Page 210 of 263 FirstFirst ... 200210220 ... LastLast
Results 5,226 to 5,250 of 6572
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    Burn it onto a disc and send it to me 33x! easiest 100 you're ever going to make!!!!
    Lol, its on my tivo box bro!

but im sure you can get in in the "usual" places

Can you get bbc iplayer where you are?

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Does anyone else take part in the Castrol GP Predictor? If so fancy creating a league
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Lewis Hamilton says he will take a leaf out of Nico Rosberg's book and study his Mercedes Formula 1 team-mate's data to work out where he can do better.

The Bahrain Grand Prix winner found that lessons he had put to good use to win in Malaysia had been taken on board by team-mate Rosberg in the next race, thanks to the open data policy that exists within Mercedes.

Following a weekend where Rosberg ended up with the quicker car, Hamilton intends to study where he has to improve in the hope he can triumph again in China.

"It could have been a lot different right now - the pain I would have been feeling in my heart having lost after leading the race, or being quick early on in the weekend," said Hamilton.

"But I'm relaxed, I'm happy. But I also know there is a lot of work to do.

"I know that I lacked a little bit of pace, I didn't have the pace that I had last week [in Malaysia].

"So I'm going to study hard these next two weeks and I'm going to be giving it a lot of thought."

He said Rosberg had gone into a lot of depth to analyse his Malaysia performance.

"Someone in the team did a huge study on my pace last week and, as I arrived here this weekend, there was this big document with all the reasons why I was quick. And he used that to his advantage," said Hamilton.

"So I'll do the same and hope that it works for me."
    This is how all F1 teams should work!

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    Which battle we talking about here?
    There's only one season where Alonso and Hamilton were in the same team so I'll let you try and figure that one out.

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    There's only one season where Alonso and Hamilton were in the same team so I'll let you try and figure that one out.
    That was 2007, so I guess you are talking about Vettel and Riccardo then?
    Last edited by Duffman; 04-08-2014 at 16:18.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Ricciardo faster than Vettel 2014.
    Hamilton faster than Alonso 2007.

No I don't mean Hamilton and Rosberg.

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Ricciardo faster than Vettel 2014.
    Hamilton faster than Alonso 2007.

No I don't mean Hamilton and Rosberg.
    That's what I said, Riccardo and Vettel

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    NINJA EDIT 2 MINUTES AFTER MY POST!

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Damn that last edited text at the bottom

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    F1 team Marussia has split with its Russian supercar maker owner. The sports arm of the Russian news agency Ria Novosti reports that Marussia Motors, headed by Nikolai Fomenko, is no longer making cars and has given up ownership of the UK-based formula one team that bears its name.

R-Sport said Marussia staff have "left the company en masse and joined a government-run technical institute". "The supercar project was ambitious, but it is disappointing that it was unable to get to market," team spokeswoman Tracy Novak confirmed. "There is no impact whatsoever on the formula one team's operation," she insisted.

Novak explained that the team is now owned by another company with a Marussia-themed name, Marussia Communications Limited. There is a company called Marussia Communications Ireland Limited, which is registered to a house on a street in Dublin. "There is no link between the two companies financially or technically," Novak said. "The F1 team has been an independent operation for some time."

It was reported recently that Marussia Motors president Fomenko was in F1 takeover talks with Zoran Stefanovich, but Novak played down fears the future of the backmarker team is in doubt. "The F1 team has had a positive start to the 2014 season and looks forward to continued success in the pursuit of its racing ambitions," she said. (GMM)
    Nico Rosberg Sergio Perez Kevin Magnussen

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Looks like Marussia will have to be purchased at the end of the season. Having said that they did say that the team has been running itself as an entity so it shouldn't have any impact at all.

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    In other interesting news:

The McLaren and Red Bull Formula 1 teams are in a legal dispute over the latter's new head of aerodynamics Dan Fallows.

Red Bull announced on Wednesday morning that Fallows would become its new aero chief, and that Peter Prodromou, who has agreed a deal to join McLaren, would begin a period of "gardening leave" before taking up his new post at the Woking team.

Fallows was formerly a team leader in Red Bull's aerodynamics division.

