Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Going to back Grosjean this weekend, think he will take his first win:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111021
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    I don't think I ever will rate him above Lewis or Alonso but there is no denying the guys talent. 4 consecutive WDCs is no small feat.
    I always giggle at comments like that.

Let's see, in identical cars, Alonso has been beaten by TWO previous teammates. Marques in his rookie season, and Hamilton in 2007.

In identical cars Hamilton was beaten by Button in 2011.

In identical cars Raikonnen was beaten by Massa in 2008.

Vettel has NEVER been beaten by a teammate. Not even in his first year when Vettel only raced in 8 races and Liuzzi raced in all 18. And in 2009 in his first year at Red Bull, Vettel managed to come in 2nd in the WDC, beating Barichello in the double diffuser equipped Brawn, despite having more DNFs than any other driver down to 8th place.

I would honestly love to see Alonso and Hamilton spend a year or two in the Toro Rosso. See if they can match Vettel's achievements in the same car. Any good driver can win in the best car on the field, let's see if Alonso or Hamilton could put a Toro Rosso on the pole and win with it.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Another good win for Vettel this weekend, no one could match him and his pace was outstanding!

Was hoping Grosjean would finish higher up but another positive race for him!

Only 2 more races to go and I think Vettel will win both of them, would be nice to see Webber win one but he just needs everything to fall in to place!

Need this season to be over with now, glad there is not too many more races to go, roll on next year!!

Forum Sage

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post

Let's see, in identical cars, Alonso has been beaten by TWO previous teammates. Marques in his rookie season, and Hamilton in 2007.

Vettel has NEVER been beaten by a teammate. Not even in his first year when Vettel only raced in 8 races and Liuzzi raced in all 18. And in 2009 in his first year at Red Bull, Vettel managed to come in 2nd in the WDC, beating Barichello in the double diffuser equipped Brawn, despite having more DNFs than any other driver down to 8th place.

I would honestly love to see Alonso and Hamilton spend a year or two in the Toro Rosso. See if they can match Vettel's achievements in the same car. Any good driver can win in the best car on the field, let's see if Alonso or Hamilton could put a Toro Rosso on the pole and win with it.
    I didn't say he wasn't as good. I just don't rate him higher. When you have a car as good as him there's no reason he shouldn't dominate as he is now. Especially when you consider how good of a driver he is.
    Vettel hasn't ever had to drive with a team mate the same calibre as him. Ever.

The last race I can think of where he had to race against a car as good as his was Austin last year. Remember the pressure Hamilton put on him until he eventually passed him (and Vettel then had a little cry).

There's no doubt in my mind that Vettel has an insane amount of talent, anyone who says otherwise is a liar and isn't giving him the credit he deserves but people can see that it is also a big part of the car he has. As happy as I am seeing Kimi going to Ferrari I would've loved it if he would've went to Red Bull. Would've been Vettel's first true test of a strong team mate. I would've loved it even more if he was paired with Hamilton or Alonso.

Regarding this weekend. Another perfect dominant display but the 4 time champ. looks like me might make history for most consecutive race wins. Vettel looks like he might go after Schumi's record, looks like it can be easily done now.

Grosjean's turnaround this season has been nothing short of amazing. I've read that Lotus have sorted out their financial woes so hopefully they'll no longer consider signing Malonado and take Hulkenberg for their second seat. If that's true then Lotus will have a very good pairing come next year. Not sure where this leaves Massa though. Willams or Sauber?

Next year will be interesting for sure. Ferrari and Mercedes both have strong line ups and with the news of the Mercedes engine looking to be something spectacular they have no excuse not to take some serious points away from Red Bull. I'm hoping Ricardo will be able to get up to speed quickly though.

