Page 231 of 246 FirstFirst ... 221231241 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,775 of 6148
    Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Doesn't F1 just seem to have lost it's way at the minute? I still enjoy it but I am enjoying the Moto GP more!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    This might sound strange but I'm really looking forward to Formula-E later this year more than the next season of F1.
    The noise, its all about the noise. LOL

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Wow, 2 things that Bernie has come out with that have really started to put me off my love of the sport and put the nails of the coffin in F1:

The future of the Italian Grand Prix at Monza is in doubt after Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone said on Tuesday that the event was likely to be dropped after 2016.

The venue has held the Italian GP every year since the world championship started in 1950, apart from 1980 when the event went to Imola.

But with talks set to begin soon about framing a new deal for when the current contract expires in two years' time, Ecclestone is unsure if a new deal will be done.

When asked by Gazzetta dello Sport about what the future of the Monza race looked like, Ecclestone said: "It's not good. I don't think we'll do another contract, as the old
    one has been disastrous for us from a commercial point of view.

"So it's bye-bye after 2016."

Should Monza be unable to put in place a financial package that suits Ecclestone, one alternative that has been suggested is Mugello.

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo, whose company owns the track, has talked about wanting the Italian GP switched there.

But Ecclestone said there had been no discussions about that.

"No, I haven't received any proposal," he said.

ITALIAN TV RATINGS NOT HELPING

One factor that may make it hard for Italian GP organisers to put in place a commercial package is the fact that television ratings in the country have dropped alarmingly.

Ecclestone suggest that Ferrari's disappointing form in 2014 explains why Italian audiences have switched off.

"TV ratings are lower in Italy than elsewhere," he said.

"TV channels have split with digital broadcasting, and there's also Twitter, Facebook and other communication means, so young people are more distracted.

"How to improve Italian ratings? If Ferrari started to end up first and second in qualifying and races... TV ratings would improve everywhere. Ferrari is worldwide passion."
    Bernie Ecclestone wants big teams to run third cars in Formula 1, and says smaller outfits should quit the sport if they cannot afford it.

Just a week after F1's commercial boss said he would be happy if some of grand prix's backmarkers closed down, Ecclestone has revealed his vision for the future.

He reckons F1 would be better off if it was filled with fewer teams running more cars, rather than how it currently is.

In an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport talking about what the current small teams should do since costs are out of control, Ecclestone said: "They must stop. If you don't have the finances, you quit.

"I'm ready for a Formula 1 with eight teams with three cars each.

"Is it better to have a third Ferrari or a Caterham? Ferrari could maybe find new sponsors in the USA and an American driver: fantastic. It is the same for the others.

"Take Caterham: it has invested lots of money and it would need just as much, so it looks for paying drivers. What for, since it has never been competitive?"

Ecclestone believes the best way to attract new names to F1 is to get them to buy current outfits, rather than starting squads from scratch.

"It's not easy to start from scratch, F1 costs money," he said.

"To buy a team with a windtunnel, simulator and so on, one requires an investment of around 150 million euros.

"And you haven't even started: then you need the drivers, the right technicians to build the car, and the good ones are few and expensive. That's why Ferrari wanted Newey..."
    Way to make them feel wanted Bernie!!

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    Doesn't F1 just seem to have lost it's way at the minute? I still enjoy it but I am enjoying the Moto GP more!
    Lately I'm finding Indycar to be MUCH more enjoyable. Not the best drivers, not the fastest cars, but MUCH more entertaining than your typical F1 race these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoKInGHbYTc

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    It's such a shame and I wouldn't be surprised if a break away series was on the cards again!

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    True but it also goes to prove that with Vettel it was more about the car than the driver, but then again F1 has been ever since 2009, not surprised it is loosing viewers!

It's been that for a lot longer than since 2009.

Is it the driver or the car?

Well, Michael Schumacher won 7 World Drivers Championships....... And all 7 of his championships were won in cars designed by Rory Byrne. Schumacher never won an F1 championship in any other car.

Since 1992 (22 years ago) 17 of the championship winning cars were designed by either Rory Byrnes or Adrian Newey. That's two designers winning 77% of the championships regardless of who is driving the car.

It's been more than 20 years since the driver mattered more than the car.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Well seeing Mugello instead of Monza would be nice as I do think that Monza is incredibly dull, there is simply nothing to that track other than floor it, turn at 50mph, floor it, turn at 50mph, floor it then it's the end of the lap! To be honest I would love to have Imola back on the calendar as that was a much more fun circuit. Now if Luca wants Mugello on the calendar then he better hurry up and pull his finger out of his arse.

The only reason TV ratings have dropped in Italy is because Ferrari are doing $#@!e and have been since Massa almost won the championship... 2008 then! This happened in the 80's and early 90's when Ferrari were nowhere until they got Schumi on board.

As for removing the back markers, hell no! In fact if his "if they can't afford it then they shouldn't be in F1" rings true then you may as well take out more than 8 teams on the grid. In fact the only profitable teams I can think of right now are Ferrari, Williams, Red Bull and McLaren. So Bernie, does that mean each team should run 6 to 7 cars?

