Page 161 of 254 FirstFirst ... 151161171 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 6341
    Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Man, i hate these 3 week breaks T_T

Yeah, I just want Vettel to stop having life that little bit easier. A part of me wants Kimi to get the seat as i know he has a better chance of taking it to Vettel than Ricardo does but I feel as if Ricardo deserves it more than Kimi and what good is it having a sister team if you just get drivers from elsewhere. I understand Kimi has a relationship with Red Bull from his short stint in Rally so that's why they might skip DR for him.

All i know is i'll miss Webber.

It's a shame about Cosworth. I bet you any money in the next 2 years Marussia will be a Scuderia sister team. They're already trying to groom Bianchi into a decent better driver than he is. I just see this engine move as them getting closer to acquiring them

Also, congrats on the promotion Fijian

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    thanks BBK, its a lot to take in, the forums look very different from this perspective

yeah, i'll miss Webbers straightforwardness too. its a sign im getting old when i remember that he used to drive for Minardi
    FML, i literally had snott in my nose those days

its an interesting point you bring up about Marussia though, perhaps they want to avoid an incident like what happened with vettel in future? where he's contracted to them at some point yet drives for another team (which just so happens to be beating them)

2014 is looking to be a very interesting year, thats for sure.
    Vettel gets a new team member, all cars running new engines (with turbo's), front wings are getting some gimping (iirc)...new track?

but back to this year though, next race is the mercs worst of the year. very interested to see how they've progressed since last year.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Season is done. Vettel is gonna be a 4 time world champion! Such a shame as there at least 3/4 drivers who can take it to him easily!

God damn Newey

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    where da fuq did Hamilton find that time!

thought Vettel had qualy for sure!

Mercs should do a little better here then they did in germany. simply because its hard as $#@! to overtake, and their first sector times are nearly 5 tenths better then everyone else....expect Vettel to win though as both mercs hold up everyone else T_T

Mercs need to get their $#@! together and go racing after the red bulls!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Where did THAT come from? On the hottest track i expected Lewis to go back quick, not win! i know he got a lil help from JB, but he put moves on Jb and MW. If the Merc is ok on these new tires, RB had better watch out!

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Think if Mercedes have sorted out its tyre management issues then I can't see Red Bull winning until they have some updates. Hopefully its not too late for Hamilton to mount a title challenge...

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    although it's good to see the merc on top, it was by no means a straightforward win for Hamilton.

the only place to pass is the first sector, and the Mercs were almost 5 tenths faster in that one sector alone. therein lies the problem. Hamilton got past Button with ease because of this, but Vettel, was unable to match that as he was fast around the windy bits.

Vettel was still able to pull time on the Merc, the mercs just had that cushion of some 13 secs at one point. their tyre issues are still there, it was simply masked by the track and the situation.

in another place and time, if Vettel had the lead, its would've been closer to 20 secs and holding. rather then what we saw with Vettel catching hamilton as the race progressed.

still, was a fantastic race! its good to see Hamilton get that maiden win out of the way for his new team....having that drag on would've hurt his morale.

also, i hate the summer break! 4 whole weeks of empty weekends! at least F1 returns to the sound of SPA and Monza, so some solace
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    although it's good to see the merc on top, it was by no means a straightforward win for Hamilton.

the only place to pass is the first sector, and the Mercs were almost 5 tenths faster in that one sector alone. therein lies the problem. Hamilton got past Button with ease because of this, but Vettel, was unable to match that as he was fast around the windy bits.

Vettel was still able to pull time on the Merc, the mercs just had that cushion of some 13 secs at one point. their tyre issues are still there, it was simply masked by the track and the situation.

in another place and time, if Vettel had the lead, its would've been closer to 20 secs and holding. rather then what we saw with Vettel catching hamilton as the race progressed.

still, was a fantastic race! its good to see Hamilton get that maiden win out of the way for his new team....having that drag on would've hurt his morale.

also, i hate the summer break! 4 whole weeks of empty weekends! at least F1 returns to the sound of SPA and Monza, so some solace
    It wasnt straightforward as LH made those passes on JB AND MW, SB couldnt. Even if Seb couldve got passed JB, i dont think he wouldve been able to take LH cos of their lack of straight line speed.

I do hope the W04 tyre issue are sorted now....bring on spa, my favourite track!

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    It wasnt straightforward as LH made those passes on JB AND MW, SB couldnt. Even if Seb couldve got passed JB, i dont think he wouldve been able to take LH cos of their lack of straight line speed.

I do hope the W04 tyre issue are sorted now....bring on spa, my favourite track!
    yeah, the only place to overtake is in the first sector at Hungary and the mercs had that sector down by almost half a second.

i freaking hate these breaks though

a little off topic, but Avicii's new single is out.

Lotus F1 Mix

Sig courtesy of the_jim

Elite Sage

What we should be hearing in 2014. I don't like the sound of it. I miss the sound of the V10s and i'll miss the V8 as well now

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Sound higher pitched and less harmonious due to being only 6 cyclinders. And since it is only 1600cc the cylinder capacity is also smaller down to 266cc or there abouts yet on the v8 2400cc each cylinder is 300cc.

Doesnt sound too far of a high reving VTEC at silly RPMs

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    I was pretty disappointed when I saw that video, where the hell has the anger and scream from the engine gone? V6's are what the crappy Indycars use and they sound awful.

At least the V8's still sounded like the V10's to an extent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnS9oRKaJWA

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    yeah, the V6's sound lazy

it's sort of a "do a need to rev this high" type sound
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Supreme Veteran
    They rev lower than current engines is the smaller cylinders that make it sound higher pitched.

Elite Sage
    I just don't like the sound. i know it's only really a by product of the racing but the sound matters. When i listen to this i feel like we're being cheated.

Supreme Veteran
    Imagine watching electric car races would be like.

Elite Sage
    Apart from them having awesome acceleration due to them having basically all of the power right away i can't imagine anything more boring. Imagine going to a race and not hearing anything on the starting line and then only hearing the cars roll past when they do.

It just lacks soul.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    While the sound will be pretty much gone I am actually looking forward to the Formula-E championship, it just seems too intriguing not to see the first season.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    im also curious to see the formula-E.

if it works out, all the tech they create will filter down to everyday road users. help those MPG

that aside, there's the racing that should be quite 'interesting' to watch. i can't imagine what it would be like to drive without being able to hear any roaring engines passing alongside you.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Elite Sage
    I'm sure i'll still watch the odd FE race but i can't see myself getting into it. Are any drivers confirmed? I know it is all city tracks aren't they? But you're right, FE is needed to advance electric car devlopment.

A friend of mine told me he read that Sebastian Loeb might be joining in F1 soon. I can't seem to find anything about that anywhere though. Would be interesting to see how he can handle himself in a F1 car but i wonder if he is just too old for it now?

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    That was ages ago that story, it was on Autosport where they mentioned that rumour and Loeb shot it down and said that he was going to retire a Rally driver. To be honest with his success I'm not surprised. This rumour came about simply because he tested an old F1 car for fun.

Supreme Veteran
    Webber beats Vettel in the Top Gear F1 championship.

Elite Sage
    Seems to be a bit of talk about Alonso switching to Red Bull and Kimi going back to Ferrari. I can't see it happening though i would love to see it!

In my eyes Kimi is a great driver but Alonso is that little bit better

Elite Sage

A good morning to be in work

BBK. Tapatalking.

25. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Poor Di Resta. I thought with 30 seconds left he was for sure going to get pole position.

Thread Information