Page 189 of 247 FirstFirst ... 179189199 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,725 of 6168
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Mercedes....that is all

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    Mercedes....that is all
    You keep plugging that

For those of you who didn't know:

Martini, one of motor racing's most iconic sponsors, is set to bring its famous white, blue and red colour scheme back to Formula 1 with Williams this year.

After months of speculation suggesting Martini could become Williams's title sponsor, sources have revealed that an agreement has been reached that will result in a full rebranding of the Williams car.

This advanced state of the negotiations was highlighted this week when images of an official Martini-branded Williams shirt appeared on a merchandising website briefly before being removed.

Martini's return to F1 will be its first involvement since it was a sponsor of Ferrari from 2006-08, but at that time its logos only had a small presence on the car.

AUTOSPORT has learned that Martini's decision to go with Williams followed talks with a number of leading teams, including McLaren and Ferrari, about a sponsorship deal.

In the end Martini decided that the attraction of a title deal - with the team set to become Williams Martini Racing - and the prospect of a full-branding opportunity were too good to resist.

The details of the new livery are still being finalised, and are unlikely to be signed off until the team has sorted its line-up of sponsors. A deal with insurance company Genworth was announced this week and Williams is poised to add a deal with Petrobras imminently.

There has been no official confirmation of the Martini news from Williams, with the team declining to comment on the situation when contacted by AUTOSPORT.

However the team has said several times that its race livery will be revealed before the season-opening Australian Grand Prix.

MARTINI IN FORMULA 1

Martini Racing originally entered F1 with the Tecno team in 1972 but the partnership did not yield much success and the drinks company pulled out of F1.

However, a return in 1975 as backer of the Brabham team proved to be a game-changer, as its iconic colours used on a white background achieved worldwide fame.

After that season, Martini elected to switch its branding onto a red background. It remained at Brabham until the end of 1977.

Martini moved to Lotus for 1979 but, while it did have a heavy presence, it did not take on the full branding of the car to the same extent.

After an unsuccessful campaign, Martini withdrew from F1 but it returned in 2006 as a minor sponsor of Ferrari when again its logos featured on a nose.

Its return to F1 in 2014 will be its first fully-branded grand prix car since 1978.

Outside F1, Martini's famous colours featured heavily in sportscars and touring cars - but it was perhaps best known for a tie-up with Lancia in rallying.
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    i will keep randomly posting it till the 1st race of the season!!

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    We al know the Lancia Delta colours right?
    The most successful car ever in Rallying

Last edited by keefy; 02-15-2014 at 00:24.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    We al know the Lancia Delta colours right?
    The most successful car ever in Rallying

Oh yes, will be interesting to see them back on an F1 car this year!

Has anyone else been watching Touring Car Legends on ITV4? If you haven't and even if your not a massive fan of Touring Cars it's a very interesting watch!

Forum Sage
    Having won Nissan's GT Academy online competition in 2011, which included an on-track race at Silverstone, Mardenborough entered the world of motorsports.

Competing in sportscars, he went on to contest Formula 3 with Carlin where he finished sixth in the British Formula Three Championship.

His efforts caught the attention of Red Bull team boss Horner who will now race the 22-year-old in his Arden International team in GP3.

"I feel ready for GP3," he said. "I've prepared well and I have all the right people around me to help my development, so I can fully focus on my racing.

"I haven't raced the GP3 car yet but, going on initial testing, I prefer the GP3 car to an F3 car. The power is very addictive! This season is my opportunity to impress more people in the sport who make the decisions on who makes it into F1 and who doesn't and I'm going to give it my best shot.

"F3 has taught me so many things, both in the car and out of the car, both mentally and physically. It was a great stage in my development and I'm sure the skills I've learnt there will help me in GP3 and beyond."

However, Mardenborough is already looking to the future and told Sky Sports Online that he dreams of Formula One.

"That will be the ultimate goal, but we are just trying to see how far we can go up the ladder and see if I can keep improving. If I keep improving then I think that is possible," he said.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227...-Mardenborough

Imagine a F1 driver coming up from Gran Turismo

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    That would be something!

Isn't the Bahrain test at the end of this week?

Forum Sage
    I think it starts Tuesday or Wednesday

I really hope this season isn't ALL about the god damn tires. Or something else for that matter, got so boring so quickly last year. Every other comment was tires tires tires.