It's going to be an amazing year that is for sure!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post

I always giggle at the same meaningless waffle you post every week.

unlike you, I'm not into the habit of repeating myself, however:

just to add a bit of balance to your heavily biased bull$#@!. the fact that Alonso finished below marques is meaningless. the real focus should be that alosno outqualified marques on all but 2 occasions, and effectively retired marques because of it, despite the massive gulf in experience that existed between the 2.

with regards to Alonso vs Hamilton, Hamilton beat him on countback, he didn't exactly blow him away as you seem to be intent on making out. what is impressive, is that it was Hamilton's first season, nevertheless, it was a practically even season between the 2.

onto Hamilton vs button. as much as I am a fan of button, I cannot in all fairness put him on a par with Hamilton, and exceptional circumstances were as much to blame for Hamilton finishing below button as anything, if not more so. Hamilton, with his head in the game, without distractions off track would be too much for button to deal with.

now to your comments about kimi. his one true flaw is that when he loses interest in something, he loses interest completely. that is what happened in 2008. he became disillusioned with F1 and as a result, his performances suffered. there's nothing more to it than that, it's kind of pathetic that you are scraping that low to be honest.

you keep going back to vettel being the only one not to have been beaten by a team mate, but in all honesty, as usual, you are only focusing on the one less important side of things, and as such, are not being entirely truthful.

in the 4 races liuzzi and vettel competed against each other, liuzzi outperformed him 3-1. no matter what excuses you want to cunjour up to counter this, it's fact. liuzzi outperformed him not only in the races themselves, but generally also in practice and qualifying.

you seriously need to stop focusing on who finished where in the championship table, it'smeaningless when you are comparing drivers at the fringes of scoring points,driver vs driver performances are more important.

and the results you are choosing to neglect are that in 2001, Alonso outqualifiled marques in all but 2 races, and finished ahead of him in the races they both managed to complete. the only (very weak) criteria that resulted in marques finishing above Alonso is that he scored the higher finishes during the season, which both coincidentally occurred when alosno himself had retired. piss-weak statistic to base an argument on really.

I've already mentioned liuzzi outperforming vettel 3-1, so no need to circle back to that.

rather than wanting to see Alonso, Hamilton etc spend a year in toro rosso, why not want to see them partner vettel in a red bull instead like pretty much everyone else wants? maybe they would knock a bit of the sheen off his achievements the way webber has clearly not been good enough to do. he sure as hell wouldn't be as dominant over them as he has been over webber, a driver who you yourself have claimed to be nothing more than "mediocre".

vettel has the distinction of never being beaten in the championship because in all fairness, the only person he has had to contend with, has been webber, a driver who wasn't the best by a long shot when he was in his prime, none-the-less a driver in his late 30's whose best days are well past him. he's had the luxury of having the best car for at least 3 if not all 4 of his championships, and hasn't been tested against the likes of Alonso, Hamilton, raikkonen etc.

you can choose to bury your head in the sand and totally neglect to acknowledge the other statistics I have added to your heavily biased, one sided anti-Alonso, anti- Hamilton, anti-kimi & heavily pro-vettel propaganda if you choose to, I mean, let's be honest, it's not the first time it will have happened.

having said all that, I'll give you the usual week you seem to take to lie low after posting your reapetitive diatribe, and I will check back later to see you post what could be in effect just your typical copied and pasted rant against everyone that isn't vettel.

incidentally, I found it quite interesting that with webber still being in with a shot of finishing 3rd in the championships, they didn't tell vettel to back off and let webber take the remaining wins, not that many people would have been deluded enough to think that either they would, or that vettel would honour their requests. if nothing else this season, abu dhabi has made it clearer to me that webber is, and always has been expendable within red bull. anyone that says there is no favouritism at red bull seriously needs a reality check if even when their first driver has wrapped the title up, their focus doesn't change to getting their second driver as high in the championship as they can.
    a
    it's common practice, even when team orders were outolawed.

god help ricciardo next season, because apart from being younger, I get the feeling he is going to be the new, yet same breed of aussie lamb that is fed to the lion.
    Last edited by Surebrec; 11-04-2013 at 12:18.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

7. Likes Varsh , 33x likes this post
    Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Quote Originally Posted by Surebrec View Post
    I always giggle at the same meaningless waffle you post every week.

