Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    F14T is joint top atm :L

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Still has a nice ring to it but would be F166 Turbo for me!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Yeah if I had to choose one, I'd go for F166 Turbo

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Forum Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    I would laugh my arse off if everyone votes F14T
    Fiat

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Fiat
    Ferrari are just Fast Fiats now

Last edited by keefy; 01-16-2014 at 08:44.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    In other news, really hope he comes back to F1 at some point but I don't think it will happen:

Robert Kubica holds the Monte Carlo Rally lead after the opening stage of the 2014 World Rally Championship.

In his WRC debut for the M-Sport team, ex-Formula 1 driver Kubica beat reigning world champion Sebastien Ogier by 19.1 seconds.

Crews were greeted by surprise patches of snow and ice on the 25-kilometre Orpierre-St Andre de Rosans stage, which Kubica described as the hardest of his career so far.

"It was very tough, there was snow and we were not expecting snow - we had slick tyres," said Kubica, who has already won the European Rally Championship-opening Janner Rally this year.

"That was the toughest stage of my life. Janner was very easy compared to here."

Ogier is currently third as 2011 Monte Carlo winner Bryan Bouffier holds second in a one-off outing in an M-Sport Ford, 14s down on Kubica.

Hyundai suffered a disaster on its the first stage of its new WRC programme as lead driver Thierry Neuville crashed out after seven kilometres.

As the Rally2 system is not in operation in Monte Carlo, his rally is already over.

Neuville's team-mate Dani Sordo holds fifth in the remaining i20.

Returnee star Francois Delecour was another first-stage retirement.

Forum Sage
    Mr Ecclestone has been a naughty man! He's in court over bribes.

He also wants to buy the nurburgring

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Yep, he's been a naughty boy:

Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone will stand trial in Germany amid allegations of bribery relating to the sale of the sport in 2006, court officials stated on Thursday.

Ecclestone was indicted last July in connection to an alleged 45 million Euro bribe that he paid to German banker Gerhard Gribkowsky eight years ago.

Judges in Munich have been deliberating ever since over whether there was enough evidence to take the matter to court.

Gribkowsky has already been jailed for accepting the payment after confessing to taking a bribe while he was a representative of German bank Bayern LB.

Ecclestone, however, has always insisted that he was innocent and denied that the payment was a bribe.

Instead, he says he was forced to pay the money because he had been threatened with having his family trust fund investigated by tax officials.

Following months of speculation about the Munich prosecutors' next move, spokeswoman Margarete Noetzel said that a trial would now happen and was likely to start in April.

The development has cast fresh doubts over Ecclestone's future as F1 figurehead, although the sport's owners CVC have consistently stood by him.

In a statement issued last year when it was announced that Ecclestone had been indicted, CVC said it was happy for him to carry on in his position - but said it would keep an eye on developments.

"The Board will continue to monitor developments in this situation accordingly," said the CVC statement.

Speaking to the Sunday Telegraph last year, however, Ecclestone reckoned that CVC would seek to replace him if he was found guilty.

"[It] will probably be forced to get rid of me if the Germans come after me," he said. "It's pretty obvious, if I'm locked up."

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Red Bull will wait until the opening day of pre-season testing at Jerez on January 28 to launch its new Formula 1 car.

The reigning champion team confirmed on Thursday that it would not be following some of its main rivals in unveiling its 2014 challenger prior to the day it first runs.

The new Red Bull RB10 will instead be revealed just 20 minutes before the track opens to begin testing.

While last year's runner-up team Mercedes is also waiting until the morning of the Jerez test to show off its new car, Ferrari and McLaren have confirmed they will be issuing images of their contenders a few days before testing begins.

Lotus is currently the only team scheduled to miss the Jerez test.

2014 PRE-SEASON F1 DATES

Car launches

Team Date
    McLaren January 24
    Ferrari January 25
    Red Bull January 28
    Mercedes January 28
    Caterham January 28

Testing

Venue Date
    Jerez January 28-31
    Sakhir February 19-22
    Sakhir February 27-March 2

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Mr Ecclestone has been a naughty man! He's in court over bribes.

He also wants to buy the nurburgring

probably with a view to granting the circuit a long term F1 contract. it wouldn't be the first time he has awarded an F1 contract for something to himself, or at least a company he is heavily invested in.

it's pretty $#@!ed up when certain circuit operator's backs are being broken by extortionate contract costs demanded by the man, when he's trying to buy an existing F1 grade circuit for "some" reason!

something tells me if the takeover is successful hockenheim won't be featuring prominently anymore.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    Red Bull will wait until the opening day of pre-season testing at Jerez on January 28 to launch its new Formula 1 car.

The reigning champion team confirmed on Thursday that it would not be following some of its main rivals in unveiling its 2014 challenger prior to the day it first runs.

The new Red Bull RB10 will instead be revealed just 20 minutes before the track opens to begin testing.

While last year's runner-up team Mercedes is also waiting until the morning of the Jerez test to show off its new car, Ferrari and McLaren have confirmed they will be issuing images of their contenders a few days before testing begins.

