Page 143 of 255 FirstFirst ... 133143153 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 6369
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Mercedes team prolly lock thier car up or something and never see it for interluding weeks. their lack of understanding in their own machinery is quite staggering. One stop? for the car with the highest tyre wear? with a high tyre wear setup? *facepalm*

on a more happy note BUTTON FTW!!!
    quite an exciting race. DRS wasn't too bothersome. it put cars where they needed to be. eg. Lotus vs Mercedes vs Red Bull vs Force india (great result for these guys!)

on a more sour note though. HAMILTON IS IN THE $#@!!!!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19456707

seriously, what was he thinking?
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    hamilton was a $#@!ing idiot for posting that telemetry data, any rebuke from mclaren was totally justified. if I was button, I'd be pissed because it also shows his data as well. he has no excuse for posting it, it's not like he had no idea of its importance and what it would mean to other teams if they managed to get hold of a copy.

speaking of button, another classy performance, in a league of his own. shame he can't get on top of a good setup more often, because when he manages to nail it, he's dynamite.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

3. Likes John25 likes this post
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    no Grosjean next RACE!!!!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19458954

BANNED for one round!

Button is an amazing driver. one of the few who gave schumacher a run for his money during his prime.

EDIT:
    The 26-year-old Frenchman, who has been involved in seven first-lap crashes in 12 races this season
    the hell? he's almost as bad as maldonado!
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 09-02-2012 at 18:25.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I missed the race but my dad told me that Hamilton got took out on the first corner I immediately thought Maldonado has to be involved. Although he didn't cause that accident he did jump the start for which he has been given a 5 grid place penalty.
    Last edited by keefy; 09-02-2012 at 18:29.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    No surprise to see the usual suspects on here praising JB for one race when he was in a league of one. No i wont give him no praise, he is average and needs a perfect car to drive a good race. No telling what wouldve happened if it wasnt for grosjean or if the Red Bulls or LH didnt mess up their qualiy. Where were you JB lovers when he has been doing nothing for the past 9 races?!?!? Sorry no. The man gambled on a set up and did the business ONCE. $#@! Button, the average moron.

As for LH.........you ignorant jokers seem to forget that the MAN LOST HIS AUNT TO CANCER LAST WEEK, no way he hell was in the right frame of mind. Though i cant defend some of his tweeting.......... This weekend reminded me of last season when his head was all over the place. The fact he still hasnt signed his contract neither...........

Its like reading a blog from andrew benson on here or listening to DC or the BBC on here. Like we have only ONE english driver.

and Grosjeans ban is FULLY deserved, that is the 6th time he has been involved in summit at the start, couldve killed Alonso.

Cant see past Alonso or one of the Red Bulls for the WDC though....even Kimi has a shot now!
    Last edited by 33x; 09-03-2012 at 09:56.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    i'm an MS and JB fan, neither have had a stellar year. so take any praise from me with the knowledge that im hugely biased
    but i dont think anybody was critisiing Hamilton though

in JB defense though. 2004 saw him come second to Schumacher in the WDC. (i think it was 2004) if the car can win Button will make it happen as he was in a Honda at the time.

regardless of my bias toward MS, Mercedes are doing a job that is beneath their standard. MS passed Räikkönen once. i would've kept them on the same strategy. its quite shameful for a car maker of their Caliber

on a side note though, Vettel did quite well making his tyres last. he was lapping 1sec faster then Webber and co. on his final set.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    $#@! $#@! $#@! $#@! $#@!
    you can deny it all you want, button is a much better driver than you'll ever give him credit for. he might not be the best, but he is one of the better drivers that has been in F1 in the last decade. during the belgian gp, he was faster than hamilton for most of the weekend, not taking setup choice into account.

yeah, he had a bad spell where he struggled with his setup, but all drivers do. you are just clinging to it because it is button.

as for losing an aunt, that's a piss poor attempt at trying to defend the indefensible. I lost one of my aunts about 18 months ago, the one who looked after me every day while my mum and dad worked, all the way up to starting school. I never acted that way. when you lose a loved one, the best way to honour their passing, is to conduct yourself in a respectful manner.

there is no excuse for leaking sensitive information to your opponents like he did, that was just idiocy at its highest level.

