Page 163 of 266 FirstFirst ... 153163173 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,075 of 6649
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Cos Webbers car aint the same!

He defo isnt a $#@! driver and him, alonso and lewis are the upper echelon of drivers, but its RB and Newey who are gifting vettel these WDC's. If any other good driver had HIS car, HIS not marks, they would do the same.

Couldnt really care less who gets the Ferrai seat......

Lewis wouldve defo fought for pole as per usual if he didnt have a "nicole" movement

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Cos Webbers car aint the same!

He defo isnt a $#@! driver and him, alonso and lewis are the upper echelon of drivers, but its RB and Newey who are gifting vettel these WDC's. If any other good driver had HIS car, HIS not marks, they would do the same.

Couldnt really care less who gets the Ferrai seat......

Lewis wouldve defo fought for pole as per usual if he didnt have a "nicole" movement
    bull$#@!

there's no conspiracy against webber, the plain and simple fact is that vettel is just that much better than him. exact same equipment, different setups, different driving styles which are better suited towards vettel.

where do you get these conspiracy theories from???
    Last edited by Surebrec; 09-09-2013 at 12:58.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec

Elite Sage
    I just think it's odd how many failures MW gets compared to SV. There's no doubt SV is the better driver though

I'm willing to bet as soon as SV has his 4th WDC in the bag he will have some 'shock' failures gifting last few races to MW.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    that's more about driving style than anything. the rest is just bad luck.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Well Red bull changed something in the gearbox on both cars and Webber's started to give way and they told him to short shift from 2-3 meaning he couldn't catch and over take Alonso.
    Vettel had an issue with 5-6 so it was less an issue really and he was so far in front.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Well Red bull changed something in the gearbox on both cars and Webber's started to give way and they told him to short shift from 2-3 meaning he couldn't catch and over take Alonso.
    Vettel had an issue with 5-6 so it was less an issue really and he was so far in front.
    Red Bull changed the exact same gears in both gearboxes. They changed same-for-same which means nothing changed in the setup, the worn parts were simply replaced with new ones.

And just to throw this out there............. Red Bull get paid depending on finishing position, right? So, why would they not want Webber to at least finish 2nd in every single race that Vettel wins and win every race that Vettel DNFs? Why would they want to lose out on the money that a 3rd, 5th, or 7th place finish gives rather than a solid 2nd? Even if they wanted to protect Vettel they could simply give Webber orders to hold 3rd place up, right? Surely Webber would follow team orders, wouldn't he?

Now, just a little history lesson here. The first time Vettel stepped foot in an F1 car in an official practice he was the fastest driver on the track, in a BMW SAUBER.

The second time Vettel was out on track in an official practice he was again the fastest car on track, again in a BMW Sauber.

The first F1 race Vettel competed in he finished 8th, in a BMW Sauber.

In his first season Vettel scored points driving for both Sauber and Toro Rosso. He finished the season 14th in the points, higher than either of the other Toro Rosso drivers and just 4 points behind Mark Webber in the RBR, despite having only raced in 7 of the 17 races for Toro Rosso and only 8 races for the entire season.

Webber raced in 10 more races in a much better car, and still only finished 4 points ahead of Vettel.

So let's dispense with this myth that he's an average driver. I've yet to see Hamilton or Alonso achieve so much in a 2nd tier backmarker team like Sauber or Toro Rosso, much less a mediocre driver like Webber.
    Last edited by Completely Average; 09-09-2013 at 22:17.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    So let's dispense with this myth that he's an average driver. I've yet to see Hamilton or Alonso achieve so much in a 2nd tier backmarker team like Sauber or Toro Rosso, much less a mediocre driver like Webber.
    hamilton has only ever driven at top tier teams. so what he can do can only be measured by his performance against his team mates. for which, he has always been the faster driver.

but both Webber and Alonso drove for Minardi. a POS bottom of the pile backmarker team only famous for shouting really loud.

Webber, managed 5th at Australia in that POS car. And alonso (like hamilton) routinely put his POS car well above its expected qualifying position, beating the benettons of the day.

