Latest PSU headlines:

Page 155 of 236 FirstFirst ... 145155165 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 5900
    Forum Sage

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by JordieDAFC View Post
    This is what Vettel needs to do. 2010 was a fairly close season, 2011 the Red Bull was dominant, 2012 he wasn't fast until Newey stepped in at Singapore. We'll see what happens with him after Alonso retires and the Ferrari seat opens up.

Yeah I thought it was a silly place to go, although his pay cheque says otherwise haha
    Yeah, people are already saying if Vettel wants to cement himself as a legend (though 3 WDC says otherwise) he needs to leave RBR and do it somewhere else. Ha, yeah i think he is the highest paid on the grid at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    Stupid decision to move team that wasnt even a 4th fastest team out there!! Hami knew for a fact Mclaren will not be as good they were in 2011!! 2012 was the beginning of mclaren woes pitstop woes ect, i think the move was bit of both imo gd & bad, this year he wont win the WDC but he will most likey do well, then we have 2014 new rule changes ect coming in so how is that a bad decision? next year we could see mercedes be much better. teams go up & down all the time!!

Perez needs to toughen up or he might be booted!!
    I think part of his reason (other than cash) was that Mercedes are building a pretty special engine come the rule change next season. I wasn't expecting him to do well this season and wait for next season but i'm being proved wrong already, what i'm glad about. Best British driver by far! I just thought at the time it was a bad call - leaving McLaren, arguably one of the best teams on the grid for a struggling Mercedes - you can't say you thought it was a good idea?

It's really weird. He looked his best at Mclaren last season when it was made public he was switching.

Perez will be bringing in too much money once Vodafone stop sponsoring them at the end of the season. They wont boot him that quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Perez isnt showing the perfomance he had in the last season with Sauber. Infact he is making silly moves and mistakes.

He binned it into the wall on the entrance of the pits in China and squeezed Kimi onto the grass causing him to prang him up the rear.
    But that begs the question, why? he has probably a car equal to the car he had last season so why is he doing so poorly? If anything you'd expect the car to be a better ride than what he had last season. Who knows, we're only 3 races in, anything can happen now.

I bet McLaren thought they were doing one over Ferrari signing Perez before they did or if they were.
    Maybe, though i'm sure i read Stefano (Ferrari TP) say he wasn't interested in Perez.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Yeah, people are already saying if Vettel wants to cement himself as a legend (though 3 WDC says otherwise) he needs to leave RBR and do it somewhere else. Ha, yeah i think he is the highest paid on the grid at the moment!
    Actually the highest paid driver on the grid is Hamilton. Last year Vettel was only 4th on the list of the highest paid F1 drivers. Even Button makes more than he does.

I think part of his reason (other than cash) was that Mercedes are building a pretty special engine come the rule change next season.
    I think that's nonsense. McLaren is using Mercedes engines next year so Mercedes isn't gaining any advantages from their engines. Mercedes was always going to be an engine supplier to other teams so there wasn't any advantage to driving for Mercedes themselves in that regards.

Besides, how would Hamilton know how the new Mercedes engine compared to the new Renault and new Ferrari engines which he has no access to? It may very well turn out that the Renault engine is the one to have, since Renault have a LOT more experience with tiny displacement turbo engines than Mercedes does.

I wasn't expecting him to do well this season and wait for next season but i'm being proved wrong already, what i'm glad about. Best British driver by far! I just thought at the time it was a bad call - leaving McLaren, arguably one of the best teams on the grid for a struggling Mercedes - you can't say you thought it was a good idea?
    I think Hamilton simply wanted out of the McLaren pressure zone. McLaren is notorious for the off-track demands and limitations they place on their drivers. They are THE most controlling team in all F1. I think Hamilton just had enough, and the pressure and demands were hurting his ability to drive as well as his off-track attitude and emotions. Regardless of if he did better or worse in F1 I think he just needed out of that fish bowl.

