Page 159 of 256 FirstFirst ... 149159169 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 6385
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    WHERE'S THE SODDING SUN!!!!!

ITS BEEN PISSING DOWN ALL DAMNED YEAR!!!
    The sun is in Britain right now, hottest days of the year the last 3 days.

Also can only compare 2 different cars on the same track otherwise it isnt fair comparison.
    Last edited by keefy; 06-08-2013 at 20:36.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    $#@!ing last corner, lewis would've easily of had pole.....cant see past vettel now and another 4th world title ffs

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Raikkonen and Ricciardo have penalties for tomorrow.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Oh well, i know there is 12 races to go, but it looks like it will be Sebs 4th title on the spot. FFS

By lap 2 the race was over.

Alonoso doesnt have the 1 lap qualifying pace to keep Seb honest in the race.....
    Kimi....good car, but same as above.
    Merc - fastest over 1 lap, but dont have the race pace

So there you go.....i cannot give Seb any dues, i just cant.....that car is just too dominate and i know some will say, what about MW? MW is an average driver and doesnt get the same as Seb....we all know that.

Did anyone see the Lewis and Alonso body launage in the briefing room?! They were like, "$#@! you Seb"! i dont even wanna talk to him! i dont blame them! I think deep down....NOW...they are worried. S
    Last edited by 33x; 06-10-2013 at 10:13.

Elite Member
    Seb Vettel says he will retire in 5 years, yeah right!!
    the guy will be another Schumacher an is already being like him with is attitude, his driving, an not listen to his team! yes vettel maybe a 3 time world champion but his first 1 was never worth it being a crash kid an all just to win it, the 2nd title he won was pretty fair, an the 3rd was a one of the lucky ones he has to of won,
    the guy is a right fool he doesn't care for anyone but himself, no wonder i don't like him much anymore! if he wins a forth title.
    i hope 2014 will be a new era for F1 new rules, engine changes maybe new tire manufacture if Pirelli doesn't get fired lol an maybe a new champion in 2014 i sure hope so
    f1 has gone utter rubbish it isn't racing we all use to love its pretty much tyre's tyre's tyre's im sick of it i want to see real racing, bring back the fuel pitstops, but i guess this wont happen due to safety issues or something.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Oh well, i know there is 12 races to go, but it looks like it will be Sebs 4th title on the spot. FFS

By lap 2 the race was over.

Alonoso doesnt have the 1 lap qualifying pace to keep Seb honest in the race.....
    Kimi....good car, but same as above.
    Merc - fastest over 1 lap, but dont have the race pace

So there you go.....i cannot give Seb any dues, i just cant.....that car is just too dominate and i know some will say, what about MW? MW is an average driver and doesnt get the same as Seb....we all know that.
    Go back to my comments during preseason testing and you'll see my predictions have all been spot on. Ferarri, Mercedes, and Lotus have all been faster than RBR at some point in time this season, but none of them have the consistency to do it week after week.

And I would bet money that if it was Hamilton in the RBR instead of Seb you wouldn't have the same reservations about the quality of driver despite having the exact same results. I'm certain that you never bothered watching Seb when he was at Toro Rosso, because unlike Hammy, Seb actually worked his way into a top car by having some of the most brilliant drives of his career working for a backmarker team.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    Go back to my comments during preseason testing and you'll see my predictions have all been spot on. Ferarri, Mercedes, and Lotus have all been faster than RBR at some point in time this season, but none of them have the consistency to do it week after week.

And I would bet money that if it was Hamilton in the RBR instead of Seb you wouldn't have the same reservations about the quality of driver despite having the exact same results. I'm certain that you never bothered watching Seb when he was at Toro Rosso, because unlike Hammy, Seb actually worked his way into a top car by having some of the most brilliant drives of his career working for a backmarker team.
    haha! here we go. Yes Lewis got into a good car from the off, but he didnt just got the drive, he was there from when he was a little boy. he EARNED that seat. I was well aware of Seb (with his ONE great drive in the wet) at red bulls SISTER team, but that doesnt take away that the RB8 that SEB drives, is 90% a far superior car than everyone elses and that he gets preferential treatment from the WHOLE team. No way he would be where he is now driving any other car.

