Latest PSU headlines:

Page 166 of 238 FirstFirst ... 156166176 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 5939
    Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    God damnit!

I recorded the full race off Sky and hadn't touched tV or internet since waking up, had some lunch and got a couple of beers out the fridge and sat down to watch the recording at around 3pm.
    Turned the TV on and what do I see? The end of the highlights on BBC 1 showing Vettel as the winner. FARRRRKKKK Queue.

Webbers bad luck keeps getting worse.
    Di Resta bins it again nd fails to finish.

infiniti sponsor redbull, its full title is "infiniti redbull racing"

http://www.infiniti-redbullracing.com
    Last edited by keefy; 10-07-2013 at 23:44.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Whats the point!?

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Forum Sage

De Villota found dead, aged 33

Former Marussia test driver Maria de Villota has been found dead in a hotel room in Seville, Spain.
    The 33-year-old Spaniard's family broke the news on her Facebook page on Friday morning.
    "Dear friends, Maria has gone," read the message. "She had to go to heaven like all the angels.
    "We thank God for the extra year and a half that He left her with us."
    De Villota was reportedly in Seville this week to launch her autobiography "Life is a gift."
    She wrote the book after suffering life-changing injuries in a testing crash with Marussia last year.
    De Villota sustained a serious head injury and also lost her right eye.
    Our thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends.
    Source

Such a shame. at one stage she looked like a serious contender to become the first female F1 driver.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Oh it was the one who lost her eye last year.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Source

Such a shame. at one stage she looked like a serious contender to become the first female F1 driver.
    there have been female F1 drivers before.

none the less, it's tragic.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Forum Sage

Oh really? A quick wiki tells me you are right. I always thought it was between her and Susie Wolff for the title of first female driver.

But yeah, 33 is hardly old. Wonder how it happened.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Oh really? A quick wiki tells me you are right. I always thought it was between her and Susie Wolff for the title of first female driver.

But yeah, 33 is hardly old. Wonder how it happened.
    Tis been linked to the injuries she sustained in the crash which initially cost her the eye.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    So it's India this weekend, who's tuning in?

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Nope, Done with it till the other teams catch up and can compete with Adrian Newey the Rb7 that seb is lucky enough to drive

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Nope, Done with it till the other teams catch up and can compete with Adrian Newey the Rb7 that seb is lucky enough to drive
    That's not going to happen then lol, think everyone has given up the chase and are now just focusing on next year!

Forum Sage

Eh, I'll watch it. Not looking forward to finger boy winning. Hopefully Maldonado can take one for the grid and crash into seb for the next few remaining races.

12. Likes 33x likes this post
    Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Eh, I'll watch it. Not looking forward to finger boy winning. Hopefully Maldonado can take one for the grid and crash into seb for the next few remaining races.
    Yeah I can't see it happening though lol, think I might tip Webber this weekend, would be nice to see him win at least one more before he leaves at the end of the season!
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Elite Member
    So since Kettel is still steaming an gonna become a 4th WDC I couldn't care in a world if he won it wouldn't mean anything last year Alonso won it in my eyes Vettel will never be liked until he is in another car an wins it that way only true champions are made that way.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    So since Kettel is still steaming an gonna become a 4th WDC I couldn't care in a world if he won it wouldn't mean anything last year Alonso won it in my eyes Vettel will never be liked until he is in another car an wins it that way only true champions are made that way.
    There is a lot of hate for Vettel and although I am not a massive fan of the bloke you can't blame him for doing what he loves and the reason why any driver wants to be in Formula 1, car advantage or not!!

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    Vettel has already won in another car. He's the youngest driver in F1 to have wins with 2 different teams.

Let's be honest here. You just don't like Vettel. It doesn't matter what he achieves, you're just going to hate him and claim other drivers are better even when it's proven they are worse.

Let's take Alonso for example.