Vettel, like Schumacher, has always been around lots of money. he's closer to Hamilton then he is to Alonso and Webber who have raced F1 at just about every single level on offer....and now they drive for the top teams during their twilight.

don't ignore how pathetic of a car the minardi was. it could be argued that it is the worst F1 car of the modern era.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Elite Member
    Vettel would never win without that REDBULL fact!! maybe win races without redbull but never a WDC. i can only see Vettel at redbull for at least till end of 2015! McLaren might be the way to go when they switch engine supplier in 2015 imo but with rules changes in 2014 I don't think redbull are at threat tbh. no1 knows the rule changes yet! but would F1 revert back to fueling? this would make it challenging.

Elite Sage
    Looks like kimi is back in red!

The Formula One rumour mill has gone into overdrive with many claiming Ferrari will confirm the return of Kimi Raikkonen over the next few days.Raikkonen's two-year contract with Lotus runs out at the end of the season and, although the squad want to retain his services, the Finn insists he won't even enter into negotiations until they have resolved some "issues".
    Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali also dismissed reports in Italy over the weekend that they have already made a decision on their line-up, saying: "The fact we have not decided yet means we are putting on the table all the elements.
    "And the fact we are not taking a decision from an emotional point of view is because we want to give consideration to everything."
    However, speculation is rife that Raikkonen is on the verge of returning as he has now put pen to paper.
    BBC Sport reports that 'the Finn's deal to rejoin the team for whom he won the world title in 2007 is said to have been completed on Monday and could be announced imminently'.
    Raikkonen joined Ferrari from McLaren in 2007 and he won his maiden World Championship in the same year, but he left the team and the sport at the end of 2009 to make way for Spaniard Fernando Alonso.
    Brazilian Felipe Massa will be the one to make way this time as Ferrari are eager to pair Raikkonen up with double World Champion Alonso from next year.
    It means it will be the end of the 33-year-old Massa's association with the Italian outfit which started back in 2003 when he joined as a test driver.
    Meanwhile, Alonso refused to get involved in the speculation during a Q&A on Twitter, saying: "I said yesterday to the media it's not possible for me to talk of any name for next year because I have a lot of respect for Felipe.
    "We've been working very hard and close for four years to give Ferrari the maximum.
    "Whatever decision the team will take will be good for me and we will keep working to give Ferrari the best results possible."
    http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/89...aikkonen-Soon-

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    kimi will chase alonso out of ferrari just as hamilton chased him out of mclaren.

the $#@! may very well hit the fan next season.

Elite Sage
    I wouldn't be so sure. I wouldn't want to guess at who I think is faster. One thing i do know though, Ferrari will have the best driver pairing.

What does this mean for Massa though? There aren't really any decent midfield seats left for him to pick from.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Hmmm, can Alonso really be going back to McClaren? JB aint signed nothing yet.

I cant see Alonso leaving Ferrairi

Massa? Lotus innit! or even Sauber or Force India

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Hmmm, can Alonso really be going back to McClaren? JB aint signed nothing yet.

I cant see Alonso leaving Ferrairi
    He's done a lot that makes me think Ferrari would leave him. I can't see him back at Mcclaren though

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    He's done a lot that makes me think Ferrari would leave him. I can't see him back at Mcclaren though
    But where? Redbull, Merc are tied up......

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    alonso will leave anywhere where he doesn't think he's in control, in a heartbeat. of the top 4, he is by far the weakest mentally. it's somewhat surprising that for a driver that is argued to be the best all rounder on the grid, his options could be limited if/when he does walk out on ferrari. he's done it once, and he'll do it again if he has to.

mclaren would be stupid to take him back after everything he did to them, he might have had a bit of leverage had he been 5 years younger, but he's no longer a spring chicken. at 32, the clock is ticking and that 3rd world championship looks no nearer than it did 7 years ago.

bottom line is that for his talent, he's a hired gun, there's no real loyalty in him, not that there's really much of that in any driver nowadays.

only real option for him if things don't work in his favour is go to lotus.

he won't go to red bull while vettel is there, he won't go to mecedes to be partnered with hamilton again, it will no doubt be a rocky road at ferrari in '14. if he can't prove that he is naturally faster than kimi, it might go downhill fast.

my money says lotus in '15 with a bid to build the team around him.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Quote Originally Posted by Surebrec View Post
    alonso will leave anywhere where he doesn't think he's in control, in a heartbeat. of the top 4, he is by far the weakest mentally. it's somewhat surprising that for a driver that is argued to be the best all rounder on the grid, his options could be limited if/when he does walk out on ferrari. he's done it once, and he'll do it again if he has to.