unlike you, I'm not into the habit of repeating myself, however:

just to add a bit of balance to your heavily biased bull$#@!. the fact that Alonso finished below marques is meaningless. the real focus should be that alosno outqualified marques on all but 2 occasions, and effectively retired marques because of it, despite the massive gulf in experience that existed between the 2.

with regards to Alonso vs Hamilton, Hamilton beat him on countback, he didn't exactly blow him away as you seem to be intent on making out. what is impressive, is that it was Hamilton's first season, nevertheless, it was a practically even season between the 2.

onto Hamilton vs button. as much as I am a fan of button, I cannot in all fairness put him on a par with Hamilton, and exceptional circumstances were as much to blame for Hamilton finishing below button as anything, if not more so. Hamilton, with his head in the game, without distractions off track would be too much for button to deal with.

now to your comments about kimi. his one true flaw is that when he loses interest in something, he loses interest completely. that is what happened in 2008. he became disillusioned with F1 and as a result, his performances suffered. there's nothing more to it than that, it's kind of pathetic that you are scraping that low to be honest.

you keep going back to vettel being the only one not to have been beaten by a team mate, but in all honesty, as usual, you are only focusing on the one less important side of things, and as such, are not being entirely truthful.

in the 4 races liuzzi and vettel competed against each other, liuzzi outperformed him 3-1. no matter what excuses you want to cunjour up to counter this, it's fact. liuzzi outperformed him not only in the races themselves, but generally also in practice and qualifying.

you seriously need to stop focusing on who finished where in the championship table, it'smeaningless when you are comparing drivers at the fringes of scoring points,driver vs driver performances are more important.

and the results you are choosing to neglect are that in 2001, Alonso outqualifiled marques in all but 2 races, and finished ahead of him in the races they both managed to complete. the only (very weak) criteria that resulted in marques finishing above Alonso is that he scored the higher finishes during the season, which both coincidentally occurred when alosno himself had retired. piss-weak statistic to base an argument on really.

I've already mentioned liuzzi outperforming vettel 3-1, so no need to circle back to that.

rather than wanting to see Alonso, Hamilton etc spend a year in toro rosso, why not want to see them partner vettel in a red bull instead like pretty much everyone else wants? maybe they would knock a bit of the sheen off his achievements the way webber has clearly not been good enough to do. he sure as hell wouldn't be as dominant over them as he has been over webber, a driver who you yourself have claimed to be nothing more than "mediocre".

vettel has the distinction of never being beaten in the championship because in all fairness, the only person he has had to contend with, has been webber, a driver who wasn't the best by a long shot when he was in his prime, none-the-less a driver in his late 30's whose best days are well past him. he's had the luxury of having the best car for at least 3 if not all 4 of his championships, and hasn't been tested against the likes of Alonso, Hamilton, raikkonen etc.

you can choose to bury your head in the sand and totally neglect to acknowledge the other statistics I have added to your heavily biased, one sided anti-Alonso, anti- Hamilton, anti-kimi & heavily pro-vettel propaganda if you choose to, I mean, let's be honest, it's not the first time it will have happened.

having said all that, I'll give you the usual week you seem to take to lie low after posting your reapetitive diatribe, and I will check back later to see you post what could be in effect just your typical copied and pasted rant against everyone that isn't vettel.

incidentally, I found it quite interesting that with webber still being in with a shot of finishing 3rd in the championships, they didn't tell vettel to back off and let webber take the remaining wins, not that many people would have been deluded enough to think that either they would, or that vettel would honour their requests. if nothing else this season, abu dhabi has made it clearer to me that webber is, and always has been expendable within red bull. anyone that says there is no favouritism at red bull seriously needs a reality check if even when their first driver has wrapped the title up, their focus doesn't change to getting their second driver as high in the championship as they can.
    a
    it's common practice, even when team orders were outlawed.

god help ricciardo next season, because apart from being younger, I get the feeling he is going to be the new lamb that is fed to the lion.
    Wow someone has been doing their homework, good argument!!

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    I love Sub now, just for the fact he ALWAYS ENDS completely average over and over!!!!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    I love Sub now, just for the fact he ALWAYS ENDS completely average over and over!!!!
    What do you mean?

