Latest PSU headlines:

Page 206 of 236 FirstFirst ... 196206216 ... LastLast
Results 5,126 to 5,150 of 5880
    Forum Sage

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Formula 1 Thread

Triple trouble
    Last edited by BBK..; 03-31-2014 at 09:18.

Forum Sage

Formula 1 Thread

Double trouble
    Last edited by BBK..; 03-31-2014 at 09:19.

Forum Sage

She scrubs up well. Fair play to him. But I swear he only just had his first child in the last few months, sure I read that.

I guess Horner is onto a new conquest

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Horny Horner
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitch ID: Duffman041986

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Formally known as:

Forum Sage

Haha RB10 name confirmed!

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Haha RB10 name confirmed!

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Hamilton thinks Red Bull are catching them up fast:
    Lewis Hamilton says Mercedes must now brace itself for a 'big' Formula 1 title fight with Red Bull, despite the Brackley-based team comfortably winning the first two races of 2014.

The Briton secured Mercedes' second consecutive win of the season in the Malaysian Grand Prix, just a fortnight after Nico Rosberg triumphed in Australia.

But although Mercedes' competitive advantage seems large right now, Hamilton says he has no doubts that Red Bull is on the verge of a breakthrough that will make it part of the title fight.

"Sebastian [Vettel] was massively quick here," said Hamilton. "He was applying pressure to Nico.

"Looking at their pace, their car is just as quick as ours through the corners. They are just slower on the straights.

"I have no doubts at all that Renault are going to fix that and, when they do, you are going to see a big race between us and the Bulls.

"They still have a fantastic car. I have looked at the GPS - they are the same speed through all the corners.

"And also Ferrari are not too far off as well. It is going to hot up during the year."

Mercedes has been open about its surprise at Red Bull's progress rate since its winter testing woes, and Hamilton says the pressure from its rival is real.

It means Mercedes needs to work on an aggressive development push if it is to stave off the threat.

"I am going to keep pushing my team to continue developing and improving the car," he said.

"There are plenty of places we can improve upon, and I am sure everyone else is doing the same thing.

"This car was fantastic this weekend. I felt like I got every bit that I needed from it."
    Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, Malaysian GP 2014, Sepang

Hamilton reckons the lessons he took on board after Friday practice in Malaysia - when Rosberg had carried out a better race run - were key to him beating his team-mate this time out.

"On long run pace you could see our long run in FP2," he said. "Nico went a lap longer and was generally similar pace, so I was expecting that in this race.

"But from that running I learned a lot about where I could improve. It is one thing learning it, but being able to apply it doesn't always work.

"But here it worked and that is why I was pulling away."

Formally known as:

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    At least they are not underestimating the opposition.

Horner and Halliwell is that some kind of April fool?

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Red Bull where never going to be far away, once many of the teams have got over the minor niggles of the new car it won't take them long to make them faster it never does! Will be interesting to see if McLaren's upgrades work any better at Bahrain!

Formally known as:

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Expect another dominant performance from Mercedes this weekend:

Red Bull fears that Mercedes will be further ahead in this weekend's Bahrain Grand Prix than it was in Malaysia.

Although Sebastian Vettel was able to take the fight to Nico Rosberg at Sepang, Red Bull Formula 1 team boss Christian Horner thinks that the next race will be much tougher.

For while Red Bull's downforce levels helped mask its power deficit in Malaysia, he reckons the horsepower advantage that Mercedes has will allow it to stretch its legs more in Bahrain.

"I think their advantage in Bahrain will possibly be larger than it was in Malaysia, because that is quite a power dominated circuit," said Horner.

"Our middle sector in Malaysia was closer than the third sector, but the first sector was where they killed us all weekend - and it is effectively two straights.

"On average there was 0.5 seconds [difference between Mercedes and Red Bull] on those two straights."

Horner also thinks that Bahrain's climate will hamper Red Bull's hopes too, because it will not be able to count on the rain that has helped it secure front row starts at both the opening races.

"It doesn't tend to rain in Bahrain, so we are going to try to make as much progress as we can in the week," he said.

"The dynos are busy running in Paris and hopefully we can nudge a bit closer to them again, if at all possible, next weekend."

Formally known as:

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    I don't know why but why didn't Renault develop their KERS system over the last couple of seasons? This is what's hampering them clearly. They knew about these changes ahead of time so they should've known this was going to happen to them. As an engine supplier even I would have built an entire system myself as you can't get a better system than one that works natively.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    I don't know why but why didn't Renault develop their KERS system over the last couple of seasons? This is what's hampering them clearly. They knew about these changes ahead of time so they should've known this was going to happen to them. As an engine supplier even I would have built an entire system myself as you can't get a better system than one that works natively.
    Probably because Red Bull have been so dominant over those seasons and Newey hates KERS so much that they didn't real feel the need to!

Formally known as:

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Well it's biting them in the arse now.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Well it's biting them in the arse now.
    Pretty much, their loss is everyone else's gain, the amount of times I have heard Red Bull having trouble with their KERS system they might as well just replace it with a solid lump of metal that weights the same yet doesn't do anything

Formally known as:

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Mercedes petronas 1/2 for the foreseeable. I like it

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    Mercedes petronas 1/2 for the foreseeable. I like it
    This is Hamilton's year I feel, Rosberg is good but not as good as the Hamster!

Formally known as:

Forum Sage

As long as Hamilton isn't hit by reliability problems and manages to keep finishing above Rosberg, it certainly could be his year. Hopefully that DNF start wont come back to haunt him. Otherwise it would've been an easy possible 50 points for him.

