Page 171 of 238 FirstFirst ... 161171181 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 5939
    Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    Williams need to get rid of bottas I don't think he fits well for F1
    I agree but I think you need to give rookies at least 2 years before considering a new driver, they still have a lot to learn and a year in will help you do that. Unless they are really bad then I think they deserve 2 years and if you still show no real signs of talent or maturity then off you go to give someone else a chance, that just my personal view!
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    Williams need to get rid of bottas I don't think he fits well for F1

no they don't. they are doing what they should have done years ago, invest long term in a driver. mclaren SHOULD be doing the same with perez.

the one fault that can be leveled at frank williams, is that he has always seen the driver (as well as other personell) as being essentially added ballast. it's one of the reasons why their fall from grace has been so epic in less than 20 years.

during the newey era, he could afford to be picky, but those days went when newey himself did.

as for perez, it would be $#@!ing stupid to sack him after one year, especially for a relative unknown. nuturing talent from early on is all well and good, but sacrificing an established driver for an unknown quantity is madness. just because it worked with hamilton, it doesn't mean it will with magnussen.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Is he in the driver programme like Hamilton was? If so then they will know far more about him than they do Perez.
    Last edited by keefy; 11-11-2013 at 17:55.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Last edited by 33x; 11-11-2013 at 18:08.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Not sure i agree with Mclaren ditching Perez. Don't think he was really given a fair chance and i don't see how you can say a driver isn't performing well enough after 1 season. Grosjean anybody? We all thought he was $#@! in 2012, questioned if he'd stay at Lotus or even in F1. Complete contrast this season, nearly won in Japan, stunning drive in India and has been consistent , and is looking like he'll be the leader at Lotus!?!

Personally i'd have chucked Button, might have experiance but what use will that be when the 2014 cars are completely different? Perez and Magnussen are young and able to adapt quicker due to their age. And if Perez isn't up to it, then there's Vandoorne to fall back on for 2015 or 16 seeing as he's not ready for 2014.

Chance for Valsecchi to impress the Lotus guys......

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Grosjean was a prime example of giving a driver who has had a poor season another chance. We all knew he was talented enough he just need to get a grip and sort his head out. Now he has he is outracing Riakonnen and other established drivers and even previous world champions. Maybe Perez did deserve at least one more season at McLaren but I guess they didn't see it that way!

I don't think I would agree with chucking Button though, he is a great help with developing a car and I think you need someone like that in a team, don't forget last year he was still a race winner and probably would have been this year if McLaren had given them both the car.

Valsecchi has got a real chance to make an impact this race weekend, if he can grab a really good finish in the points then it will help his career no end, lets hope he doesn't do a Luca Badoer or Fischicella when they stood in at Ferrari and finish at the back in a decent car!

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Throughout the season Perez hasn't really been close to Button, whenever he beat him on the track Button's always had issues that forced him further back in the grid, but performances wise Button most of the time is seriously outpacing Perez, this is why McLaren are most likely going to drop him, that and Magnusson is actually (apparently) much faster than Perez during the Young Driver tests last and this year - that says a lot! McLaren know Magnusson like they did Lewis so there's no doubting that they know him well and so giving him this chance is, IMHO, a no brainer.

Grosjean however is different, Renault (at the time) had to remove Piquet Jr due to the dodgy crashgate scandal, he had 7 races for Renault but didn't score any points that season, it was also his first time in an F1 car as he didn't have an in-season test (like they have now). He was still racing in GP2 at the time.

He only came back to F1 in 2011 but was nothing but, again, a test driver. In 2012 was when we thought he was mental and crazy and they gave him a chance because of one thing, he scored podiums and a large amount of points, he was very competitive with Raikonnen too and often finished in front of him. This is the difference between him and Perez. Remember this is only Grojean's second year essentially (excluding 200.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    And what a second year he is having, whether he will ever be a champion remains to be seen but I think some race wins are not out of the question!

Plus when you think about it, everything is new next year for everyone so putting Magnussen in a race seat is not exactly taking a risk! I think it will take him a few races before really getting to grips with things but he could be a big surprise next season!

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Well it's Heikki Kovalainen to take his fellow Finn's seat for the remainder of the last two races at Lotus. Now this could be VERY interesting if Heikki does an amazing job and keeps up with Grosjean, if he does then perhaps he'll take the final seat at Lotus? Good to see him back in an F1 car even if it is just for a couple races.

Perez is also confirmed to be leaving McLaren now so Magnusson will without a doubt now be taking his spot next season.

Oh and we also thought that the good old low noses will be coming back didn't we? I guess not. $#@! me that is going to be ugly, they need to add into the rules that it must but a wide nose not one like that! How on earth did it pass regulation rules that they're allowed a small thin nose like that which will make zero difference whatsoever? Utter pointless if this happens.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    I think it's good that Heikki is driving for the last 2 races but it's a shame Davide Valsecchi will not get a chance to drive for them. I can understand they want an established driver because they are still fighting for places in the championship but what's the point of having a reserve driver if he actually never fills in for anybody, that's the whole point of a reserve driver isn't it??

