Page 145 of 263 FirstFirst ... 135145155 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 6562
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Jesus, there is no pleasing you is there. I type a (imo quality) normal post, you pick apart ONE THING and you still wanna take pot shots at me?! Give it a rest pal.

Im sure im not the only one who think McClaren favour JB as much as possible, even F1 journos think so to due to his easy going nature.........

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Jesus, there is no pleasing you is there. I type a (imo quality) normal post, you pick apart ONE THING and you still wanna take pot shots at me?! Give it a rest pal.

Im sure im not the only one who think McClaren favour JB as much as possible, even F1 journos think so to due to his easy going nature.........
    look on the bright side, I only picked you apart on one point, that's a big improvement. and in case you forget, these are discussion forums. if you have the right to post something I don't agree with, it is within my rights to post a rebuttal.

accept it and move on, because I am going to keep doing it.

as for the journalists making these claims, I have yet to see any such evidence. the only people I have seen make these comments, are the jake humphrey types who don't have a working knowledge of the history of the sport.

for the record, I don't think it has anything to do with mclaren, whitmarsh OR button that hamilton finds himself where he is mentally and if you claim otherwise, you are contradicting a post you made not long ago. the issue is that he has lost his way, partly because he has allowed himself to be surrounded by flakes, and the fact that things between himself and his own dad are not as close as they were on a professional level.

at the end of the day, even hamilton doesn't know what hamilton wants.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Surebrec View Post
    look on the bright side, I only picked you apart on one point, that's a big improvement. and in case you forget, these are discussion forums. if you have the right to post something I don't agree with, it is within my rights to post a rebuttal.

accept it and move on, because I am going to keep doing it.

as for the journalists making these claims, I have yet to see any such evidence. the only people I have seen make these comments, are the jake humphrey types who don't have a working knowledge of the history of the sport.

for the record, I don't think it has anything to do with mclaren, whitmarsh OR button that hamilton finds himself where he is mentally and if you claim otherwise, you are contradicting a post you made not long ago. the issue is that he has lost his way, partly because he has allowed himself to be surrounded by flakes, and the fact that things between himself and his own dad are not as close as they were on a professional level.

at the end of the day, even hamilton doesn't know what hamilton wants.
    Ok pal, carrying on "harassing" me then! Its cool! lol

Andrew Benson for one says it an awful lot. And yes Lewis is in this position due to his own fault and poor choice of management. I dont dispute that. He is now damned either way!

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Im actually curious Sub, who do YOU really rate within F1 and why?

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Ok pal, carrying on "harassing" me then! Its cool! lol

Andrew Benson for one says it an awful lot. And yes Lewis is in this position due to his own fault and poor choice of management. I dont dispute that. He is now damned either way!
    see there you go again with your sensationalistic tendency to overhype a situation, you see it as harrassing, I see it as offering a rebuttal to something I disagree with.

the only comments I have seen of andrew benson's that he has stated any animosity between driver and team was after hamilton publicly shared sensitive tech data. if he things he has been pushed out at mclaren for that, he would have been in for a huge wake up call in other teams.

in what capacity? drivers? team personel? commentators?
    Last edited by Surebrec; 09-17-2012 at 16:31.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    You guys should race it out on the F1 game.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19635534

T.T please don't let Jake be replaced by some tool like sky has! please please please!!

The 33-year-old, best known for hosting the BBC's Formula 1 coverage, will anchor the new channel's live football coverage from next season which includes 38 live games a season over three years.
    He will continue to present the BBC's F1 coverage for the remainder of the current season.
    wonder who its gunna be though? Jeremy Clarkson!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19635534

T.T please don't let Jake be replaced by some tool like sky has! please please please!!

wonder who its gunna be though? Jeremy Clarkson!
    never really took to jake humphrey to be honest, he is cut from the same cloth as sky's anchor. neither of them have a real clue about the sport.

Supreme Veteran
    Jake, Coulthard and Eddy are great together they have a nice chemistry and warmth feels like they have been mates forever and are your mate too.

The presenters don't need to go into great detail its why there are ex-drivers and commentators on hand.
    It hink Simon Lazenby (Sky) would be way out of his depth presenting anything.

At least JAke doesn't make poor taste comments about Grace Kelly.

Last edited by keefy; 09-20-2012 at 01:05.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Quote Originally Posted by Surebrec View Post
    see there you go again with your sensationalistic tendency to overhype a situation, you see it as harrassing, I see it as offering a rebuttal to something I disagree with.

the only comments I have seen of andrew benson's that he has stated any animosity between driver and team was after hamilton publicly shared sensitive tech data. if he things he has been pushed out at mclaren for that, he would have been in for a huge wake up call in other teams.

in what capacity? drivers? team personel? commentators?
    Drivers.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    there are different factors to take into account when grading drivers. my personal opinion would be:

if you are talking about raw pace:

1 or 2. hamilton, when his head is in the game, I don't think there is another driver on the grid that can match him. the problem is that it hasn't happened all that often recently.

2 or 1. alonso (dependant on hamilton's mindest), the closest of the rest.