I just want more British wins. Fed up of that German national anthem but then again if Hamilton wins we will keep hearing it. Argh!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    I think it's premature to nail any driver on as world champion-elect after only 2 races, no matter how dominant those 2 races have been. I've been watching F1 long enough to know better than do such a thing.

the extent that red bull have closed the gap since their pre-season testing disarray is nothing short of incredible. with the facilities they have, and adrian newey, it's only a matter of time before their ball starts rolling.

2 races is nowhere near enough time to gauge mercedes' dominance, it could very well be that time shows them to have questionable reliability.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    That's why I'm trying to remain quiet atm re Lewis. Trying to!

But I soon think red bull have come on that much tbh. Both qualified have been wet so made it look closer than it is, in the dry they get left. $#@! red bull. These changes were designed to negate red bull. Still think they will be the 2nd team to beat but it's definitely Mercedes who the team to beat and will be this season.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    I'm pretty sure that it was up to the teams to develop the KERS and not the engine manufacturers unless they were a works team which RB aren't. Red Bull's system always failed because of where it was packaged, i sure he had it right next to the engine so it just overheated.

Spain will probably move the teams about again. Bound to be a load of different parts coming for the cars, or maybe even a new chassis if your Sauber. Apparently they are developing a light weight one for the Spanish GP
    Nico Rosberg Sergio Perez Kevin Magnussen

Supporting the Netherlands at the World Cup #ORANJE #NED #KNVB

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    As they say Bahrain will give us a better indication as to where most teams are, will be interesting to see where the Red Bulls qualify in the dry as even Horner said they have been helped by the wet weather!

Can't wait to see Bahrain as a twilight race, we need more of these on the calender I feel!

I think it's premature to nail any driver on as world champion-elect after only 2 races, no matter how dominant those 2 races have been. I've been watching F1 long enough to know better than do such a thing.

Oh I wasn't nailing him as a definite world champion just a gut feeling that I have. Just as in 2009 when I felt Jenson Button would become world champion and he did, was going to put a bet on him as well and I never did in the end, missed out there as the odds where pretty good in terms of money I could have won
    Last edited by Duffman; 04-03-2014 at 08:50.

Formally known as:

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Interesting Autosport report worth sharing:

How a rubber tube could decide a title

However deep Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg have to dig to outdo each other on track, there's one factor that neither can have any influence over in their title battle: Lady Luck's shining light.

You can argue all you want about there being no luck in motor racing - that diligence is the mother of good fortune - but in sport sometimes you simply get dealt a bad card.

Last weekend, in a fascinating moment of transparency, Mercedes-Benz engine chief Andy Cowell came clean about the misfortune that had wrecked Hamilton's victory chances a fortnight ago in Australia. He pulled from his pocket a small plastic bag that had inside it a spark plug and a small blue rubber tube, no bigger than your little finger.

He explained how this tube, which insulates the spark plug in the engine, had developed a miniscule fault on the inside where the two parts of the tube had been moulded together.

Over the course of the Melbourne weekend, this weakness had been attacked by the spark - so much so that on the formation lap a hole had burned completely through the rubber. This allowed the spark to short on the cylinder head, leaving Hamilton with a V5 on the formation lap and no chance of finishing the race.

While a more robust design would have prevented the failure in the first place, it doesn't escape the fact that Hamilton had been tremendously unlucky to be hit with a case of Finagle's Law of Dynamic Negatives - anything that can go wrong will, and at the worst possible moment.

Just think about it. Of the 48 rubber drop tubes fitted to the Mercedes-powered cars in Australia, Hamilton's was the only one that suffered this issue. The problem had never been encountered on the dyno during all the years of the new turbo engines' development; and neither had there been an issue during the thousands of kilometres of track testing in Jerez and Bahrain.

Worse than that, though, was that it happened to fail just moments past the point of no return. Had it gone earlier in the weekend, even in qualifying, then it could have been replaced.

We must also consider that if Hamilton had not been forced to miss FP1 in Australia, due to a faulty sensor shutting his car down, then the problem may have come to light early enough in the weekend for it not to strike him on race day.

Rewind a bit further and we must remember that Mercedes had elected to replace the engine on Hamilton's car before the track action got underway, because it was worried about a fault in the unit he was originally going to use. So Lewis should never have had this one faulty tube in his car in the first place.

"All things, even bad things, happen for a reason," said Hamilton afterwards. "Even if we don't like it and even if it's not good, there's always a reason for it happening. That is how I look at it. So I'm looking at the glass half full rather than half empty."

Maybe he's right to react like this. For while that rubber tube cost him a decent chunk of points in Australia, it also means he now has an engine that's done one race distance fewer than Rosberg.

With the strict limit of five engines this season, that mileage advantage could benefit him later in the campaign, meaning he can either use more power at a specific race to take a win, or he can be more flexible in saving up fresher engines for when they are needed most.

Let's also not forget that the unpopular double-points rule also favours those whose luck comes late in the campaign. For Hamilton, Australia may have felt like an unlucky break, but in the ebb and flow of a season it could yet prove to be the best thing that happened to him.

And neither he nor Rosberg will be able to do a thing about it.

Formally known as:

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    It probably cost a few pence as well, but without out it the car is useless.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Just goes to show you that such a small thing can be so costly, could happen to any driver!

Formally known as:

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Bahrain first practice has started

Formally known as:

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    was just about to wake this thread up duffman

how you doing on this fine...well its midnight over here. i guess afternoon where you are?
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Thread Information