Page 199 of 264 FirstFirst ... 189199209 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,975 of 6579
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Can actually hear them burn rubber now when they lock up in the bends and when they exit the pit box.

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Was a great race, really good to watch all the way to the end!

McLaren top of the constructors

Will not be for long I know but will enjoy it while it's here
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    That was a brilliant start of the season. It was a shame about Hamo but all in all I saw mostly the old heads struggling and the newer heads doing better. Here's my round-up:

Mercedes
    Nico Rosberg - What a start, it was like his car was glued to the road and he was just slingshotted towards the first corner. Kept his composure and just kept his pedal to the metal all the way from start to finish. That safety car was early on enough to not really hurt him, anyway I don't think that RBR would've had the straight line speed of that Mercedes down the pit straight.
    Lewis Hamilton - Clearly you could see off the line that something wasn't right with his car, even with Mark Webber last year Vettel didn't pull away THAT quickly like Rosberg did, well a couple laps later it pretty much showed and that was that. A cylinder died I think.

Red Bull
    Daniel Ricciardo - Sensational drive. I honestly thought that he only got that position mainly because the rain is usually a good power equaliser but this whole race was dry and that was some real pace there. Granted he probably would've ended up more than 40 seconds down, he was still best of the rest.
    Sebastian Vettel - Just like Lewis I guess we won't know how quick he was in his RBR but it seems like he was having an ERS issue?

McLaren
    Kevin Magnussen - Wow! It's not since Lewis since I've seen a debut drive like that and if Daniel wasn't ahead of him then I think he could've finished closer to Nico, well probably within 30 seconds at least but that was a great drive. So much better than his dad.
    Jenson Button - As usual a tactician at his best finding the best opportunities to get ahead of his opponents. Sure it might have been via the pits but the fact is after he got past them he was much quicker and he was catching both Daniel and Kevin pretty quickly! He needs to get that luck in qualifying sorted.

Williams
    Valterri Bottas - If it wasn't for him overcooking when coming onto the back straight then I believe he would have easily got second, Bottas was clearly on a mission today and damn was that Williams a lean meaning super light on fuel flying machine! It seems Martini have added some go-faster strips and it works in F1!
    Felipe Massa -

Toro Roso
    Daniil Kvyat - What a superb drive for the 19 year old, I never would have thought he would get into the top 10. He kept his calm for a solid drive but was a little easy to pass so perhaps he needs to work on his defence but otherwise some good stuff.
    Jean-Eric Vergne - Another solid drive but the other cars around him were just simply too good. Still though both him and Kvyat finished just behind Kimi.

Ferrari
    Fernando Alonso - A bit of a mediocre race really, he couldn't seem to get past Hulkenberg and he couldn't really catch anyone after that so he pretty much finished where he started.
    Kimi Raikonnen - Quite a poor drive really, the only time when he was actually driving well was when he was trying to race away from Vergne who was pushing him quite hard.

Force India
    Nico Hulkenberg - Another solid drive putting his car into places where it shouldn't be. I honestly am wondering why he hasn't been given a top seat yet as clearly he's consistently pushing way beyond his weight. Thankfully he's with FI this year and not Lotus which seems like it would hinder his career altogether.
    Sergio Perez - He was in the race? I think it was pretty quiet for him as nothing and no one was really around him except for that one time when Bottas flew by.

Sauber
    Adrian Sutil and Gutierrez - Both just didn't feature in the race at all and they didn't even battle on the track because Sutil was far enough ahead.

Marussia
    Max Chilton - *claps for 20 straight race classified finishes* another solid drive in a car that just do any driver justice. In pre-season I thought it would actually get quite a bit further up the grid this time but I guess not. Shame about the start.
    Jules Bianchi - Just like Max it's a shame about the start but it was funny to see him unlapping himself against Max.

Caterham
    Kamui Koboyashi - Hmm a 1 race ban perhaps?
    Marcus Ericsson - He actually was punching up a fair way in the grid, certainly ahead of the Lotus' but I guess in the end it was a matter of time till it let go. Shame really as he looked like he was showing what that car was capable of.

Lotus
    Maldonado and Grosjean - Again they both had quiet races except for being beaten by Ericsson on track and Bottas flying past so nothing to comment on really... oh except that they left the circuit at the same spot . Grosjean was clearly faster than Pastor though so maybe that'll hinder his chances for not getting a race seat for next year. This Lotus needs sorting out pronto. Being beaten by a Caterham...

