Page 214 of 266 FirstFirst ... 204214224 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,350 of 6649
    Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    The Whitmarsh legacy lives on, that Mclaren is down there with last years car. Hard to judge if KMag is any good or not, don't think he's done anything Perez couldn't have done.

That Mercedes is far more dominant than the previous Red Bull cars have been #BanMercedes
    Nico Rosberg Sergio Perez Kevin Magnussen

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Quote Originally Posted by JordieDAFC View Post
    Hard to judge if KMag is any good or not, don't think he's done anything Perez couldn't have done.
    this is my belief in a nutshell.

I still think mclaren were foolish to let him go. perez is a solid driver and with a few seasons experience with the team, could have masterfully assumed the senior driver role when button calls it day. apart from the first race, nothing has made me think that magnussen is the next big thing, he certainly hasn't lived up to the hype that he's the next hamilton.

he could have benefited from a few seasons as understudy to button & perez where he would have had chance to grow. I'm not taking anything away from him, he's still a rookie afterall, but I'm far from convinced he's that special talent that comes along once or twice in a generation.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    I agree and disagree with that purely for the fact that you can't be too bad to score a podium in you first race but the McLaren is just too slow again, Button believes the tyres are not helping either because the car just doesn't switch them on enough at the minute! But I do agree the next Hamilton Magnussen is not!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    you don't judge someone off the strength of one race, especially when exceptional circumstances played a part.

wet qualifying is always a dice roll, even moreso at the start of the season. I don't think he would have qualified so high in dry conditions, nor button for that matter. during the race, he kept his head down and got the job done, which I give him fair dues for.

as for finishing on the podium, in all fairness, it was more a net 4th place drive than a podium one. it came about due to a disqualification and the probable race winner retiring.

whilst finishing 4th in your first race is noteworthy, it's not unheard of, especially in a car that was at the time good enough to finish there. it has been done on many an occasion in the past.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Quote Originally Posted by Surebrec View Post
    this is my belief in a nutshell.

I still think mclaren were foolish to let him go. perez is a solid driver and with a few seasons experience with the team, could have masterfully assumed the senior driver role when button calls it day. apart from the first race, nothing has made me think that magnussen is the next big thing, he certainly hasn't lived up to the hype that he's the next hamilton.

he could have benefited from a few seasons as understudy to button & perez where he would have had chance to grow. I'm not taking anything away from him, he's still a rookie afterall, but I'm far from convinced he's that special talent that comes along once or twice in a generation.
    Just another bit of mis-management from Whitmarsh. I don't think he was really ever behind Perez tbh, thought he always seemed to down talk him in interviews.

Do wonder if Magnussen's been rushed into F1 because of Perez leaving, i think Boullier and Dennis have a bit of common sense and won't ditch him if he has a Perez type of season.

Wouldn't mind seeing Grosjean in a Mclaren...

Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Grosjean definitely deserves a good seat! Considering what he was like in 2012 and how he was in 2013 he was a complete different driver. Certainly one of my favourite drivers who I think given capable machinery could achieve a lot.

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Grosjean became a father las year which I think changed his perspective on life and racing.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    McLaren is planning to take Formula 1 rival Red Bull to court in its dispute with the team over head of aero Dan Fallows, AUTOSPORT can reveal.

The Woking-based team insists it has a legally binding contract with Fallows, but Red Bull announced last week that he was returning to its fold rather than joining McLaren.

Following discussions with lawyers over the past week, McLaren has revealed that it now plans to take the row to the next level by launching action in the High Court, with group CEO Ron Dennis saying the team felt it had no choice.

"Sadly, it's now likely that McLaren will have no alternative other than to pursue a High Court action against Red Bull, which will ask very serious questions as to that team's integrity and sense of fair play," Dennis told AUTOSPORT.

In an interview with AUTOSPORT, Dennis explained that Fallows was signed in September 2013 with a view to beginning work in March this year.

That move did not happen for reasons that only became clear to McLaren when Fallows was announced by Red Bull recently.

"To be honest that's completely unacceptable to us," said Dennis.

"Just days before Fallows' McLaren start date - and despite having signed a legally binding contract with McLaren, being on gardening leave from Red Bull, and moving to a new home near Woking - he suddenly informed us that he no longer wanted to work for us.

"The problem was, he had no legal basis on which to make that U-turn because he'd already formally accepted, and contracted himself to, our offer of employment.

