Latest PSU headlines:

Page 182 of 239 FirstFirst ... 172182192 ... LastLast
Results 4,526 to 4,550 of 5966
    Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Think Mclaren are going back to the black, silver and white colour scheme for next season going by what the 2014 teamwear looks like. :P

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    I saw that but I don't know whether it's just a sketch as rumours say they are changing their colour scheme, only 3 days and we will find out
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

You Big Dummy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    That's great news, really liked Kobayashi and will be good to see him back on the grid!
    Return of Kobacrashy should be interesting.

Sent from my Motorola StarTac using Tapatapatalk
    Gold Medal, Conn Smythe, Stanley Cup.

PS3:

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Quote Originally Posted by XLR8TOR View Post
    Return of Kobacrashy should be interesting.

Sent from my Motorola StarTac using Tapatapatalk
    He was never as bad as Maldonado!

Di Resta has returned to the DTM with Mercedes, glad he's found a drive!

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Caterham confirm line up, all seats filled:

Caterham has signed grand prix returnee Kamui Kobayashi and GP2 graduate Marcus Ericsson for the 2014 Formula 1 season.

The deal brings Kobayashi back into F1 after a season with Ferrari's GT programme in the World Endurance Championship.

The 27-year-old Japanese driver had made his F1 debut as stand-in driver for Toyota in late 2009, before racing for Sauber from 2010-12.

"It's a great feeling to be back as an F1 race driver and I'm really pleased it's with Caterham," said Kobayashi.

"Troughout all our discussions I've been very impressed with where they want to take the team, and how much investment has been made already to help them achieve their goals.

"I first visited the factory in Leafield just before Christmas and it's clear how hungry the whole team is to make progress.

"From what I've seen, Caterham now has everything in place to progress this year and for many seasons to come."

Ericsson moves up to F1 after four years in GP2. Sixth in last year's standings was the high point, but he had been expected to fight for the title after replacing reigning champion Davide Valsecchi at DAMS.

The 23-year-old has some F1 experience from 2009, when he drove for the champion Brawn team in the rookie tests after winning the Japanese Formula 3 title.

He is set to become the first Swede to start a grand prix since Stefan Johansson's F1 career ended in 1991.

"This is a very proud day for me and everyone has helped make my F1 dream come true," Ericsson said.

Marcus Ericsson

"I'll be making the step up to F1 with Caterham in 2014 and I'm already excited about the season ahead, and the first race in Australia in particular."

Kobayashi and Ericsson replace Giedo van der Garde and Charles Pic in the Caterham race seats.

Van der Garde has already secured a move to Sauber as a test and reserve driver.

Caterham's announcement completes the 2014 F1 grid ahead of the start of winter testing at Jerez next Tuesday.

Current 2014 F1 driver line-up:

Red Bull-Renault Sebastian Vettel Daniel Ricciardo
    Mercedes Lewis Hamilton Nico Rosberg
    Ferrari Fernando Alonso Kimi Raikkonen
    Lotus-Renault Romain Grosjean Pastor Maldonado
    McLaren-Mercedes Jenson Button Kevin Magnussen
    Force India-Mercedes Nico Hulkenberg Sergio Perez
    Sauber-Ferrari Adrian Sutil Esteban Gutierrez
    Toro Rosso-Renault Jean-Eric Vergne Daniil Kvyat
    Williams-Mercedes Felipe Massa Valtteri Bottas
    Marussia-Ferrari Jules Bianchi Max Chilton
    Caterham-Renault Kamui Kobayashi Marcus Ericsson

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Its the usual suspects again

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Kobayashi is racing for free:

Kamui Kobayashi was so eager to return to Formula 1 race action this year that he turned his back on an expanded Ferrari deal and is driving for Caterham for free.

The Japanese has secured an F1 comeback for 2014, as team-mate to rookie Marcus Ericsson.

Having failed to find a drive last year, he competed for Ferrari in the World Endurance Championship as well as taking part in F1 demonstration events.

Speaking at Caterham's Leafield headquarters on Tuesday, Kobayashi revealed that he had been offered another Ferrari contract for sportscars - as well as an expanded role on the F1 team that included simulator work.