4. Likes Duffman likes this post
    PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    I'm going to have to double post for this one as it's quite big news. Daniel Ricciardo might be disqualified from the race as his car exceeded consistently 100kg/h of fuel flow (aka carbon emissions). Now all cars will go above 100kg/h during the race every lap at certain points, the Red Bull was apparently doing it constant long stretches. What does this mean? Well my guess is that Red Bull boosted the car's power to allow it to have enough airflow to cool the engine at the cost of a higher emissions rate, with the FiA's zero tolerance for consistent emissions above 100kg/h I can see Ricciardo being removed from second. It's a shame as he put in a fantastic performance.

In which case both McLarens will then have both podium spots and Bottas will have effectively doubled Williams' points from the whole of last season!

Edit: Kamui's Caterham had a rear brake failure so the accident was not his fault and he has not been given a penalty.

Edit 2: Ricciardo has been disqualified. Red Bull are appealing and have said "Inconsistencies with the FIA fuel flow meter have been prevalent all weekend up and down the pitlane", so why is it that only RBR have been DQ'd then? Can't take the fact that they're not getting their way for once I see.

Elite Sage

Oooh that's a biggie. Gutted for Riccardo, smiling cause of red bull

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Woop, Big Kev into 2nd now
    Nico Rosberg Sergio Perez Kevin Magnussen

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    That is a shame for Riccardo but means more points for me in the F1 Fantasy Competiton

Supreme Veteran
    I guess the Red Bull's improvements make sense now since they were using too much fuel.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Never realized that some of the sponsors were digitally added. Always thought they looked weird but i guess this is why :L

Attachment 5988

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Never realized that some of the sponsors were digitally added. Always thought they looked weird but i guess this is why :L

Attachment 5988

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Be interesting to see what Red Bulls pace will be now in Malaysia if they don't add anymore upgrades......

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by PlanetF1
    The FIA stewards have issued the following explanation for their decision to exclude Red Bull driver Daniel Ricciardo from the results.

1) The Technical Delegate reported to the Stewards that Car 3 exceeded the required fuel mass flow of 100kg/h. (Article 5.1.4 of the Formula One Technical Regulations)

2) This parameter is outside of the control of the driver, Daniel Ricciardo.

3) The fuel flow is measured using the fuel flow sensor (Art. 5.10.3 & 5.10.4 of the Technical Regulations) which is $#@!logated by the FIA and owned and operated by the team.

4) The stewards considered the history of the fitted fuel flow sensor, as described by the team and the Technical Delegate's representative who administers the program. Their description of the history of the sensor matches.

a. During Practice 1 a difference in reading between the first three and Run 4 was detected. The same readings as Run 4 were observed throughout Practice 2.

b. The team used a different sensor on Saturday but did not get readings that were satisfactory to them or the FIA, so they were instructed to change the sensor within Parc Ferme on Saturday night.

c. They operated the original sensor during the race, which provided the same readings as Run 4 of Practice 1, and Practice 2.

5) The Stewards heard from the technical representative that when the sensor was installed on Saturday night, he instructed the team to apply an offset to their fuel flow such that the fuel flow would have been legal. He presented an email to the stewards that verified his instruction.

6) The technical representative stated to the Stewards that there is variation in the sensors. However, the sensors fall within a known range, and are individually calibrated. They then become the standard which the teams must use for their fuel flow.

7) The team stated that based on the difference observed between the two readings in P1, they considered the fuel flow sensor to be unreliable. Therefore, for the start of the race they chose to use their internal fuel flow model, rather than the values provided by the sensor, with the required offset.

Technical Directive 01614 (1 March 2014) provides the methodology by which the sensor will be used, and, should the sensor fail, the method by which the alternate model could be used.

a. The Technical Directive starts by stating: "The $#@!logated fuel flow sensor will be the primary measurement of the fuel flow and will be used to check compliance with Articles 5.1.4 and 5.1.5 of the F1 Technical Regulations..." This is in conformity with Articles 5.10.3 and 5.10.4 of the Technical Regulations.

b. The Technical Directive goes on to state: "If at any time WE consider that the sensor has an issue which has not been detected by the system WE will communicate this to the team concerned and switch to a backup system" (emphasis added.)

c. The backup system is the calculated fuel flow model with a correction factor decided by the FIA.