Lotus is currently the only team scheduled to miss the Jerez test.

2014 PRE-SEASON F1 DATES

Car launches

Team Date
    McLaren January 24
    Ferrari January 25
    Red Bull January 28
    Mercedes January 28
    Caterham January 28

Testing

Venue Date
    Jerez January 28-31
    Sakhir February 19-22
    So, only 1 more week until we see the first cars and more importantly hear the engine sounds.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    So, only 1 more week until we see the first cars and more importantly hear the engine sounds.

But yes. I can't wait!!

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Pretty much, can't wait to see what they look like!

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Last edited by JordieDAFC; 01-16-2014 at 18:30. Reason: Double post :P

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Last edited by JordieDAFC; 01-16-2014 at 21:56.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Surebrec View Post
    probably with a view to granting the circuit a long term F1 contract. it wouldn't be the first time he has awarded an F1 contract for something to himself, or at least a company he is heavily invested in.

it's pretty $#@!ed up when certain circuit operator's backs are being broken by extortionate contract costs demanded by the man, when he's trying to buy an existing F1 grade circuit for "some" reason!

something tells me if the takeover is successful hockenheim won't be featuring prominently anymore.
    He already owns the Paul Ricard circuit and he's trying to get the French government to pony up a new French GP on his home turf and make it bi-yearly changeable with Spa. No Bernie just no!

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Another car reveal date confirmed:

Sauber will unveil its 2014 Formula 1 car online during the weekend prior to the first winter test at Jerez.

The Swiss team has announced that it will reveal images of the C33 via its media website on the afternoon of Sunday January 26, before the car makes its track debut at Jerez two days later.

Sauber becomes the third of the 11 F1 teams to decide to hold an online launch ahead of testing.

McLaren and Ferrari have already announced their intention to do likewise on the two days prior to Sauber's unveiling.

Mercedes, Red Bull and Caterham will all wait for roll-outs at Jerez on the morning of the opening test on January 28.

Sauber retains Esteban Gutierrez and Ferrari power for 2014, but Adrian Sutil comes in to replace Nico Hulkenberg in the driver roster in a straight swap with Force India.

The team was initially slated to run Sergey Sirotkin - a protege of its new Russian partners - in a 2014 race seat, but has instead given him a reserve role while he continues racing in Formula Renault 3.5.

2014 PRE-SEASON F1 DATES

Car launches

Team Date
    McLaren January 24
    Ferrari January 25
    Sauber January 26
    Red Bull January 28
    Mercedes January 28
    Caterham January 28

Testing

Venue Date
    Jerez January 28-31
    Sakhir February 19-22

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    A few news stories from Autosport that might interest:

Toro Rosso to launch 2014 Formula 1 car at Jerez on January 27

Toro Rosso will unveil its new Formula 1 car at Jerez a day before the start of pre-season testing, it announced on Friday.

The Faenza-based squad said it will launch its new STR9 on January 27th at the Spanish circuit.

Toro Rosso is switching to Renault engines for this season, having used Ferrari units for seven consecutive years.

The team is retaining Jean-Eric Vergne, the Frenchman joined by GP3 champion Daniil Kvyat, who replaces Red Bull recruit Daniel Ricciardo.

2014 PRE-SEASON F1 DATES

Car launches

Team Date
    McLaren January 24
    Ferrari January 25
    Sauber January 26
    Toro Rosso January 27
    Red Bull January 28
    Mercedes January 28
    Caterham January 28

Testing

Venue Date
    Jerez January 28-31
    Sakhir February 19-22

McLaren in race to make first 2014 Formula 1 test at Jerez

McLaren is in a race against time to get its new Formula 1 car ready for the first 2014 test at Jerez.

Although the team plans to launch its new MP4-29 online next Friday (January 24), doubts have now emerged about whether or not the new car will be able to take part in the opening pre-season test.

AUTOSPORT understands that McLaren has not yet passed all the mandatory FIA crash tests - and there has been speculation that it may even have failed one or more tests, putting it behind schedule.

Under a regulation that came into force at the start of 2012, teams must pass the FIA's stringent crash tests before they are allowed to run on track.

F1 crash tests explained

Before 2012, teams only had to pass the tests prior to being allowed to compete in grands prix.

Although there is still time for McLaren to resubmit its car for $#@!logation so it can make Jerez, the nature of crash tests mean there is no guarantee that it will pass.

Should the worst happen then the team would have no option but to delay its on-track appearance.

When contacted by AUTOSPORT on Friday the team played down the significance of its crash test situation, but was unable to confirm that it would definitely be testing at Jerez.

A McLaren spokesman said: "At this time of the year it's normal for all teams to be pushing everything to the limit in an effort to extract the most performance, and crash tests are no different.

"McLaren will pass all the tests prior to track running."

The news about McLaren's new car situation comes just 24 hours after it was announced that Ron Dennis has been appointed as the group's CEO - replacing Martin Whitmarsh.

