Latest PSU headlines:

Page 148 of 238 FirstFirst ... 138148158 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 5939
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    i still cant believe how well my boy has drove this season, best he ever has done and is only gonna finish 3rd or 4th
    he's going to have his work cut out for him next season, the Mercedes will push him to the limit. hopefully, he can drag that team into a championship contender and win another title.

things looking good for brazil though

he seems to have the momentum going into this, possibly his last win for a while
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Forum Sage

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I am a Hamilton fan but this weekend is all about Alonso for me.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    he's going to have his work cut out for him next season, the Mercedes will push him to the limit. hopefully, he can drag that team into a championship contender and win another title.

things looking good for brazil though

he seems to have the momentum going into this, possibly his last win for a while
    I wouldn't be surprised if he's having serious regrets about making the switch now, looking at where mercedes are compared to where they were early in the season.

I know I'd prefer to be looking at mercedes from within mclaren than vice-versa for next season. my belief is that mercedes will be a borderline top 10 team at the start of 2013, and he'll be sat in his car by the end of the first race thinking to himself "wtf have I done???"

I can't see them delivering on their promise of giving him a title challenging car for 2014 mercedes don't have the design talents that red bull & mclaren do.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

PSU Editorial Assistant
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso
    Items User name styleManchester UnitedPlayStation
    I wrote something about Hamilton on my blog. Check it out. Any comments are appreciated.

5. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Quote Originally Posted by R3D D3V!L View Post
    I wrote something about Hamilton on my blog. Check it out. Any comments are appreciated.
    I actually agree with a lot of that. I think he'll end up back at mclaren at the end of the contract he signed with merc. something tells me he'll realise the grass isn't greener, and he'll return to mclaren and possibly see his career out there.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    McLaren front row lockout

Vettel 4th
    Alonso 8th

Last edited by keefy; 11-24-2012 at 18:13.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Surebrec View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if he's having serious regrets about making the switch now, looking at where mercedes are compared to where they were early in the season.

I know I'd prefer to be looking at mercedes from within mclaren than vice-versa for next season. my belief is that mercedes will be a borderline top 10 team at the start of 2013, and he'll be sat in his car by the end of the first race thinking to himself "wtf have I done???"

I can't see them delivering on their promise of giving him a title challenging car for 2014 mercedes don't have the design talents that red bull & mclaren do.
    Yeah, especially these last few races. He has been on Fire! Mind you, I still think McLaren are to blame for him loosing the WDC this year, hopefully Mercedes will be much more reliable and can spend the money to back him. I remember the day i found out he was switching to Mercedes, i just wanted to find him and shake him "WHAT THE $#@! WERE YOU THINKING LEWIS. JESUS CHRIST!"

Quote Originally Posted by R3D D3V!L View Post
    Nice read man!

Power Member
    Don't forget Mercedes supply McLaren's engines.

Hamilton always look so cool and clam after a qualify or race its like he barely breaks sweat, how does he manage it?
    Last edited by keefy; 11-24-2012 at 22:29. Reason: spelling

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Don't forget Mercedes supply McLaren's engines.

Hamilton always look so cool and clam after a qualify or race its like he barely breaks sweat, how does he manage it?
    yeah, but mclaren don't supply mercedes with chassis', therein the problem lies for hamilton next year. he is $#@!ing off to mercedes, but the design team isn't following him.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    I think Lewis will go back to Mclaren sooner rather than later.....

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Vettel is this years World Drivers Champion!

Alonso did amazing job all things considering.
    Hamilton was unlucky....again...
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    it was one of those championships that in retrospect, whichever driver won it, they deserved it.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    indeed, Vettel didn't have it all his way this year. he's driven fantastically, evidenced again by him fighting from the back today.

as for alonso, his car was crap. i think it was Ben Edwards who stated he's never qualified good this year in dry conditions due to the cars poor performance.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Meh, i still cant put Vettel up there despite his 3 WDC's, silly right!?!?!?

As for Lewis...........$#@!ing Hulkemberg, but tbh, wasnt really his fault the car slipped out........ great racing from Nico, Lewis and Jenson though till he went out

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Elite Member
    Dont care about Vettel 1 bit yes he Won the F1DC but i dont care tbh the boy got lucky with his first drivers title an got lucky on his 3rd drivers title the 2nd title he won was ok he won it fairly clean but tbh the lad had got some serious luck in him but overall fantastic drive from Alonso shame she couldnt nail it shut :/ he drove fantastic all season cant blame him for trying his hardest. poor lewis yet again shame on u hulk lol, button drove pretty gd an did it for the team also

Power Member
    I guess he has had a bit of luck with safetey cars bunching up the field in 2 races that mattered so he can catch up to the main field.