But that begs the question, why? he has probably a car equal to the car he had last season so why is he doing so poorly? If anything you'd expect the car to be a better ride than what he had last season. Who knows, we're only 3 races in, anything can happen now.
    Actually I think the car he had last season is probably better than this years McLaren. Most of his other problems come from being on a team and in a car he is not familiar with. Even Button who is a multi-year McLaren veteran is struggling to finish in the points.

Maybe, though i'm sure i read Stefano (Ferrari TP) say he wasn't interested in Perez.
    Ferrari doesn't like inexperienced drivers. Massa had 3 years experience racing in F1 and a full years experience as a Ferrari test driver before he was allowed a seat with the team. Ferrari hasn't had an inexperienced driver in nearly 20 years. They would promote their own test driver before they would hire in an outsider who has only driven a single season in F1.
    Last edited by Completely Average; 04-17-2013 at 20:57.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    Actually the highest paid driver on the grid is Hamilton. Last year Vettel was only 4th on the list of the highest paid F1 drivers. Even Button makes more than he does.
    That's who i meant when I said he was the highest paid on the Grid. I was referring to his "Nice paycheck" comment. Hamilton has been lucky with both Mclaren and Mercedes. I'm pretty sure there is a rule against paying drivers too much.

I think that's nonsense. McLaren is using Mercedes engines next year so Mercedes isn't gaining any advantages from their engines. Mercedes was always going to be an engine supplier to other teams so there wasn't any advantage to driving for Mercedes themselves in that regards.
    I wouldn't be too sure about that. Mclaren are currently in talks with Honda to get one of their engines as Honda are looking to come back into the sport as a supplier. As of thr 2015 season at least

Besides, how would Hamilton know how the new Mercedes engine compared to the new Renault and new Ferrari engines which he has no access to? It may very well turn out that the Renault engine is the one to have, since Renault have a LOT more experience with tiny displacement turbo engines than Mercedes does.
    He doesn't. But Mercedes must've shown him something other than 20m per year that made him choose them. There are people saying that he tried to get Bernie to get him a seat at RBR but they felt too much loyalty to Webber to chuck him out - what a team that would've been!

I think Hamilton simply wanted out of the McLaren pressure zone. McLaren is notorious for the off-track demands and limitations they place on their drivers. They are THE most controlling team in all F1. I think Hamilton just had enough, and the pressure and demands were hurting his ability to drive as well as his off-track attitude and emotions. Regardless of if he did better or worse in F1 I think he just needed out of that fish bowl.
    I don't think you are wrong about that. He seems much happier now, he seemed much happier once he announced he was moving teams. His last 3 races at McLaren were all fantastic.

Actually I think the car he had last season is probably better than this years McLaren. Most of his other problems come from being on a team and in a car he is not familiar with. Even Button who is a multi-year McLaren veteran is struggling to finish in the points.
    Most likely, they had the fastest car at the back end of last season. Then again they are the only team to have changed chassis for this season so they shot themselves in the foot, for now. We are only 3 races into the season. Too early to tell who sits where.

Ferrari doesn't like inexperienced drivers. Massa had 3 years experience racing in F1 and a full years experience as a Ferrari test driver before he was allowed a seat with the team. Ferrari hasn't had an inexperienced driver in nearly 20 years. They would promote their own test driver before they would hire in an outsider who has only driven a single season in F1.
    Personally, i think they'll be keeping an eye on Bianchi more than Perez, Bianchi is doing wonders with that Maurussia at the back. I bet in a season or 2 he will be having Massa's seat.

Edit: Speaking of Mark Webber, rumours that he may be heading back to Le Mans with Porsche Source I hope not. Webber is one of the more likeable guys on the grid. Says it how it is and never comes across like too much of a bad guy
    Last edited by BBK..; 04-17-2013 at 21:13.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    They'd have been aswell using the 2012 car for the first 4 races whilst the 2013 car was perfected. Surely they must have known that the car was rubbish from pre season tests? They could have found its weak points in the tests then fixed the car for Barcelona. Although that seems a bit too easy :P

To me, the Red Bull since 2010 has been near enough the same each year imo

Forum Sage

They'd have been aswell using the 2012 car for the first 4 races whilst the 2013 car was perfected. Surely they must have known that the car was rubbish from pre season tests? They could have found its weak points in the tests then fixed the car for Barcelona. Although that seems a bit too easy :P
    You'd think so, they were debating using it after Australia but it looks like they rather get the problems fixed with the new car.

