Page 178 of 241 FirstFirst ... 168178188 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,450 of 6013
    Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Quite an interesting piece in an F1 mag i get. Its about the Perez Magnussen story, and its a lot more complex that what it seemed.

I cba writing the whole thing out but there's the article below.

Attachment 5784

Attachment 5785

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    where exactly in that article is the proof that this is the "truth"? better still, who wrote it? on face value, it's just someone's opinion by the looks of it, unless the source of the truth is divulged on the second scan, which is too out of focus to read.

conjecture doesn't = truth

doing it in testing and doing it in race weekend trim, under the pressure of millions of eyes, whilst surrounded by other drivers who are more experienced than you, is something else.

this still has the potential of being the biggest $#@! up mclaren have achieved since trying to shoe-horn mansell into one of their cars. come the end of 2014, mclaren could be regretting their decision the same way williams regretted sacrificing hill for frentzen after 96.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Moved on from that really, shame for Perez but it will only be McLaren shooting themselves in the foot if they have made the wrong decision again!

Not F1 news I know but F1 related as he did have a short spell with Toyota:

Newly-crowned World Endurance champion Allan McNish is retiring from front-line racing with immediate effect.

The long-time Audi driver, who claimed the WEC title at Shanghai with Tom Kristensen and Loic Duval in November, explained that the timing was right for a decision that means he will not be part of the German manufacturer's 2014 WEC campaign.

"You have to get out at some point and everything lined up to make this an extremely good time to do it," McNish told AUTOSPORT. "Everything has fallen into place.

"I have won pretty much everything I wanted to and I ticked the last box with the world championship.

"It is good to do it now with the change over to the new car and new rules, which would have required a big commitment."

McNish also pointed out that he will be 44 at the end of the year and that he has developing interests away from driving race cars.

"There are other opportunities that have come up," he continued.

"I definitely want to do some other things in life, like management and TV stuff, and there are other little personal reasons as well."

McNish works with Formula 3 driver Harry Tincknell, who is likely to move into sportscars next year, and also commentates for Radio 5 Live on selected Formula 1 races.

He has called time on an illustrious career that includes three victories in the Le Mans 24 Hours, three American Le Mans Series titles and multiple wins in both the US sportscar classics at Sebring and Road Atlanta, as well as a short spell in F1 with Toyota in 2002 and as a Friday test driver with Renault in 2003.

Allan McNish, 2013McNish explained that he had made the decision to stop at the end of the season after the Spa WEC round in May and that he did not want to step back from a full-time campaign to a programme centred on Le Mans.

"Audi has to prepare for the next few years and I didn't want to be ducking in and out of it," he said.

"As a racing driver you never say never, but I am hanging up my helmet as far as anything serious goes.

"Perhaps I could do the Daytona 24 Hours in the future, like Martin [Brundle] did a few years ago [in 2011], but I will not be committing to a full championship again."

McNish will retain his relationship with both Audi Sport and Audi AG.

ALLAN MCNISH ROLL OF HONOUR
    1988 Formula Vauxhall Lotus champion
    1990 Silverstone International Trophy winner (F3000)
    1998 Le Mans 24 Hours winner
    2000 Petit Le Mans winner, American Le Mans Series champion
    2004 Sebring 12 Hours winner
    2006 Sebring 12 Hours winner, Petit Le Mans winner, American Le Mans Series champion
    2007 Petit Le Mans winner, American Le Mans series champion
    2008 Le Mans 24 Hours winner, Petit Le Mans winner
    2009 Sebring 12 Hours winner
    2012 Sebring 12 Hours winner
    2013 Le Mans 24 Hours winner, World Endurance Champion
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Forum Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Isn't there a tyre test going on currently? Anyway we can find out about the reports from it?

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Yes there is and it finishes tomorrow, I'm surprised Autosport have not got it live, they usually do!

I have just googled it but nothing seems to be coming up!

