Page 216 of 247 FirstFirst ... 206216226 ... LastLast
Results 5,376 to 5,400 of 6169
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    As much as I luv you man I'm sorry but Kimi is NOT an average driver!!!
    Ok ok ok...

He isnt average, but he is nowhere near the upper echelon of drivers. how he won a WDC is beyond me, nor does he care as much or have that driver to win.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Forum Sage
    When Kimi was at Mclaren he was a beast. Hers certainly top 4 with Alonso. Hamilton and Vettel making the rest probably in that order too

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    Ok ok ok...

He isnt average, but he is nowhere near the upper echelon of drivers. how he won a WDC is beyond me, nor does he care as much or have that driver to win.
    See now I can agree with that but he is still one of my favorite drivers mainly because of the funny **** he comes out with and does
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    When Kimi was at Mclaren he was a beast. Hers certainly top 4 with Alonso. Hamilton and Vettel making the rest probably in that order too

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.
    Defo not bro, i would put him with the best of the mid card drivers. He isnt fit to lace either of their boots. He won his WDC cos mcclaren were too bisu fighting with each other and cos massa helped him at the end. Ive never brought into this kimi hype

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    See now I can agree with that but he is still one of my favourite drivers mainly because of the funny **** he comes out with and does
    See that is his only redeeming quality and he aint even that funny!! Tho the radio message last season was epic!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Forum Sage
    I love his attitude.

"So Kimi, how was this race for you? You had to manage your tyres, conserve your fuel whilst racing for position. How was that?"

Kimi: "it was fine"

Basically how 99% of his interviews go. I feel sorry for the reporters, don't know why they even try

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

6. Likes 33x likes this post
    Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    The best one was:

"So Kimi did you see the pole lap?"

"No, I was taking a ****"

Forum Sage
    Haha yeah I loved that one. He must be a teams PR managers worst nightmare where as Riccardio would be a dream.

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Interesting article just posted on Autosport:

Formula 1 teams are pushing to make grand prix cars more visually spectacular, AUTOSPORT can reveal, with the return of sparks, glowing brake discs and vapour trails all being considered.

Leading F1 outfits have grown concerned that recent design trends have robbed the sport of the drama that previous generations of cars provided.

The teams involved in the Strategy Group now plan talks over the next few weeks to consider a range of proposals that can bring some of that excitement back.

The discussions form part of a wide-ranging review document that has been prepared by F1's Strategy Group that maps out an improvement plan for the sport.

The ideas are dominated by much-needed cost-cutting measures, but it also features proposals that are aimed simply at making F1 cars more thrilling to watch.

The teams believe that changes to the car designs that will reduce costs could have benefits beyond making them cheaper.

So a shift away from the current complicated brake ducts - that are being used more and more for aerodynamic benefit - will also make sure the concepts bring back the visual impact of glowing brake discs.

Furthermore, the discussions about active suspension have also prompted debate over whether the system's return can help create a way of making cars spark once again - just as they did up until the early 1990s.

The spectacular sparks, which were caused by titanium plates rubbing on the ground, became non-existent when underfloor planks were introduced during 1994 to stop teams running their cars too close to the ground for aerodynamic benefit.

As well as potential aerodynamic tweaks to create vapour trails, other more wide-sweeping changes to the sport are also up for discussion.

They include standing starts after safety cars, a potential reduction in race length, and the green light for higher technology to be used in pitstops to cut the time even further.

The proposals will be evaluated by the Strategy Group over the next few weeks, with any agreement on changes for the future needing to be approved by the F1 Commission and then the FIA World Motor Sport Council.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    I have always wanted active suspension back and I am glad that it is being considered to be brought back, it was only here for a couple season before they banned it because of William's dominance. Get rid of that stupid plank for good, lower the rear wing, widen the rear wing, fatter rear tyres, simplify the front wing, keep the noses the same height except that the nose must have a straight flow rather than a *****. Lastly allow more freedom to experiment like they used to.

11. Likes BBK.. , Duffman likes this post
    Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    I have always wanted active suspension back and I am glad that it is being considered to be brought back, it was only here for a couple season before they banned it because of William's dominance. Get rid of that stupid plank for good, lower the rear wing, widen the rear wing, fatter rear tyres, simplify the front wing, keep the noses the same height except that the nose must have a straight flow rather than a *****. Lastly allow more freedom to experiment like they used to.
    Nail and head there mate!

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Oh I missed out free testing. It's cheaper to test like crazy like they used to at Silverstone rather than hauling several trucks around the world with hundreds of staff and their equipment just to get data. And the third car!

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    *puts tin hat on*

I quite like the way the cars are the now tbh

The active suspension would be pretty cool to have, but the standing starts after a safety car is a bit hmm
    Nico Rosberg Sergio Perez Kevin Magnussen

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Active suspension was used long before Williams domination, its not like they were first to use it.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    they were the first to master it though
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    I still think customer cars should make a come back as well!

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Surebrec View Post
    they were the first to master it though
    And the only ones to master it.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Great article from Autosport+ on Mercedes:

There's rarely a golden bullet in Formula 1. Recent weeks have been dominated by talk of what might be the single factor that's helped Mercedes produce such a dominant car this season.

A fair amount of fuss has been made of the fact that the compressor on the Mercedes turbocharger is at the opposite end of the engine to the turbine. Could that be it?

There have also been suggestions that Mercedes hit the ground running because it has invested heavily in a state-of-the-art, full-car rig set-up at its Brackley base.