But despite the security of such an offer, he was so keen to get back to grand prix racing that he did everything he could to persuade Caterham owner Tony Fernandes to take him when they first met in December last year.

"I am 27, I still need more to race in F1," said the former Toyota and Sauber driver. "That is why I chose to come back to F1.

"Ferrari offered me another contract, and Stefano [Domenicali] is not happy I didn't take it. But it is only my decision to be here.

"I took a risk in my life but it is important for me.

"Caterham needs some different energy and my experience is quite useful for this team. We'll see what I can do. I am quite confident."

With Caterham making no secret of the fact that it required drivers to bring financial support, Kobayashi has helped deliver a package that includes 1 million worth of funding that was raised when he asked fans to help him at the end of 2012.

Beyond that, Kobayashi also wanted to emphasise to Fernandes how eager he was by making no pay demands at all.

"I'm driving for free, it is my decision," he said. "It is just my approach. I want to do this job. This appeals to Tony, this was the message to Tony and he is happy about that.

"I want to help the team. I don't care about the money. I want to be successful in my life and I want to bring the team back successfully in my goals."

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Now that is quite the commitment from Koboyashi and a shame that a lot of drivers also don't do a similar thing instead they demand a ridiculous amount of money for their services. Clearly Kamui will do anything to stay in F1 ahead of the pay drivers and going free clearly is the only way but it's great to get him back into F1, we need a driver with lots of flair again and he's always impressed me when on the circuit. At least he gets to do what he loves despite not being paid, that's dedication for you!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    to be honest, they are putting their lives on the line every time they get into the car. for me, it's one of those sports where they deserve every penny they can get, whatever they can get. they are sure as hell more worthy of any money they can command than kicking a ball around a field for 150k a week.

KK is only driving for free because he's basically trying to roll a double 6. if he pulls it off, it could possibly springboard him into a drive elsewhere. he's a good enough driver to be in F1, and has found himself out of a drive through no fault of his own. he stands a better chance of getting back in doing what he has chosen to do, instead of being a running boy in a front end team where he will have all but zero chance of proving himself barring a serious accident to one of the main drivers.

it's commendable, but as far as the norm is concerned, driving for free, or for a miniscule fraction of what they are earning, it's not going to happen.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Force India has become the first team to reveal its 2014 Formula 1 car by releasing an image of the Mercedes-engined VJM07.

The new car features the low nose mandated by the regulations, as well as the new tailpipe at the rear as part of measures designed to prevent exhaust-blown downforce.

The image does not reveal any dramatic design innovations, but it will not be until the car first appears at next week's Jerez test that any conclusions can be drawn about its technical merits.

"Almost every single part is a new design, from the front wing right back to the diffuser," said technical director Andrew Green.

"The genetics of the VJM07 still lie in the 2013 car, but we've had to achieve the same results in a slightly different way.

"It's been a massive job to accommodate all the changes to the power unit - it's the biggest change I've witnessed in the sport since I started in 1990.

"Cooling has been the biggest challenge with most of last summer taken up trying to understand the cooling requirements of the power unit, and how best to optimise it in the chassis."

NEW LIVERY

The car features a new colour scheme, with much of the white colouring removed in favour of black.

This modified colour scheme replaces the white, orange and green livery used from 2009-13.

"The VJM07 looks stunning and the new livery reflects the way Sahara Force India is evolving," said Mallya.

"I've always believed our cars have been the most eye-catching, but adding black as a main colour gives us a fierce new look."

The new livery also incorporates some new sponsors, with telecommunications brand Claro - which previously backed McLaren and Sauber - coming on board thanks to Sergio Perez's arrival at the team.

Mallya believes that this shows the team is growing and that the coming season could be its best in F1.

"It's been a busy winter for us on the technical and commercial front," said Mallya.

"When I founded the team my first ambition was to launch the first Indian team on the grid, but the next stage in our evolution is to develop a global brand.

"I think that ambition is reflected in the partners we are working with and our world class driver line-up.

"It certainly feels as though there is the potential for 2014 to be our strongest season yet."

