Latest PSU headlines:

Page 215 of 237 FirstFirst ... 205215225 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,375 of 5916
    Forum Sage

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm not a fan haha. I am like Fiji and like the old simple wings.

This years cars (excluding Caterham, Toro Rosso and Lotus) don't really look that bad and are growing on me. I really like the Force India

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Yeah I think once you get used to them they are not too bad apart from the Torro Rosso still looks like a *****

Vettel having trouble with set up apparently, might want to get his **** sorted before Riccardo gets too far ahead of him lol!

Sebastian Vettel's struggles against his Formula 1 team-mate Daniel Ricciardo are the result of him not getting comfortable enough with the 2014 Red Bull.

In last weekend's Chinese Grand Prix the reigning world champion was told for the second successive race to move aside for his quicker team-mate, and he was reluctant to do so.

Although Ricciardo has impressed his team since stepping in to the seat vacated by Mark Webber, Red Bull boss Christian Horner has revealed that Vettel is having problems with the RB10.

"I think that Sebastian is having a tough time at the moment because he hasn't got that feeling from the car that he is looking for," said Horner.

"He is tremendously sensitive to certain aspects of the set-up, and he is not getting the feedback from the car he wants.

"The compound effect of that is that he is damaging the tyre more, which is very unusual for Seb.

"We have seen since Pirellis have been introduced [in 2011], that it is highly unusual for him to be going through the tyre life quicker than the average.

"I think that is just a culmination of the issues that he has currently. But as soon as he has worked them out, he will be back with a bang."

RICCIARDO OUTSTANDING

Horner added that while Vettel is struggling at the moment, Ricciardo's weekend in China was great.

"It is a massive performance from Daniel," said Horner. "He has been hugely impressive all weekend.

"He has really been outstanding this season in all four grands prix this year. He has done a tremendous job.

"His confidence is growing, he seems so calm in the car, his feedback is exceptional, and when he talks on the radio it is like he is in a coffee shop up the road.

"He is enjoying what he is doing. He is enjoying being a grand prix driver, and he is enjoying driving for the team."
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Admit it Vettel, unless you have lots of traction you're ****. Well ok not **** he is a pretty good driver but it is showing that unless he has lots of traction then he has problems. These new turbos remove so much traction and requires such delicate foot movement that you'll have major problems otherwise and Vettel seems to be in this predicament. Remember GP2 when Hamilton thrashed the pants off Vettel? Those cars were like Go-Karts, these F1 cars are now like Go-Karts, I guess Vettel isn't very good in Go-Karts.

I would imagine that if Webber stayed for one more season then he would be in Ricciardo's position, thrashing the pants of Vettel.

Edit: My favourite looking F1 car in the modern winged era:

The McLaren MP4/6. <3

4. Likes BBK.. likes this post
    Forum Sage

That McLaren is very cool. I like the older retro cars.

Regarding Vettel, this is a make or break year for him really. Alonso put it very well;
    The mind goes back to a barbed remark Alonso made in a BBC interview towards the end of last season, when he was asked whether he considered the man who had stopped him winning the title three times in four years an all-time great.

"Time will tell us," Alonso said. "There are many years [to go in his career].
    "He is 26 years old, so when he will have a car like the others, if he wins, he will have a great recognition and be one of the legends in F1.
    "When one day he has a car like the others and he is fourth, fifth, seventh, these four titles will be bad news for him because people will take these four titles even in a worse manner than they are doing now.
    "So there are interesting times for Sebastian coming."
    BBC Sport

6. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    ouch, just....ouch!

The salt would be that his team mate is beating him too.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    I remember that quote and it's something I firmly believe in, I bet he's thinking that he's not as good a driver as what the past RBR has made him out to be. Cleraly he doesn't have good car control, just the outright pace. What good is outright pace if you can't put your pedal to the metal?

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    I'm sorry but world class drivers can make difficult situations look easy and that's exactly what Alonso and Hamilton can do! They both have struggled with their cars for a whole season at times but can still come home in podium positions and even win races where as Vettel has been out classed by his team mate! Don't get me wrong I do think Vettel is a good driver but if he's as world class as Horner and Newey thinks he is he really should not be getting beaten by his new team mate and should be able to get on top of the car a lot quicker than he has done!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    for me, out of the widely accepted top four drivers, he has shown to be the one who has the most difficulty dealing with a car when it is not to his liking. the other 3 have all been there and have grabbed the car by the scruff of the neck and dragged the performances out of it, not just once, not twice, but regularly throughout the season.

I guess having arguably the best car & an inferior team mate for most of a very short career can have that effect. sometimes a driver can start believing his own hype, then when a reality check like this occurs, a lot of head scratching and shoulder shrugging ensues.

at least the man himself has been brutally honest about it, if not a section of his most ardent supporters.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    This is why the top drivers, may like seb but defo dont respect him as he they know he isnt as good as them but had a super car for so long with a **** team mate

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    The Germany race in 2007 has to be one of the weirdest in recent history. IIRC, hamilton and alonso tangled here that weekend...(or was that spain?)

