Page 211 of 255 FirstFirst ... 201211221 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,275 of 6368
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    This happened with the BTCC in the mid 90's if I recall where it became the premier motorsport in the world because all the best drivers went there and the spending was ridiculous - even more than F1. F1 has been in a costing spiral for the last 10 years and it needs to stop quickly before only manufacturers can only afford to stay in.

Having said that though Red Bull and Force India are doing great, but the only reason Red Bull are up there so high is because it's a multi-billion dollar company compared to Kingfisher Airlines (liquidated now I think) and the United Breweries Group (both owned by Vijay Mallya). With such limited funds Force India are doing amazing and it shows that you don't need such high expenses in motorsport to compete with the best, however I think they should leave it uncapped for one reason only, that's for improving the motoring industry as a whole. Relax the rules and the $#@!logations and F1 will bring in so many new inventions that they'll trickle down into road cars much quicker than before.

I get the feeling that Formula-E will be bringing technology to the road cars quicker than F1 at this rate.
    BTCC had the Williams team running the Renault Laguna.

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Hence why it was pretty unbeatable in 1997 with Plato and Menu at the wheel, but we have another thread for such discussion
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    there is a programmer at codemasters cursing the new F1 cars.

"I have to program On-screen displays for each car's steering wheel? faaaark"

watch this years F1 game feature steering wheels with "common elements"

would it be accurate to call them steering wheels?
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Supreme Veteran
    They are almost knight rider style wheel.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Nico Rosberg Sergio Perez Kevin Magnussen

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    there is a programmer at codemasters cursing the new F1 cars.

"I have to program On-screen displays for each car's steering wheel? faaaark"

watch this years F1 game feature steering wheels with "common elements"

would it be accurate to call them steering wheels?
    Sounds like they are going into some good detail though, can only mean good things in store for our first next gen F1 game (fingers crossed)

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Not sure why he's complaining, Geoff Crammond managed it in 1999 with Grand Prix 3.

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    big, big news in the world of f1:

stefano domenicali has stepped down as team principal of the ferrari formula 1 team.

After a disappointing start to the season, that has left fernando alonso and kimi raikkonen without a podium finish, domenicali has shouldered the blame for the team's lack of form.

He has moved aside with immediate effect, and will be replaced for now by marco mattiacci, the president and ceo of ferrari north america.

An announcement confirming the changes is expected imminently.

Domenicali had been team principal at ferrari since 2008, having previously worked for the maranello-based outfit in administration and human resources roles, before becoming its sporting director.

Despite domenicali helping the team secure the constructors' championship in his first year in charge, ferrari was pained by the fact that it failed to secure a drivers' title under his tenure.

It did come close to it, with felipe massa only losing the drivers' crown in 2008 at the final corner, while alonso lost out in title showdowns in 2010 and 2012 to sebastian vettel.

The arrival of new regulations in 2014 delivered a golden opportunity for ferrari to return to the very top, with the manufacturer teams expected to have an advantage this season because of the increased importance of the engine.

But, while mercedes dominated the opening three races, ferrari found itself on the back foot - with its power unit struggling to match what its german car manufacturer rival had delivered.

Its engine struggles were highlighted in bahrain, where both alonso and raikkonen were left fighting for the lower points positions and found themselves powerless to defend against many of the mercedes customer teams.

The lack of pace in bahrain could not have come at a worse time for ferrari, either, with its president luca di montezemolo having spoken out against the new fuel-efficiency regulations ahead of the event.

He turned up at the sakhir race, but left before the end when it became clear how much alonso and raikkonen were struggling.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosport
    Snip - damn you Duffman! (reports Autosport).
    Source: Autosport

ZOMG, bad news for Ferrari but also bad news for Suzie Perry, she took a fancy to him.

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864

I just posted that as well

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Damnit.

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    You are a regular checker of Autosport as well then?

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Have been for years.

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Autosport+ as well?

Surprised you don't do the Castrol GP Predictor? Or do you?

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Not Autosport+ though, just the free stuff, I don't visit it as much anymore since they put in the 20 page viewings per month at the end of last year. That was really annoying. Now I mostly frequent Planet F1.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    i just use the BBC...like a baws

Updates to my desktop so im always ready to procrastinate.

Attachment 6027

Domenicali had it coming though. it's been a long while without anything tangible for them. they've never been at the top end. they've only been there or there abouts.

The Merc works team only started 4 years ago. now look at them.
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 04-14-2014 at 12:26.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Yep it's time for a change at Ferrari, like you say they have only really been there abouts the last few years, would not be surprised if Alonso started to look somewhere else if they don't start to produce a good car soon!

Supreme Veteran
    Merc didn't start from scratch though, they bought the championship winning Brawn team.

Dunno what Nod32 doesn't like about this Url

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Domenicali's even taking the wrap for poor form:

Outgoing Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali says he had to take responsibility for the Scuderia's poor performances in the early part of the Formula 1 season.