taking into account the fact that michael shumacher competed in and won the italian grand prix just a few hours after his mum died, what hamilton has had to deal with pales into insignificance.

suck it up already.

if it's like reading andrew benson's blog, or listening to dc like you claim, the problem probably lies with you more than them, or anyone else, as they are both highly capable individuals in their fields of expertise.

if it's trying to make it seem like there is only one english driver in F1, I think you do more than an adequate job of that. your mantra is clearly "it's lewis hamilton and $#@! everyone else"

9. Likes John25 likes this post
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Surebrec View Post
    you can deny it all you want, button is a much better driver than you'll ever give him credit for. he might not be the best, but he is one of the better drivers that has been in F1 in the last decade. during the belgian gp, he was faster than hamilton for most of the weekend, not taking setup choice into account.

yeah, he had a bad spell where he struggled with his setup, but all drivers do. you are just clinging to it because it is button.

as for losing an aunt, that's a piss poor attempt at trying to defend the indefensible. I lost one of my aunts about 18 months ago, the one who looked after me every day while my mum and dad worked, all the way up to starting school. I never acted that way. when you lose a loved one, the best way to honour their passing, is to conduct yourself in a respectful manner.

there is no excuse for leaking sensitive information to your opponents like he did, that was just idiocy at its highest level.

taking into account the fact that michael shumacher competed in and won the italian grand prix just a few hours after his mum died, what hamilton has had to deal with pales into insignificance.

suck it up already.

if it's like reading andrew benson's blog, or listening to dc like you claim, the problem probably lies with you more than them, or anyone else, as they are both highly capable individuals in their fields of expertise.

if it's trying to make it seem like there is only one english driver in F1, I think you do more than an adequate job of that. your mantra is clearly "it's lewis hamilton and $#@! everyone else"
    Button is a good, NOT GREAT driver. He has to have a PERFECT car or everyone crash out in order to have a good race Thats all i will say. He a had a good weekend, lets see if he carry on for the next 8 races

As for Lewis, i can fully see he has a mental issue that will cause him to never win a WDC ever again. I guess your tougher than dealing with death than some people!

i can fully appreciate a great or talented driver when i see one, i used to HATE Alonso with a passion, but his quality as made mellow towards him sooooooooooo much. Even Vettel who i didnt rate after 2 WDC's i can see that he is indeed a stellar driver!

I love Lewis, but im not blind to his faults or that their are 20 summit other drivers on the grid.
    Last edited by 33x; 09-03-2012 at 11:18.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19464178

the FIA can $#@! off! i ain't watching that crap! defeats the purpose of an open wheel racer! mountains out of mole hills!

F1 drivers should be aware of the inherent risk involved. perhaps we should lower the speed limit also. whilst we're at it, we should have Unmanned F1 cars. how awesome would that be! that way no F1 driver would ever get hurt! how about the mechanics you say? screw those guys, just have the cars race from start to finish without the need for the pits!

honestly! the level of coddling in F1 is unFUCKINGbelievable!!!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Supreme Veteran
    Sorry but driver safety is more improtant than your entertainment.

Button won on the pole position wihtout anyone crashing out.
    Last edited by keefy; 09-04-2012 at 02:54.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Sorry but driver safety is more improtant than your entertainment.

Button won on the pole position wihtout anyone crashing out.
    so where do we draw the line with open wheel racing?

im all for driver safety, i dont think i alluded otherwise in my rant, but FIA seriously do my head in.

Massa is the only person i can think of who's had a SPECIFIC head incident. truth be told, all their "tests" still wont protect drives from bits of debris unless they're cocooned in pillows or not driving at all...i posted what it looked like a while back; some ugly muther which blocks driver view and wont stop debris in the slightest. so what's the point? needlessly trying to justify an investment?

its an unneeded safety device.

HANS + Improved Helmet design should be where they improve. not demolish the history of F1.

as for my "entertainment" i simply stated(ranted) my disinterest in this "new" formula.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    somehow, I don't think improved HANS devices and better helmet construction are going to stop a car + driver weighing 620kg, going at speed from causing severe head injury, even possible fatality in the freak circumstance of either head on, or top of the head contact.

the incident at the start of the belgian GP has probably done more to get the ball rolling than anything in terms of head protection increased as part of open $#@!pit design.

whichever way you look at it, alonso was damn lucky on sunday, had the chain of events been even slightly different, at best, his career would have been over, and at worst, well, it doesn't bear thinking about.