2014 PRE-SEASON F1 DATES

Car launches

Team Date
    McLaren January 24
    Ferrari January 25
    Sauber January 26
    Toro Rosso January 27
    Red Bull January 28
    Mercedes January 28
    Caterham January 28

Testing

Venue Date
    Jerez January 28-31
    Sakhir February 19-22
    Sakhir February 27-March 2

Forum Sage

Looks mighty fine actually

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Looks mighty fine actually
    Not as bad as we first thought lol, like the change of color scheme as well, if they post some more pictures I will get them added on here

Power Member
    Bad news for Schumacher Doctors warn his family he could be in a constant vegetative state.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    That is bad news, such a shame and I hope it's not that bad

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Williams has become the first Formula 1 team to reveal its nose design for 2014 by releasing a rendering of the new Mercedes-powered FW36.

New regulations for 2014 stipulate a high chassis with the nose tip at a height of 185mm, significantly lower than before.

Williams has chosen the 'anteater' solution in this area, keeping the nose as high as possible for as long as possible to maximise airflow under the car before achieving the required height with a dramatic sweep downwards.

This image is of the car's launch-specification, with an upgrade package due ahead of the season-opener.

AERO STILL KEY

Although the new 1.6-litre engines will be key to performance this year, Williams chief technical officer Pat Symonds believes his team has also been able to take a step forward with aerodynamic performance.

"F1 is still going to be an aerodynamic formula in 2014," said Symonds.

"There are some significant changes: the nose is lower than last year and the front wing is narrower, which means the endplates are now more shrouded by the front tyre.

"The rear wing isn't as deep as last year and the beam wing below it is no longer permitted, and we've also lost the ability to use the exhaust to enhance aero performance.

F1 2014 tech: Welcome to the era of ERS

"I'm confident we we'll be closer to the front aerodynamically than we were last year."

The new regulations have also led to changes in cooling and packaging that have influenced the design of the rear end.

"The demands on water and oil cooling may be slightly diminished, but the ERS system is significantly more powerful and hence needs more cooling," said Symonds.

"We also have to cool the charge air from the turbocharger compressor which requires a substantial intercooler."

NEW GEARBOX

The FW36 also features a new eight-speed gearbox, with the team opting to produce its own unit having evaluated the possibility of buying one from Mercedes.

According to Williams, the gearbox ran on the dyno for the first time in November.

"We finished the gearbox relatively early," said Symonds.

"It's completed a lot of running on the test rig and at Mercedes HPP in Brixworth, but you can't take reliability for granted.

"It's a completely new 'box and it has to cope with a lot more torque than was the case with the V8."

HITTING THE WEIGHT LIMIT

Williams has also been able to get the car down to the minimum weight limit of 690kg.

This is despite concerns that the demands of the new regulations would make this difficult for teams to achieve.

"The build of the new car has gone remarkably smoothly," said Symonds.

"But it's been a challenge to get the car down to the weight limit.

"It's been achievable, but it hasn't been easy because the new power unit is heavier than the outgoing V8."

The Williams-Mercedes FW36 will make its on-track debut in the first pre-season test at Jerez, which kicks off on Tuesday.

It will run in the blue 'heritage' livery throughout pre-season testing.

Power Member
    Looks like a dolphin nose

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    looks like this:

regardless, i want to see more!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    As soon as the cars are launched I shall post them on here for your enjoyment

19. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Forum Sage

Don't like this new nose. FI have the nicest car so far this year. Out of the two we've seen anyway

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    I wonder what McLarens will look like tomorrow

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    The Force India nose isn't the actual nose that will be used, its being hidden till the testing :P

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Any other F1 fan in here want to join the Fantasy F1 team Competition? See the main post in the sports thread for details, should be good fun!

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    At least this looks better than that horrendous stepped nose from the last couple of years.

Forum Sage

Yeah true, plus the FI reveal wasn't exactly showing the nose design. Eh. I've seen Willaims have a worst nose I guess.

Remember the horrible walrus?

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Yeah true, plus the FI reveal wasn't exactly showing the nose design. Eh. I've seen Willaims have a worst nose I guess.

Remember the horrible walrus?
    I have to admit I kind of liked that nose actually

Thread Information