely have had at least one more title had the team had delivered as a team of McLaren status should have.
    Lewis's self confessed hero is the late great Ayrton Senna who made few mistakes but one was staying at McLaren too long. If Hamilton wants to emulate his hero and win three driver's titles he needs to be prepared to make a ruthless decision, and soon.
    Mercedes would be a great place for Hamilton to go to. Schumacher wont just leave the team when he's done. he'll stay on and help as he did with Ferrari. This is a tremendous platform to build a team around. Micheal might not be as competitive as he once was but that doesn't mean he's forgotten what a good car should feel like. This knowledge with Hamilton's desire to go fast could possibly be a potent combination....you know, assuming he even leaves and goes to Mercedes.
    I'd disagree with the whitmarsh comments however. they almost won a couple of years ago, everyone's been living in the shadow of Red Bull the past couple of years. but this year they're clearly missing something. this isn't the team principals fault.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  25. #3473
    Elite Sage
    John25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,666
    Rep Power
    106
    Points
    3,751 (331,762 Banked)
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2012/05/3...f1-car-reveal/

    great vid of a Sauber cut in Half

  26. #3474
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,482
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    267,750 (888 Banked)


    GOOD GOD!!





    in all fairness, if the engineers are happy with them then i don't mind. woman are generally lighter then men so they'll love that....they are also shorter then men.

    chest area might cause some problems though....what with the tight cramped $#@!pit and the need to move the arms about.
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 06-08-2012 at 02:23.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  27. #3475
    Super Elite
    Surebrec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Manchester. England
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,419
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    5,583 (0 Banked)
    I've been saying it for some time now that there will be a female driver in F1 sooner rather than later, I think it will be considerably less time than 10 years

    weight is not really an issue because the weight saved by a female driver would have to be offset to meet the minimum weight requrement of the car and driver overall.

    I can't see $#@!pit size being a problem either, women are on average smaller than men, so there will be more room to play with in terms of seat fitting and protective padding around the knees. the only time a woman would struggle to fit in an F1 car, is if they have overly massive breasts, which considering breast tissue is mostly fat, and racing drivers probably have on average one of the lowest fat to body tissue ratios among athletes, the chances of it happening are practically non-existant.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.