Latest PSU headlines:

Page 225 of 236 FirstFirst ... 215225235 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,625 of 5880
    Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Shame customer cars are not still allowed, you may have more drivers on the grid through independents like they did many years ago! Don't think we will ever see anything like that again though it's just too expensive!
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitch ID: Duffman041986

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Formally known as:

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Surprise, Surprise, Bernie thinks he knows the answer to everything:

Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone insists he is not alarmed by the sport's declining television audience and sees no need to revamp its social media approach.

Amid viewership drops in key markets such as Italy and Germany, there have been calls for F1 to make the most of opportunities offered by new media channels like Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.

But Ecclestone remains unmoved, and doubts the social media boom will last.

"It matters obviously, but when you say it is falling, it is changing," he said when asked by AUTOSPORT about falling TV figures.

"But I think the change that is currently taking place is very shortlived, as these social media people are starting to think it is not as good as they thought."

When asked if he believed F1 needed to change its approach, and officially embrace social media like other sports have done, he said: "No. We're commercial... If they find people to pay us [to do that] then I will be happy."
    Bloke is a ****, the sooner he steps down or gives up because he is too old the better!!!

Formally known as:

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Imagine Youtube, UStream and Twitch feeds of F1! The audience would be truly global then and the ad revenues Bernie would get for his own pocket would be unbelievable. Of course like you said he's a bit of an old hat and doesn't realise a gold mine where he sees one.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    He's just not with the times anymore is he lol, think it's about time he moved on!

Formally known as:

Forum Sage

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Good lap by Rosberg yesterday. The momentum is back with him, But this ain't no Monaco, overtaking is possible here. Should be a good race.

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Hamilton made a mistake somewhere in the middle sector but yes, definitely have to hand it to Rosberg, that was a fantastic lap. Williams on the other hand, holy moly!

Forum Sage

Yeah he locked up. Williams looked mighty quick. I expect Massa to make a few positions on the start. He gets off like lightning

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    hmmm, i missed Qualiy so when i saw that Nico was on pole on lewiss track i was gobsmacked, then i saw that he made 2 mistakes on his final run......not like him but damn.

still should be plenty of overtaking tho

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    *claps*

Despite Lewis' brakes blowing, that was an absolutely amazing race. And woah Button, getting two places (Alonso and Hulkenberg) on the penultimate lap! But bloody hell, Perez came across in the braking zone on Massa, I had my hands on my head as soon as I saw that, crazy.

It was very strange why Perez wasn't using his DRS when always next to Rosberg though, he must have had a defective DRS.

I am so glad that Riciardo has got his first win though, he deserves it this year, monumental drive.

Forum Sage

Yeah shame about Lewis but couldn't have asked for a better winner. Though I would've liked Massa to win until that beast of a shunt.

Good race overall. Vettel must feel very odd getting a pasting by his team mate!

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Nikki Lauda said it before the race started that they needed to look after the brakes, but that problem with the Kers (or whatever its called now) is what messed them up big time.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    If anyone was going to beat the mercs this year, $#@!ing stoked it was Ricciardo!

guys been amazing this year and stepped up to the plate!

That being said, the lead the mercs had (again) while racing each other was freaking amazing in itself! re-enforces the fact they have an entire seasons worth of development lead.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    that's F1 for you.

now hamilton has got to do it all over again. this will be a test of his resolve, does he get motivated, or does he collapse?

ricciardo > vettel again. I'm starting to think it's not so much vettel not being able to get used to the car, but more that ricciardo is every bit of a match for him, and then some.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    If anything bad happens Why does have to happen to Lewis? Ffs?
    How many times is Nico gonna get away with cheating either?
    Couldn't care less that ricc won.... Only won cos the Mercedes cars were running at half speed.
    Ffs. Ruined my weekend. First with that $#@! Nadal winning and now my boy with another $#@!ing dnf...... I saw him winning it too

I know it's not a conspiracy, but he has the worst $#@!in luck!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Sure was a brilliant race right down to the wire! Honestly thought that Rosberg was still actually going to win but as soon as Riccardo got in front of Perez he was gone and a well worthy winner in the end! Fair play to Rosberg though bringing it home second on half power, just goes to show you how fast those Merc's really are! Shame Massa didn't take Vettel out as well because Button would have been on the podium then lol!

Shame for Hamilton, let's just hope these DNF's don't loose him the title this year! Plus it means for once everyone who chose Mercedes and Hamilton as there team and driver in the fantasy F1 competition actually scored quite low for once

Formally known as:

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Worthy winnner? how do you work that out? He passes a stricken merc and the other merc wasnt even on the track.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    Worthy winnner? how do you work that out? He passes a stricken merc and the other merc wasnt even on the track.
    He undercut a four time world champion, bided his time behind Perez, made the overtaking move when it counted then chased and passed the limping Merc with only 2 laps to go, something Perez failed to do, ergo a worthy winner! Don't get me wrong Lewis should have and would have won it but as he wasn't in the race it wasn't a factor in what was a patient drive by Riccardo!

