Latest PSU headlines:

Page 221 of 238 FirstFirst ... 211221231 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,525 of 5939
    Forum Sage

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I remember coming 3rd at Monaco in F1 2011 with a Sauber on a higher difficulty. One of my proudest moments after 30 lap race. Was so tense 0

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    That's it I really want to play you online! F1 2013 on Steam, Sunday 2pm, Monaco, quali + race with a full grid.

Forum Sage

Formula 1 Thread

I'm out for a meal with the in laws on Sunday. Next weekend I'm free though? I have a few other friends who will be keen. We've got a TS server too

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    I hate driving Monaco on the computer games, I will race it but I dread it every time it comes up lol!
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Forum Sage

It has the hardest pit entry and I hate the last corner. Broke many a wing there

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Sounds like a plan.

It'll have to be after the Monaco GP though. Time to practice.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    It has the hardest pit entry and I hate the last corner. Broke many a wing there

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.
    Eye, lost many a wheel there too lol!

Forum Sage

Haha you and me both. I also lost a wheel on the entry before the tunnel.

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    On the subject of street circuits I quite like to race around Valencia, I know it's not the most exciting track in the world but it flows quite nicely I think!

Forum Sage

Valencia is a good circuit. I've liked it and missed it since it's been absent. Marina bay is a beauty.

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce

It just sounds like a giant fart machine is heading your way. I accept the 2014 sound, amplifying it though is just stupid
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 05-17-2014 at 11:26.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

12. Likes Duffman likes this post
    Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Yeah that really is NOT the answer

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Wow that looks like some crappy job you see with 17 year olds on a 1 litre Fiesta.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Monaco is easy on F1 2013, got a 1:10.4 online in qually. Was so pleased with myself haha

Valencia was fun to drive too, always drove well there. Its got a really nice flow to it, sector 3 is brilliant
    Nico Rosberg Sergio Perez Kevin Magnussen

Supporting the Netherlands at the World Cup #ORANJE #NED #KNVB

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    A 1:10.4 online? That's 7 seconds faster than I can manage with all aids off.

Is online more arcadey to level the playing field?

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Sad news to start off the day

Sir Jack Brabham, the three-time Formula 1 world champion, has died at the age of 88.

A statement from the Brabham family said that the Australian passed away peacefully at his home on the Gold Coast on Monday morning.

Brabham was the first man to win an F1 title in a car of his own making, as he established the Brabham team in the early 1960s after winning his first two F1 titles with Cooper.

It was with Cooper that he had made his F1 debut in 1955, having begun his career in midget racing and hillclimbs in Australia at the start of the decade.

After initially focusing on the team's sportscar and Formula 2 efforts around sporadic grand prix outings, he became a full-time F1 driver in 1958.

His maiden victory came in Monaco at the start of the following season, and kicked off two ultra-successful years that brought him both the 1959 and '60 world championship titles.

He created the Brabham team for 1962, initially running a Lotus while the first of his design partner Ron Tauranac's creations was completed.

It would be his initial team-mate Dan Gurney who took the Brabham team's first wins, but in 1966 a run of four mid-season victories set Brabham up for his third and final F1 crown, this time in his own car - a so far unique achievement. The Brabham team also won constructors' titles in both 1966 and '67.

Brabham retired at the end of the 1970 season, which he had begun with a 14th and final GP win at Kyalami, selling the team at the same time.

While his eponymous squad went on to further title successes with Nelson Piquet under Bernie Ecclestone's ownership, Brabham was able to watch his three sons Geoff, Gary and David embark on highly successful motorsport careers in their own right.

Grandsons Matthew and Sam have also commenced single-seater racing careers in recent seasons.

"It's a very sad day for all of us," said David Brabham. "My father passed away peacefully at home at the age of 88 this morning.

"He lived an incredible life, achieving more than anyone would ever dream of and he will continue to live on through the astounding legacy he leaves behind."

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Sir Jack Brabham I tip my hat off to you good sir. Thanks for everything you brought to the sport.

19. Likes Duffman likes this post
    Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    Sir Jack Brabham I tip my hat off to you good sir. Thanks for everything you brought to the sport.
    Gone but will never be forgotten, RIP legend

Wonder how he will be remembered at this weekend's Monaco Grand Prix??

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    A 1:10.4 online? That's 7 seconds faster than I can manage with all aids off.

Is online more arcadey to level the playing field?
    Oh dear

Nah its pretty much the same as the rest of the game. There's an equal cars setting that basically makes the cars have equal performance, that's the only thing that is arcadey.
    Nico Rosberg Sergio Perez Kevin Magnussen

Supporting the Netherlands at the World Cup #ORANJE #NED #KNVB

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Just in case people didn't know much about him:

Obituary: Jack Brabham 1926-2014

When Jack Brabham headed from his native Australia to Europe as a 29-year-old in 1955, he was just another racing hopeful whose achievements on home soil counted for little.

But the skills he developed racing midgets on dirt tracks and then in road racing, notably in the famous 'Redex Special' - a Cooper-Bristol Mk2 - allowed him to emerge as one of the most successful drivers in Formula 1 history.

When he arrived in the UK, it was natural that he was drawn to Cooper and in pursuit of his ambition of reaching the top he embedded himself with the Surbiton marque.

With the ex-Peter Whitehead Cooper-Alta he had acquired proving a disappointment, Brabham was allowed to build up a car from a Coooper Bobtail sportscar.

It was this car he used to make his world championship debut at the 1955 British GP, starting last and failing to finish.

He headed home over the winter, winning the 1955 Australian GP at Wakefield, meaning he was able to sell the car to fund his return to Europe.