3. perez, fast, talented and has turned out some strong performances in a second tier car since his entry into F1. in a couple of years, he might even rank above hamilton and alonso in my estimation.

4. vettel, close between him and perez, but I chose vettel for 4th because I believe the car and team mate have flattered him in the last 2 seasons.

5. raikkonen, not as fast or as motivated as he used to be, but still an entity to be worried about. at mclaren he was devastating, at ferrari not so much so, dury is still out at lotus.

if you are talking about mental strength:

1 or 5. hamilton (depending on where his head is), again when his head is where it should be, I think he's unrivalled, problem is, he loses it too easily and is equally as easily distracted. tends to blame everyone and anyone but himself when things go wrong. prone to doing stupid things when he should be focused.

2 or 1. schumacher, no explanation needed.

3 or 2. raikkonen, shrugs off all outisde events and adopts a "couldn't give a $#@!" attitude.

4 or 3. alonso, would be higher up if it weren't for the fact that he throws his rattle out of the pram when things aren't going his way.

4 or 5, vettel, a watered down version of schumacher.

if you are talking about intelligence:

1. alonso, it's been his forté this season, in an inferior car, he's got a substantial lead, primarly due to being fast, and knowing when to, and when not to take the risks. also when decisions are made, they have always been the right ones.

2. schumacher, been in the game too long to not be on this list, he's been there and done that, there's not a trick, stunt or tactic he doesn't know about.

3. button, knows there is more to winning and turning out good perfomances than just speed.

4. vettel, solid performer.

5. rosberg, crafty driver, used his intelligence to defend a situation more than a few times in the past, sometimes too much so.

if you are talking about fitness.

1. button, added to his training that come with the job, he competes in cycle events & triathlon events in his time away from the sport, I don't think there are many drivers (if any at all) that could compete with him in terms of fitness.

2. alonso, cycles, swims and runs outside F1, skis & cycles a lot during the off season, closest to button in terms of fitness, but still off.

3. rosberg, another driver who does cycling outside the sport, to my knowledge he does not compete in triathlon or other endurance events and that is why he is not higher.

4. hamilton, cycles & runs couple of times a week outside his usual training routine.

5. schumacher, probably trains just as hard now, if not moreso than he did when he first entered F1. due to his age, I only put him 5th.

all F1 drivers are fit, but not all drivers participate in competitive circles outside F1.

if you are talking about team player.

1. perez, he lives, breathes eats and sleeps sauber, allegedly turned down a nailed on seat with ferrari next season to stay with his current team, if this is true, it's loyalty that possibly hasn't been seen in F1 since stirling moss. an F1 teams dream driver.

2. button, always doing what is asked of him by the team, does more promo events for his team than most drivers in F1, never paints his team in a bad light.

3. schumacher, came out of retirement to help the F1 venture of the company who supported him in his early pre-F1 career.

4. vettel, loyal to his team as long as his team are loyal to him.

5. alonso, only really a team player when things are going his way and he's not under pressure.

if you are talking best current all round driver:

1, alonso

2, hamilton

3, vettel

4, schumacher

5, button

does that answer your question?
    Last edited by Surebrec; 09-21-2012 at 02:24.

12. Likes 33x , Fijiandoce likes this post
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    the race today will be a straight shot between Vettel and Hamilton....unless maldonado decides he's driving a battering ram again -.-

back to slamming on my team!
    Mercedes are the last team to develop their cars rear end. how rich are they again?
    at what point did they think their previous system was still effective? McLaren practically built a new car half way through the season, the fudge were Mercedes doing?
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Elite Sage

C'mon Hammy!!

edit: Unlucky Hammy
    Last edited by BBK..; 09-23-2012 at 14:51.

Supreme Veteran
    Di-Resta got 4th which is his best ever.

Last edited by keefy; 09-23-2012 at 16:35.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Schumey has a 10 place grid penalty.

safe to say with Mercedes' current form that schumey is starting from the back of the grid
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19755236

makes me think this deal has been signed for some time, and mclaren were the last to know about it. mclaren have been the best team on the grid for the last 4-5 races, and had I been hamilton, I would have signed a new contract on that basis alone. perez in as his replacement as well would explain why he refused the ferrari offer.

I don't think he's switched teams for any other reason than for the #1 status. it'll be a disaster if he fails to put rosberg to rest early on.

mclaren will do alright out of it, they might have lost hamilton, but they managed to get the next big thing as his replacement. if I were a betting man, I'd put some money down on perez winning the title next season.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Wow, so Lewis is really going to Mercedes.

All the big drivers have moved teams and won, so why cant he.

i will really wanna hear why he has switched teams. IT ISNT FOR THE MONEY

As for Perez.......remains to be seen how good he can be and he can set up his car and bring input as well as being fast........