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Sounds like tire testing for next year is going well so far:

Mercedes' running at this week's Bahrain Formula 1 tyre test has been brought to an end by damage sustained when Nico Rosberg suffered a blowout at 320km/h.

AUTOSPORT understands that while the Mercedes did not hit anything, the car did require some repairs as a result of the high-speed spin.

As there was insufficient time to complete repairs to get him back out on track for the rest of the final part of the three-day Pirelli test, the decision was taken not to run again.

Rosberg, who was not injured in the incident, Tweeted about the accident this morning, although this was subsequently deleted.

"Just spun at full speed 320km/h on Bahrain straight cause my tyre blew up without warning," he wrote. "Thanks to that need to get some toilet paper now..."

Pirelli is testing its 2014 rubber in Bahrain using '13 cars, with Red Bull, Toro Rosso and Ferrari running alongside Mercedes, which has had Rosberg driving for all three days.

When contacted by AUTOSPORT, a Pirelli spokesperson declined to comment directly but did stress that failures can happen during tyre testing.

"The test in Bahrain is a private tyre test, so most data generated from it are confidential," said the spokesperson.

"However, incidents can happen, this is what testing is for. Our testing programme will continue as planned."

Also looks like some of Red Bulls chief designers are being snatched up:

Red Bull has lost two more of its senior technical staff with Mercedes signing key figures Mark Ellis and Giles Wood.

Both men are set to join the Mercedes Formula 1 team in June 2014 once their current contracts have finished.

Ellis is head of Red Bull's vehicle dynamics, while Wood is its chief engineer for simulation.

They will become Mercedes' performance director and chief engineer for simulation and development respectively.

Wood and Ellis are the first key signings that new Mercedes team bosses Toto Wolff and Paddy Lowe have confirmed since taking over responsibility from Ross Brawn.

The pair are determined to ramp up the momentum that the team has gathered over the past 12 months.

Red Bull's run of success in F1 has been assisted by stability on the engineering front, which has helped its technical chief Adrian Newey produce dominant machinery.

But that stability looks set to end with many of his key allies deciding to move on.

Just months after it emerged that chief aerodynamicist Peter Prodromou has agreed to join McLaren for 2015, Ellis and Wood's departure will come as another blow to Red Bull as it chases its fifth consecutive world championship.

Forum Sage
    Mercedes seem to mean business!

Heard somewhere that Newey may be leaving F1 for another discipline soon. Think it was for the Race of Americas or something.

Sure I read it somewhere

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    I don't see newey being involved in F1 for more than a few years beyond next season, and RB have lost a few key personnel recently. the red bull dominance could start grinding to a halt sooner or later. newey being there is all well and good, but he is not a 1 man show. those directly below him have a fair share of credit due to them, and one of his tipped successors has already jumped ship.

could be choppy waters ahead in the not too distant future.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Quote Originally Posted by Surebrec View Post
    I don't see newey being involved in F1 for more than a few years beyond next season, and RB have lost a few key personnel recently. the red bull dominance could start grinding to a halt sooner or later. newey being there is all well and good, but he is not a 1 man show. those directly below him have a fair share of credit due to them, and one of his tipped successors has already jumped ship.

Well they do say all good things come to an end, just look what happened to Ferrari soon after Micheal Schumacher left them!

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    McLaren 80's Dominance, then Williams early 90's dominance, then McLaren dominance again, then Ferrari dominance, then McLaren for a couple years before the random Brawn GP season then it was Red Bull. Hmm is anyone seeing a pattern here?

Nice to see that the tyre testing is going so well, hopefully we'll have more dramatic tyre failures and plenty of drivers $#@!ting bricks.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Yep, dominance in F1 only lasts so long!

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    BBC and Sky Live TV Guide for next year, as you can imagine all races on Sky are live so it's really only the BBC listing that most people may be interested in:

UK Formula 1 television broadcasters Sky Sports F1 and the BBC have announced their coverage split for the 2014 season.

