Page 229 of 257 FirstFirst ... 219229239 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,725 of 6412
    PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    1 spilt second image is what you are basing that on.
    There is a slight bend in the track that has to be steered around.
    Even if there is a kink, lap after lap every car is always at the position Vettel was in at that exact time. Perez was clearly moving right then decided to move off the racing line. Maybe it was to protect his position? Either way it was too late and he moved well off the racing line in the braking zone, this caused the accident.

In fact look at Perez's wheel, he does turn left slightly just before impact.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Was never a fan of the A1 ring. But it's not been used in a while so should be interesting.

I'm quite looking forward to Sochi of all circuits. That big semi circle looks tricky.

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.
    Agree on both accounts. Never liked Austria. Never liked to watch it, and never liked to race it on PS2. It was the only race i'd skip during the career mode thing. Don't know why :/

I wonder if its still got sand traps after every corner? or if they've renovated it with run off's like everywhere else

Sochi looks like a great track, should be big on tires with all the long high speed corners. Merc powered cars should do well there too.

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    1 spilt second image is what you are basing that on.
    There is a slight bend in the track that has to be steered around.

Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    Even if there is a kink, lap after lap every car is always at the position Vettel was in at that exact time. Perez was clearly moving right then decided to move off the racing line. Maybe it was to protect his position? Either way it was too late and he moved well off the racing line in the braking zone, this caused the accident.

All perez seems to do is straighten the wheel, which he's allowed to do if he's going to defend the corner. Perez has past the kink, and is entitled to move his car over in that direction.

If you want a better indication of direction, notice the width of the track. It's more or less the same through the kink and toward the corner.

Notice massa move over from left to right. Perez is merely opening his steering so he goes right to left as the track turns right. Massa, being behind, should have positioned his car better. He wasn't along side him so had no reason to commit in that manner. What was he expecting perez to do? not defend the corner? Massa gave him no space and subsequently drove into the back of him. imo, poor call from the FIA, Massa is a whiny sob at times.
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 06-10-2014 at 11:05.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim

Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    Agree on both accounts. Never liked Austria. Never liked to watch it, and never liked to race it on PS2. It was the only race i'd skip during the career mode thing. Don't know why :/

I wonder if its still got sand traps after every corner? or if they've renovated it with run off's like everywhere else

Sochi looks like a great track, should be big on tires with all the long high speed corners. Merc powered cars should do well there too.

All perez seems to do is straighten the wheel, which he's allowed to do if he's going to defend the corner. Perez has past the kink, and is entitled to move his car over in that direction.

If you want a better indication of direction, notice the width of the track. It's more or less the same through the kink and toward the corner.

Notice massa move over from left to right. Perez is merely opening his steering so he goes right to left as the track turns right. Massa, being behind, should have positioned his car better. He wasn't along side him so had no reason to commit in that manner. What was he expecting perez to do? not defend the corner? Massa gave him no space and subsequently drove into the back of him. imo, poor call from the FIA, Massa is a whiny sob at times.
    Still missing the point guys, BOTH failed to take out Vettel
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

4. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    Still missing the point guys, BOTH failed to take out Vettel
    I would agree, but Vettel is on my team. gotta look out for ma peeps!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Glad I chose Riccardo, was great to see him get his first win even if it was a little by default lol

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style

Massa followed the curvature of the corner, all drivers that have overtaken down there have done the same. Perez does NOT follow the corner and on top of that if you watch it frame by frame you can clearly see that Massa actually was quite a lot alongside Perez and at a considerably higher speed. In fact this was before the braking zone which I didn't realise.

If you look carefully Perez starts going right and when Massa was halfway alongside him Perez turns the wheel towards the left slightly. To me this is Perez's fault and I can clearly see it.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It was actually nice to see Seb give Ricc a hug/llift up etc!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Massa followed the curvature of the corner, all drivers that have overtaken down there have done the same. Perez does NOT follow the corner and on top of that if you watch it frame by frame you can clearly see that Massa actually was quite a lot alongside Perez and at a considerably higher speed. In fact this was before the braking zone which I didn't realise.

