Page 142 of 266 FirstFirst ... 132142152 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 6649
  1. #3526
    Super Carlton
    33x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW London
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,721
    Rep Power
    105
    Points
    34,728 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Mclaren are a now a $#@!ing joke. they aint even then 4th fastest car out now. How can they go so backwards so quickly. Really feel for the 2 lads, two former champions in a dog of a car.......

    Whitmarsh needs to do one.

    I think Hamilton's and average Button's chances are over, and McLaren have lost the plot. Sadly their car seems lethargic in terms of race pace, and starting performance. Couple that with the Mickey Mouse tyres and the future looks bleak. These tyres can promote slower cars and demote quick cars at the drop of a hat. - The operating band width is far too narrow for proper racing which makes the whole affair a bit of a lottery. That said it now appears that the championship will be between Red Bull and Ferrari. I have a lot of respect for Alonso as a driver, but I would like to see Webber win it this year if our own guy's don't get a look in.
    Last edited by 33x; 07-09-2012 at 13:26.

    Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

  2. #3527
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    18,198
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    66,528 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Worst font ever.

    Damn this stupid forum software.
    Last edited by keefy; 07-09-2012 at 14:14.

  3. #3528
    Super Carlton
    33x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW London
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,721
    Rep Power
    105
    Points
    34,728 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Worst font ever.

    Damn this stupid forum software.
    Thank you for your constructive reply. You aint invisible to me pal!

    Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

  4. #3529
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    18,198
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    66,528 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I couldn't read it, its all blurred.

    But now I can Mclaren have had issues all season with pitstops, Why? They used to be so good with 3.5 second tyre changes but nw they have nut problems jack problems communication problems, it really does make them look like amateurs in the pit lane.
    Last edited by keefy; 07-09-2012 at 14:17.

  5. #3530
    Super Carlton
    33x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW London
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,721
    Rep Power
    105
    Points
    34,728 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    My bad, i clicked the wrong font, should be ok now.

    Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

  6. #3531
    Elite Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,523
    Rep Power
    42
    Points
    20,701 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    But the fastest car and the best driver did win that race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    i'll agree to disagree on the Car manufacturer
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Shakes head,

    this season so far alone shows if lewis is fully focused and got all his $#@! together he is near untouchable.



    Hmmm, which one of you will now stand firmly behind your previous claim that McLaren is the fastest car and they have the best drivers?


    Once again a race leader loses the lead with less than 10 laps to go because his tyres gave up on him. Good thing the tyres aren't determining the race wins, right? That's now 5 races in a row that at least one of the top 3 drivers lost positions in the last 5 laps of the race because of the tyres.



    Just remember guys, Maldonado deserved his F1 win, because he really is a better driver than Alonso, Vettel, or Hamilton, and the Williams really is a better car than the Ferarri, RBR, and McLaren. The tyres had nothing to do with it, just like you said.

  7. #3532
    Elite Sage
    BBK..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    25
    Posts
    10,522
    Rep Power
    93
    Points
    53,287 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    CA, is starting to have a valid point. Alonso deserved to win that race but his bad strategy (should've had sorts for the middle stint) caused him the race.

    Admittedly, they all know the rules. They should manage both their stops and tyre strategy much better


    BBK. Tapatalking.

  8. #3533
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    18,198
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    66,528 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    Hmmm, which one of you will now stand firmly behind your previous claim that McLaren is the fastest car and they have the best drivers?


    Once again a race leader loses the lead with less than 10 laps to go because his tyres gave up on him. Good thing the tyres aren't determining the race wins, right? That's now 5 races in a row that at least one of the top 3 drivers lost positions in the last 5 laps of the race because of the tyres.



    Just remember guys, Maldonado deserved his F1 win, because he really is a better driver than Alonso, Vettel, or Hamilton, and the Williams really is a better car than the Ferarri, RBR, and McLaren. The tyres had nothing to do with it, just like you said.

