Page 158 of 245 FirstFirst ... 148158168 ... LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 6111
  1. #3926
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,574
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    58,488 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Mercedes on pole with Kimi, Fred or Mark to win it! Webbo has a nice history at Monte Carlo


    BBK. Tapatalking.
    Did you predict this? If so good call.

  2. #3927
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,574
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    58,488 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Rosberg won.



    Shame what happened to Hamilton being suckered like that with the safety car.

    Massa havign the exact same crash as he did in practice, something not right there.
    Grosjean's future looks a bit sketchy after being given another grid penalty for next race in Canada.
    Last edited by keefy; 05-26-2013 at 18:29.

  3. #3928
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Posts
    551
    Rep Power
    11
    Points
    6,811 (0 Banked)
    I'm awaiting the FIA taking his super license away, cause that's what's going to happen, he's just not right in the head.

    Gutted Perez had to retire, his 2 overtakes on Alonso and Button at the chicane were brilliant to watch. Thought he was unlucky with Raikkonen as surely he must have seen Perez coming but still moved over on Perez. Then goes on to say Perez should be punched for being stupid, he's obviously forgotten that he robbed Force India and Sutil of 4th or 5th place at Monaco back in 2008 by ramming him down into that corner, similar to Grosjean on Ricciardo.

    This Mercedes test with Pirelli sounds a bit suspect.

  4. #3929
    Elite Member
    nextgen3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,846
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    15,557 (0 Banked)
    I'm awaiting the FIA taking his super license away, cause that's what's going to happen, he's just not right in the head.
    you mean Grosjean right??

    Gutted Perez had to retire, his 2 overtakes on Alonso and Button at the chicane were brilliant to watch. Thought he was unlucky with Raikkonen as surely he must have seen Perez coming but still moved over on Perez. Then goes on to say Perez should be punched for being stupid, he's obviously forgotten that he robbed Force India and Sutil of 4th or 5th place at Monaco back in 2008 by ramming him down into that corner, similar to Grosjean on Ricciardo.
    every year we see the same old crash when they come out of that tunnel down into the turn an yet some1 is gonna end up in the back of a car, I mean it just never ends!! an Perez was a bit dangerous if you ask me an he went over the limit just because he passed Alonso & Button cleanly in the same corner! so on other hand with Kimi he doesn't like open gaps he tends to keep them shut every corner, perez should of known better he wasn't gonna get through kimi. an his comment's are uncalled for tbh no need to say such thing. since perez was told to toughen up he been great.


  5. #3930
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Posts
    551
    Rep Power
    11
    Points
    6,811 (0 Banked)
    Yeah, Grosjean.

    I just think Perez has committed to going down the inside, and Kimi's cut him off leaving him with nowhere to go. Perez has been really enjoyable to watch since getting a kick up the arse, he's certainly got Button distressed anyway! His radio messages are pathetic

  6. #3931
    Elite Member
    nextgen3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,846
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    15,557 (0 Banked)
    Button is responding back to his team because he like's to know 'WHY' lol I think he's getting a little frustrated now tbh because Perez is showing signs of a toughen up rider, button wants to be there for along time before retiring I guess he doesn't want to get dropped just because Perez is doing 1 better than him. imo its about the team in the end, button doesn't want himself an Perez crashing out the team needs the points nothing more than that this year, still a struggling team so points matter. this is why maybe button is on the radio nearly every race when Perez his apon him!

    I hope when Honda come in 2015 button will still be there at McLaren! then we should see what button did with brawngp. :P


  7. #3932
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,574
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    58,488 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Brawn GP didn't use Honda Engines they used Mercedes.

  8. #3933
    Elite Member
    nextgen3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,846
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    15,557 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Brawn GP didn't use Honda Engines they used Mercedes.
    Never!! lol don't u think I knew that :/ I was responding to the terms of button coming off at a bad car an replaced with a better 1 due to a new engine.


  9. #3934
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,574
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    58,488 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    Never!! lol don't u think I knew that :/ I was responding to the terms of button coming off at a bad car an replaced with a better 1 due to a new engine.
    I didn't think you knew that.

    Brawn was the Honda team and guess what "bad" engines Honda used for their car.

