Page 144 of 247 FirstFirst ... 134144154 ... LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 6173
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Sky kinda got some sorta raw ass deal then
    i just watched BBC coverage live. no pre show though because they haven't filmed, but still

i really enjoyed that race! so many strategies in the top 10
    dominant win by Hamilton! Sauber clearly understood (or had better choice of) the strategy.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    How the heck do you get BBC coverage live outside UK yet UK viewers can't see it on any BBC channel until 17:35 tonight and then its only highlights?

What do I pay the licence fee for?

I was routing for Perez kind of wanted him to catch Lewis and challenge for the lead.
    Last edited by keefy; 09-09-2012 at 14:49.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    they didn't show it live in the uk because the bbc didn't get the rights to broadcast every race live in the uk. the do hold the rights to show every race in countries that don't have their own broadcast.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Surebrec View Post
    they didn't show it live in the uk because the bbc didn't get the rights to broadcast every race live in the uk. the do hold the rights to show every race in countries that don't have their own broadcast.
    which is awesome for me coz im not in the UK right now

flip-side: 2 o'clock in the morning
    ah well, can't have it both ways i guess...

personally i blame Sky, BBC had to renew the contract aswell as getting the Olympics. F1 kinda takes a back seat to that i guess. Sky came along and picked up the rights during BBC's darkest hour T.T i REALLY hate Sky's presentation! and their presenter line up!

Mercedes did an ok job i guess. they understood the car well, as attested by both drivers positions. it'll be a shame if micheal isn't given his seat next year. China is the only time Nico has been dominant. Micheal has been alot better than him this year, his car however wasn't up for it...
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Supreme Veteran
    I just don't like the presenters on Sky they are mostly $#@!.
    The experts and commentators are mostly great (Brundle, Davidson, Kravitz, Crofty) except Damon Hill he seems out of his depth I think hardly knows what to say when he gets put on the spot and when he does he is boring.

The race control is pretty good but it just takes too long to activate (about 5-10 second) which is why I tried to watch the race on my computer today for the first time but the stream was just too low quality it is barely DVD quality as you can see by the screen I took.
    If the race control was instant I ould use it because it does offer some great info.

P.S
    I have stayed up till 4am to watch F1 int he past.
    Last edited by keefy; 09-09-2012 at 16:44.

6. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Love the sky coverage, its what i pay for, only people who hate are people who dont have sky!!!

cant believe kimi is still in contention having not won a race!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Yeah Kimi being up there is only a good thing. Shows how consitent that Renault car has been

Sky coverage is crap man. We pay for it and compared to BBC it's crap. Watchable, but crap

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    only reason why I watch sky over bbc's live coverage is that they have brundle. all the other bells & whistles, fancy gadgets, I couldn't give a flying $#@! about.

10. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    P.S
    I have stayed up till 4am to watch F1 int he past.
    you and me both

Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Love the sky coverage, its what i pay for, only people who hate are people who dont have sky!!!

cant believe kimi is still in contention having not won a race!
    i have sky (im out of country atm so free monies for them) and i still prefer the BBC coverage. Sky's presentation is really tacky imo, just like sky news

Lotus are really consistent but seem unable to go further, there's always someone else who has a "perfect" weekend. however, alonso is the only other guy to have more podiums than Kimi, and Mclaren are the only other team to have more podiums than Lotus.
    im sure Kimi will win a race this year. prolly be in Singapore, its similar to Valencia and they were quite strong there.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    I think Skys coverage really pisses all over BBC, the only good thing BBC have now is Jake!

The only challengers now are Lewis, Kimi & Seb. I was shocked how the fast the Ferrari was tbh, was a little gutted to still him score points! Dont really see him having anymore DNF's.............his to lose really.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Btw, was i the only one who noticed Big Ron distancing himself and the board from MW contract discussion with Lewis. Ron distancing himself from LH by saying wins are what he is after (not WDC/WCC?), yet adding trophies are a negotiable point.

MWs words and actions. He stated twittergate was finished, yet he cuddles JB and isolates LH in the photo, a clear choice. Its been clear for ages that MW prefers JB over LH. Just saying.

LH didnt seem as happy with his win and pole?

I dont think he will leave, but things aint rosy in his house atm, only has himself to blame tbh. Your a F1 racer, not a frigging hip-hop star.

Supreme Veteran
    Please stop using abreviations that are not common knowledge. Who or what is MW?
    Last edited by keefy; 09-10-2012 at 09:55.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Please stop using abreviations that are not common knowledge. Who or what is MW?
    Hi mr invisible, it aint hard to figure out, its the initals of a driver or in this case Martin Whitmarsh.

Apologies!

Forum Sage
    I thought it was quite obvious who you were referring too. I really don't want to see Lewis leave for, due to the lack of a better term, a lesser team like Mercedes. He just needs to focus on driving and he can win. When he has a good day Lewis is up there with the greats and from a viewer perspective, he is a joy to watch.

If he really is considering leaving i think it's just a case of thinking that the grass is greener on the other side. Mclaren has done a lot for Hamilton, if he throws that back in their face because he is having a tantrum he may live to regret that. Now if it was Red Bull or Ferrari calling out i can understand, but Mercedes?

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Dont think he will leave, but i do honestly think he is feeling unloved and not supported enough. Some of this is his own doing, but some of it isnt.

a word on perez, lighter fuel load on faster tyres.......still some great overtaking though, he would be silly to move to ferrari next year only to end up as alonso's $#@!!

18. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Yeah but as you said, most of that is his own fault. Personally, i blame Scherzingerwingerbinger and his silly new American accent he has. He needs to get his head back in the game and starting thinking and behaving like an F1 driver. Whitmarsh had a point when he made that sly dig by saying Button is one of the more mature drivers in the sport. Hamilton needs to grow up.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    if he would just ditch all the flakes that have latched onto him in the past few years, he would be churning out better performances more often. don't blame it on mclaren, don't blame it on whitmarsh, don't blame it on button, blame it on the rap stars trying to be F1 people and vice versa.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Yeah but as you said, most of that is his own fault. Personally, i blame Scherzingerwingerbinger and his silly new American accent he has. He needs to get his head back in the game and starting thinking and behaving like an F1 driver. Whitmarsh had a point when he made that sly dig by saying Button is one of the more mature drivers in the sport. Hamilton needs to grow up.
    u noticed that too? MW, wasnt complimentary at all about LH this weekend, kept making sly digs and mentioning JB any time he could, that team photo said a lot to me imo, but again......................as much as it pains me, some of it is his own doing.

Still cant see past Nando though, not when he has massa to gift him points

I saw this on the bbc forum, made me laugh - Well Lewis, they have accused you of Aggression, Stupidity, Too Selfish, Arrogant, Whinging, living in Monaco; to avoid tax (like your the only Ex-pat there), too black, Not committed enough. What next? What about selling drugs in the paddocks? or trying to nick some F1 tyres late at night? You know what us blacks are like or maybe some cops might nick you for speeding on the circuit Good luck LH.

22. Likes BBK.. likes this post
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Quote Originally Posted by Surebrec View Post
    if he would just ditch all the flakes that have latched onto him in the past few years, he would be churning out better performances more often. don't blame it on mclaren, don't blame it on whitmarsh, don't blame it on button, blame it on the rap stars trying to be F1 people and vice versa.
    Dude, you have seen me say he has brought most of this on himself, i hate the way he carrys himself now!

Supreme Veteran
    Who is "they" the BBC forum says so? And where are these posts?

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Who is "they" the BBC forum says so? And where are these posts?
    I'm thinking the old 606 forums which were shut down long ago, and if I'm right, it's not worth dredging up. I used to read through those forums after every race and they were a $#@!ing joke, completely laughable. just a lot of hearsay bull$#@! flinging both ways between uninformed hamilton fanboys & uninformed alonso fanboys.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce

i haven't seen much of sky's presentation (as i prefer BBC) but from the little i have seen they are really boring.

BBC are lucky in that DC has raced with the guys on the grid, and Eddie has bossed some of them. they have a much better relationship with the drivers and teams, and it shows
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce

F1 2012 Demo: Impressions?

anyone downloaded and given this a spin?

personally, the demo seemed lacking.

cars are a pain to handle, a steering wheel is a must, which is a shame. the slightest twitch of the analogue stick causes the car to veer not cool for the way i drive.

also (this could just be my controller) the triggers are far too loose to accurately control tyre spin (or engine power). this, coupled with my aforementioned inability to place my car precisely, caused a lot of frustration.

one more thing, even with all the assists turned off, the game went out of its way to control my car; resetting and slowing it down off track etc. maybe because its just demo...
    hopefully the full game is better. i hope im not getting burned when i purchase this

final words: i was slow as hell through the lesmos! the hell am i doing wrong? i still got pole with a "balanced" set-up though. against the "legend" A.I....i thinks the AI con what the game can do
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Re the new game, yes, the demo for me, even with the assist turned off, the car seemed to like driving on ice and twicthing all over the palce! imma still get it though as imma huge fan!

Now - Firstly; I would like to pay my respects to the late great Professor Sid Watkins who contributed so much to the sport and safety of F1. Without his intervention God knows how many other drivers we would have lost. R.I.P.

Secondly, Hamilton's predicament. It appears from recent events and news that Lewis’s relationship with McLaren appears to be dwindling. I believe there is more to the ‘tweetgate’ situation than meets the eyes. I also believe McLaren made a decision to favour Jenson despite publically stating both drivers are to be treated equally. I dont get why? Finally, I believe Lewis has become frustrated with McLaren and in particular Whitmarsh who should bear the blame for the operational errors which have cost him 40 points this season. Obviously in a world where true loyalty exists this could be overlooked with the ‘rough with the smooth’ philosophy, however, it appears things arte going on behind the scenes that the media and the viewers are not privy to and I believe that unless McLaren extend the ‘hand of peace’ to Lewis, he will leave.

Money will be a factor but I truly believe that Lewis’s primary motivation is to be in a team that wins. He wants to be in a scenario where he is valued and treated as the number one driver and it appears that he won’t get this status at McLaren. If he moves to Mercedes he will have to do what some of the great champions (Schumacher and Alonso) have done and that is to build a car and a team around them and once this reaches fruition he will be in a position to win.

This represents a much harder challenge than Lewis has faced in his F1 career so far and considering the crossroads he is currently at I believe he must decide whether he is willing to sacrifice a title charge next season to build the Mercedes around him and go on the assault in 2014.

Personally, i think he doesnt wanna stay at McClaren anymore due to some of t
    he above, but knows his only option is team that isnt a top team yet.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    mclaren have never done team orders, they didn't do it with senna & prost, they didn't do it with hakkinen and coulthard (contrary to what the latter may say) they didn't do it with alonso & hamilton when hamilton was in the ascendency and they didn't do it with button and hamilton last year when button was way ahead of him. they are the only team with the exception of williams that don't do team orders. there is no reason to assume they will do so this year because the roles are reversed. the only time mclaren have ever applied team orders, is when it is mathmatically, or practically impossible for the other driver to win the championship.

and as for the usual favouritism accusation that only ever seems to come from you (surprise surprise)

Thread Information