I couldnt believe what i was seeing on Sunday, he was pulling away a second a lap!

Its up to the others to adapt

Im not saying Vettel is $#@!. how can i after 3 wdcs.....i just firmly believe he has the best car/team and is making the most of it

Elite Sage
    Im not saying Vettel is $#@!. how can i after 3 wdcs.....i just firmly believe he has the best car/team and is making the most of it
    Vettel does have it easy. Adrian Newey has been creating some fantastic cars as of late, and since about the 5th race into the 2010 season there hasn't been another team that can match them. Other teams have made faster cars, other teams have made cars lighter on the tyres, they've made cars that are unbeatable in Q1 yet poor in race trim. Red Bull are the only team that have brought this all together.

No doubt Vettel is a huge part of their success and when he drives on point he is a hard guy to beat - I love how at the end of races he still pushes for fastest laps. He is a racer through and through. The thing is though that he does get such obvious preferential choice over most things at RB over MW that it is kind of expected for him to do as he does. Marko Helmut has made it clear her prefers SV over MW but then again he is a 3x WDC compared to MW race wins.

I think for Vettel to really prove himself as a driver (as if his 3WDC's mean nothing) I think he needs to leave Red Bull and win another WDC somewhere else.

Vettel is a good driver, in an incredible car with and ridiculously consistent team. I'm interested to see if the rumours of Kimi being Marks replacement (if Riccardo doesn't get the seat, he's had a good start this year) are true. Will Vettel still be as dominant when he has someone like Kimi racing with/against him?

In my eyes Vettel isn't the best driver on the grid, he just has the complete winning package. For me, the best driver on the grid is Alonso followed by Hamilton and Vettel on level pegging then with Rosberg and Button in the wet.

Seeing that Vettel has signed a contract to remain at Red Bull until 2015 i doubt i'll ever see him as a true great. He is though. 3 and probably en route to your 4th WDC says it all.

9. Likes JordieDAFC, 33x likes this post
    Elite Member

haha! here we go. Yes Lewis got into a good car from the off, but he didnt just got the drive, he was there from when he was a little boy. he EARNED that seat.
    Oh pah-leeze. Hammy started at McLaren, as you said, from when he was a little boy. You can't get any more privileged than that. You tell me, what can a little boy who can barely drive do to actually EARN a seat at McLaren? Yet from day 1 in his career as a child, he had a spot at McLaren. Must have been one hell of a hard working little boy.

Or simply been a well connected little boy who got a privilege that almost no one else on earth has ever had.

I was well aware of Seb (with his ONE great drive in the wet) at red bulls SISTER team,
    See, right there shows that you either are absolutely clueless and don't know what you're talking about, or that you just hate Seb and are going to make any old bull$#@! claim to put him down.

Let's do a 2008 Toro Rosso reality check, shall we?

Monoco ---------- Qualified 18th, finished 5th
    Canada ---------- Qualified 20th, finished 8th
    Belgium ---------- Qualified 10th, finished 5th
    Italy ------------- Qualified on Pole, Won the Race in a Toro Rosso.
    Brazil ------------- Qualified 7th, finished 4th, in front of Hamilton and Alonso who both qualified higher and were in better cars.

Despite having 4 races end in mechanical failure and 6 total DNFs in the season, he still finished 8th in the points, just behind Kovalainan in the McLaren. All of this in a 3rd tier backmarker team like Toro Rosso.

Name me a current driver who has done more at an equally poor team. You can't, can you?

but that doesnt take away that the RB8 that SEB drives, is 90% a far superior car than everyone elses and that he gets preferential treatment from the WHOLE team. No way he would be where he is now driving any other car.
    And where would Hammy, Alonso, or Kimi be driving for Carterham? Last place, right?