  10. #3935
    Elite Member
    nextgen3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,846
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    15,557 (0 Banked)
    How do we know if Honda will be bad when they return?? no1 knows. they could be good or they could be average or could be bad, 2years is a long way away so nobody know how they will turn out for McLaren.


  11. #3936
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,574
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    58,488 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    We may see the glory days of Honda and Mclaren but I doubt it will be so easy.
    Last edited by keefy; 05-27-2013 at 21:31.

  12. #3937
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Posts
    551
    Rep Power
    11
    Points
    6,811 (0 Banked)
    That Brawn car was a fast car regardless of the engine, and it had the double diffuser. Like Red Bull after the 2010 rule changes they had a great base to work from.

    Remember, McLaren are going to be using Mercedes engines for 2014, there's bound to be Honda employees around having a look at the Mercedes engine throughout the year getting inspiration for their own engine.

  13. #3938
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,422
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    264,445 (888 Banked)
    Mercedes AMG are all about the turbo charger! if they do not come to the table with the best engine next year i will be incredibly disappointed!

    did any one catch Ben Edwards (BBC commentator) on his break down of each engines costs? the merc had the most expensive if i heard correctly...

    also, Williams are rumored to be using Merc engines next year, torro rosso will follow red bull and adopt Renault

    and on Renault - they will pull out of F1 if they DON'T get 3 manufactures using their engines. sounds pretty bad for them
    so far two are confirmed.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  14. #3939
    Super Carlton
    33x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW London
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,435
    Rep Power
    101
    Points
    31,282 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Hmmm, i dont get Lewis atm, he is driving well (within the stupid tyres limits) but Rosberg is defo faster than him atm......is it just cos Nico is more used to the car? but anyway, im glad too see Nico finally getting recognition. Sadly, i still cant see past Seb unless Merc get on top of these tyres.

    And Monaco should be taken off the calender, great for the celebs, but its not even a race!!!

    Oh and $#@! pirelli and their dunce "tires"

    Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

  15. #3940
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,422
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    264,445 (888 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Hmmm, i dont get Lewis atm, he is driving well (within the stupid tyres limits) but Rosberg is defo faster than him atm......is it just cos Nico is more used to the car? but anyway, im glad too see Nico finally getting recognition. Sadly, i still cant see past Seb unless Merc get on top of these tyres.

    And Monaco should be taken off the calender, great for the celebs, but its not even a race!!!

    Oh and $#@! pirelli and their dunce "tires"
    i think it's more to do with both drivers change in driving style.

    Nico trailed it in Malaysia and everyone saw how effective it was.

    essentially, during the breaking phase drivers downshift way too early, this increases fuel consumption (as you all know) and helps deceleration and Mercedes have had a sore spot with running high fuel, which is why they are so slow at the start of races.

    Hamilton said during Monaco he wasn't comfortable during the breaking phase and if you might have noticed, he's switched to downshifting late like nico does.
    the reassurance of that extra retardation from the gearbox must have him a little unsettled. DC talks about how most of the time is made up during the breaking phase.

    Pirelli have taken it a little too far i'd agree. but then the counter argument is that Ferrari aren't too bothered so why is everyone else doing so badly?

    i actually like the monaco GP, when Hamilton tried that lunge down the inside of marc i was on the edge of my seat
    sorts the experienced drivers from the newblood *cough* perez *cough*
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  16. #3941
    Super Carlton
    33x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW London
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,435
    Rep Power
    101
    Points
    31,282 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    i think it's more to do with both drivers change in driving style.

    Nico trailed it in Malaysia and everyone saw how effective it was.

    essentially, during the breaking phase drivers downshift way too early, this increases fuel consumption (as you all know) and helps deceleration and Mercedes have had a sore spot with running high fuel, which is why they are so slow at the start of races.

    Hamilton said during Monaco he wasn't comfortable during the breaking phase and if you might have noticed, he's switched to downshifting late like nico does.
    the reassurance of that extra retardation from the gearbox must have him a little unsettled. DC talks about how most of the time is made up during the breaking phase.