I'm willing to bet by mid season they'll have one of the quicker all round cars

[/QUOTE]

To me, the Red Bull since 2010 has been near enough the same each year imo[/QUOTE]

They're just the all round package. Good car, good drivers, good engineers and ace pit stops.

Though saying that, Mclaren set the fastest pitstop ever in Malaysia with a 1.9sec!!

BBK. Tapatalking.

Dedicated Member

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Mclaren are currently in talks with Honda to get one of their engines as Honda are looking to come back into the sport as a supplier. As of thr 2015 season at least
    In otherwords, McLaren are committed to running the new Merc engine for the first year, and MAY switch if it proves to be not good enough.

That doesn't really contradict what I said. McLaren will run the new Merc engine for at least the first year, so Hamilton moving to Merc because of the engine really doesn't hold water. If Honda offers McLaren something better than Mercedes then Hamilton leaving because of the engine suddenly sounds kind of dumb.

He doesn't. But Mercedes must've shown him something other than 20m per year that made him choose them. There are people saying that he tried to get Bernie to get him a seat at RBR but they felt too much loyalty to Webber to chuck him out - what a team that would've been!
    Mercedes offered him freedom. Freedom to acquire personal sponsors (McLaren doesn't allow that). Freedom to set his own schedule. (McLaren doesn't allow that) Freedom to get visible tattoos and such (McLaren really frowns on that) Freedom to enjoy his off-season. (McLaren fills the off-season schedule with sponsor appearances)

McLaren is a real grind for their drivers. McLaren limits personal sponsorships, schedules lots of driver appearances in the off season, and places a LOT of off-track demands on their drivers. At Mercedes Lewis can be Lewis, and not just a puppet for Whitmarsh.

I don't think you are wrong about that. He seems much happier now, he seemed much happier once he announced he was moving teams. His last 3 races at McLaren were all fantastic.
    I think being free of the confines of McLaren made a world of difference for him. He's clearly happier, more relaxed, and more comfortable, and it shows in his driving. I really doubt the money made that much difference to him, I believe he was just burnt out at McLaren and was looking for any change. It just so happens that the change has worked out extremely well for him on the track as well as off.

Most likely, they had the fastest car at the back end of last season. Then again they are the only team to have changed chassis for this season so they shot themselves in the foot, for now. We are only 3 races into the season. Too early to tell who sits where.
    McLaren are definitely a team known to improve their car over the course of the season, but if you put last years Sauber up against the current McLaren I doubt there would be much of a performance difference between the two. Certainly not the huge gap that there was between the Sauber and McLaren at the end of last season.

Personally, i think they'll be keeping an eye on Bianchi more than Perez, Bianchi is doing wonders with that Maurussia at the back. I bet in a season or 2 he will be having Massa's seat.

Edit: Speaking of Mark Webber, rumours that he may be heading back to Le Mans with Porsche Source I hope not. Webber is one of the more likeable guys on the grid. Says it how it is and never comes across like too much of a bad guy

Webber at Ferrari in 2014................. Stranger things have happened.

I personally don't care for Webbers attitude as of late. His hypocrisy regarding the team orders issue just really rubbed me the wrong way.

Yes, Vettel shouldn't have ignored team orders, but Webber has also ignored team orders and was totally unapologetic when he did it. In fact he boasted quite clearly that he would do it again. He also made it clear last season that he would race for a win rather than give the position to Vettel despite the fact that he was already eliminated from the WDC and Vettel was in a tight points fight with Alonso at the time.

He's a poor teammate and a poor loser when his teammate treats him the exact same way he treats his teammate.
    Last edited by Completely Average; 04-17-2013 at 22:40.

Elite Member
    I just wonder if webber gonna stay with F1! he still can win podiums but with redbull messing him up i dont think he gonna last any longer with that team, i just hope lotus can sign him if not then maybe he might quit!! just worried we gonna see alot of new faces again next year an not so many old faces!!