Button drove realy well he made all the right calls with his tyres. Hulk was too eagre and giddy which is why he stuffed it into Lewis taking him out.

Forum Sage

I was seething earlier. Was proper rooting for Alonso, if any driver deserved to win it this year it was him. Shame about Hamilton, would've been a nice send off for McLaren, role on next season

BBK. Tapatalking

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    I guess he has had a bit of luck with safetey cars bunching up the field in 2 races that mattered so he can catch up to the main field.

Button drove realy well he made all the right calls with his tyres. Hulk was too eagre and giddy which is why he stuffed it into Lewis taking him out.
    he didn't get much luck in that aspect, from being at the back and facing the wrong way on the first lap, he had already got up to 7th before the safety car came out, and in abu dhabi, he was knocking on the door of the top 10 before the safety car came out there. sure, he might not have finished 3rd there without it, but he would have been well into the points.

today, after he got "lucky", he made a net gain of 1 place. had he finished 7th, if my maths is correct, he would have still won the championship.

if the safety car brought luck in anyones direction today, it was hamilton's, prior to it coming out, hamilton was well over a pitstop's worth of time behind button & hulkenberg when it was deployed. had he finished, he would have benefited from it more than anyone.

I'm not much a fan of his or alonso's, but to see people make claims that he only won it because of luck, it boggles the mind.

like I said earlier, whichever one won it, it would have been deserving.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    as much as i don't like Massa, i will give him some kudos for his defending of alonso in the early laps. he bunched those cars up quite nicely, and fended off Webber (i think it was webber) who was trying to do the same to alonso.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Dedicated Member
    There could still be some more drama, there is a question about whether Vettel overtook Verne under yellow flags on the fourth lap.

Ferrari have lodged an appeal but the current results still look like they will stand: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20541589

All in all Brazil was an entertaining finish to the season that threw in some unexpected results.

Credit to THUGGEDOUT for the Sig

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    FIA don't seem too concerned, they believe it was ok.

Fantastic Season, Fantastic Outro from the BBC (again!) cannot wait for their coverage of the 2013 season!

Sig courtesy of the_jim

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    for anyone still interested:

Pastor Maldonado and Lewis Hamilton will more then likely end up on the same piece of tarmac. Mercedes aren't going to pull a winning car out from nowhere. they will more then likely repeat what they've done this year with a strong first half and then slip in regard to development.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Forum Sage

Aren't Mercedes more interested for the 2014 season. No point spending millions on research this year when the season after next will be using different engines

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Aren't Mercedes more interested for the 2014 season. No point spending millions on research this year when the season after next will be using different engines
    they need money. Ferrari produce sports cars to fund their F1 endeavours. Mercedes don't have that luxury (as evidenced by their head stepping down), suffice to say they need to gain back the position they lost to lotus this year. its worth a lot of money - the constructors championship.
    no doubt they'll have people working on the 2014 engine (they are an engine supplier after all) but most of their staff are hard at work on next years car, especially with lewis joining their ranks.
    i hope they can sort out their tyre issues. Lewis will not have fun in their car if Mercedes keep with the same level of tyre degradation seen in their first 3 seasons.
    next year is very important for Mercedes, they NEED to show the board they are making gains and not falling backward, or stalling.

it'll be even harder to progress if they find themselves racing along side the 'battering ram' Maldonado
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce

New Presenter Announced! ITS A CHICK!!

Suzi Perry replaces Jake Humphrey as BBC F1 presenter

Suzi Perry will present the BBC's Formula 1 coverage from the start of next season, replacing Jake Humphrey.
    Perry, 42, previously presented the BBC's MotoGP coverage for 10 years, as well as reporting on other sports.

"She'll bring real energy and years of experience to one of the biggest jobs in sports broadcasting," said BBC Head of F1 Ben Gallop.

"Her presenting ability, coupled with her love and knowledge of motorsport, make her an excellent addition."

The BBC also confirmed that the British, Belgian, Italian and Brazilian Grands Prix are among 10 races that will be shown live on terrestrial television.

There will be extended highlights of the remaining 10, with all 20 races live on BBC Radio 5 live or 5 live sports extra.

Live Grands Prix:

• China, 14 April
    • Spain, 12 May
    • Canada, 9 June
    • Silverstone, 30 June
    • TBA*, 21 July
    • Belgium, 25 August
    • Italy, 8 September
    • Japan, 13 October
    • India, 27 October
    • Brazil, 24 November

* venue yet to be confirmed by Formula One Management
    sauce

i've seen her do the motoGP once or twice over the years, she seems competent enough. though, it all depends on how she fits into the role Jake is leaving behind
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Thread Information