    Pirelli have taken it a little too far i'd agree. but then the counter argument is that Ferrari aren't too bothered so why is everyone else doing so badly?

    i actually like the Monaco GP, when Hamilton tried that lunge down the inside of marc i was on the edge of my seat
    sorts the experienced drivers from the newblood *cough* perez *cough*
    Yeah? so you dont buy lewis excuse saying he isnt comfortable with the car? i mean, it would make perfect sense.

    Whats your views on the tyres? Ruining F1 or a good spectacle? I feel F1 is joke now cos of the constant tyre management, i dont get why they are only using the amended ones during practice!?!?!? Even Nando said he isnt driving to his full capabilities.

    Yes, that was a great move by lewis, i though the had him tbh......great respectful driving!! if that was chico or roman, that would've ended up with another safety car!!
    Last edited by 33x; 06-04-2013 at 12:03.

    Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

  17. #3942
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,422
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    264,445 (888 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Yeah? so you dont buy lewis excuse saying he isnt comfortable with the car? i mean, it would make perfect sense.

    Whats your views on the tyres? Ruining F1 or a good spectacle? I feel F1 is joke now cos of the constant tyre management, i dont get why they are only using the amended ones during practice!?!?!? Even Nando said he isnt driving to his full capabilities.

    Yes, that was a great move by lewis, i though the had him tbh......great respectful driving!! if that was chico or roman, that would've ended up with another safety car!!
    i think lewis has a legitimate concern with the new style he has to drive. if you watch him in the mclaren he was on his gearbox very hard during the breaking phase. in monaco, he stayed in a high gear until he was near the apex of the corners almost.

    but yeah, he's come out saying he doesn't have confidence during the breaking phase and rightly so.

    the quality isn't that good but the sound is all you want, listen to him slowing down. he waits a long time before he starts to downshift in the merc:


    compare that to last year in the mclaren where he was downshifting as he hit the breaks:


    i'll admit, the tires are getting close to the cusp of ridiculousness. drivers now a nursing these tyres like they're their own children or something when pirelli stared they had a good formula, race hard until the tyres dropped off, pit, start all over. that doesn't seem to be the case now.
    bridgestones last year was really sad though. cars stayed in formation after the first(and only) round of stops, and that wasn't fun to watch imo
    FIA just revoked Pirelli's request to go back to last years compound if i recall correctly, so the FIA seem to be calling the shots with the tyres.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  18. Likes 33x likes this post
  19. #3943
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,484
    Rep Power
    39
    Points
    19,447 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    Pirelli have taken it a little too far i'd agree. but then the counter argument is that Ferrari aren't too bothered so why is everyone else doing so badly?

    Because Ferrari had a nice little private testing session with Pirelli outside of F1 regulations. They were chewing their tyres up just as fast if not faster than everyone else until they had that private little testing session.

    Same with Mercedes. They were having horrible tyre wear problems until their private testing session with Pirelli just before the Monoco GP.


    BTW, Mercedes is in a bit of trouble for their private testing. Ferrari used a 2011 car for their testing to get around the FIA rules, but it doesn't look like McLaren were that clever.

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013...g-fia-tribunal
    Last edited by Completely Average; 06-06-2013 at 20:59.

  20. #3944
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,422
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    264,445 (888 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    Because Ferrari had a nice little private testing session with Pirelli outside of F1 regulations. They were chewing their tyres up just as fast if not faster than everyone else until they had that private little testing session.

    Same with Mercedes. They were having horrible tyre wear problems until their private testing session with Pirelli just before the Monoco GP.


    BTW, Mercedes is in a bit of trouble for their private testing. Ferrari used a 2011 car for their testing to get around the FIA rules, but it doesn't look like McLaren were that clever.

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013...g-fia-tribunal
    Pirelli are allowed to do private testing.

    most teams have done some sort of testing with them already, Force india had one during Pirelli's first year if i recall. the regulations state that the car currently in use by the teams cannot be used for the running as it breaches other regulations set by the FIA; Mid-season testing. the Mercs for some reason got to use their 2013 car and as such they've been called before the international tribunal.
    penalties include:
    -disqualification from construtors championship
    -hefty fine
    -race ban for the team

    I wouldn't say Mercedes have fixed their problems either. Monaco isn't a track known for high tyre degradation, neither is Canada tbh.
    we'll have to wait for silverstone to see if there was any benefit to Mercedes running this years cars.