It was this that allowed it to be operating its engine, car installation and gearbox as one in the factory before running on track, to avoid the kind of early troubles that wrecked Red Bull's early testing. Perhaps it's that?

Rival teams have even suggested that Mercedes has simply upped its spending to a huge degree and has bought its way to success. Surely it's not as simple as that?

Others have also mentioned the role that its fuel partner Petronas has played in creating some impressive new technology - like oil that gets thicker as its gets hotter - has proved a game changer. Really?

Yet while some innovation, equipment, finances and technology may all be contributing to Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg being in a class of their own at the moment, none of these can be singled out.

In fact, if you want to trace the Mercedes success story back to a single factor, then it's something that you'll not find on the car at all.

And best of all for Mercedes, it's not something that can be copied by its rivals.

For the roots of Mercedes' advantage lead all the way back to 2008 - when a decision made by the firm's engine division then paved the way for what is happening right now.

Back then, F1 was bracing itself for the arrival of Kinetic Energy Recovery Systems (KERS) in 2009. And Mercedes, which was then locked in a close partnership with McLaren, elected to keep development of its KERS in-house rather than allow the Woking-based team to head off and do its own thing.

And, more importantly than that, when it was agreed by teams that no one would run KERS in 2010, Mercedes didn't wash its hands of the project and let all that knowledge go to waste.

As engine chief Andy Cowell told me earlier this year: "When KERS wasn't raced in 2010, we didn't disband. We said: 'right, we will do a second generation KERS.'

"We raced that with six cars in 2011 and that has built a really good platform of internal knowledge, capability and capacity. We've built on that really."

It was an approach that was in contrast to its current engine rivals - who either let teams develop KERS themselves (Renault) or relied upon external partners like Magneti Marelli (Ferrari).

Mercedes' determination to stick with its in-house project has not only given it a massive head start in terms of gathering experience with energy-recovery systems. It's also given it a benefit in ensuring that those systems are completely integrated with the engine. Everything is as one.

With the early 2014 races showing that the key to success is in energy recovery and deployment over a lap, rather than all-out fuel efficiency or power from the turbo engine, having an advantage in this area is massively important.

It's the integration of its energy recovery systems, power unit and car that is the real story behind Mercedes' dominance.

It was just better prepared over a longer period than its rivals for the challenge of the new regulations.

Time will tell if its advantage can be eroded; and Ferrari and Renault are well aware of what needs to be done. The gap will close in time - that's the inevitability of F1.

But for now, decisions made long ago in the board room of a factory building in Brixworth are the real reason why Hamilton and Rosberg have the advantage on track today.

It shows that in F1, success can never just be measured in thousandths of a second. Sometimes it takes years.

Forum Sage
    Mercedes did their homework and put a lot of effort into this year. They're currently reaping the rewards of what the sowed

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Mercedes did their homework and put a lot of effort into this year. They're currently reaping the rewards of what the sowed

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.
    And so they should, as long as they get so far ahead there is no way of Red Bull winning a 5th title running I am happy!

Forum Sage

Formula 1 Thread

Indeed! Though as much as I like Lewis, IF - and it is still a big IF as Rosberg is no slouch - he wins the WDC I don't want him to go on a run of WDC's like Vettel. Maybe let him win 2 and then Alonso to win another then let someone new (Hulkenberg, Grosjean or Ricciardo) get their first WDC

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Would like to see Grosjean battle for the WDC but god knows whether it will ever happen!

McLaren have decided to keep with the suspension blockers, lets hope they can get them to start making a difference!

McLaren F1 team to stick with radical suspension blockers

McLaren says it is fully committed to keeping its radical suspension blockers for the rest of the Formula 1 season, despite testing without them in Bahrain earlier this month.

The Woking-based team unveiled the innovative concept before the start of the season - with the design believed to increase downforce at low speed and reduce drag at high speed.

Others teams have not been convinced of their benefit, however, and believe that the blockers actually increase drag, which can have knock-on effect in terms of fuel efficiency.

With McLaren struggling with a lack of downforce this season, the team elected to double-check the benefits of the blockers during the post-Bahrain GP test.

It tried out its car without them, prompting suggestions that the team could be set to ditch the idea completely.

But racing director Eric Boullier has made it clear that the test was purely about double-checking its data, and ensuring that the blockers were actually delivering a benefit.

"Obviously until you have a clear correlation between your simulator, windtunnel and track, you want to make sure you validate everything," said Boullier, when asked by AUTOSPORT about why the team tested without the blockers in Bahrain.

"It was a back-to-back test for us to make sure the correlation is good. It is something we have been investigating over the winter.

"We are using other windtunnels so that is why we wanted to make sure there was no deviation.

"When you are looking for some solutions and some guidance and a way to go, you don't want to leave any rocks unturned."

Boullier revealed that the data from the test had been encouraging and left the team convinced about the benefits of the blockers.

"We are happy with this," he explained. "In terms of downforce and drag numbers, it has been now validated, so we are now happy to carry on with this.

"The car has been developed around this device so we have to keep developing the car as it is now."

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    The suspension blockers are confusing, they look like the would increase drag :L
    Nico Rosberg Sergio Perez Kevin Magnussen

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by JordieDAFC View Post
    The suspension blockers are confusing, they look like the would increase drag :L
    We mostly see them from he back, are they shaped more sleek at the front?

Last edited by keefy; 04-28-2014 at 01:33.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Well it seems that with McLaren's testing at Bahrain that it actually makes the car quicker and stabler. *shrugs*

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Am I the only one who thinks we need to start seeing some female F1 drivers on the grid?

Thread Information