9) The FIA technical representative observed thought the telemetry during the race that the fuel flow was too high and contacted the team, giving them the opportunity to follow his previous instruction, and reduce the fuel flow such that it was within the limit, as measured by the $#@!logated sensor - and thus gave the team the opportunity to be within compliance. The team chose not to make this correction.

10) Under Art. 3.2 of the Sporting Regulations it is the duty of the team to ensure compliance with the Technical Regulations throughout the Event. Thus the Stewards find that:

A) The team chose to run the car using their fuel flow model, without direction from the FIA. This is a violation of the procedure within TD/ 01614.

B) That although the sensor showed a difference in readings between runs in P1, it remains the $#@!logated and required sensor against which the team is obliged to measure their fuel flow, unless given permission by the FIA to do otherwise.

C) The Stewards were satisfied by the explanation of the technical representative that by making an adjustment as instructed, the team could have run within the allowable fuel flow.

D) That regardless of the team's assertion that the sensor was fault, it is not within their discretion to run a different fuel flow measurement method without the permission of the FIA.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    stupid effing site and double posting...

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Erm... Varsh, you know Nico only slingshotted past Lewis cos Lewis had an engine problem before the race even started

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Could care less about Daniel or Kevin

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    Erm... Varsh, you know Nico only slingshotted past Lewis cos Lewis had an engine problem before the race even started

I did say so. I quote:
    Lewis Hamilton - Clearly you could see off the line that something wasn't right with his car, even with Mark Webber last year Vettel didn't pull away THAT quickly like Rosberg did, well a couple laps later it pretty much showed and that was that. A cylinder died I think.

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    Stuff.....
    So the DQ still stands?

Here are the regs
    http://www.fia.com/sites/default/fil...14-01-23_0.pdf

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Looks like it, I'm pretty sure though that Magnussen would have wanted to race to second place and not just given it because of a disqualification, good to see McLaren up there again though after the dismal season we had last year!

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Pfft, $#@! mclaren and riccardio and Mercedes petronas for that matter for giving my boy a dud car. morons, i gave them hell on twitter!

Elite Sage

It's a long season. But if the Mercedes cars are as dominant as we may think then Lewis needs Rosberg to also have a DNF otherwise that points gap will be difficult to close.

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Pfft, $#@! mclaren and riccardio and Mercedes petronas for that matter for giving my boy a dud car. morons, i gave them hell on twitter!
    You really don't like anyone but Hamilton in F1 do you

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    It's a long season. But if the Mercedes cars are as dominant as we may think then Lewis needs Rosberg to also have a DNF otherwise that points gap will be difficult to close.

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.
    This is my fear, if they keep on finishing 1 & 2. FYI i dont seem being a brawn and everyone catching up at the halfway point

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    You really don't like anyone but Hamilton in F1 do you
    Nope, i really dont. I only started watching F1 as i heard about a black young Englishmen who was the nuts, really dont give a toss about any other driver

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    I wonder how long it would be before suggestions of team sabotage came into it.

I propose some rule changes for 2015 to make everyone happy

1. rename F1 to formula hamilton.
    2. issue on the spot fines and penalties to teams with the name "red" in their title, or the colour itself as part of their colour scheme.
    3. auto-disqualify anyone who has a surname that rhymes with a kitchen appliance.
    4. more than one mechanical failure in a season for the best driver that ever donned a crash helmet should give rise to a full blown public inquiry. regardless of the outcome, his team mate should be disqualified from the following race, be forced to pay a file of $120k, and have to take a 10 place grid drop for the following race.
    5. martin whitmarsh's body should be hung from the start lights by the neck at the start of each race.
    6. jenson button should be made to participate using a unicycle with a flat tyre.
    7. jenson button should be made to wear a blindfold.
    8. jenson button should be made to cycle backwards.
    9. jenson button should be made to recite the alphabet backwards
    10. jenson button should be disqualified from every race for dangerous driving/cycling.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

25. Likes 33x likes this post
    Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    This is my fear, if they keep on finishing 1 & 2. FYI i dont seem being a brawn and everyone catching up at the halfway point

Nope, i really dont. I only started watching F1 as i heard about a black young Englishmen who was the nuts, really dont give a toss about any other driver
    Can I just ask why you don't see anyone catching up with Mercedes throughout the year?

That's fair enough, we all have people we do and don't like even if it is every driver except one

Elite Sage

I like Jenson, he is a very smooth driver. Also he would be my closest local driver, AFAIK. But the spotlight is on him. If he gets done over by Magnusen he will might look a bit past it

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Thread Information