Lol, EDDIE JORDAN WAS RIGHT!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    he switched because merc sold him a promise, that they would aim to deliver for 2014. on top of that, the offer for undisputed #1 and the prospect of having a team built exclusively around him was the icing on the cake.

it may well pay off, but it could also be the biggest $#@! up F1 has seen in recent years. the building blocks for 2014 should be in place by now, most teams think at least 2 seasons down the line in terms of where they think they should be. if mercedes are nowhere in terms of pace in the first handful of races of 2013, I'd be worried if I was lewis.

the first hurdle is how he deals with rosberg. he might have #1 status, but that won't mean anything if it becomes apparent that rosberg is just as fast, if not faster.

rosberg must be $#@!ing stinging right about now, I wouldn't be surprised if he knew as much about this as mclaren did. I wouldn't want to be him waking up to today's newspapers.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    I just cant fathom why he would leave on the promise to a team that aint nowhere near McClaren right now.

Wow, that was quick, Sergio Perez already confirmed as mclarens new driver

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    ross brawn knows the patter. he has past form with schumacher at benetton & ferrari. had it been any other team boss, he would have more than likely turned it down.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    And now Mclaren have confirmed the the whole thing too..... Even though Eddie Jordan broke this, im still shocked.....Mercedes......and he still has to drive for McClaren for the next 5/6 races......

Inst Perez a young ferrai graduate, im shocked if ferrai aint retained some sort of rope to him!

$#@!, this cant of come outta nowhere otherwise McClaren wouldve of been able to get Perex so quick.

how does Lewis drive for McClaren now? Do they now give him nothing as he is still in a slim chance of winning a title, as i wanna make this clear, mclaren did NOT wanna lose him as much they will try and put a brave face on it. They were sure he was staying, so what happened the past few days..........?
    Last edited by 33x; 09-28-2012 at 10:31.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    they won't sabotage his title aspirations, and they still won't call team orders, but he will be excluded from the inner workings of the team. he'll no longer be privy to sensitive info, nor will he be able to see the telemetry of button. also, if there are any new significant upgrades coming, which is very unlikely at this time of the season, button will probably get them first.

it's nothing personal against hamilton, it's just the way F1 is. it's a highly secretive industry, the exiting driver will not be given access to mechanical/aerodynamic info that he could take to his new team.

as for losing hamilton, of course they didn't want to lose him, and as I said, I think this deal was done some time ago without their knowledge. having said that, I believe mclaren were getting suspicious at least 2-3 races ago, and were putting their own contingency plan together for the worst case scenario.

I wouldn't be surprised if they offered perez a deal before they knew hamilton had jumped ship. as much as mclaren didn't want to lose him, they had to have been in the advanced stages of a "what if" plan that included announcing his successor as quickly as possible.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Lets make an objective assessment of his move, shall we?
    First, they reduced his money, and increased his commitments concerning his corporate duties re the sponsors. Plus he has very little rights concerning his own personal image rights. That, in anyones book, looks like a bad deal - you are being asked to do more for less. Put to one side the amounts of money involved - F1 is in a rareified atmosphere and you have to consider his salary in comparison with all the other drivers, and in any case, Alonso is getting 20 million, and the 2 drivers are arguably as good as each other but in different ways.
    The team hasn't been performing well, not just this year, but since Ron Dennis left. They have always been playing catch up, and it''s always too late. Hamilton has lost 40 points this season alone through the fault of the team alone. He could and should be right up there, and the fact that they aren't must rest ultimately with Whitmarsh.
    The fact that they have the best car now is absolutely immaterial. It's the best now, that's no guarantee of next years performance. It's the same for Mercedes.
    As to him showing no loyallty. Well it's true McLaren have nurtured him since he was 13. On the other hand, he's shown them loyalty and given his all since he was 13. In return, they must have brought in far more in sponsorship thn they've paid to him, so they've more than got there moneys worth out of him. I don't class it as disloyalty on his part at all. It's been good business on McLarens part, actually.
    So I think he's right to leave. Weighing everything up, Whitmarsh hasn't produced the results. I don't think they ever will under his stewardship, they certainly son't show any signs of doing so. Lewis needs a change of scenery. He's taking a MASSIVE gamble but you have to do such such things every now and again and put yourself outside your comfort zone.
    Basically, he's outgrown McLaren, and he needs to leave. I wish him all the best.

As for JB, MW has finally got what he wanted! I think Perez will show up JB next season!

Its gonna be so awkward now for the next few races, wil LH put his all into it, will JB still help him win the title, will LH just tail off now, cant wait till Suzuka!
    Last edited by 33x; 09-28-2012 at 16:02.

Elite Member
    Shocked at hami's move but he says he wants to win championships, maybe he could of been a 2 time champion with Mclaren if kimi didnt win in 07 on hamilton's debut! but will Mercedes be a winning car next season? i think its not even the forth fastest car atm so how will they (Mercedes) progress next season!!

Mclaren picking Perez could be well of a good choice i think Perez will be a beast in the Mclaren next season that's if they have no issue's with pace or problems.

As for Massa i think he will be kicked out by ferrari, hes not doing all that well for the team an not giving the points they need because Alonso is doing all that an i think Paul DR could be his replacement if anything!

Elite Sage

I'm kind of gutted that Hami has left Mclaren but with all the blunders they've been having recently, can you blame him? But, with no disrespect to Mercedes, why did he go to them? He surely could've wiggled his way into Ferrari and got Massa kicked out.

Thread Information