    I certainly never said Tyres didnt have anything to do with it what I say was that "they always played an imporant part in all motorsports."

    Maldonado is fricking tool that needs his license revoked.
    Last edited by keefy; 07-09-2012 at 20:07.

  9. #3534
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,648
    Rep Power
    91
    Points
    283,367 (888 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    Hmmm, which one of you will now stand firmly behind your previous claim that McLaren is the fastest car and they have the best drivers?


    Once again a race leader loses the lead with less than 10 laps to go because his tyres gave up on him. Good thing the tyres aren't determining the race wins, right? That's now 5 races in a row that at least one of the top 3 drivers lost positions in the last 5 laps of the race because of the tyres.



    Just remember guys, Maldonado deserved his F1 win, because he really is a better driver than Alonso, Vettel, or Hamilton, and the Williams really is a better car than the Ferarri, RBR, and McLaren. The tyres had nothing to do with it, just like you said.
    How can you make that claim after one weekend.....a weekend affected by rain no less? clearly just a bad weekend for McLaren. Red bull had one earlier this year in Aus.

    "Once again?" your perspective is clearly skewed. Ferrari screwed alonso's race, and if you look at the lap times the softs were next to useless at silverstone. ferrari should have kept him out a bit longer on the hards so he could race to the end. this is a fault with the car setup.
    in those last 5 races those who finished in the top usually had better planning behind them. ie, weren't stupidly trying to make soft tyres go insane distances at insane speeds. the fact is, racing is so close now a mistake in strategy can see you fall to those behind. if it happens to be at the end then there's nothing you can do to cover.

    you're clearly so focused on the tyres you can't see fault with anything else. the Driver must ensure, through use of his skill, that he doesn't spin up the rear tyres or lock up under braking. he must set up his car to ensure he has the best chance at doing so. the Driver and the Car.

    fyi, i haven't once said that the tyres have no effect. it was boring as $#@! toward the end of Bridgestone when cars raced from start to finish in grid order... now, drivers need to look after their tyres if they hope to win and be competitive. its not all about pedal to the metal racing, the drivers skill in controlling his car is now at the forefront of racing!

    also, as much as i hate him i haven't said maldonado isn't fast. he would've been third in Valencia had he kept his head. at a type of track he likes to race around; street circuits.

    how can you not get that the pieces that determine car pace are not solely located on the bit that touches the road? these things sit idle and have no influence to the car outside its un-aerodynamical shape.

    all cars, and drivers use the exact same tyre.
    every manufacture uses their own pieces to make these things go round.
    every car has a different aerodynamic profile.

    the tyres are the same for every one. they are not a factor.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  10. #3535
    Super Elite
    Surebrec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Manchester. England
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,432
    Rep Power
    62
    Points
    5,909 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    Hmmm, which one of you will now stand firmly behind your previous claim that McLaren is the fastest car and they have the best drivers?


    Once again a race leader loses the lead with less than 10 laps to go because his tyres gave up on him. Good thing the tyres aren't determining the race wins, right? That's now 5 races in a row that at least one of the top 3 drivers lost positions in the last 5 laps of the race because of the tyres.



    Just remember guys, Maldonado deserved his F1 win, because he really is a better driver than Alonso, Vettel, or Hamilton, and the Williams really is a better car than the Ferarri, RBR, and McLaren. The tyres had nothing to do with it, just like you said.
    mclaren had the fastest car at the start of the season, an advantage they lost after the first couple of races due to a development program that was less effective than their competitors. it happens, always has and always will. a team that is dominant in the first handful of races is more often than not, not that way by the half way point of the season.

    you make it sound like drivers losing the lead because the tyres "gave up" on him is a new phenomena, it isn't. it's been happening for years. I've said it before in this thread and I'll say it again, this years tyres are no less durable than tyres in seasons gone by. it's the drop off rate that has caught teams and drivers out, this shouldn't really be an excuse as it is part of the teams pre-qualifying program to find out the likely lifespan of a set of tyres before they fall away. this is the primary reason why teams do race simulation runs with full fuel loads, to test how far the tyres can go. at all points during a race weekend, the teams know EXACTLY how many laps each set of tyres has done. the excuse with regards to silverstone is that none of the teams anticipated that the race itself would be dry, and if they knew it was going to be so, they had no real chance to test the dry weather tyres out because dry running time was limited.