Shame about Perez but I guess he just under performed too often, whether we will see him in F1 next year I don't know but it's a shame because I think he is a good racer!

I have seen the pictures of how next years cars might possibly look and I agree they are going to be ugly! The teams realize this but are struggling to convince the FIA to change it, but I doubt they will budge but we shall see....

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Well so far the nose tip serves no purpose so what's the point in having it in the rules? the 2012 McLaren had quite a low nose and it looked fine and performed fantastically. I really hated the era when Benetton brought in the high nose for the first time, it was fugly and still is, but this is a monstrosity!

Elite Member
    So McLaren sign a Rookie for next year!

I wonder if Perez & De Resta will get a ride for next year??

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Yep, full story here: (Thanks to Autosport)

McLaren has confirmed that Kevin Magnussen will make his Formula 1 debut alongside Jenson Button at the team next year.

Following weeks of speculation about whether or not Sergio Perez would be retained for a second year, the team made its call over the last few days on the back of a disappointing performance from the Mexican in Abu Dhabi.

Formula Renault 3.5 champion Magnussen, who is the son of former McLaren driver Jan, believes that working alongside the experienced Button will be a huge boost to him in getting up to speed with the demands of F1.

"I'm absolutely overjoyed to be making my Formula 1 debut with McLaren," he said. "I'll put it simply: this team is the best.

"It's been my dream to drive for McLaren ever since I was a small kid, and it's no exaggeration to say that I've dedicated almost every day of my life to achieving the goal of becoming a McLaren Formula 1 driver.

"I have an enormous amount of respect for everyone at McLaren, and I want to say a massive 'thank you' to everyone, but most of all to Martin [Whitmarsh, team principal] and his senior colleagues, for giving me this chance.

"Equally, in Jenson, I have absolutely the ideal team-mate. He's extremely quick, obviously, but he's also very experienced and superbly capable from a technical perspective.

"He's a Formula 1 world champion, which is what one day I also hope to become, and I'm determined to learn as much as I can from him."

Although McLaren is aware of how difficult it is for rookies in F1, the raft of regulation changes for 2014 allied to the return of in-season testing have left it confident that the young Dane will be on the pace quickly.
    Magnussen says McLaren expected title

Whitmarsh said: "Kevin is clearly very talented and very determined, and we therefore have high hopes for him.

"Moreover, every time he's tested our Formula 1 car, he's been very quick and very methodical, and his feedback has been first-class.

"Furthermore, the manner in which he won this year's World Series by Renault 3.5 Championship (pictured) was truly outstanding, showcasing as it did not only his impressive natural pace but also his increasing maturity and ability to structure and manage a championship campaign."

Can't say I have seen enough of him to rate him, but wish him luck for next season!

Power Member
    It is the American Grand Prix this weekend in Texas.

Anyone know what tie it starts? Is it usual 1-2PM local time?

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    Well so far the nose tip serves no purpose so what's the point in having it in the rules? the 2012 McLaren had quite a low nose and it looked fine and performed fantastically. I really hated the era when Benetton brought in the high nose for the first time, it was fugly and still is, but this is a monstrosity!

tyrrell brought the high nose design in, benetton saw the potential in it a couple of seasons later and perfected it. since then, it's been the norm.

I for one would be more than happy to see a return to the "dolphin" nose profile of the early 90's, but it won't happen because it's not as aerodynamically efficient. the current proposal could be amended if all the teams agreed on a rule defining the area in question, but they can't.

it should be noted that the design shown inatuosport is their interpretation of the rules, and may not be how it actually materialises in reality.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Power Member
    Check this out

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    It is the American Grand Prix this weekend in Texas.

Anyone know what tie it starts? Is it usual 1-2PM local time?
    It's a late one our end, race kicks off at 19.00 our time!

Forum Sage

Damn good race though. i was in America last year so i was fortunate enough to watch it at a decent hour.

Lovely overtake.

20. Likes 33x likes this post
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    That McClaren shouldve won everything last year.....

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    That McLaren should've won everything last year.....
    Yes I totally agree, should have won everything this year as well if they had decided just to stick with the fastest car at the end of the year instead of building a slower one lol

Power Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    It's a late one our end, race kicks off at 19.00 our time!
    Is that when the race actually starts or just when coverage starts? I know there is usually at least 1 full hour of jbber jabber before the actual race starts.

P.S
    Only 1 C in McLaren.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Is that when the race actually starts or just when coverage starts? I know there is usually at least 1 full hour of jbber jabber before the actual race starts.

P.S
    Only 1 C in McLaren.
    That is the time the race actually starts, that's the time I usually tune in to avoid all the crap before hand lol

25. Likes keefy likes this post
    PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Jenson given a three place penalty after overtaking in a red flag situation in FP1 - all because the medical chopper wasn't there! *sighs*

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Sums up the end of this F1 season really

Thread Information