    but have you seen the back of the Ferrari? im not surprised they are as strong as they are! its a thing of beauty!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  21. #3945
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Posts
    551
    Rep Power
    11
    Points
    6,811 (0 Banked)
    The car has to be 2 seasons or older. Think the most up to date car they can currently test with is the 2011 cars. It would be a lot more sensible if Pirelli asked Dallara or another car maker not involved in F1 to make a 2013 spec car by making parts based around a mixture of teams. Like RB front wing, McLaren rear wing ect. Probably not very cost effective but it might stop this sort of thing happening.
    FIA or F1 need to do something cause how are Pirelli meant to make tyres for the 2013 season, with a car from 2011? Its going to have an exhaust blown diffuser which is now banned, making the results inaccurate and the aerodynamics have improved with the cars having more downforce.

    Surely Mercedes should get the same punishment as McLaren did with the Ferrari designs?

  22. #3946
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,422
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    264,445 (888 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Yeah? so you dont buy lewis excuse saying he isnt comfortable with the car? i mean, it would make perfect sense.

    Whats your views on the tyres? Ruining F1 or a good spectacle? I feel F1 is joke now cos of the constant tyre management, i dont get why they are only using the amended ones during practice!?!?!? Even Nando said he isnt driving to his full capabilities.

    Yes, that was a great move by lewis, i though the had him tbh......great respectful driving!! if that was chico or roman, that would've ended up with another safety car!!
    in Lewis Hamilton's latest column he's basically said what i posted more or less:

    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis Hamilton
    The braking has been a bit of a killer for me this year. It's harder to get temperature into the tyres with this car than I've experienced in the past.
    My qualifying laps haven't been that bad, but I don't think my tyres have ever been ready in the first quarter of the lap this year and a lot of time goes in that first part of the lap.
    It's definitely something I'm working on. It's not an excuse. It's just different.
    Braking is important because it is where everyone gains all the time. I've always been the latest of the late brakers, but you also have to modulate the brakes through the corner to control the car.
    If you don't have the feel you need in that control zone, then you don't have the confidence to attack the braking zones because you're worried about locking the wheels or the stopping power. And if you damage these tyres, they don't come back.
    I've been working in the simulator, using different techniques. There are a lot you can use: for example, lift and coast in a race situation, so instead of braking at 100m, you lift at 120m and brake at 80m; or later downshifts.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22809074

    Quote Originally Posted by JordieDAFC View Post
    The car has to be 2 seasons or older. Think the most up to date car they can currently test with is the 2011 cars. It would be a lot more sensible if Pirelli asked Dallara or another car maker not involved in F1 to make a 2013 spec car by making parts based around a mixture of teams. Like RB front wing, McLaren rear wing ect. Probably not very cost effective but it might stop this sort of thing happening.
    FIA or F1 need to do something cause how are Pirelli meant to make tyres for the 2013 season, with a car from 2011? Its going to have an exhaust blown diffuser which is now banned, making the results inaccurate and the aerodynamics have improved with the cars having more downforce.

    Surely Mercedes should get the same punishment as McLaren did with the Ferrari designs?
    that's way too excessive a punishment, especially since Pirelli green lit the testing irrespectively.

    the merc won't be that competitive even after the testing imo. tyre deg is only one of their issues. they start slow, and this has nothing to do with the state of the tyres. they're almost 1 second slower than those around them.

    i'd put a 50% fine on the winnings from their constructors position come years end? it would make sense as they've done something other teams would not.
    DQ'ing them is very harsh. they didn't steal secret documents like in mclarens case.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  23. #3947
    Forum Sage
    BBK..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,687
    Rep Power
    87
    Points
    37,628 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Anyone watching Practice? Paul Di Resta has found a lot of pace today!

  24. #3948
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Posts
    551
    Rep Power
    11
    Points
    6,811 (0 Banked)
    Scotland's finest

  25. #3949
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,574
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    58,488 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by JordieDAFC View Post
    Scotland's finest
    Only when he does well.

  26. #3950
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,422
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    264,445 (888 Banked)
    WHERE'S THE SODDING SUN!!!!!




    ITS BEEN PISSING DOWN ALL DAMNED YEAR!!!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.