Also is there any rumours about a new team coming in 2014??

Surely bernie will have figured out the 20th race will be mid through the season for next year!!

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    I thought it was confirmed that he was on his way to the LeMans series with Porsche? I expected him to end up in DTM or the Aussie V8's.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Webber is the slowest on the Top Gear F1 board.
    Well it was wet though./

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Ge...ack#F1_drivers

Forum Sage

Oh, make no mistake, there is a reason webber isn't a WDC. I just like him as a person. But as CA said, he is quick to forget that he done the same to Seb at one stage too.

BBK. Tapatalking.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Oh, make no mistake, there is a reason webber isn't a WDC. I just like him as a person. But as CA said, he is quick to forget that he done the same to Seb at one stage too.

BBK. Tapatalking.

Are you referring to Silverstone 2011 when Webber had a look at Vettel? That was a bit different I think.

This threads so much better than the Codemasters forums. Its just Vettel fans vs the rest

Elite Member
    What is Sterling Moss sugesting then?? he doesnt want women in F1?? what so bad about not having women in motorsport!!

if i can remember theres already a woman in Nascar an Indy Car, i believe theres about 2 or 3 women already racing in that sport in america! i can only remember Dancia patrick name so whats the problem with women in F1?

Power Member
    Maybe his is using reverse psychology so more women will want to prove him wrong.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Are you referring to Silverstone 2011 when Webber had a look at Vettel? That was a bit different I think.

This threads so much better than the Codemasters forums. Its just Vettel fans vs the rest
    if this forum has one thing its that everyone has their own opinion, and that extends forum wide

What is Sterling Moss sugesting then?? he doesnt want women in F1?? what so bad about not having women in motorsport!!

if i can remember theres already a woman in Nascar an Indy Car, i believe theres about 2 or 3 women already racing in that sport in america! i can only remember Dancia patrick name so whats the problem with women in F1?
    yeah but US sports require no skill at all
    im kidding, obviously

Nascar and Indy really ain't my thing though. My dad calls the F1 a bunch of cars going round and round and even i can't defend those two from that argument

i would like to see a woman in F1 though, more so, i would like to see a woman be successful in F1. it is my favourite sport and i'd like to see its audience base extend beyond what it is now. maybe then drivers will return to being chosen for skill rather than cash flow....*cough* Caterham *cough*

seriously, if i was him i'd have told them to piss off....
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Power Member
    I want Caterham to do well but the just dont have the cash.
    Their cars are basic (the road legal ones) but are very, very quick and stick like $#@! to a blanket.

Dedicated Member

It was more than just a look, and the only real difference was Vettel was successful while Webber failed.

And here is what Webber had to say after that....

Of course I ignored the team and I was battling to the end. I was trying to do my best with the amount of conversation on the radio. I wasn't doing much talking back, but I got a lot of messages coming my way, but I was trying to the end. I'm not fine with it, no.
    And now he's a big crybaby threatening to leave the team because Vettel did the exact same thing he did. At least Vettel was man enough to apologize, Webber is just a d!ckhead. Webber may be a nice guy off the track, but he doesn't care about his team and he doesn't care about his teammate. He only cares about himself.
    Last edited by Completely Average; 04-19-2013 at 16:30.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    if this forum has one thing its that everyone has their own opinion, and that extends forum wide .
    Initially, I only joined to try and attract some interest for a racing league then I was going to leave, but I found this thread so I think i'll stay for a bit. Shame the football or soccer threads not more active, or i'd be on there a lot :/

Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    It was more than just a look, and the only real difference was Vettel was successful while Webber failed.

And here is what Webber had to say after that....