Ron Dennis

"Worse, our attempts to contact him were met with stony silence. The mystery was only solved many weeks later, when he was suddenly announced as Red Bull's head of aero."

McLaren has written to Red Bull to demand answers over the situation but having not got a satisfactory response, it sees no other option than a court battle now.

"Did Red Bull contact Fallows regarding the possibility of his returning to work for them?" asked Dennis. "Did Fallows inform Red Bull that he'd entered into an employment contract with another company?

"Did Fallows show Red Bull that contract? If so, on what date? And is there an agreement in place for Red Bull to indemnify Fallows against any fees and damages awarded against him?"

Red Bull is adamant that Fallows was free to commit to a new deal with the team as he had not commenced employment with McLaren.
    Ron's coming for you...

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Ron Dennis says to Christian Horner:

Horner doesn't have a leg to stand on here. Whatever Ron wants Ron gets.

Supreme Veteran
    Kobayshi's over take on the final lap did not count due to the flag being waved a lap early.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mot...lap-early.html

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    I really hope i never have to work for Ron Dennis, or get in a fight against him.

That guy is scarier than that Helmut Marko chap

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    you don't judge someone off the strength of one race, especially when exceptional circumstances played a part.

wet qualifying is always a dice roll, even moreso at the start of the season. I don't think he would have qualified so high in dry conditions, nor button for that matter. during the race, he kept his head down and got the job done, which I give him fair dues for.

as for finishing on the podium, in all fairness, it was more a net 4th place drive than a podium one. it came about due to a disqualification and the probable race winner retiring.

whilst finishing 4th in your first race is noteworthy, it's not unheard of, especially in a car that was at the time good enough to finish there. it has been done on many an occasion in the past.
    Yeah but how many races in the world championship throughout history can you say "it was a net "" place anyway" for example Nico Rosbergs net second place at the British Grand Prix which he won last year just because Vettel retired with a gearbox problem?! Or Heiki Kovelinens net second place in the Hungarian Grand Prix which he won in 2008 because Massa had an engine problem and pulled up on the penultimate lap?! I understand what your saying but sorry I can't agree with it, still doesn't take away the fact it was a solid performance!

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864

Yeah but how many races in the world championship throughout history can you say "it was a net "" place anyway" for example Nico Rosbergs net second place at the British Grand Prix which he won last year just because Vettel retired with a gearbox problem?! Or Heiki Kovelinens net second place in the Hungarian Grand Prix which he won in 2008 because Massa had an engine problem and pulled up on the penultimate lap?! I understand what your saying but sorry I can't agree with it, still doesn't take away the fact it was a solid performance!

Supreme Veteran
    Thats racing. Sometimes engines do not work or a gearbox breaks or a clutch or suspension.

And sometimes luck is just on your side

Last edited by keefy; 04-21-2014 at 14:53.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Those 1996 cars were so beautiful, lean and sleek. I am so glad that in the 2015 regulations that they're going to be simplifying the front wing again.

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    The cars looked best in 2008 for me, the amount of extra wings and aerodynamic parts by the end of the season was just crazy

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    Those 1996 cars were so beautiful, lean and sleek. I am so glad that in the 2015 regulations that they're going to be simplifying the front wing again.

Personally, i think the 2004 Ferrari is the most beautiful of all time
    though i feel i may be in the minority

I don't have too much of a soft spot for the old racing cars.....that's a bit of a lie, i obviously love the Mclarens and Williams of old. But i just think the cars - with the exception of 2008 (where there were bits sticking up everywhere) and 2013-13 where the nose was hideous - have gotten better and better looking as the years have gone on
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    I think you are the minority there

The 2008 McLaren and BMW where the best looking F1 cars of all time for me personally!

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    WHAAA? no way, those cars looked like cybertron sent them

autobots, roll out!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    That was the pinnacle of F1 right there, look at how aerodynamically brilliant they where!

Elite Sage

Formula 1 Thread

I'm with Fiji on this one. That Ferrari was beautiful and damn quick too

Oh I do miss the low real spoilers. Look much nicer than the box ones we have now

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Well you both have bad taste in F1 cars then

Elite Sage
    Maybe so but you also liked the Williams Walrus nose if I remember correctly :P

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Maybe.......

Yeah I didn't think it was that bad lol, shame it never worked like they thought it would!

Elite Sage
    I'm not a fan haha. I am like Fiji and like the old simple wings.

This years cars (excluding Caterham, Toro Rosso and Lotus) don't really look that bad and are growing on me. I really like the Force India

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Thread Information