Latest PSU headlines:

Page 157 of 215 FirstFirst ... 147157167 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 5367
    Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I think thats whats known as a flat spot right? Just there is nothing left of the tyre so its gone right through to the canvas or whatever the secodn layer is.

He didn't have many more laps left on those.

This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Apprentice

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Yeah, very easy to do that to the Pirelli tyres. A bit worrying that its that severe

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce

McLaren to go with Honda for 2015

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22551204

whoa, didn't see this one coming!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Forum Sage

Lol, really? I even called it a few pages back! It's been rumoured even before the season started

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    yeah, i always assumed it was just rumor!

have you seen Mercedes' engine? tis a beast!

if Mercedes rope in some of their AMG staff their 2014 engine will sing glorious sounds of epicness!
    McLaren going Honda (who aren't doing anything special in the car space afik) comes as a bit of a surprise.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Apprentice

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    I think its a smart decision. Honda are one of the leading companies in hybrid engines and have a really strong focus on that area. Mercedes aren't exactly very eco focused are they now? :P

Forum Sage

I have seen the new mercedes engine. The electronic turbo sounds very interesting for the smaller tracks. I think Mercedes should focus on how to develop a car rather than just how to make a good car. They've moved 50% of the focus to the 2014 car. Bad move I think

Apprentice

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Mercedes are really hoping to do what Red Bull done after the last set of significant rule changes pre 2009 which is why they are pushing so hard with the 2014 car

Power Member
    Wonder what power they will deliver? In the mid 80s the BMW "Megatron" engines pushed out 1300HP all out of a 1.5 litre straight 4.

Now the rules say 1.6 V6 more capacity and more cylinders.
    Last edited by keefy; 05-16-2013 at 22:49.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Missed the Renault engine preview, only discovered it. http://www.f1technical.net/news/18188

TERS sounds quite interesting...

Power Member
    Came across this interesting video of the old turbo days following Cosworth building an engine.

In part 2 at around 10 mins you get a glimpse of the internet in 1984 also you will see a very young Ross Brawn, you know the Team principle at Mercedes now.

Last edited by keefy; 05-17-2013 at 23:16.

Forum Sage

Paddy Lowe will add his name to the Mercedes payroll next month after McLaren agreed to let him go early.Lowe, who has been on gardening leave from McLaren since the start of this season, will head to Brackley on 3 June, taking the role of Executive Director (Technical).
    Under his new role, Lowe will work closely with team boss Ross Brawn and executive director Toto Wolff.
    Merc were quick to point out that Brawn will 'retain overall responsibility for technical and sporting matters.'
    Welcoming Lowe to the F1 team, Brawn said: "I am delighted to welcome Paddy to the team and to begin working together. He has an excellent record of success in the sport and would be an asset to any of our rivals in the pit lane.
    "It is no secret that every team is facing a significant balancing act between this year and next. But it is perhaps less obvious that we will also see major changes for the 2015 and 2016 seasons, as development progresses with the new generation of car design and Power Unit
    "To deliver in these circumstances, a successful team needs strength in depth. Paddy's arrival will further strengthen our organisation and puts us in a strong position for the future."
    Meanwhile, Lowe says he's "excited" about the new adventure that awaits.
    "I am excited to become part of a highly talented and capable technical organisation," he said.
    "The team has already produced probably the fastest car of the 2013 season while the technical challenges of the new regulations for 2014 will give us the opportunity to maximise the synergies available to a works manufacturer. That is a challenge I am relishing.
    "I have worked closely with Mercedes-Benz for almost 20 years and deeply admire the company's phenomenal commitment to Formula One. I look forward to much success together in the years ahead."
    Source

Could Paddy finally solve Mercedes problems? If a combination of him and Brawn can't solve it I don't know what can. Perhaps stealing Newey might do them some favours

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    i was going to post this earlier but was too lazy

the talent at Mercedes is freaking amazing! hopefully they start putting that into actual performance.

another stellar acquisition from the Mercedes-Benz team!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Power Member
    FYI Toto Wolff is Susie wolff's husband whom is Williams test driver.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    yeah, i've already said how no one should be surprised to see susie eventually make Mercedes test driver. i hope she doesn't. it won't be taken well by the media and will tarnish women in F1...
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Forum Sage

As long as she gets there on merit i have no problem with women being in F1.

This video has nothing to do with F1 but even still, this is probably the best car advert I have ever seen. Turn up the volume and enjoy.