    teams/drivers have no one else to blame should they lose places at the end of the race because their tyres have fallen apart in the dying laps, because they have tried to spread things too thin at some point in the race. this is what happened to alonso in canada & GB, and what happened to hamilton at valencia. they could have avoided alonso coming apart at the end by getting him to run a few laps longer during the earlier race stint.

    maldonado DID deserve his win, not because you want to try to discredit him sarcastically, but because he was fast all weekend at that particular track, and because the williams is a better car than a lot of people will wish to own up and accept the fact. add to that that despite him being a $#@! behind the wheel, he is a good driver. regardless of whether he should be banned from F1, he has practically been showing senna up all season.

    no one is even remotely suggesting he is better than alonso, vettel hamilton etc, neither claiming that the williams is better than the usual front running teams, but for that one weekend, they were. different cars adapt to different circuits better than others.

    again, no one is claiming the tyres don't play a part, they do, but they don't play as big a part as a lot of those people who are continually $#@!ing about it are claiming.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

  11. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
  12. #3536
    Elite Guru
    Kingpin326's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    PSN ID
    Kingpin326
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,932
    Rep Power
    102
    Points
    19,842 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitlePhotoShopModern Warfare 3Google ChromeUser name styleColeBattlefield 3Assassins Creed Ezio
    Anyone seen the Senna documentary on Netflix? It was amazing and very well done. What a legend.

  13. Likes Nitey likes this post
  14. #3537
    Super Carlton
    33x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW London
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,721
    Rep Power
    105
    Points
    34,728 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

  15. #3538
    Super Carlton
    33x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW London
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,721
    Rep Power
    105
    Points
    34,728 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    How can you make that claim after one weekend.....a weekend affected by rain no less? clearly just a bad weekend for McLaren. Red bull had one earlier this year in Aus.

    "Once again?" your perspective is clearly skewed. Ferrari screwed alonso's race, and if you look at the lap times the softs were next to useless at silverstone. ferrari should have kept him out a bit longer on the hards so he could race to the end. this is a fault with the car setup.
    in those last 5 races those who finished in the top usually had better planning behind them. ie, weren't stupidly trying to make soft tyres go insane distances at insane speeds. the fact is, racing is so close now a mistake in strategy can see you fall to those behind. if it happens to be at the end then there's nothing you can do to cover.

    you're clearly so focused on the tyres you can't see fault with anything else. the Driver must ensure, through use of his skill, that he doesn't spin up the rear tyres or lock up under braking. he must set up his car to ensure he has the best chance at doing so. the Driver and the Car.

    fyi, i haven't once said that the tyres have no effect. it was boring as $#@! toward the end of Bridgestone when cars raced from start to finish in grid order... now, drivers need to look after their tyres if they hope to win and be competitive. its not all about pedal to the metal racing, the drivers skill in controlling his car is now at the forefront of racing!

    also, as much as i hate him i haven't said maldonado isn't fast. he would've been third in Valencia had he kept his head. at a type of track he likes to race around; street circuits.

    how can you not get that the pieces that determine car pace are not solely located on the bit that touches the road? these things sit idle and have no influence to the car outside its un-aerodynamical shape.

    all cars, and drivers use the exact same tyre.
    every manufacture uses their own pieces to make these things go round.
    every car has a different aerodynamic profile.

    the tyres are the same for every one. they are not a factor.
    Sorry dude, but that part in bolded is bull$#@!, of course the tyres are a MAJOR factor!!! how can you say they aint?!?!?!??!?!

    I cant remember a time when drivers have to worry about there tyres 1st and car 2nd!