He left the squad for a period last year before the announcement that he would return in the lead role.

But prior to that, Fallows had also been tipped for a move to McLaren - with the team mentioning him alongside Prodromou and ex-Lotus men Ettore Griffini and Ciaron Pilbeam when it highlighted a list of new technical recruits its its pre-season launch media material.

A spokesman for McLaren told AUTOSPORT that the team believed it had secured Fallows' services and had referred the situation to its legal team.

"Dan Fallows has a legally binding contract with McLaren, and the matter is now in the hands of our lawyers," said the spokesman.

McLaren has undertaken a number of staff changes in recent months as it bids to recover from a disappointing 2013 season.

Long-time team boss Ron Dennis has reclaimed direct control of the F1 operation and ex-Lotus chief Eric Boullier has come in as racing director, with erstwhile team principal Martin Whitmarsh losing his position.

Neither McLaren nor Red Bull has won a grand prix so far in a 2014 season dominated by Mercedes to date.
    Also have people been hearing about the possibility of 2 new teams on the grid next year? One is going to be run by Gene Haas and the other former F1 team boss Colin Kolles, full story below:

Formula 1 could have two new teams in 2015, the sport's commercial boss Bernie Ecclestone has suggested.

Although the FIA has still yet to confirm whether it has approved any of the contenders for a vacant slot on the grid, Ecclestone revealed on Sunday that more than one team could now be given the nod.

It is already widely known that an American outfit being put together by Gene Haas has been in an advanced state of negotiations with the FIA.

But another team, believed to be led by former F1 team boss Colin Kolles, is also understood to be considering an entry.

Ecclestone said on Sunday that Haas had been accepted and that he had also discussed with FIA president Jean Todt about allowing a 13th team in.

"They will be accepted," he said about the Haas entry. "We have also accepted another team as well. Whether they will make it or not is another story.

"We are happy to have another couple of teams. I have spoken to Jean Todt and we agreed yesterday that if another two teams want to come in we will let them in."
    Last edited by Duffman; 04-09-2014 at 17:19.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    There's two things that come into my head when i think about an American F1 team

Probably wont take long for them to realize F1 is too complex for them and Indycar is more their level :P

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Indy cars look like F1 car did 20 years ago. You know low and wide with a wings that looks very basic.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Indycar is just pathetic, its so far behind F1 in every way. The cars are so big too, hence why there's a crash every few laps.

Supreme Veteran
    Mansell won the series in his first season as a "rookie" and subsequently became the first and ONLY driver to to be a Indy car and F1 champion at the same time. It hink this from Mansell's own website suggests that indycar might be easier in comparison to F1.
    Nigel Mansell officially became an Indy car driver in 1993. Indy car was heavier and slower than F1 and took adjusting to. Nigel learnt and adjusted and drove fast. It took him 12 years of trying to win the F1 world championship. He won the Indycar title on his first attempt.
    Toyota F1 team so if it was a Mclaren or Williams or Ferrari no doubt the lap time would be another half a second faster.

Last edited by keefy; 04-10-2014 at 04:13.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    when you have such a slew of F1 rejects making the switch to indycars, even at the end of their careers (not calling mansell himself a reject by any means, because he's definitely not!) and for them to excel (justin wilson, takuma sato, mark blundell & the likes), it goes without saying that it's inferior. only the most blinkered spectator, or someone who has never followed F1 would argue that.

due to the structure of the rules, and the way it is operated, it is ALWAYS going to be years behind F1 in terms of technology.

F1 teams run bespoke chassis, built in-house by their own designers and are good for a season before falling behind in the technical race, not to mention becoming obsolete due to rule changes. indycars are designed to be "off-the-shelf", and a chassis can last many seasons before being phased out.

comparing F1 to indycar is like trying to compare PC to consoles, there's only ever going to be one winner.

in the above video, even a midfield F1 car with grooved tyres can out-race an indycar with full slicks with ease.

the comments on that video make me laugh, I never realised it took 45 minutes to start an F1 car.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Supreme Veteran

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Oh Pastor, how you turn my world upside down

Elite Sage

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Looks like they are scrapping the idea of a cost cap, not all teams happy at that though:

Formula 1's smaller teams have hit out at the way the FIA has been so quick to abandon plans for a cost cap.