Dem down-shifts

17. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    As long as she gets there on merit i have no problem with women being in F1.
    unfortunately, that is probably not how it's going to happen.

how it will work, is one of the lower end teams will be given a sizable financial incentive to have a female driver, either wolff, or another driver plucked from obscurity. then said driver will bomb, partially because she's simply not physically capable of competing with male counterparts, and partly because she's ill-prepared. sooner or later, someone with a huge wad of $$$ will see the gimmick potential and will make it happen.

sport is littered with "battle of the sexes" scenarios, and practically all of them don't bode well for the female participant. the very few where the female got the upper hand, the rules and the advantages were weighed heavily in their favour.

I'd love to see female drivers in F1, and I do think it will happen, but it will happen for all the wrong reasons.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Man that R8 video and the F1 Turbo video above are nice finds. Cheers for sharing.

Power Member
    If there was more ladies in F1 then there would be more hair and face product adverts ont he bill boards and when the TV channel goes to adverts. Imagine seeing Tampax or tena lady ads plastered all around the track or even when the show goes to adverts.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    My favourite race of the calendar coming up this weekend. Oh yeah. Haven't managed to watch an entire race weekend this year for various reasons but this one gets special treatment.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    My favourite race of the calendar coming up this weekend. Oh yeah. Haven't managed to watch an entire race weekend this year for various reasons but this one gets special treatment.
    likewise, for the most part i make time for most weekends but this one will not be interrupted even under fear of death

having said that, why Monaco do dis to us! man that gap between P1 and 2 to quali is too much given the circuit

place bets:
    which of the two mercs will be on pole?

i'm gunna say hamilton but Rosberg has been on form recently!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Elite Member
    Mercs wont finish 1-2 an i don't think they can most likey they will be over taken when they stop in the pits an will lose there position anyways!! they don't have a great deal of speed!! so in the case they might have a long que behind them if they make the first corner with out any hitch!! because we all know Mercs just arnt fast! wont surprise me if Rosberg yet again has a fault with his car :/

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    if mercedes do get the front row tied up, they could play the race strategically, assuming that is that they both get through the opening lap unscathed and at the front.

the only tactic they should have in mind, is that whoever is second when everything has settled down, that driver should slow the field down significantly so the other one can have a sizable lead for his first pit stop. if they can stretch it out so it's effectively a free pit stop, even better.

monaco has the layout where a driver can hold up the field so much that they could lose as much as 5 seconds a lap, if not more and still they won't be able to pass. it's been done before in different circumstances to good effect, and it can be done again this weekend.

of course, that is assuming both merc's are at the front at the end of lap 1.

that would be my race plan for sunday.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    Mercs wont finish 1-2 an i don't think they can most likey they will be over taken when they stop in the pits an will lose there position anyways!! they don't have a great deal of speed!! so in the case they might have a long que behind them if they make the first corner with out any hitch!! because we all know Mercs just arnt fast! wont surprise me if Rosberg yet again has a fault with his car :/
    Monaco is the only race on the calendar where you can run your car 100% uncompromised. what have you got to lose? its not as if you'll be overtaken easily. Mercedes have poor aero over the car, which is why they have high rear tyre deg. (and is why they run lower front downforce as a compromise)

Rosberg caught and tried to pass the red bull last year. when the car is running without the compromises in place Mercedes are second to none. sadly, they lack the distance which, at other tracks, gets them in trouble.
    don't forget that MS was on pole too.

Quote Originally Posted by Surebrec View Post
    if mercedes do get the front row tied up, they could play the race strategically, assuming that is that they both get through the opening lap unscathed and at the front.

the only tactic they should have in mind, is that whoever is second when everything has settled down, that driver should slow the field down significantly so the other one can have a sizable lead for his first pit stop. if they can stretch it out so it's effectively a free pit stop, even better.

monaco has the layout where a driver can hold up the field so much that they could lose as much as 5 seconds a lap, if not more and still they won't be able to pass. it's been done before in different circumstances to good effect, and it can be done again this weekend.

of course, that is assuming both merc's are at the front at the end of lap 1.

that would be my race plan for sunday.
    as much as i wouldn't want that to happen it is the most logical way to ensure team success. and right now, mercedes as a team need good points.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Forum Sage

Mercedes on pole with Kimi, Fred or Mark to win it! Webbo has a nice history at Monte Carlo

BBK. Tapatalking.

Thread Information