And it's good to see red bull struggling, hope it continues, or Ricciardo gives Vettel a serious run for his money.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Latest on tomorrow test from Autosport:

Formula 1's pre-season testing programme gets back underway in Bahrain on Wednesday, with all eyes on Renault's promised engine fixes.

The French marque endured a disastrous first test at Jerez two weeks ago and has promised changes both to the engine hardware and software that is hoped will allow its four teams to rack up significant mileage in the two remaining tests in Bahrain.

With the Lotus E22 making its public debut in Bahrain having run two promotional event days at Jerez on February 8-9 and managing 100kms on the second of those days, reigning champion Red Bull is the team with the smallest mileage completed.

That makes this week potentially decisive in Red Bull's hopes of defending its title as with the engine $#@!logation deadline on February 28, time is running out to troubleshoot problems if they do arise.

But Renault's head of track operations Remi Taffin is confident that the work done away from the circuits has been effective.

"I don't think we are missing any facilities to try to work out the best way and to find problems and to solve them," said Taffin when asked by AUTOSPORT about Renault's dyno facilities.

"It's not like we have a raffle of problems, we had two or three big problems that we have now solved and that's why I am always talking about hardware and software.

"The hardware is on the line, but we have to do a lot of work on the software and calibration.

"That's the main area we are working on and we have the right facilities to do that. It's a question of time."

UPGRADES TO COME

Many cars ran at Jerez in a relatively basic launch specification with the focus on getting mileage on the engines.

It is anticipated that there will be a raft of front wing changes, in particular, in Bahrain because many teams ran initially with very similar packages to 2013.

With the wings now 150mm narrower than they were in 2013, more substantial changes are expected from those teams.

Sauber, for example, has confirmed that it will have a package that is close to Australian GP-specification, with new front and rear wings as well as other aerodynamic detail work.

"In Bahrain we are going to have an aerodynamic package that should be almost in race trim, except for a few components maybe," said chief designer Eric Gandelin.

"So the idea is to be ready on the mechanical side and we can get there and start to work on performance."

WHO IS FASTEST?

Mercedes emerged as the star turn of the Jerez test, not because of its outright pace but because of reliability and engine performance.

Crucially, it was the only team to complete a proper race simulation, with Nico Rosberg managing to go five laps beyond the 69-lap race distance at Jerez.

While this put the marque's works team, and Mercedes-powered Williams, Force India and McLaren, in an encouraging position only in Bahrain will the watching world start to see any hint of a competitive order.

Ferrari also showed well, particularly with the apparent drivability of its power unit, meaning that the Scuderia could also emerge as a pacesetter in Bahrain.

As for the Renault teams, their struggles in Spain mean that there is significant room for improvement. If the engines run well in Bahrain, the teams' so-far unseen potential will also begin to emerge.

This week's Bahrain test runs from Wednesday to Saturday, with the final test of winter 2014 also taking place at Sakhir from Thursday February 27 to Sunday March 2.

Forum Sage

Formula 1 Thread

Test day!

That lotus double tusk is different

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Isn't it just, will be interesting to see what lap times they put in!

2 1/2 hours gone and this how it stands: (times mean nothing of course)

1 Magnussen McLaren 1m39.224s
    2 Hamilton Mercedes 1m39.464s +0.240
    3 Hulkenberg Force India 1m39.923s +0.699
    4 Alonso Ferrari 1m41.115s +1.891
    5 Sutil Sauber 1m42.849s +3.625
    6 Frijns Caterham 1m44.337s +5.113
    7 Grosjean Lotus 1m44.832s +5.608

Red Bull and Torro Rosso still completed 0 laps.....

Forum Sage

Formula 1 Thread

ThisMagnussen seems to have a tonne of pace. Though yes it means nothing until we know what his race pace is like.

The longer these Renault/Red Bull woes continue the better!

www.playseat.com/en/playseat-rbr-1-seat

I need the above in my life for F1 2014

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    That is awesome, 929 for the cheapest one though, good if you have the money and space lol

This sounds quite worrying though:

09:14 More from EDD STRAW on the work going on in the Red Bull garage, part of what the team described on Twitter just now as a "slight delay".