Alonso's first season out he finished BEHIND his teammate. In fact, out of the drivers that raced the full season that year Alonso finished dead last and the only ones who were ranked lower only raced in 4 races. When Alonso moved to McLaren he was easily beaten on track by Lewis Hamilton, and it's only because Hamilton made two MASSIVE rookie mistakes that Lewis wasn't WDC that year with Alonso in 3rd.

Alonso has never beaten a quality teammate in the same car. He has only ever been successful when paired with another driver who was clearly inferior.

Now, Vettel started out as a BMW-Sauber test driver where he routinely set faster lap times than Saubers two regular drivers. Vettels first season racing he scored points in both the Sauber and the Toro Rosso in the same season. Also, despite having only raced in 8 races that season he still finished just 4 points behind Mark Webber who spent the full 17 races in the Red Bull. In Vettel's second season he scored his first win and the only win Toro Rosso has ever had. Vettel also scored the first ever win for Red Bull the next year, despite Webber having driven the Red Bull for 3 years prior to that.

Vettel has scored points for 3 different teams and won races for 2 different teams. He's given both Toro Rosso and Red Bull their first ever F1 wins. He's NEVER finished a single season behind a teammate in points.

And for the record, Hamilton finished behind Button in 2011, Alonso finished behind Hamilton in 2007 and behind Marques in 2001. And Kimi finished behind Massa in 2008.
    Last edited by Completely Average; 10-24-2013 at 18:50.

Dedicated Member

Oh, and the current news is the India F1 GP may be cancelled. Seems the race promoters didn't pay their taxes last year and a judge MIGHT grant an injunction that would prevent the race from taking place until after the taxes are paid.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20131024/F1/131029908

If the race is cancelled the Vettel is the automatic winner of the WDC. Alonso has to have 4 wins with Vettel scoring no more than 9 points to be WDC.
    Last edited by Completely Average; 10-24-2013 at 18:56.

Forum Sage

Yeah, Vettel has wrapped this season up.

Bring on next year. I want to see if there are any fireworks are Ferrari

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    Vettel has already won in another car. He's the youngest driver in F1 to have wins with 2 different teams.

Let's be honest here. You just don't like Vettel. It doesn't matter what he achieves, you're just going to hate him and claim other drivers are better even when it's proven they are worse.

Alonso's first season out he finished BEHIND his teammate. In fact, out of the drivers that raced the full season that year Alonso finished dead last and the only ones who were ranked lower only raced in 4 races. When Alonso moved to McLaren he was easily beaten on track by Lewis Hamilton, and it's only because Hamilton made two MASSIVE rookie mistakes that Lewis wasn't WDC that year with Alonso in 3rd.

Alonso has never beaten a quality teammate in the same car. He has only ever been successful when paired with another driver who was clearly inferior.

Now, Vettel started out as a BMW-Sauber test driver where he routinely set faster lap times than Saubers two regular drivers. Vettels first season racing he scored points in both the Sauber and the Toro Rosso in the same season. Also, despite having only raced in 8 races that season he still finished just 4 points behind Mark Webber who spent the full 17 races in the Red Bull. In Vettel's second season he scored his first win and the only win Toro Rosso has ever had. Vettel also scored the first ever win for Red Bull the next year, despite Webber having driven the Red Bull for 3 years prior to that.

Vettel has scored points for 3 different teams and won races for 2 different teams. He's given both Toro Rosso and Red Bull their first ever F1 wins. He's NEVER finished a single season behind a teammate in points.

And for the record, Hamilton finished behind Button in 2011, Alonso finished behind Hamilton in 2007 and behind Marques in 2001. And Kimi finished behind Massa in 2008.
    you're like a broken record with that $#@!, you seriously need to let it go.

edit/

which can also be argued against vettel
    Last edited by Surebrec; 10-24-2013 at 21:38.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    No surprises who was fastest in FP1

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110839

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    And no surprise for FP2 either, think it's the pattern for the whole weekend

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110844

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack

God damn your boring us all now! We all KNOW you love Vettel and good for you, but no matter how good he is or you think he is, he will always have his detractors when he has the a VASTILY superior car then EVERYONE

You keep going on about when was at Toro Ross which is irrelevant! And also, your long ass posts are full of flaws!