That dramatic development has cast doubts over the future of Whitmarsh as team principal.

It is unclear if the management change at the team is related to the crash test situation.

Forum Sage
    Last year McLaren suffered their worst season since 1980 as the Woking team failed to achieve a single podium finish.It was the latest in a series of disappointing stats for the team who have not won a Drivers' title since 2008 and last won the Constructors' back in 1998.
    The team's woes ultimately resulted in former team boss Dennis taking charge of the operation as the new Group Chief Executive Officer of McLaren Group.
    Already the 66-year-old has promised changes, one of which many are predicting could be Whitmarsh exit as team principal.
    "Martin has a lot of talents as an individual, he is an exceptionally clever man, he has a different style to Ron and in fact this is not the first time that there has been an attempt to oust Martin from his position - one occurred about three years ago. But in relationship to whether he might stay or go, that is an issue for Martin and the company to determine," Watson, who spent six years with McLaren, told Sky Sports Online.
    "Because Ron Dennis is saying he is not planning on becoming the Team Principal, he is effectively above that within the company - he is the boss, but is not going to be de facto day-to-day Team Principal - it is possible that Martin Whitmarsh could continue in that role, but it probably would be unlikely.
    "I think Martin may choose either to find another position within the group of companies or maybe think of taking a leave of absence or moving elsewhere. But that will be an issue that will be discussed by the parties involved and Martin in particular."
    As for talk of former Mercedes team boss Ross Brawn taking Whitmarsh's job, Watson believes if that does happen, it won't be any time soon.
    "In terms of bringing someone in in the short-term, as far as I am aware Ross Brawn wouldn't be available because of whatever the terms are of his break between Mercedes and himself.
    "Ross is effectively on holiday and I know he has a lot of fishing booked for the next number of months, so I don't think he is looking to jump back into the mainstream of Formula 1 in the short-term, but what happens beyond that is unknown.
    "On a personal level, whilst the future package of McLaren and Honda is a very attractive one, if you think back to the heady days of McLaren in '98, '99 and then Ferrari winning 2000 through to 2004, there was a lot of not good feeling between the two teams and particularly at the top of the teams.
    "So whether that can be put behind them and the two parties can come together and work as one, it would be an interesting scenario to see. Probably in my view it would be unlikely
    Goodbye Martin...

The former Mercedes team boss left the Brackley outfit at the end of last season with the intension of doing some fishing.
    And there is now speculation that Brawn may yet hook one of the biggest, the McLaren team boss job.
    With this week's announcement that Dennis is again in control of the Formula One team, changes are expected at McLaren and one of those is believed to be the exit of current team boss Martin Whitmarsh.
    As McLaren failed to secure a single podium result in 2013, Whitmarsh's position is under increasing threat.
    And according to Telegraph Sport it could be all be lining up for a major change at the top.
    Although the newspaper claimed that "there will be further announcements on the leadership of the team next month, but that no-one has been sacked or made redundant" it is speculating that Brawn could be heading over.
    "McLaren did not deny the reports," the newspaper stated, "but said they "would not get involved in commenting on that kind of media speculation"."
    Hello Ross?

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Oooooooook now if Ross Brawn did go to McLaren then I would be a super happy camper! Ross Brawn is a bit like Adrian Newey, whatever they touch turns to gold. Obviously none of us can really say exactly what happens at the factory but with Ross Brawn at the helm then you'll see his ex-Ferrari and Mercedes technical expertise helping big time in the factory, it's something Martin Whitmarsh can't even come close to. Brawn retired from Mercedes because he wanted to lead a team and not be like a co-owner, perhaps this is his chance again to be like BrawnGP but for McLaren? Or maybe good 'ol Ron will be back in charge.

Which ever way this goes it'll be good news. If Ross is offered the position I can hardly see him decline it.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Wouldn't surprise me, Brawn was linked to Honda and they are back supplying engine for 2015 so it's not completely out of the question!

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    I don't mind Brawn, but i'd rather have Dennis on the pitwall. Either way, they are better than Whitmarsh.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Only 4 day's to go till we get to see what a 2014 F1 car looks like

Forum Sage
    YES!
    Kamui Kobayashi will reportedly return to the Formula One grid this season having signed with Caterham.Kobayashi has been without a drive since losing his Sauber race-seat at the end of the 2012 campaign.
    Determined to remain in the sport, Kobayashi set up a site to attract sponsorship, however, even that was not enough to find him a new home.
    However, it now appears as if the Japanese driver won't be away from F1 for very long asAutosprint claims he has secured a Caterham drive.
    Caterham have long made it known that they want an experienced driver as part of their 2014 line-up in light of the new regulations.
    As for his team-mate, the publication is reporting that 23-year-old Marcus Ericsson will take the second seat after finding "financial support" to make his F1 debut.
    Source

Shame it is at the back of the grid but I've always like Kobi. Always gives an entertaining drive.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    That's great news, really liked Kobayashi and will be good to see him back on the grid!

Thread Information