If you look carefully Perez starts going right and when Massa was halfway alongside him Perez turns the wheel towards the left slightly. To me this is Perez's fault and I can clearly see it.
    this is why i think its his fault more than massa's

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    It was actually nice to see Seb give Ricc a hug/llift up etc!
    Yeah I agree, fair play to Vettel for that!

Elite Sage
    Vettel has to show being a good sportsman when your rookie teammate is doing more than holding his own against you.

Those 4 WDCs are looking more fraudulent which each passing race. Riccardo is best of the rest right now.

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid

The stewards do the judging usually have an ex F1 driver advising them.

http://184.106.145.74/f1-championshi...a-stewards.pdf
    Last edited by keefy; 06-10-2014 at 11:50.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Vettel has to show being a good sportsman when your rookie teammate is doing more than holding his own against you.

Those 4 WDCs are looking more fraudulent which each passing race. Riccardo is best of the rest right now.

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.
    True, but Seb has a lot of car issues so far........still not giving in props, just feel that everyone is going overboard with Ricc atm!

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.
    I am going to reserve my judgement on that to be honest, he has been used to driving car's with a massive amount of downforce so to step into something with not a lot of it is going to take a little while to get used to! But on the other side of the coin if he really was as good as his 4 WDC's make out he is he REALLY should have got on top of it by at least Bahrain! Riccardo really is showing him up right now!

Elite Sage

Formula 1 Thread

That's the problem. He got those 4 WDCs on the trot so if he is as good as people would lead you to believe he should be able to adapt to whatever car he has and at the least beat your rookie teammate.

Yes he has improved this season but his 4 WDCs will go against him if he is beaten in the WDC this year. Alonso said it himself, those championships are his biggest enemy cause if he can't get the best out of a car and is consistently - so far - beaten by a teammate. It doesn't look good. Let's not forget Daniel got DQ when in 2nd and another poor result also. He is exposing Vettel

Vettel is good, but Alonso he is not. Imagine if Alonso was his teammate. Now that would've been something b

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Alonso as Vettel's teammate? Sorry who's Vettel?

When Hamilton entered F1 and Alonso was new double WDC at the time, Hamilton was faster clearly. The only reason Alonso drew with him was because of Hamilton's screw ups in his first season. Hamilton however has consistently shown his pace throughout his career (can't believe it's his 8th season!), Alonso kept up with Hamilton throughout the 2007 championship though to the wire so it was close, then moved back to Renault and a struggling Ferrari and is always fighting for wins.

Vettel on the other hand is showing none of what Alonso has done when being threatened by a newcomer. He was close in Montréal at least but still only a single race is poor. Even with a previous car that was glued to the road for 4 seasons, the same was with most of the others, they just didn't have the cornering speed that was all. Fast forward to today and he can barely get to grips with the wheel spin.

Mind you Vettel has been driving skittish cars throughout his career so this shouldn't be a problem for him whatsoever.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    McLaren missed a MASSIVE opportunity in 2012 and 2013, 2012 they had the fastest car at the beginning and end of that season and it's what they should have stuck with in 2013!! Still a little bitter maybe but hey ho, that's McLaren!

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Austria Pole lap

I think this was the last time F1 was there???

Getting the balance right seems key with all these oddly cambered, odd angled breaking zones. Red Bull should be very good here...go figure, they're the ones bringing the circuit back
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Elite Sage
    Practice is on

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Not a very long lap is it!

Elite Sage
    It's over before it starts it's shorter than Monaco! Or perhaps faster as quite a few high speed corners.

How many laps will it be, 70? I like short lap races as it makes qualifying exciting!

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Hole Finder - Mind the Ga
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    Not a very long lap is it!
    Said the verger to the bishop *phnarr* *phnarr* *thweep*

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    It was always a short track unfortunately. It's a fun circuit to drive because of the inclines but it's nothing special in terms of layout. It's nice to have it back on the calendar but I would have preferred to have Magny Cours.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Yeah it's not a very complicated layout but then again it never was! Like you say Varsh would have been nice to see Magny Cours back on the calendar, it is a great track!

Elite Sage
    Magny-Cours was a very good circuit, a few good races. I know I always say it, and i know it wont work, but Brands Hatch needs to be the British GP

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Yes you are right it won't work

Sorry but for me Silverstone is the home of the British GP and always will be!

Thread Information