Motor racing's governing body announced last year that a cost cap would come in for 2015, with teams being asked to settle on the scope of the spending limits by June this year.

But after resistance from F1's biggest teams - who wrote to the FIA to say that a cost cap could not be policed - FIA president Jean Todt revealed last weekend that he had now given up on the idea.

That decision has angered some of the smaller teams, who claim that reigning in costs at a time when many outfits are struggling financially was essential.

Sauber team principal Monisha Kaltenborn said she could not comprehend why the FIA's push for a cost cap had been halted

"As a smaller team, I fail to understand why we are going this way when every sport has to be responsible with the way you handle and work your business," Kaltenborn told AUTOSPORT.

"I think those times have long gone where you say, 'if you don't have the money, don't do it.'

"The costs we are reaching here [in F1], nobody can understand. So we have to be responsible, because in the economic times we have it is important to show a responsible way of doing business."

Force India deputy team principal Bob Fernley said his outfit would not end its push to get a cost cap in, even though Todt appeared resigned to it not happening.

"I think that we have to continuously put pressure on for it to happen because as Force India has proved, you don't have to keep spending to put on a good show," said Fernley, whose team is second in the constructors' championship.

Fernley suggested that although cost cuts could be achieved through better sporting and technical regulations, he reckons a budget cap was also required.

"You need both," he explained. "I think you need regulation to help, but you also need cost control. And I don't think we will change our opinion on that because we have to get the teams viable for the sustainability of the sport."

POLITICAL GAMES MUST STOP

Kaltenborn suggests that some big teams are playing political games with the sport's bosses by threatening to turn their back on F1 if strict cost restrictions are put in place.

She reckons, however, that the FIA should play tough in such a situation, because the departure of some outfits would not necessarily be bad for F1.

"I would like to say that if there are people who threaten to leave the sport, then they should go and do that," she said.

"Then these political games will stop and we will have the opportunity for others to enter the sport."
    I think they should allow customer cars again!

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    This happened with the BTCC in the mid 90's if I recall where it became the premier motorsport in the world because all the best drivers went there and the spending was ridiculous - even more than F1. F1 has been in a costing spiral for the last 10 years and it needs to stop quickly before only manufacturers can only afford to stay in.

Having said that though Red Bull and Force India are doing great, but the only reason Red Bull are up there so high is because it's a multi-billion dollar company compared to Kingfisher Airlines (liquidated now I think) and the United Breweries Group (both owned by Vijay Mallya). With such limited funds Force India are doing amazing and it shows that you don't need such high expenses in motorsport to compete with the best, however I think they should leave it uncapped for one reason only, that's for improving the motoring industry as a whole. Relax the rules and the $#@!logations and F1 will bring in so many new inventions that they'll trickle down into road cars much quicker than before.

I get the feeling that Formula-E will be bringing technology to the road cars quicker than F1 at this rate.

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Would not surprise me if Formula E did, image if that started to take over F1 in popularity

Supreme Veteran
    This happened with the BTCC in the mid 90's if I recall where it became the premier motorsport in the world because all the best drivers went there and the spending was ridiculous - even more than F1. F1 has been in a costing spiral for the last 10 years and it needs to stop quickly before only manufacturers can only afford to stay in.

Having said that though Red Bull and Force India are doing great, but the only reason Red Bull are up there so high is because it's a multi-billion dollar company compared to Kingfisher Airlines (liquidated now I think) and the United Breweries Group (both owned by Vijay Mallya). With such limited funds Force India are doing amazing and it shows that you don't need such high expenses in motorsport to compete with the best, however I think they should leave it uncapped for one reason only, that's for improving the motoring industry as a whole. Relax the rules and the $#@!logations and F1 will bring in so many new inventions that they'll trickle down into road cars much quicker than before.

I get the feeling that Formula-E will be bringing technology to the road cars quicker than F1 at this rate.
    BTCC had the Williams team running the Renault Laguna.

Thread Information