And now he's a big crybaby threatening to leave the team because Vettel did the exact same thing he did. At least Vettel was man enough to apologize, Webber is just a d!ckhead. Webber may be a nice guy off the track, but he doesn't care about his team and he doesn't care about his teammate. He only cares about himself.
    My bad, that's not how I remembered it :P Most F1 drivers only think for themselves, but they do have a bit of thought for the team.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    calling it; Ferrari one, two at the end of the day

Sig courtesy of the_jim

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    calling it; Ferrari one, two at the end of the day

^ Perfect example of why you don't pay too much attention to practice sessions

that being said (i've said it before) Mercedes usually go backward at the start of races and then plateau around lap 15. hopefully rosberg can break the DRS and vettel and alonso end up squabbling deciding who should be the one to challenge first
    Hamilton will have an interesting day too.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Reckon Mercedes will be good at the start of a stint, then gradually get worse and worse and as long as the Ferrari's, Vettel and Raikonen stay close then they have a chance as the Mercedes will chew the rears.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Mercedes really need to stop with the focus on one lap pace (look out for them at monaco!)

their first stint is $#@!! and has been every year of their return. if i were to guess i'd say they load the car with more fuel than the other teams simply because they need to. the mercedes engine is the most powerful out there atm.
    couple that with their inability to translate that power into (effective)drive off corners and you have a very heavy, very slow race car.

great racing today nonetheless. Mclarens were fun to watch as they battled away. doubt their meeting will be as fun though
    Hamilton managed himself quite well. wonder what happened to rosberg though o_O
    was strange to see his third stint on the mediums with that many laps to go....
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Elite Member
    This was a good race from bahrain close racing is what it needs :P

Vettel won again :/ hate this lone wolf! just racing himself :P

Di Resta stood out for me today, i think he pitted a bit early other wise he may of had podium in 3rd!

Both Mclarens racing was good cause we know now Perez is toughenen up as he been told.

Mercades is a bit up & down hell knows what going on there, there fast then not :/ strange in some ways lol

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Red Bull - Just the usual
    Ferrari - Disaster of a weekend, Alonso's DRS breaking destroying his race and Massa picking up 2 punctures. Nightmare.
    McLaren - Good Performance from them, good to see that Perez has finally found his balls. But some of that fighting was too close for me, although he certainly had the better of Button.
    Lotus - Fast and nice on its tyres, good drive from Grosjean cause he was quite far back wasn't he? Just need to qualify better.
    Force India - I thought Di Resta was on for a podium there Gutted.
    Mercedes - They were only going backwards. Heard they were fuel saving from very early on. Usually drop off the front runners about now.

Didn't see much of the other teams. Bottas and Gutierrez are useless drivers. Can't believe they were chosen over Senna and Kobayashi, especially Gutierrez.

Elite Member
    Didn't see much of the other teams. Bottas and Gutierrez are useless drivers. Can't believe they were chosen over Senna and Kobayashi, especially Gutierrez.
    Kobayashi, is a far better driver an quite fast! Gutierrez is just making no use for sabuer terrible decision to being him in & too early if you ask me.

Bottas is rubbish overrated i dont know why he even got the seat! Senna just a normal driver to me but isnt all that good either!

They both need to be replaced next season! Di Resta deserves a better car he his proving himself race after race :P bringing in too many rookies is not good only to build experience though, i hope they dont get a seat next season give it to those who are better drives an deserve the seat! Bottas & Gutierrez aint showing anything in terms of talent when Kobayashi came in he was fast, good driver sorry he should still be in the team.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Kobayashi, is a far better driver an quite fast! Gutierrez is just making no use for sabuer terrible decision to being him in & too early if you ask me.

Bottas is rubbish overrated i dont know why he even got the seat! Senna just a normal driver to me but isnt all that good either!

They both need to be replaced next season! Di Resta deserves a better car he his proving himself race after race :P bringing in too many rookies is not good only to build experience though, i hope they dont get a seat next season give it to those who are better drives an deserve the seat! Bottas & Gutierrez aint showing anything in terms of talent when Kobayashi came in he was fast, good driver sorry he should still be in the team.
    Senna to me is somebody who isn't fast, but will get you a solid finish consistently and if he could improve his qualifying then he would be a lot better. If you take away Maldonado's fluke win in Spain away, and replace it with the points of where Williams usually finish, then Senna has 31 whilst Maldonado is in the lowish 20's.

I think Di Resta should have been in the McLaren, but he didn't really do much last season. Mainly due to Force India $#@!ing up his race continuously. But if Perez races as well as he did today...

Thread Information