It comes as little surprise to hear that Straw has spotted "work going on around the back" of the RB10. He adds that it "sounds like there might be some cutting or grinding equipment involved".

Sorry, we don't have a cutting or grinding icon...

Forum Sage
    Of which I have neither I can dream though.

Ooh. I wonder what on earth could be the problem other then cooling. Has the Newey effect reached the first proper obstacle?

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    God knows but having to angle grind part of your rear bodywork is never a good sign lol

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    it sounds like Renault REALLY flocked up their 2014 engine :/

If stuff is getting ground, and cut, off the back, i imagine this engine is causing all kinds of issues for neweys design. Newey; who is famous for very tight packaging toward the back of the car.

Also, Red Bull never had luck with kers. now they have the kers and ers (???) to worry about. not looking good for them.

should make for interesting race day!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    You can never write Red Bull off with Newey around but then again not all his designs have been proven race winners. This was a great read on Autosport+ so will post it for your enjoyment:

When Newey got it wrong

Adrian Newey is a design legend of F1, but even he gets it wrong sometimes. EDD STRAW looks back at five Newey creations that were at best unsuccessful, and at worst a total nightmare

MARCH-JUDD 891/LEYTON HOUSE-JUDD CG901

Adrian Newey's first technical directorship was with the Leyton House-owned March team. In 1988, the March 881 had set the template for the modern era of aerodynamics and was one of the few cars to occasionally trouble the McLaren-Hondas.

But the team struggled in 1989 with the March 891 and the following year with what was dubbed the Leyton House CG901, but what was to all intents and purposes the same as the previous year's car.

In the first six races of 1990, Ivan Capelli and Mauricio Gugelmin failed to qualify as often as not and, amid management turmoil (team principal Ian Phillips was laid up with meningitis), Newey saw the writing on the wall and accepted an offer to join Williams as chief designer. Effectively, he jumped before he was pushed.

"The 891 was troublesome to start with and that was mainly aerodynamically," said Newey of the car. "We had some gearbox problems at first but, once we had sorted those, the car wasn't as stable as the 881 had been.

"It wasn't until the first part of 1990 that we looked at the windtunnel itself and realised that the floor had bowed over a period of time and was giving completely false readings, sending us in the wrong direction."

Ironically, Capelli came within an ace of winning the race after Newey left, the French Grand Prix at Paul Ricard.

In Mexico, a new floor/diffuser package had been introduced but the combination of bumpy track and poor readings from the windtunnel meant it didn't work. At ultra-smooth Paul Ricard it was another matter, and only a late fuel-pressure warning led to Capelli lifting, allowing Alain Prost's Ferrari to pass him for victory.

WILLIAMS-RENAULT FW16

It seems harsh to describe a car that took the constructors' championship as anything other than a success. But the ban on driver aids, specifically active ride, made life very difficult for Newey, then Williams chief designer, in 1994.

"The rule change banning active ride was a big problem," said Newey of the car, which in the first half of the season was capable of being rapid but was all too often on a knife-edge.

The dominant FW14B and FW15C of 1992 and '93 relied upon fine-tuning of ride heights for the aero platform to work and the '94 car proved too critical and prone to stalling.

Significant upgrades at Imola and Magny-Cours made the car more consistent and laid the foundation for Damon Hill's run at the world title.

MCLAREN-MERCEDES MP4-18

The unraced MP4-18 of 2003 lives in infamy on Newey's record. A series of delays while the MP4-17D - a highly evolved version of the '02 McLaren - raced on eventually turned into the permanent mothballing of the troublesome car.

When it first tested, at Paul Ricard, the short-sidepodded MP4-18 was instantly faster than its predecessor but managed only 28 laps. Hydraulic problems were a particular difficulty, and things turned from bad to worse in testing in June when Kimi Raikkonen and Alex Wurz suffered big accidents in Spain.

There were positives about the car, which was tightly packaged with a Mercedes engine that was planned to be lighter and more potent. But it struggled to pass its crash tests. "I wouldn't say it's radical," said Newey, but with innovations such as its exhaust chimneys it was distinctive.

Ron Dennis described the MP4-18 as the "mother" of the following year's MP4-19, with many design features carried over, although that machine only won once in 2004.