    Having said that, the tyres arent why McClaren are suddenly the 6th fastest team.

    And Pastor is a reckless $#@!
    Last edited by 33x; 07-10-2012 at 14:18.

    Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

  16. #3539
    Dedicated Member
    nofear01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,007
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    2,136 (0 Banked)
    Gutted. I would have loved to have seen Lewis at Red Bull........ There's always Ferrari now.

  17. #3540
    Super Carlton
    33x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW London
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,721
    Rep Power
    105
    Points
    34,728 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    No chance. Massa will end up staying or Grosjean or Kubica will get his seat.

    Mercedes or Williams imo, but he will have to stay at $#@!ty McClaren, i bet he doesnt really wanna though

    Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

  18. #3541
    Dedicated Member
    nofear01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,007
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    2,136 (0 Banked)
    He has said he has made a decision, didn't declare who though. I doubt Massa will stay with Ferrari next year. Too inconsitent.

  19. #3542
    Dedicated Member
    nofear01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,007
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    2,136 (0 Banked)
    The Lotus has really impressed me this year and they definitely have a pair of great drivers.

  20. #3543
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,673
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin326 View Post
    Anyone seen the Senna documentary on Netflix? It was amazing and very well done. What a legend.
    Got it on BluRay and it came on Sky F1 on Sunday evening. Such a great film/documentary!

  21. #3544
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,648
    Rep Power
    91
    Points
    283,367 (888 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Sorry dude, but that part in bolded is bull$#@!, of course the tyres are a MAJOR factor!!! how can you say they aint?!?!?!??!?!

    I cant remember a time when drivers have to worry about there tyres 1st and car 2nd!

    Having said that, the tyres arent why McClaren are suddenly the 6th fastest team.

    And Pastor is a reckless $#@!
    Factor? a factor of pace.....its the only thing that is equal across cars. so naturally, they aren't a factor. how the CARS use them is the MAJOR FACTOR. CA argues otherwise.

    Pirelli give the EXACT SAME tyres to every team. to say they are a factor is to say Usain Bolt is quick because of the lane he runs in...

    ps. don't confuse this as me saying tyres have no effect...
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 07-10-2012 at 22:03.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  22. Likes Surebrec likes this post
  23. #3545
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    18,198
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    66,528 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This looks scary 1 false move and in the trees plus instant death (probably)


  24. #3546
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,648
    Rep Power
    91
    Points
    283,367 (888 Banked)
    Mercedes are quite the depressing team to read up on.

    what are they doing? these guys have the dinero to throw at development but yet they're seemingly going backwards? its quite sad. one of the heads said they're "about .5 seconds behind in development" even that still leaves them lagging.

    regardless, rain on the horizon for what should be an amazing race at the front. oooo, i hope kimi gets his first win today
    Mercedes however are screwed, they've gone for optimal dry setup (low front wing to save the tyres) and it looks to be raining....derp.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  25. #3547
    Super Carlton
    33x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW London
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,721
    Rep Power
    105
    Points
    34,728 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I fear alonso is too far for lewis to catch, he would literally have to win every race from here on in, dry races please!

    Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

  26. #3548
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,648
    Rep Power
    91
    Points
    283,367 (888 Banked)
    VIRTUAL DUST!! BEGONE!!



    Only one week till the Spa-Francorchamps weekend kicks off!

    i cannot wait to see what has been happening with the teams!

    still waiting for the epic four way battles i wanted at teh start. Spa giveth me what i want
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  27. #3549
    Newbie
    Honey.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Plymouth
    PSN ID
    ConorHoney
    Age
    18
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    12 (0 Banked)
    I've always been a fan on Hamilton, but it's been a disappointing season so far. Hopefully it turns around for Spa... He starts in 7th.

  28. #3550
    Elite Sage
    BBK..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    25
    Posts
    10,522
    Rep Power
    93
    Points
    53,287 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    IT'S $#@!ING RACE DAY!!!

    Been the longest 5 weeks of my life!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.