I'm not so much against them introducing it, but if they do, I want an elegant solution (which I can't fathom how they will) to the problem, one that doesn't interfere with the drivers view.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    i don't know what they're called on the car. but suaber have them. either side of the drivers head, there's a little built up area.

compare that to ferrari where the same area is smaller and the driver is higher up

these types of safety measures should be looked at first before turning F1 into this:

presumably, 620kg will pass through just about anything they attempt to put up. it could potentially turn the "safety" device into a prison in the event of a crash (with the extreme confines of modern F1)
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

PSU Editorial Assistant
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso
    Items User name styleManchester UnitedPlayStation
    I'm surprised Grosjean has been banned after one incident when Maldonado has purposely rammed Hamilton and Perez off the track earlier in the season and got nothing. I think the race ban for Grosjean is deserved but I think Maldonado is more dangerous overall.

Elite Sage
    Lewis Hamilton to move to Mercedes? That'll make an interesting next season. Who will replace him?

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    I'd be thinking one of the force india drivers, or kobayashi, with the other going to ferrari as massa's replacement (if the rumours of perez not wanting the move are correct)

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19489930

i cant see it. mercedes are a huge name, but dont have a good car and have an uncertain future..

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    but lewis's behavioir is very odd, mclaren cant give him what he wants in terms of money and he seemed to be burning his bridges this weekend..........

Go to ferrari son!

Elite Member
    Lewis hamilton is not what he seems latley, hidden behavioir ect is it because hes not winning races!! or is he stuck on terms wether to move teams or not!! well he cant move to redbull, i think massa will get the boot an renault lotus may have a seat if kimi moves an dont renew. im not sure where grosjean stands between lewis an renault after the crash!! so many questions to answer.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Mercedes are still developing.

it all comes down to who brings in more money. i don't think a single championship can compare to seven. especially when the car and driver are both German, and lewis has struggled the last couple of years.

if lewis is given a seat at Mercedes its most likely due to Michael giving it up to work full time behind the scenes.
    i have a theory on Mercedes. i'll wait till Singapore to see if its true

Eddie is talking crap. no doubt Lewis' management will be looking around. prolly entering negotiations for when the seat is finally relinquished by Michael. i'd imagine that Mercedes will be very competitive when Michael announces his second retirement. at which point drivers will be queuing up. better to get ahead now.

Martin Whitmarsh has also said that they are close to re-signing Lewis.
    who you gunna believe. the actual team principal, or a pundit?
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    its just a bargining tool, as much as i wanna see lewis leave, he wont, not to an inferior team anyway. Lewis is badly advised, poorly managed and cant hide his emotions. Plus i dont think he likes not being as popular as he was in HIS team due to JB, who is a nice boring guy, good, but not great racer. Lewis, on the track hasnt put a foot wrong this season, but its his off the track $#@! which is cause for concern.

What i struggle to understand is why he is hated by his own people, i mean the british media/public? Just cos he is young, good at what he does, $#@!y, speaks his mind, has a superstar gf doesnt make him a $#@!. I fully admit is he poorly managed and has bouts of immaturity and should go back to his dad, but give the guy a $#@!ing break. Im tipping the mclarens on the podium this weekend with a red bull.

Supreme Veteran
    About an hour to go until it starts All Mclaren front row.

I want to punch the Sky presenter in the face.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    About an hour to go until it starts All Mclaren front row.

I want to punch the Sky presenter in the face.
    you still watch Sky?

we still get live BBC coverage in the pacific. minus the 10 pre-shows they don't film of course.
    does the BBC broadcast live in the UK? they do in the pacific...
    DC, Eddie and Jake

Strategy will decide this race! its gunna be tense!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Supreme Veteran
    BBC covereage is only highlights for this race.

What a pile of $#@! the Sky live stream is ont heir website, this is "HIGH" quality stream

Last edited by keefy; 09-09-2012 at 13:13.

Supreme Veteran
    What a drive by Perez, he was on fire.

Last edited by keefy; 09-09-2012 at 14:39.

Thread Information