Formally known as:

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    He undercut a four time world champion, bided his time behind Perez, made the overtaking move when it counted then chased and passed the limping Merc with only 2 laps to go, something Perez failed to do, ergo a worthy winner! Don't get me wrong Lewis should have and would have won it but as he wasn't in the race it wasn't a factor in what was a patient drive by Riccardo!

nah. too many people jumping on this bandwagon atm just cos he is just about out performing seb. $#@! Ricc and his stupid nose and grin. Perez wasnt even fast enough. Red Bulls are still the 2nd fastest car on the grid. Not givin any dues when it was due to circumstances etc

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    nah. too many people jumping on this bandwagon atm just cos he is just about out performing seb. $#@! Ricc and his stupid nose and grin. Perez wasnt even fast enough. Red Bulls are still the 2nd fastest car on the grid. Not givin any dues when it was due to circumstances etc
    He wasn't too bad in a Torro Rosso especially in qualifying, his race craft wasn't too bad either! I am not jumping on the bandwagon because he is out performing Vettel I am giving him his dues because everyone wrote him off at the beginning of the season saying he will just play second fiddle to Vettel like Webber did and this is clearly not the case!

Formally known as:

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    He wasn't too bad in a Torro Rosso especially in qualifying, his race craft wasn't too bad either! I am not jumping on the bandwagon because he is out performing Vettel I am giving him his dues because everyone wrote him off at the beginning of the season saying he will just play second fiddle to Vettel like Webber did and this is clearly not the case!
    bollocks to him. Seb will overcome this jabroni soon!

My focus is solely on Mercedes Petronas and praying Nico gets a a DNF very very soons

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    bollocks to him. Seb will overcome this jabroni soon!

My focus is solely on Mercedes Petronas and praying Nico gets a a DNF very very soons
    His time will come I'm sure, Hamilton will get the point's back anyway because all in all he is a better racer than Rosberg is!

Formally known as:

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    His time will come I'm sure, Hamilton will get the point's back anyway because all in all he is a better racer than Rosberg is!
    Hmmmm, starting to have a few doubts atm.........

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Hmmmm, starting to have a few doubts atm.........
    I wouldn't, if there is one driver on the grid who really comes back fighting it's him! Take 2009 for example where he won a race in a car that at the start of the season was nowhere!

Formally known as:

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    I wouldn't, if there is one driver on the grid who really comes back fighting it's him! Take 2009 for example where he won a race in a car that at the start of the season was nowhere!
    Those 2 DNF's tho and has gotta beat the exact same car!

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Those 2 DNF's tho and has gotta beat the exact same car!
    Hey if anyone can do it Hamilton can!

Newey focusing on new things, Nissan's Le Mans project maybe.....
    Adrian Newey admits that frustrations with the restrictive nature of Formula 1's rules fuelled his desire to step back from his Formula 1 role with Red Bull.

The design genius, who helped turn Red Bull in to a dominant force in F1, is to begin working on side projects for the energy drinks company later this year alongside an advisory position for its grand prix team.

And although Red Bull won its first grand prix of the season in Canada, and has been champion for the past four years, Newey says that his passion has been dampened by the way the rules do not allow creative freedom.

"I just feel, to be perfectly honest, the current regulations are very restrictive, which is a shame," he said.

"It's difficult to find new areas to explore because they are so tight.

"At the same time, I'd like to see if I can apply my ability - whatever that might be - to other areas.

"I'll be fully involved with the team over the next few months.

"During that time we will look at how the engineering structure will run in the future, and then once I get fully into the new projects, I will step back and take on much more of an advisory role and, if you like, mentoring some of my colleague engineers.

"If they have questions or would like my advice then I'll be available to give that."

Although it is understood Ferrari contacted Newey to find out if he was interested in a switch, even though no formal offer was made, he has made it clear that he never properly considered leaving his current team.

"There has been a lot said about Ferrari," he said. "The bottom line is I've been with Red Bull more or less right from the start, very centrally involved in the team and how it has developed.

"So to walk away from that would feel a little like walking out on your wife."

But Newey has said that if F1's rules change and can excite him, then returning to a full-time role is not out of the question.

"It's quite possible," he said. "I've come to the stage in my career where I'd quite like to try other challenges, whatever they may be, and try my hand at different things.

"It's fresh stimulation, but all these things are transient.

"I'm 55 and not ready for the beach just yet. I'll do this for a little bit and see what happens after that."

Formally known as:

Thread Information