Under the shared deal that began in 2012, Sky shows the whole F1 season live on its dedicated channel, while the BBC broadcasts live from nine grands prix with highlights packages for the remainder.

Sky has exclusive live rights to the season-opener in Australia on March 16, but the BBC's live coverage commences one round earlier than in 2013 as it begins with Malaysia two weeks later.

The BBC's selections also include the inaugural Russian Grand Prix on October 12, as well as the season finale in Abu Dhabi.

Neither broadcaster has announced any changes to their presenter line-ups for 2014.

2014 UK F1 TV coverage:

Date GP Sky BBC
    March 16 Australia Live Highlights
    March 30 Malaysia Live Live
    April 6 Bahrain Live Highlights
    April 20 China Live Highlights
    May 11 Spain Live Live
    May 25 Monaco Live Highlights
    June 8 Canada Live Live
    June 22 Austria Live Highlights
    July 6 Great Britain Live Live
    July 20 Germany Live Highlights
    July 27 Hungary Live Highlights
    August 24 Belgium Live Live
    September 7 Italy Live Live
    September 21 Singapore Live Highlights
    October 5 Japan Live Live
    October 12 Russia Live Live
    November 2 USA Live Highlights
    November 9 Brazil Live Highlights
    November 16 Abu Dhabi Live Live

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Surebrec View Post

Really really hope so!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    BBC and Sky Live TV Guide for next year, as you can imagine all races on Sky are live so it's really only the BBC listing that most people may be interested in:

UK Formula 1 television broadcasters Sky Sports F1 and the BBC have announced their coverage split for the 2014 season.

Under the shared deal that began in 2012, Sky shows the whole F1 season live on its dedicated channel, while the BBC broadcasts live from nine grands prix with highlights packages for the remainder.

Sky has exclusive live rights to the season-opener in Australia on March 16, but the BBC's live coverage commences one round earlier than in 2013 as it begins with Malaysia two weeks later.

The BBC's selections also include the inaugural Russian Grand Prix on October 12, as well as the season finale in Abu Dhabi.

Neither broadcaster has announced any changes to their presenter line-ups for 2014.

2014 UK F1 TV coverage:

Date GP Sky BBC
    March 16 Australia Live Highlights
    March 30 Malaysia Live Live
    April 6 Bahrain Live Highlights
    April 20 China Live Highlights
    May 11 Spain Live Live
    May 25 Monaco Live Highlights
    June 8 Canada Live Live
    June 22 Austria Live Highlights
    July 6 Great Britain Live Live
    July 20 Germany Live Highlights
    July 27 Hungary Live Highlights
    August 24 Belgium Live Live
    September 7 Italy Live Live
    September 21 Singapore Live Highlights
    October 5 Japan Live Live
    October 12 Russia Live Live
    November 2 USA Live Highlights
    November 9 Brazil Live Highlights
    November 16 Abu Dhabi Live Live
    I never bother with the BBC, dont like DC or the new woman they got. DC is too much of a blind red bull fanboy and i just love skys coverage!

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Sky's coverage is better than the BBC's was, I just hope they don't ask us to start paying it as a separate package!

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    DC isn't as good as Brundle on the grid walks but Garry Anderson is miles better than Ted Kravitz.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Other than the analysis after the race on Sky, the BBC's presentation is better IMO. Suzie Perry was a little bit nervous for the first half of the year but you can tell that she started to properly loosen up towards the end of the year and her presenting got much better because of it, she's also finally starting to get the first words in over Eddie which Jake was doing very well to stop Eddie going off on one.

The thing I hate about Sky's presentation is that it feels detached because it's all in a studio and it makes it feel too Americanised and out of touch with the teams, the BBC is always in the thick of the action at all times which I like a lot.

Commentary is hit and miss with me on both sides as they're both good, but you still can't beat the Murrayisms + Brundle duo.

I am totally and utterly pissed off again that Monaco is not live again next year, that's one race that they should prioritise over at least Spain but I can see why they've done it like this, so that there isn't more than a 2 race weekend with highlights only.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Nice to see another first season driver is being kept on:

Esteban Gutierrez will remain with Sauber for a second season in 2014, the team has announced.