The difference is Alonso started at Minardi. Vettel's first full season was at Toro Rosso, and Kimi started his career at Sauber while Hammy went straight to the top team in F1 at the time, McLaren.

No way would Hamilton be where he is now if he had started in a Minardi, Toro Rosso, or Sauber. He would be a backmarker that people only heard about as he was being lapped. The ONLY reason he is where he is now is because he was raised from a child at McLaren.
    Last edited by Completely Average; 06-13-2013 at 17:44.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    Oh pah-leeze. Hammy started at McLaren, as you said, from when he was a little boy. You can't get any more privileged than that. You tell me, what can a little boy who can barely drive do to actually EARN a seat at McLaren? Yet from day 1 in his career as a child, he had a spot at McLaren. Must have been one hell of a hard working little boy.

Or simply been a well connected little boy who got a privilege that almost no one else on earth has ever had.

See, right there shows that you either are absolutely clueless and don't know what you're talking about, or that you just hate Seb and are going to make any old bull$#@! claim to put him down.

Let's do a 2008 Toro Rosso reality check, shall we?

Monoco ---------- Qualified 18th, finished 5th
    Canada ---------- Qualified 20th, finished 8th
    Belgium ---------- Qualified 10th, finished 5th
    Italy ------------- Qualified on Pole, Won the Race in a Toro Rosso.
    Brazil ------------- Qualified 7th, finished 4th, in front of Hamilton and Alonso who both qualified higher and were in better cars.

Despite having 4 races end in mechanical failure and 6 total DNFs in the season, he still finished 8th in the points, just behind Kovalainan in the McLaren. All of this in a 3rd tier backmarker team like Toro Rosso.

Name me a current driver who has done more at an equally poor team. You can't, can you?

And where would Hammy, Alonso, or Kimi be driving for Carterham? Last place, right?

The difference is Alonso started at Minardi. Vettel's first full season was at Toro Rosso, and Kimi started his career at Sauber while Hammy went straight to the top team in F1 at the time, McLaren.

No way would Hamilton be where he is now if he had started in a Minardi, Toro Rosso, or Sauber. He would be a backmarker that people only heard about as he was being lapped. The ONLY reason he is where he is now is because he was raised from a child at McLaren.
    Funny how you didnt quote BBK's post, pretty much saying the same as me! Are you Subrec at all?!!? haha

So Toro Ross is Redbull sister team right? So Seb has ALWAYS been groomed from a young age just like Lewis. So your 1st paragraph is without substance.

Lewis did go into a top team, but can you honesty say that in all his years at McClaren that he had a dominate car like RB7 or RB8? Nope. Even in his rookie year or his WDC year.

Im not discounting Seb, again, ive said after 3 WDC's he is hardly $#@!, but he is also VERY privileged and VERY favored as well as being a good driver. (as well as having Newey!)

The only reason Seb is where HE is as he was ALSO GROOMED BY RED BULL FROM A YOUNG AGE AND IS THEIR GOLDEN CHILD!

Hell, Lewis had the balls to leave McClaren, Seb would never dare of leaving redbull.

fyi - i didnt know about Sebs other drives in red bull. Thanks for the info. I still stand by my, "good to great driver in the best car/team/designer"though.

Sick of people like you who never give Lewis any credit. All i said was i cant give Seb any dues......i now, begrudgingly have!

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    What did Vettel do to earn his seat? He got backing from Red Bull 2 years before Hamilton was signed by McLaren, both of them have had it easy. The only difference being McLaren don't have a development team which is basically why Hamilton went straight in at the deep end unlike Vettel. He would most likely have done the same as Hamilton if Toro Rosso wasn't there due to his performance for BMW Sauber.

If anything, Raikkonen has had it easier than both of them. Sure he's done the least amount of races out of anybody before getting into F1.

