Page 153 of 245 FirstFirst ... 143153163 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 6111
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    i cant put my finger on it but there's something wrong with this picture:

Sig courtesy of the_jim

Elite Member
    ^ Thats not the only time its happend lol, This is from last year's shanghai where button enters the rebull pit lane.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    wasn't that 2011, and in china?

must be a bug you get for driving in a Mclaren, both of them have done it now!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    wasn't that 2011, and in china?

must be a bug you get for driving in a Mclaren, both of them have done it now!
    yeah sorry my mistake it was 2011 thought it was last year ah well time flys lol

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Multi 21 seb... Yea multi 21

ITs about trust. Webber probably thinks he cannot trust Vettel anymore, he turned his engine settings down to save fuel and tyres and Vettel didn't. Sneaky snake move on Vettel's part if you ask me but for a few corners it made or good racing.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    webber probably trusted vettel as much as vettel trusted webber during the british grand prix a few years ago
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Elite Member
    Webber to consider F1 future.

Sebastian Vettel, right, deliberately ignored team orders not to overtake Mark Webber at the Malaysian Grand Prix (AP)

Mark Webber will use the next two weeks to take stock of his Formula One career as the rift with Red Bull team-mate Sebastian Vettel grew increasingly fractious on Sunday.

Webber was left seething after Vettel deliberately ignored team orders to take the chequered flag at the Malaysian Grand Prix, and for the 27th time in his F1 career. Leading at the fourth and final pit stop 13 laps from home, Webber and Vettel were under instruction to hold station to the line.

Reigning world champion Vettel, however, blatantly defied team principal Christian Horner and went on the attack, and Webber said: "We'll see what happens. We've got three weeks before the next race (in China on April 14). Right now it's very early days, it's very raw, but we need to work out how the team best goes forwards from here."

He added: "That's obviously going to be discussed this week. I will be in Australia on my surfboard, the phone won't be engaged, so let's see what happens."

The duo, who previously clashed in the 2010 Turkish Grand Prix when Vettel attacked Webber only to crash out of the race, went wheel to wheel before the 25-year-old German passed the Australian on lap 46.

Although Vettel apologised it cut no ice with Webber who, when asked whether the situation had made him consider his future with the team - and in F1 on the whole, Webber said: "My mind in the last 15 laps was thinking that many things, yes. Many, many things."

As to how Webber will respond to an order in the future should he be in a position where he is chasing Vettel for a win, he said: "That question is not going to be answered right now. Let's just say there were a lot of things going through my mind in the last 15 laps of the grand prix, lots of different reasons, not just from today but also from the past."

Vettel, who had initially shown no remorse for his selfish actions when interviewed on the podium, changed his tune several minutes later when he fielded questions in the press conference.

"I can see now he (Webber) is upset, but yeah, I at least want to be honest and stick to the truth and apologise," said Vettel "I know it doesn't really help his feelings right now, but I should have behaved better.

"As I've said, I didn't do it deliberately. I didn't realise I had made a mistake. It was only when I came back and saw the team's reaction I realised."

Elite Member
    Vodafone McLaren F1 sponsorship deal to end.

Published on Friday 15 March 2013 00:00

Vodafone is to end its long-running sponsorship of Formula One motor racing after announcing it will ditch its deal with McLaren at the end of the year.

The telecoms giant said the move, which will bring to a close an association with Formula One dating back more than a decade, followed a review of its marketing strategy.

Vodafone signed the McLaren deal, said to be worth 50 million a year, in 2007 and it included Lewis Hamilton’s 2008 drivers’ world title.

The company, which has previously sponsored the Ferrari F1 team, has already exited other global sponsorship campaigns, such as long-term deals with the England cricket team, Champions League football and more recently sponsorship of the Australian cricket team last year.

Morten Lundal, Vodafone’s group chief commercial officer, said the decision came as part of a wider overhaul to market the brand more directly through digital media and live events.

“We have been very happy with our engagement with McLaren. Our relationship has been a key ingredient in bringing the Vodafone brand to where it is today,” he said.

“However, our brand is evolving and we’ve concluded we will have less of a need for this kind of exposure in future.”

But it is also thought Vodafone’s move to review its F1 sponsorship was in part prompted by the group’s unease over the decision to run the Bahrain Grand Prix last year despite a violent uprising in the country. McLaren has said it will announce a replacement sponsor in December

Dedicated Member

Webber is just a big crybaby.