Ferrari announced on Monday that Domenicali had resigned and would be replaced with immediate effect by Marco Mattiacci, the current president and CEO of Ferrari North America.

Domenicali, who began his career at Ferrari in 1991, said he hoped his decision to step down from the role he has held since 2008 would help re-invigorate the Scuderia, which languishes fifth in the constructors' championship after three races.

"There are special moments that come along in everyone's professional life, when one needs courage to take difficult and agonising decisions," said Domenicali.

"It is time for a significant change. As the boss, I take responsibility for our current situation.

"This decision has been taken with the aim of doing something to shake things up for the good of this group.

"I hope Ferrari will be back where it deserves to be very soon. I only regret that we have been unable to harvest what we worked so hard to sow in recent years."

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo praised the outgoing team principal for putting the interests of the team above his own.

"I thank Stefano Domenicali, not only for his constant dedication and effort, but also for the great sense of responsibility he has shown, even today, in always putting the interests of Ferrari above all else," di Montezemolo said.

"I hold Domenicali in esteem and I have watched him grow professionally over the 23 years we have worked together. I wish him every success for the future.

"I also wish all the best to Marco Mattiacci, whom I know to be a highly regarded manager and who knows the company well.

"He has accepted this challenge with enthusiasm."

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    indeed though iirc they were the Honda outfit before that. And when Brawn took over, they were on the down turn.

But it juxtaposes Ferraris situation even more. Merc/Brawn/Honda have grown steadily over the years and are now a race winning team in the strongest seat for both championships. Ferarri have just been hanging around the top doing not all that much.

RE: ESET
    I also run eset, must just be a false positive there, keefy. PM me or chris if it continues though.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Supreme Veteran
    I sent ESET a false positive report and now it seems to have stopped flagging it, it was Varsh's sig pic gamer card.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    no surprise really seeing as how uncompetitive they have been for a long time, if it wasnt for sheer brilliance of nando......

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    no surprise really seeing as how uncompetitive they have been for a long time, if it wasnt for sheer brilliance of nando......
    Exactly, Alonso made Ferrari look better than it actually was most of the time lol

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    BREAKING NEWS:

Red Bull F1 team loses fuel-flow appeal, FIA upholds stewards call

The FIA Court of Appeal has rejected the Red Bull Formula 1 team's appeal against Daniel Ricciardo's disqualification from the Australian Grand Prix.

The Australian's car was found to have "consistently" exceeded the maximum permitted fuel-flow rate of 100kg/h but despite Red Bull arguing during Monday's hearing that this was not the case, the exclusion stands.

A five-man judging panel comprising Harry Duijm, Rui Botica Santos, Philippe Narmino, Antonio Rigozzi and Jan Stovicek made the decision based on yesterday's six-hour hearing in the FIA's Paris headquarters and extensive written testimony

"The Court, after having heard the parties and examined their submissions, decided to uphold the Decision #56 of the Stewards by which they decided to exclude Infiniti Red Bull Racing's car #3 from the results of the 2014 Australian Grand Prix," said an FIA statement.

The full decision will be released "by the end of the week" although it's clear that the judges did not accept the basis of Red Bull's argument.

The team contended that its own fuel rail data was more accurate than a problematic fuel-flow sensor, permitting it to switch to its own fuel-flow model.

Whether or not technical directive TD/016-14, issued on March 1, which made provision for relying on a team's own fuel flow model only with the FIA's permission and an FIA-issued correction factor, was binding was central to Red Bull's case.

It argued that the sensor, which offered different readings with identical engine settings during the first three runs in free practice three and the rest of Friday in Australia, was unreliable and therefore it could switch to the backup based on that without the FIA's say-so, contrary to what the technical directive said.

Red Bull had built its case on not having violated Article 5.1.4 of the technical regulations, which states "fuel mass flow must not exceed 100kg/h", but the FIA contended that it was only through the procedures laid out in the technical directives and therefore the fuel-flow meter that it was possible to prove compliance with that regulation.

While the team did offer evidence supporting the accuracy of its own fuel-flow model, any such data was argued by the FIA not to be verifiable as it still relies partly upon a software model.

The court of appeal has not issued any further sanction despite Mercedes representative Paul Harris QC arguing forcefully for a suspended punishment to ensure Red Bull was not tempted to repeat its offence.

As Red Bull made no attempt to hide what it had done given the FIA has access to comprehensive live fuel-flow data during the race, it's likely that this is seen unnecessary as there was no duplicity involved.

Crucially, this decision validates the use of the Gill Sensors-produced fuel-flow meter to police both the fuel-flow rate and the 100kg-per-race fuel limit, and confirms that only the FIA has the right to allow teams to switch to their own fuel-flow model as laid out in the technical directive.
    Too right as well, think it would have created a $#@! storm in many ways if they went back on the decision and awarded Red Bull the points!!!

25. Likes keefy likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    like there was ever going to be any doubt.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

27. Likes keefy likes this post

Thread Information