I would say that 2 of his 3 titles were down to the car, the 1st was decided on small details that could have gone either way...
    2010 - Went down to the wire and was fortunate that Alonso got stuck behind Petrov in that race.
    2011 - Newey nailed that car.
    2012 - Only really came into play after some more Newey magic from Singapore onwards.

13. Likes 33x likes this post
    Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Can't believe Mercedes got away with a reprimand, and expulsion from the YDT. There's no punishment in that for them.

Supreme Veteran
    British Grand Prix this weekend.

Huzah!
    Last edited by keefy; 06-25-2013 at 17:39.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post

Huzah!
    Most likely it will be wet :P

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post

Huzah!
    I. $#@!ING. HATE. SILVERSTONE. It's so goddamn boring!! Been 2 a few races over the years there and i refuse to go again now. I want to try and go to Spa or Monza for my next race. If i had a crazy income i'd love to go to Monte Carlo, bet it would be such an amazing atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    Most likely it will be wet :P
    This is the UK we're talking about. When isn't it wet?

Anyway, sad news. Webbo is leaving at the end of the season. It's a shame, I liked him quite a lot. He deserved to be a WDC after all of his years. Good luck to him with Porsche next season.

More importantly, who will be filling his seat? Riccardo or Kimi i think are the most likely candidates. I don't think Vettel and Kimi would do well on a team. I bet Kimi would put Seb under the pressure though.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    So you would go to Monaco for an exiting race? Ok then.... lol

Going out to Abu Dhabi for the F1 later this year, sitting at the end of the 2nd DRS zone so hopefully there will be some decent action. Might also be getting a tour of the Force India garage.

I think Kimi would unsettle Vettel as he won't have any of Vettel's antics, and he'll give him a fight on the track. The Toro Rosso drivers will be going full on from now till the end of the season. It'll be one of those 3 as they are Red Bull backed or was in Kimi's case.

Le Man's will be good next year, Audi vs Toyota vs Porsche. Its going to take a monster of a car to beat Audi

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by JordieDAFC View Post
    So you would go to Monaco for an exiting race? Ok then.... lol
    Not so much for the racing but more for the atmosphere. It's Monaco!

Going out to Abu Dhabi for the F1 later this year, sitting at the end of the 2nd DRS zone so hopefully there will be some decent action. Might also be getting a tour of the Force India garage.

I think Kimi would unsettle Vettel as he won't have any of Vettel's antics, and he'll give him a fight on the track. The Toro Rosso drivers will be going full on from now till the end of the season. It'll be one of those 3 as they are Red Bull backed or was in Kimi's case.

Le Man's will be good next year, Audi vs Toyota vs Porsche. Its going to take a monster of a car to beat Audi
    Abu Dhabi would be an amazing track to go to. I know someone who went to one of the recent races and they said it was amazing. I would also love to go to Brasil and see Sao Paulo. With the Olympics and World Cup going on in Brasil it could be a good time to go out there and have an amazing Holiday. Though Brazil is often very late in the year so it wouldn't really work.

And yeah you are right, it'll be one of them 3 that get the seat. I could see it being Kimi but to be fair to Lotus they haven't given him a reason to leave

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Not so much for the racing but more for the atmosphere. It's Monaco!

Abu Dhabi would be an amazing track to go to. I know someone who went to one of the recent races and they said it was amazing. I would also love to go to Brasil and see Sao Paulo. With the Olympics and World Cup going on in Brasil it could be a good time to go out there and have an amazing Holiday. Though Brazil is often very late in the year so it wouldn't really work.

And yeah you are right, it'll be one of them 3 that get the seat. I could see it being Kimi but to be fair to Lotus they haven't given him a reason to leave
    True :P

Brazil would be an alright place to go, although the recent riots at the CONFED cup puts me off. Its only 30 for a race only ticket at Monaco, plus a hotel and transport, but not too bad considering. Italy and Hungary aren't too bad either.