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    What do you mean?
    He always gives a comprehensive rebuttal to CA aka a verbal ass whopping and he is right!

CA is truly blinded by Vettel and gives no credit anyone else.
    Last edited by 33x; 11-04-2013 at 12:53.

Forum Sage

This must be one of the most under-read (big page count but it's the same 10 posters usually) threads on PSU yet it is always filled with fireworks

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    He always gives a comprehensive rebuttal to CA aka a verbal ass whopping and he is right!

CA is truly blinded by Vettel and gives no credit anyone else.
    Yeah I see what you mean now lol. Surebrec is not saying that Vettel isn't great but CA still seems to think he is!

Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    This must be one of the most under-read (big page count but it's the same 10 posters usually) threads on PSU yet it is always filled with fireworks
    This is where it's all at lol, I am not surprised though F1 fans can be as argumentative as Football fans especially when trying to prove a point about a team or driver!
    Last edited by Duffman; 11-04-2013 at 13:04.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Wow when I poke my head in this thread once in a blue moon it's always nice to see someone that actually has said exactly what I was thinking. I've been having this argument with a Vettel fan recently and they've all neglected the fact that the RBR is just in a completely different league.

A few things to keep in mind though:
    • 2009 When Button won the title it was in the first half of the season, after that first half when the double diffusers were outlawed, Brawn GP were having a lot of difficulties with balance on the car and RBR suddenly were inherently faster, if it wasn't for Webber and Vettel taking each other out then Vettel would've won that season.
    • 2010 Vettel won his first championship luckily, while Alonso was consistent with a car that was clearly second best at Ferrari, the RBR was again supreme (carried on from the final half of 2009). The DNFs was again because of Webber or engine failure but otherwise he would've easily won the championship earlier, Alonso simply lost because of traffic on the last few laps. Hamo would've been up there too if it wasn't for 4 car failures, in fact he probably would've won it.
    • 2011 was where RBR had so much flex in the front wing and a crazy ride height that it made their car untouchable, not to mention the dodgy exhaust system but the FiA wouldn't have anything of it and let it slide. But that RBR was insane and could never be caught.
    • 2012 was a pretty poor Ferrari driven again by Alonso that should've and would've won the title if RBR halfway through the season didn't complain so much about DRS and the off-throttle blown diffusers that were made illegal. Once that happened then RBR were in another league again.
    • This year and the same thing happens again, sure at Silverstone the tyres failed like crazy but once the tyre changed to a carcass (at RBRs request) guess what happened? Well Vettel won his fourth title.

Now don't get me wrong I think Vettel is a fantastic driver but I really don't like him and despite his records and what they say on the BBC and Sky, it's not the driver but it's the car clearly. RBR seem to be manipulating the rules to suit them and gain an unprecedented advantage. F(errari)iA? Not anymore.

IMHO Alonso is clearly the best driver on the grid, he's able to bring an average or crappy Ferrari race after race on the podium, it should never be even close and yet he can seem to do it with ease. Hamilton is much the same too though the Mercedes is mostly built around Rosberg this season, next season will be very different.

In fact that's one thing that will be interesting is next season, the rule changes are so big that this is where RBR is going to be properly tested. I get the feeling Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes and Williams (you heard it here first!) are going to do something quite different.

15. Likes BBK.. likes this post
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Lol, me and sub used to go at it HARD a few seasons ago!! Now i dont $#@! with him!!

IMho, Lewis (if not for the DNFs that were no fault of his and other Mclaren $#@! ups) wouldve had his 2nd WDC last season

Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    Wow when I poke my head in this thread once in a blue moon it's always nice to see someone that actually has said exactly what I was thinking. I've been having this argument with a Vettel fan recently and they've all neglected the fact that the RBR is just in a completely different league.