He then purchased a Maserati 250F from BRM, which, in his own words "was not the 250F that I wanted to buy" but he had shown enough to convince John Cooper to employ him as a driver.

After making his second world championship appearance in the Maserati in the '56 British GP, Brabham had his first full season at the top level for Cooper in '57.

His best result in that first season was sixth at Monaco, and the following year he was a regular top six finisher.

Brabham became an increasingly instrumental figure at Cooper and played a key role in the concept of the rear-engined T51.

He was also responsible in adapting Citroen gearboxes to be able to handle the challenge of the configuration, which proved a decisive advantage over Stirling Moss's Rob Walker-run Cooper and its fragile Colotti 'box.

A first world championship win followed at Monaco in 1959, laying the foundations for winning the title.

The following year, he doubled up thanks to a dominant mid-season run in the Cooper-Climax T53 'lowline'.

In 1961, he also competed in the Indianapolis 500, playing a key role in kickstarting the rear-engined revolution there.

Brabham believed that, had Dunlop provided longer-lasting tyres, he would have won the race rather than finishing ninth.

Back in F1, a change of engine regulations, with two-and-a-half litre units replaced by smaller 1500cc powerplants, interrupted Cooper's run of success.

And Brabham, who felt Cooper was unwilling to invest the finances needed to re-establish the marque as a title challenger, felt that staying with the company might not be the best option for his future.

This led to him teaming up with compatriot Ron Tauranac to form the Brabham marque and create Motor Racing Developments.

It soon emerged as a powerful player in F2 and F3 car production, as well as in F1.

A Brabham, the Climax-engined BT3, first appeared at world championship level in 1962 but its successor, the BT7, was the first to hit the podium in Mexico a year later.

Brabham claimed his team's first F1 win in the non-championship Solitude GP that year, but it wasn't until the next change in engine rules, to three-litre units in 1966, that it hit the front regularly.

The decision to approach Australian company Repco to produce a V8 engine based on an Oldsmobile block proved inspired. While not the most powerful, it was lighter and more compact than its rivals, as well as reliable.

Brabham's run of four consecutive victories in the French, British, Dutch (pictured) and German GPs allowed him to win a third world championship, and he came close to adding a second a year later only to lose out to team-mate Denny Hulme.

After several lean years, Brabham hit the front again in 1970, winning the South African GP and famously finishing second at Monaco after a last corner off under pressure from Jochen Rindt.

He came close to winning the British GP that year too, running out of fuel while leading after prevailing in a battle with Rindt.

Although he finished only fifth in the standings, he regarded his final season as a missed opportunity to win the championship.

As well as his success at world championship level, Brabham won numerous non-championship races, including the International Trophy four times.

He also made regular visits home, adding a further two Australian GP victories in the 1960s while contesting the Tasman Series and was a prolific winner in F2.

He also tasted success in tin-tops, winning four British Saloon Car Championship races.

Brabham retired to Australia at the end of 1970, his final race victory coming in the Paris 1000km at Montlhery sharing a Matra-Simca MS660 in October 1970.

His sons, Geoff, Gary and David, followed in his footsteps, with all three enjoying success in international motorsport.

Geoff won the IMSA GTP Championship four times as well as the 1993 Le Mans 24 Hours, with Gary winning British F3000 in '89 and the Sebring 12 Hours two years later, in between entering two F1 races and failing to qualify the dreadful Life L190.

David raced for Brabham and Simtek in F1 and has been hugely successful in sportscars, winning Le Mans in 2009.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Stop going off topic with gaming posts or ill infract you all! haha

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Wow, big statement from Hamilton here:

Lewis Hamilton insists that just beating Mercedes Formula 1 team-mate Nico Rosberg to grand prix wins is not good enough, because he thinks he should be well clear of him.

The Briton has defeated Rosberg in the last four F1 races to move to the head of the championship standings.

But despite his impressive run, Hamilton thinks he should be doing better and should not have faced the kind of pressure that Rosberg put him under at both the Bahrain and Spanish Grands Prix.

"It's still encouraging that I won [in Spain]," he said. "As in Bahrain I felt massively good after that, but I know what I've got and I feel it shouldn't have been that close.

"That's what I'm working towards [being further ahead]. The places where I finished ahead, like Malaysia and China, that's how it should be.

"In Spain and Bahrain he was quicker. Even though I finished ahead, and it's positive in the sense I know I'm able to behave well under pressure, ultimately he was quicker."

Hamilton insists that his feelings are not because he is downcast about his progress, but more that he is demanding even more of himself as the title fight with Rosberg intensifies.

"I'm not being negative," he said. "It's just I'm a perfectionist. Most people would be like 'Yeah, I won the race. Even though the other guy was right on my tail, I won the race'.

"But I should have been quicker. It shouldn't have been as hard.

"As I say, I'm striving for perfection. It's not that I'm unhappy. I had an amazing day [in Spain], an amazing weekend, even though I struggled in qualifying when I nearly lost it.

"But I just pulled out a really good lap and got pole. That's a real positive, but it was a risky lap.

"In the race, I managed to stay ahead, and did a good job. But I want to be better, and that's what I'm getting at."

Forum Sage

The gloves are off! This could be an interesting weekend. Ideal result would be Ham 1st, RIc 2nd and Ros 3rd

33x couldn't ban us if he tried

Farewell guys, it was fun

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    I can ban you if you like but I'd be given the biggest ban thereafter.

Seems like Lewis knows that Nico has had the better strategy in the last two races though I think in Bahrain he would've been further ahead if it wasn't for Fouldonada.

27. Likes 33x likes this post
    Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Well last race the pit lane crew took an almost 4 seconds longer for Hamilton's stops so there is always that.

Thread Information