Re this weekend, after FP1 AND 2 i wont bother to watch the GP this weekend!

Forum Sage

I wouldn't want to comment who is the best out of Alonso Hamilton and Vettel. Kimi is a not so distant 4th.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Re this weekend, after FP1 AND 2 i wont bother to watch the GP this weekend!
    I don't blame you, I will still watch it because I love the sport but it looks like a Vettel white wash this weekend, can't see anything happening in order for him to have to wait till Abu Dhabi!

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Hmm looks like it might not be as straight forward for Vettel as we first thought:

(source: Autosport)

Red Bull's pace in Friday practice in India was ominous, but the team struggled with the graining of its softer tyres. MARK HUGHES analyses its chances against the chasing pack

Bringing the medium and soft combination to India was a bold move by Pirelli, effectively two steps softer than last year's choice. The evidence of Friday suggests that this has been enough to tip the option tyre into marginal territory - but marginal only becomes critical on the car with the most downforce, i.e. the Red Bull.

Both Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber struggled with huge wear of the front-right, with Vettel returning after three laps, Webber after four, each with that tyre in shreds. On the harder tyre, the RB9s were very fast, although even then there was a graining period to get through before the tyre stabilised.

Other teams, running cars with so much less downforce, were managing to make the softs last just fine, with a bit of careful management from the drivers. Ferrari's Fernando Alonso, for example, completed a 14-lap run on the option tyre at the end of which he was lapping very competitively. The graining period lasted for around five laps, during which time he was losing around 1.5s per lap, but thereafter he was consistently very quick.

Mercedes' Nico Rosberg did a decent nine-lap run on the option, though his average was around one second slower than Alonso's. Lotus appeared to be struggling to make the soft last - but not to the severe extent of Red Bull. Romain Grosjean was in after just four laps, Kimi Raikkonen after seven much slower laps.

On the harder medium tyre, Grosjean was Red Bull-fast, completing a long run with an average of 1m30.9s – near enough the same as Vettel's (admittedly slightly longer) run and quicker than Webber's. But Lotus does not have anything like Red Bull's single-lap pace – to the tune of around half-a-second.

Lotus, Mercedes and Ferrari look quite closely matched on one-lap pace. Ferrari was able to do a sensible-length stint on the option, more so than Mercedes or, especially, Lotus. But on the prime the Merc was lagging around 0.3s adrift of the Lotus. Ferrari's true pace on the prime was not clear; only Felipe Massa made a long run on them and suffered a long graining period. Once through that, it looked on a similar level to Mercedes.

All of which leaves the strategy game very interestingly poised. Two-stop strategies look to be favourite – but those qualifying in Q3 on the option tyre could be consigned to such a short opening stint that they fall into heavy traffic upon rejoining.

This would be easy if everyone was in the same boat, but some cars – notably the Ferraris – can apparently run a decently long stint on the options. Alonso's long-run pace was decent

So if Red Bull wear on the option tyre remains high into Saturday, might it be tempted to qualify in Q3 on the prime tyre – around one second slower than the option – and accept a second/third row starting position?

Fitted with a long top gear and low wings, it could then surge through the field, come in for another set of primes and a final – very short – stint on the options. Lotus might just be fast enough to make that a difficult thing for Red Bull to pull off.

Red Bull's alternative would be to just accept the difficult traffic positioning after the first stop and then simply use its raw pace to claw back the time lost. This could be an interesting one.

Elite Member
    I see that vettel already won his 4th unless there a mechanical failure, a puncture wont do no good he got the car to need to finish where he needs to be a puncture just will slow him down he faster than any other car on the track so I think he come back from a puncture tbh.

Thread Information