A few things to keep in mind though:
    • 2009 When Button won the title it was in the first half of the season, after that first half when the double diffusers were outlawed, Brawn GP were having a lot of difficulties with balance on the car and RBR suddenly were inherently faster, if it wasn't for Webber and Vettel taking each other out then Vettel would've won that season.
    • 2010 Vettel won his first championship luckily, while Alonso was consistent with a car that was clearly second best at Ferrari, the RBR was again supreme (carried on from the final half of 2009). The DNFs was again because of Webber or engine failure but otherwise he would've easily won the championship earlier, Alonso simply lost because of traffic on the last few laps. Hamo would've been up there too if it wasn't for 4 car failures, in fact he probably would've won it.
    • 2011 was where RBR had so much flex in the front wing and a crazy ride height that it made their car untouchable, not to mention the dodgy exhaust system but the FiA wouldn't have anything of it and let it slide. But that RBR was insane and could never be caught.
    • 2012 was a pretty poor Ferrari driven again by Alonso that should've and would've won the title if RBR halfway through the season didn't complain so much about DRS and the off-throttle blown diffusers that were made illegal. Once that happened then RBR were in another league again.
    • This year and the same thing happens again, sure at Silverstone the tyres failed like crazy but once the tyre changed to a carcass (at RBRs request) guess what happened? Well Vettel won his fourth title.

Now don't get me wrong I think Vettel is a fantastic driver but I really don't like him and despite his records and what they say on the BBC and Sky, it's not the driver but it's the car clearly. RBR seem to be manipulating the rules to suit them and gain an unprecedented advantage. F(errari)iA? Not anymore.

IMHO Alonso is clearly the best driver on the grid, he's able to bring an average or crappy Ferrari race after race on the podium, it should never be even close and yet he can seem to do it with ease. Hamilton is much the same too though the Mercedes is mostly built around Rosberg this season, next season will be very different.

In fact that's one thing that will be interesting is next season, the rule changes are so big that this is where RBR is going to be properly tested. I get the feeling Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes and Williams (you heard it here first!) are going to do something quite different.

ferrari, mclaren and williams?

What about Mercedes?

Alonso.....hmmm, as good as he is, he is not the FASTEST driver......still rate him very highly though.
    Last edited by 33x; 11-04-2013 at 13:10.

Forum Sage

Yeah, Lewis should've had last year in the bag really.

But Varsh... Williams? I don't see them getting back to their glory days just yet. Not with that donkey, Maldonado, at the wheel

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    I've already mentioned Mercedes (stealth edit ). :P

Williams aren't going to have Maldonado as I reckon he's going to Lotus, Massa on the other hand I think will go to Williams which will be a big boost.

Agreed that Alonso isn't the fastest driver but one thing's for sure is that he's easily the most complete driver on the grid. I've always been a Button fan though.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Williams I think need another year and a decent driver before getting back to their glory days, sure Maldonado had a race win last year but since then his races have been very hit and miss! If Massa does go to Williams next season and they can supply him with a half decent car then MAYBE he could do something with it but don't think he will challenge for the title!

It will depend quite a lot on the engine next year and who produces the best and most reliable power plant, in that case I think anything with a Mercedes engine in next year will be the best challenger for the title with Renault powered cars not far behind. Not seen much of the Ferrari engine at this stage so can't really comment on theirs!

Forum Sage

I've already mentioned Mercedes (stealth edit ). :P

Williams aren't going to have Maldonado as I reckon he's going to Lotus, Massa on the other hand I think will go to Williams which will be a big boost.

Agreed that Alonso isn't the fastest driver but one thing's for sure is that he's easily the most complete driver on the grid. I've always been a Button fan though.
    Well seeing as Lotus have solved their financial problems I really hope they don't sign Maldonado. I'd much prefer them to take Hulkenberg over him or if not Nico then Massa. Massa has been talking to Williams though so it is a potential move (though he said he wont go some where without a competitive drive). I hope he finds a seat somewhere. He deserves it.

I agree though, for me Alonso is the best driver on the grid no question. With Hamilton, Vettel and Kimi just behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    Williams I think need another year and a decent driver before getting back to their glory days, sure Maldonado had a race win last year but since then his races have been very hit and miss! If Massa does go to Williams next season and they can supply him with a half decent car then MAYBE he could do something with it but don't think he will challenge for the title!