I like how the safety car had to scurry out of the way of the torro rosso
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    I remember that, was epic when the pulled Hamilton out of the gravel and he kept on going, he was the only one wise enough to stay in the car with the engine still ticking over

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    They disallowed marshals pushing cars back onto the track after that race if I also remember correctly, it's the reason why they wouldn't push his car in China which lost him the championship.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    They disallowed marshals pushing cars back onto the track after that race if I also remember correctly, it's the reason why they wouldn't push his car in China which lost him the championship.
    I think you are right there, Ferrari moaned about it I think because he was the only one they pulled out the gravel! Managed to look back at the race report on Autosport from 2007 and this is a snippet of what they reported:

Hamilton had kept the engine running, and was lifted out of the gravel and allowed to take the restart from 17th and last. He was a lap down, but under the 2007 regulations, he was allowed to unlap himself under the safety car laps that were run as the race restarted after a 20 minute halt.
    Last edited by Duffman; 04-23-2014 at 16:15.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    McLaren insist there is nothing fundamentally wrong with their team despite their continuing poor form.

Both drivers finished outside the top 10 in Sunday's Chinese Grand Prix to underline McLaren's struggle for pace.

But racing director Eric Boullier said: "There is nothing fundamental. This team has good individuals."

Boullier - a replacement for former team principal Martin Whitmarsh, who was sacked in January - admitted his task was to "rebuild a winning team".

In 2013, McLaren slumped from winning seven races the previous season to not registering a single podium finish.

It was their worst year since 1980 and prompted chairman Ron Dennis to re-take the reins of the F1 team and dispense with Whitmarsh, his long-time protégé.

Drivers Kevin Magnussen and Jenson Button finished second and third in the season-opening Australian Grand Prix this year but the team have fallen backwards dramatically since then.

In China, McLaren were comfortably the slowest of the teams using the dominant Mercedes engine, and were beaten by several cars using the less competitive Ferrari and Renault power units. Button finished 11th and Magnussen 13th.

Boullier, who started work at the end of January, suggested McLaren needed to look again at some of their working methods, saying: "We just need to reconsider a little bit strategically how we build our car and develop our performance."

And he rejected a suggestion that this season was effectively about marking time as they prepare for a switch to new engine partner Honda in 2015.

"You can't allow yourself to think and wait in motor racing," he said. "The 2013 year should be benchmark for us to never do it again. 2014 should be seen not as a transition year but as a year of rebuilding a winning team.
    McLaren driver Kevin Magnussen of Denmark drives during the first practice session of the Formula One Bahrain Grand Prix at Bahrain's Sakhir circuit in Manama on April 4, 2014.

In 2013, McLaren endured their worst season since 1980, finishing 5th in the Constructors Championship

"Then in the middle of this we have this extra challenge to work very efficiently with our partner Mercedes and then later in the year to start to integrate Honda arrival. But it's just part of the challenge."

Boullier said the team had a number of new parts planned for the forthcoming races, starting with what he described as "an interesting upgrade" for the next race weekend in Spain from 9-11 May.

And he said McLaren still believe they could back up Dennis's pre-season claim that they would win a race this year.

"We have to believe we will win a race," Boullier said.

"What is going on here in Woking is very positive and I think we will be able to keep pushing and bring very aggressive and strong development for the course of the season.

"And I think we will put ourselves in a position, maybe not in the first part of the season but maybe later, to fight for a win. I hope so."
    Could start by getting rid of Sam Michael, every team he has been at has turned ****.
    Nico Rosberg Sergio Perez Kevin Magnussen

Supporting the Netherlands at the World Cup #ORANJE #NED #KNVB

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    I still have faith in McLaren, let's hope they bring some worthy updates to Barcelona!

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    **** mclaren, makes me smile to see them doing so poorly now!

#MOYESOUT!

ohm, wrong thread!

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    So if Lewis went back to McLaren (which I know is highly unlikely) would you like McLaren again?

#MOYESGONE!!

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    The only reason he likes F1 anyway is because of Lewis.

Forum Sage

So. Is anyone else angry at Ferrari for robbing us of what should've been the best team mate battle this season?

WHY CANT THEY MAKE A SOLID CAR! Kimi vs Fred should've been THE fight this season

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Yeah I am, Alonso is pissing all over Kimi at the minute which is a shame but he just can't seem to get a handle on the car!

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    So. Is anyone else angry at Ferrari for robbing us of what should've been the best team mate battle this season?

WHY CANT THEY MAKE A SOLID CAR! Kimi vs Fred should've been THE fight this season

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.
    It is a Fiat.
    These cars have a lot of electronics on them and Italians have never been known for good electronics on cars, ever.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Shame that the only reason Ferrari get good results is because Alonso rings the neck of the cars and his team mates seem to struggle! Kimi will get there just needs to get on top of the car a bit more!

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    The only reason he likes F1 anyway is because of Lewis.
    And your point is?

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.
    Why should it of been? Kimi is average at best!!

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    Why should it of been? Kimi is average at best!!
    As much as I luv you man I'm sorry but Kimi is NOT an average driver!!!

Thread Information