The 22-year-old Mexican will partner Adrian Sutil, whose signing was confirmed last week, at the Swiss outfit.

Russian Sergey Sirotkin, who was originally destined to race next year, has instead been appointed test driver.

"I am happy to be able to continue as a driver for the Sauber F1 team," said Gutierrez.

"It was a steep learning curve last season, but by working closely with the team I was able to improve continuously.

"It will be my fourth year with the team, the second as a racing driver, and I feel comfortable in taking the next step.

"The technical challenges in 2014 will be massive. Therefore, it will be even more important to know well the people you are working with.

"I will do my very best to improve even more and support the team the best way I can."

Gutierrez appeared unlikely to remain at Sauber as the end of the season approached, but the way the driver market played out, with team targets Pastor Maldonado and Sergio Perez signing for Lotus and Force India respectively, worked in his favour.

This, combined with the extension of Sauber's substantial backing through its partnership with Telmex, ensured he could stay on.

"We at Telmex and Telcel are very proud to continue being part of Sauber to keep consolidating our successful history in motorsport, particularly in Formula 1 and our driver development programme for Mexican and Latin drivers such as Esteban Gutierrez, a great young talent, friend and human being," said Telmex chairman Carlos Slim Domit.

Team principal Monisha Kaltenborn believes Gutierrez has the ability to gain consistent results in his second year of F1.

He only scored points once in 2013, for a strong seventh place in the Japanese Grand Prix.

"Last season he experienced first-hand how hard it can be for a rookie to step into Formula 1," said Kaltenborn.

"Nevertheless, throughout the season he improved significantly in qualifying as well as in the races and finished the season as the best rookie in the drivers' championship.

"Often the results didn't fully reflect his performances. I am confident Esteban will be able to use his experiences to gain results and this will be helped by the fact he is very well acquainted with every member of the race team."

Current 2014 F1 driver line-up:

Red Bull-Renault Sebastian Vettel Daniel Ricciardo
    Mercedes Lewis Hamilton Nico Rosberg
    Ferrari Fernando Alonso Kimi Raikkonen
    Lotus-Renault Romain Grosjean Pastor Maldonado
    McLaren-Mercedes Jenson Button Kevin Magnussen
    Force India-Mercedes Nico Hulkenberg Sergio Perez
    Sauber-Ferrari Adrian Sutil Esteban Gutierrez
    Toro Rosso-Renault Jean-Eric Vergne Daniil Kvyat
    Williams-Mercedes Felipe Massa Valtteri Bottas
    Marussia-Ferrari Jules Bianchi tba
    Caterham-Renault tba tba

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Ferrari easily have the strongest line up in terms of drivers. Lets hope their cars cn match their drivers abilities this year.

20. Likes Duffman likes this post
    Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Two top drivers need a top car, lets hope Ferrari can supply one!!

Forum Sage
    Alonso always gets the best out of his car. Kimi as well usually gets the most out if his. If they make a car competitive with the top 2 then they'll have a big advantage

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Way too difficult to read into next year, can't wait to see what teams come up with and how they fair at the first pre season test!

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon22 View Post
    nice all post.
    Valid input to the whole discussion there

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Ferrari easily have the strongest line up in terms of drivers. Lets hope their cars cn match their drivers abilities this year.
    really? i really dont get why people rate Kimi, i really dont, i think he is pretty average, ok he won ONE wdc by default, aint done much else since

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    really? i really dont get why people rate Kimi, i really dont, i think he is pretty average, ok he won ONE wdc by default, aint done much else since
    I think it's mostly because of his Mclaren days and he has won a few grand prix for Renault in a front running but not majorly competitive car, plus he is the most charismatic driver on the grid!

Plus some of the things he has come out with are comedy gold, you don't get many drivers like him these days, Autosport even did a column on it!

Thread Information