He tried to do the exact same thing to Vettel in the British GP in 2011. Disobeyed team orders and attempted to make a pass when he was told not to. He was totally unapologetic afterwords, saying "Of course I ignored the team because I wanted to try and get a place. Seb was doing his best, I was doing my best. I wasn't going to crash with anyone."

So apparently Webber has no problems with ignoring team orders, provided he's the one that is doing the ignoring. As far as I'm concerned Vettel just got a little pay-back, and Webber is throwing his toys out of the pram because of it.

Elite Member
    F1 weekend coming up in China Shanghai Redbull will be the team to beat yet again!! hope there's no more issues in the team but i do hope Vettel dont win this 1, im hoping for lewis on podium again along with Alonso, kimi got a podium winning car but will he be in top3 as for webber same reason a winning car, i think massa wont be to far behind!! wont be suprised if Button gets a podium . an i think Force india will be in top 8 racing Mclaren for that spot imo.

Forum Sage
    Rosberg will be the one to watch. He has a good record at China. Will
    Be interesting to see if he out qualifies Hamilton.

Hoping to see a decent race from Alonso this time!

BBK. Tapatalking.

Dedicated Member

I would REALLY like to see Massa win it this weekend. Not because I'm a Massa fan, but just because I would like to see how Ferrari would handle a situation where Massa was clearly leading Alonso in the WDC points. I wonder if they would change their team orders and require Alonso to pull over and let Massa pass by in future races if Massa was leading the points.

Elite Member
    id thought id post this! if no one knows about it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdkIF...1fEOogdfu4YgfA

Sorry its making you go to youtube link rather than watching it here! i dont know how to get it up on this forum :/
    Last edited by nextgen3; 04-10-2013 at 17:29.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Rosberg will be the one to watch. He has a good record at China. Will
    Be interesting to see if he out qualifies Hamilton.

Hoping to see a decent race from Alonso this time!

BBK. Tapatalking.
    oh yes this should be a very good race!

Mercedes have always been strong here and have been at the front end every year! add them to the already huge number of cars competing well this year and a Mclaren who say they've isolated their problems and you have a recipe for a thoroughly entertaining race!

I'd wager this as being Mercedes' strongest year. i wouldn't be surprised to see a front row lock out from them again this year...the race....eh, i don't expect anything scintillating, they usually go backwards
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    I would REALLY like to see Massa win it this weekend. Not because I'm a Massa fan, but just because I would like to see how Ferrari would handle a situation where Massa was clearly leading Alonso in the WDC points. I wonder if they would change their team orders and require Alonso to pull over and let Massa pass by in future races if Massa was leading the points.

Very good point. Though do you blame Ferrari? Alonso is should be the strongest driver on the grid.

Massa has had a 180 though. Back end of last season and so far of this season he is looking stronger than ever. He certainly deserves a few wins after his recent performances

BBK. Tapatalking.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Eh my opinion is that Ferrari would back Alonso in any race situation. Rightly or wrongly. Massa has looked good so far though, I agree. Certainly surprised me

Forum Sage
    Qualifying time! Up nice and early

BBK. Tapatalking

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    wtf happened to Rosberg!?

an interesting top 10 for tomorrows race nonetheless. Alonso will be the one to watch from the get go, they've already roared past the Mercedes' from inferior starting positions in the earlier races this year.

hopefully, Mercs can get a first and second here, since the team f'd it up last year.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    wtf happened to Rosberg!?

an interesting top 10 for tomorrows race nonetheless. Alonso will be the one to watch from the get go, they've already roared past the Mercedes' from inferior starting positions in the earlier races this year.

hopefully, Mercs can get a first and second here, since the team f'd it up last year.
    He went wide on the last corner and probably cost him tenth or 2.
    Last edited by keefy; 04-13-2013 at 15:38.

Elite Member
    WTF is going on!! is anyone seeing what im seeing GP2 faster than F1 times :/ seriously something is wrong here!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    I'm not seeing that. GP2 isn't even a support event for F1 in china

Supreme Veteran
    Last edited by keefy; 04-13-2013 at 20:48.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    china isn't on the GP2 calendar.

I'm thinking he is referring to the times posted from sepang in Q3 when the rain shower hit.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Surebrec View Post
    china isn't on the GP2 calendar.

I'm thinking he is referring to the times posted from sepang in Q3 when the rain shower hit.
    Yep!

Supreme Veteran
    Show me, I have no clue what this is.

Thread Information