MCLAREN MP4-21

The 2006 McLaren failed to win a GP and, while Newey had left the team for Red Bull by the time it finally raced, he did contribute to the design.

The MP4-21 lacked downforce and aero efficiency and did not develop as well as needed throughout the season, but it would be harsh to hold Newey responsible for the overall failure of the car.

RED BULL-RENAULT RB3

The 2007 Red Bull was the first pukka Newey-designed car produced by the team, and did allow it to get to the front of the midfield fight. But with the Red Bull team still immature and Newey only having joined early in 2006, it was still raw.

The fundamental concept was good aerodynamically, but what Newey described as the "hurried" commissioning of the Bicester windtunnel by Jaguar (which became Red Bull ahead of the 2005 season) held it back.

"We had significant differences between how the windtunnel suggested the car should behave and how it actually did behave," said Newey.

"And given the very short time we had, we just looked at the parts that might be misbehaving and redesigned them based on my previous experience."

That went some way to solving the aerodynamic problems. But, and this will sound very familiar, the tight packaging of the seamless-shift gearbox caused major problems.

The result was overheating bearings as a result of too much compromise for aerodynamic advantage, and the majority of Red Bull's technical problems during 2007 were caused by the gearbox.

19. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Who picked Red Bull as their constructor in the FF1 Thread? It's not too late to change :P

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Really hope this is the end of red bull, come on mercedes and $#@! mclaren

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Who picked Red Bull as their constructor in the FF1 Thread? It's not too late to change :P
    No one luckly enough

Can't see anyone changing it to them now though!

This mornings report:

Bahrain F1 test: Magnussen tops first morning, Red Bull still in trouble

Kevin Magnussen set the pace as the second pre-season Formula 1 test in Bahrain got underway this morning.

The Dane eclipsed early pacesetter Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes by two tenths of a second, with Force India's Nico Hulkenberg completing a Mercedes-engined lockout of the top three places on the timesheet.

The Lotus E22 made its public debut, completing seven laps in the hands of Romain Grosjean.

The Frenchman was outpaced by Robin Frijns, who set the sixth fastest time for Caterham and completed 26 laps.

The problems continued at fellow Renault-powered outfits Red Bull and Toro Rosso, as neither squad completed any running in the morning.

Red Bull kept its RB10 out of sight behind garage doors as the team worked to get it running without success.

The Toro Rosso suffered an oil leak, so new signing Daniel Kvyat has yet to complete a lap.

Ferrari's Fernando Alonso caused the first red flag of the day when the Ferrari F14 T first left the pits billowing smoke thanks to an oil leak.

Alonso went on to set the fourth fastest time, 1.1s clear of Sauber's Adrian Sutil, who brought out the red flags again after spinning at Turn 1.

Felipe Massa's Williams and Jules Bianchi's Marussia only completed a handful of installation laps at the start of the test, which was delayed by 30 minutes due to confusion over the number of marshals present at the circuit.

Pos Driver Team Time Gap

1. Kevin Magnussen McLaren-Mercedes 1m39.224s

2. Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1m39.464s +0.240s

3. Nico Hulkenberg Force India-Mercedes 1m39.923s +0.699s

4. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1m41.115s +1.891s

5. Adian Sutil Sauber-Ferrari 1m42.849s +3.625s

6. Robin Frijns Caterham-Renault 1m44.337s +5.113s

7. Romain Grosjean Lotus-Renault 1m44.832s +5.608s

Forum Sage
    Hamiltons fastest is 1m39.153 according to BBC

www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/car/f1-w05-360-video/

Mercedes have released a lap of Silverstone with the new car with a 360 degree video

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    times mean nothing, i fully expect and hope mcwacken to be just as $#@! without their main boy

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    times mean nothing, i fully expect and hope mcwacken to be just as $#@! without their main boy
    You REALLY don't like McLaren do you

Forum Sage

Formula 1 Thread

Yeah times do mean nothing without knowing everyone's objectives for the session.

I wouldn't write Mclaren off with RD back in the main seat. Most of the problems seemed to come from MW who appeared to be a complete tool.

A Mercedes and Ferrari top 3 at the end of the season would be fantastic.

I just don't think 33x (think blackbauer was a wicked name) liked anything that isn't to do with LH plus they cost him the 2012 season

Thread Information