mclaren would be stupid to take him back after everything he did to them, he might have had a bit of leverage had he been 5 years younger, but he's no longer a spring chicken. at 32, the clock is ticking and that 3rd world championship looks no nearer than it did 7 years ago.

bottom line is that for his talent, he's a hired gun, there's no real loyalty in him, not that there's really much of that in any driver nowadays.

only real option for him if things don't work in his favour is go to lotus.

he won't go to red bull while vettel is there, he won't go to mecedes to be partnered with hamilton again, it will no doubt be a rocky road at ferrari in '14. if he can't prove that he is naturally faster than kimi, it might go downhill fast.

my money says lotus in '15 with a bid to build the team around him.
    Weakest mentally? Surely thats Lewis? Everyone, (even me) thinks he lets his emotions get the better of him and shows his $#@! too much and thats his only(biggest) downfall. Whereas vettel dont show nothing other than air!

Ive always found Alonso smart, clever and mentally tough.

Well....then he will have to put up with a equal for a season then!!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    hamilton's problem is that he lets outside distractions take his eye off the ball. if he spent less time trying to be a wannabe rap star, kicked nicole into touch once and for all, and focused more on driving cars, he's as mentally stong as anyone on the grid.

alonso on the other hand starts throwing his rattle out of the pram whenever things don't go to his liking. if he thought it was bad at monza during qualifying, it will be worse next year.

alonso is smart yeah clever, of course, but mentally tough? hardly. in my opinion, if he had the mentality to match raikkonen and hamilton, he'd be untouchable.

Elite Sage
    Speaking of Alonso and Vettel... I'm sure if you watched the race you would've heard Alonso complain about the flashing light on the back of the RBR? This was said during the post race interview

The red flashing rainlights of both Red Bulls were on, signifying the softer, slower gearchanges of the wet-weather map – just to keep the strain off the transmissions as much as possible.

Wily old Alonso, upon seeing Vettel's light, understood its significance and was soon radioing in that the light was distracting him – for the benefit of the race director who doubtless shook his head in amusement. "What?" said an amused Vettel upon hearing of this in the press conference. "You complained about the red light?"

"Well, yeah," answered Alonso. "It was disturbing a little bit. Obviously it's a very strong light with no rain."

"It's not as strong as [the light in this room]," countered a disbelieving Vettel.

"Sebastian's not used to having a car in front so he doesn't know how it feels when you are behind and it's always flashing," explained Alonso. "Sometimes you just have to touch a button by mistake and it comes on so I was asking if he could switch. So the whole race I had it flashing in my eyes."

"Yes, I was trying to get away from you so that it wouldn't be disturbing you so much," closed Vettel. Even his comic timing was perfect.

Alonso had surely been trying to get the more aggressive shift map imposed back upon the Red Bull, a little illustration of his relentless tenacity.
    Seen here
    Original Source

Say what you will about Vettel but out of all the drivers on the grid he comes across like a good dude with a decent sense of humou.. And I don't like him all that much
    Last edited by BBK..; 09-10-2013 at 17:00.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Alonso the mogwai "bright light, bright light"

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Speaking of Alonso and Vettel... I'm sure if you watched the race you would've heard Alonso complain about the flashing light on the back of the RBR? This was said during the post race interview

Seen here
    Original Source

Say what you will about Vettel but out of all the drivers on the grid he comes across like a good dude with a decent sense of humou.. And I don't like him all that much
    he does.

I'm not a fan of his so much, but I can see the talent, and I can see that he isn't as arrogant as many people make out.

he's in the best car on the grid, with a team mate he can boss, that's not his fault. the only drivers he has truly been measured against are bourdais and webber, so there is an unknown quantity to actually just how good he is.

it was funny watching him troll the tifosi after the race though when they were booing him. +1 to him for doing that at monza.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    i dont hate vettel, i know he is a nice guy and well liked around the paddock......

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    massa's out

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Alonso to leave F1 altogether and become a full time cyclist in the team he bought. :P

Elite Member
    So Kimi back to Ferrari!!! now get Di Resta in that Lotus

Thread Information