I think if there was any reason to leave it would be the crappy car development and the financial stuff that's going on there. Hopefully Ricciardo gets it or Kimi.

Or maybe Hamilton to buy out his contract at Mercedes O_o

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    this is where we will find out just how much weight vettel carries within the team. he's already chiming up about wanting input as to who his team mate will be next year, which tells me he's somewhat concerned that he won't necessarily have a webber to boss on and off the track.

if he does carry more influence than those higher up the chain of command (notably horner), it won't be kimi.

I personally hope it is, as I believe once he has settled, he will show the flaws that webber couldn't.

my gut feeling right now though says one of the drivers will be plucked from toro rosso
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    I. $#@!ING. HATE. SILVERSTONE. It's so goddamn boring!! Been 2 a few races over the years there and i refuse to go again now. I want to try and go to Spa or Monza for my next race. If i had a crazy income i'd love to go to Monte Carlo, bet it would be such an amazing atmosphere.

This is the UK we're talking about. When isn't it wet?

Anyway, sad news. Webbo is leaving at the end of the season. It's a shame, I liked him quite a lot. He deserved to be a WDC after all of his years. Good luck to him with Porsche next season.

More importantly, who will be filling his seat? Riccardo or Kimi i think are the most likely candidates. I don't think Vettel and Kimi would do well on a team. I bet Kimi would put Seb under the pressure though.
    You mean the atmosphere or the racing?

Been loads to silverstone in the Brooklands suite, this was in the 90s watchign BTCC and the various support races.
    Back then there was only 1 way in and out and it took a couple of hours to leave, it was a nightmare but I hear they have sorted it out a bit recently.
    Also Silverstone has changed alot since then and about time too, if they didnt iam sure they would have lost F1 status.
    First they removed the dog leg at brooklands by making it 1 sweeping right hander instead of 2 separate turns with a straight between them and more recently they made massive changes to half the circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by JordieDAFC View Post
    True :P

Brazil would be an alright place to go, although the recent riots at the CONFED cup puts me off. Its only 30 for a race only ticket at Monaco, plus a hotel and transport, but not too bad considering. Italy and Hungary aren't too bad either.

I think if there was any reason to leave it would be the crappy car development and the financial stuff that's going on there. Hopefully Ricciardo gets it or Kimi.

Or maybe Hamilton to buy out his contract at Mercedes O_o
    Good luck getting a hotel cheaply anywhere near the track at Monaco around the entire week F1 is there.
    Last edited by keefy; 06-28-2013 at 21:41.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    it's surprisingly not that difficult to find cheap accommodation in monaco during GP week as a lot of residents move away from the area and let their properties out. it's even cheaper up in the hills where all the B&B's are, which because of the nature of the principality, you're never really more than 50 - 100 meters away from it.

a fair chunk of people who turn up to watch the monaco GP live are doing it on a shoe-string compared to the big spenders monaco is associated with.

it's not a problem finding cheap lodgings, you just need to book way in advance and not turn up the week in question.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Elite Sage
    I'm so happy that Pirelli have made racing as exciting as they could.

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Poor Lewis Hamilton. Not the first time I've seen some guy's dreams go up in smoke thanks to a dodgy rubber.
    From Paddy Power lol

Supreme Veteran
    Good drives from Webber, Hamilton and Di resta.

The mercs look to be very competitive now.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    very exciting race this weekend!

the Mercs are coming along strong (though the high speed nature of the track probably helped them imo)

some great wheel to wheel racing seen throughout the grid, and by many drivers. many experienced hands going at it with the new blood

shame about the pirelli's though. they gunna get some heat after this....somewhat unjustly i might add as the FIA revoked their appeal to reverse to an older standard but something needs to be done about the tyres. you can't have such critical components being defective - 5 tyre failures this weekend. sadly not the first time this year either. this years pirelli is not up to the standard required for safe racing.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Thread Information