It will depend quite a lot on the engine next year and who produces the best and most reliable power plant, in that case I think anything with a Mercedes engine in next year will be the best challenger for the title with Renault powered cars not far behind. Not seen much of the Ferrari engine at this stage so can't really comment on theirs!
    I really dislike Maldonado. I don't know why but he just rubs me the wrong way.

I'm glad we have rule changes next year. Should really switch things up

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Mercedes engines are definitely going to be superior over the competition, to be honest they already are still but Renault have always had supercharged V6's so they're not going to be slouching, just look at the BTCC record, it's phenomenal. When Honda appear in 2015 though is when things will really change as Honda's road cars and V6 engines are just outstanding. Do Ferrari even make V6 supercharge engines? In the 80's sure but I can't think of any car they've made in recent times.

Forum Sage

Especially if the rumour that Brawn is definitely leaving Mercedes GP to help Honda get ready for 2015. Brawn for TP of McLaren-Honda?

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Quantum Motorsports have now finalized a deal with Genii Capital and have told them to sign Nico Hulkenberg, story below:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111129

Hulkenberg is a better choice anyway, a class driver who would have been world champion if given the right machinery! I personally think Maldonado is really only in F1 because he has sponsorship, he's just too inconsistent in my view but then again he has never really had the car to be consistent with!

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    When Hulkenburg was out of 2011 I was quite annoyed as I liked him a lot in his first season, when he came back and gave Di Resta a run for his money I knew that he would do get a top seat quite sharpish, the only thing is Maldonado, as much as investors want Hulkenburg, Maldonado's money is quite something else, apparently it's a LOT of money which is why Williams haven't had money issues in the last couple of seasons (that and Senna helped too).

Speaking of Senna I wish he came back to F1, he was a far far far better driver than half the grid easily and always consistent, unfortunately his sponsors weren't large enough to guarantee him a seat this season. In a way I'm glad that the larger teams are starting to feel the strain now so then they'll finally go "oh $#@! we really do need to sort the cost of F1 out big time". It's been a long time coming and it started in 2005 with BAR/Honda.

At least Senna is having an amazing drive with Aston Martin in the FiA World Endurance Championship where he's won twice and finished second in 3 of the 6 races so far.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Mercedes engines are definitely going to be superior over the competition, to be honest they already are still but Renault have always had supercharged V6's so they're not going to be slouching, just look at the BTCC record, it's phenomenal. When Honda appear in 2015 though is when things will really change as Honda's road cars and V6 engines are just outstanding. Do Ferrari even make V6 supercharge engines? In the 80's sure but I can't think of any car they've made in recent times.
    Superchargers are different from Turbos: They do the same thing which s to force more air into the cylinders but they achieve it in slightly different ways.

Superchargers are belt/chain driven from the crankshaft and usually give off a mechanical whine noise

Turbos use the exhaust gasses to spin a turbine so it is all air driven so they give a hisss or woosh noise.
    Last edited by keefy; 11-05-2013 at 02:19.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Speaking of Senna I wish he came back to F1, he was a far far far better driver than half the grid easily and always consistent, unfortunately his sponsors weren't large enough to guarantee him a seat this season. In a way I'm glad that the larger teams are starting to feel the strain now so then they'll finally go "oh $#@! we really do need to sort the cost of F1 out big time". It's been a long time coming and it started in 2005 with BAR/Honda.

At least Senna is having an amazing drive with Aston Martin in the FiA World Endurance Championship where he's won twice and finished second in 3 of the 6 races so far.
    Yeah you see now I really rated Senna, I would love to see him back in F1 he just needs a chance to prove he belongs there which personally I really think he does. The main thing is though at least he is showcasing his talent somewhere else and has not given up on racing altogether, whether we will ever see him back in F1 though, probably not!

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    $#@!ing gutted Brawn is leaving Mercedes....Paddy Lowe better not $#@! up the foundations he's put in place. #swearquotareached
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Thread Information