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    So, who's looking forward to Silverstone this weekend?

Forum Sage
    Not me. I really don't like Silverstone. I am looking forward to more F1 though. My money is on Rosberg and Ricciardo this weekend. Lewis has gone 'Lewis' and I think emotions are going to come into play.

He is his own biggest rival

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Silverstone is one of my all-time favourite tracks and I always always always look forward to it.

Forum Sage
    I've just never really liked it. Too flat and uninspiring. Though it's the only race I've been to live. Really debating driving to Spa as it's only a short ferry across and I guess it's our nearest F1 Circuit

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    We are planning to do that next year, going with the father and brother in law and perhaps taking my son, would be awesome even if it's only for the once!

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Not me. I really don't like Silverstone. I am looking forward to more F1 though. My money is on Rosberg and Ricciardo this weekend. Lewis has gone 'Lewis' and I think emotions are going to come into play.

He is his own biggest rival

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.
    Whilst i disagree to a certain extent, i feel if he doesnt WIN this weekend, he wont win the WDC and never will. This is going to be his best chance of winning a WDC. Whilst he the faster driver, he has had the unfortunate luck of having two DNF;s and i dont see Nico getting any. His pitstops haven been great and he messed up Qualify in Canada and Austria and Nico just seems to be so cerebral and in the "zone". Lewis wont overhaul that lead now.....................he can be his own worst enemy but those two DNF's were no fault of his own, i feel the W06 is too dominant and Nico is no Mark Webber, to let the lead slip.....im praying he has a DNF, but he'll either finish 2nd or 1st in most races......as should Lewis

Damn those DNF;s

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Looks like Fernandes had enough at Caterham then:

The Caterham Formula 1 team has been sold to a consortium advised by Colin Kolles and will now be run by ex-F1 driver Christijan Albers.

AUTOSPORT reported earlier this week that Caterham owner Tony Fernandes was on the brink of offloading his team, with Kolles always among the frontrunners for the deal.

A Caterham statement said the new owners were "a consortium of Swiss and Middle Eastern investors" advised by Kolles, and that they would take over ownership with immediate effect.

The team name will remain and it will keep its current Leafield base.

Albers started 45 grands prix with the Minardi and Kolles-run Midland/Spyker teams in 2005-07.

He will replace current team boss Cyril Abiteboul, and will be assisted by Manfredi Ravetto, a former member of the defunct HRT team.

"We are aware of the huge challenge ahead of us given the fight at the bottom end of the championship and our target now is to aim for 10th place in the 2014 championship," said Albers.

"We are very committed to the future of the team and we will ensure that the team has the necessary resources to develop and grow and achieve everything it is capable of."

Caterham came into F1 under the Team Lotus name in 2010, and immediately became involved in a bitter row over the rights to Lotus branding with the car company of the same name.

That ultimately led to the switch to the Caterham title for 2012.

Although the team initially had the upper hand over fellow 2010 arrivals Virgin/Marussia and HRT, and was able to hire grand prix winners Heikki Kovalainen and Jarno Trulli, its form slipped in recent years and it began to rely more heavily on funded drivers.

It was beaten to the lucrative 10th place in the standings by Marussia last season and is currently at the foot of the 2014 championship.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    As soon as I saw "Middle-East Investors" I instantly thought "billions of dollars". Hmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    Whilst i disagree to a certain extent, i feel if he doesnt WIN this weekend, he wont win the WDC and never will. This is going to be his best chance of winning a WDC.
    Umm... you do realise that Lewis won the 2008 WDC right?

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    Umm... you do realise that Lewis won the 2008 WDC right?
    Why do you do that? Obviously it was an oversight!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Would be nice to see him take a home victory, think he will hook it up this weekend and be unbeatable!!

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    I like the actual racing part of it but i can't stand the massive $#@!fest over anything or anyone that's British in F1.

Why is it that Silverstone's never had permanent grandstands built? The facilities bar the pit complex look crap compared to some of the other circuits
    Nico Rosberg Sergio Perez Kevin Magnussen

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    man, i missed this thread!

what is up!?

psyched for the F1 this weekend. shame it wasn't last, i'd have had plenty time to watch it! xD

Naturally, im going to add my obligatory 'from this point until the mercs start losing' throw away comment "Paddy lowe is a dunce"! if they don't win here i blame him. If the Americans can blame Obama i can blame this guy!

On a side note. have you seen the BS the sport organisers have put down for next year?

FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Changes to the F1 Regulations for 2015 have been agreed by the WMSC.

The last date at which the sporting and technical regulations can be changed without unanimous agreement has been changed from 30 June to 1 March each year, starting from 2015.

Changes to 2015 Sporting Regulations
    Power units
    - The number of engines permitted by each driver in a season will be four. However, if there are more than 20 races in a season, the number will increase to five.
    - The penalty for a complete change of Power Unit will be starting from the back of the grid, not the pit lane.

Aerodynamic testing
    - The number of wind tunnel runs will be reduced from 80 hours per week to 65 hours per week.
    - Wind-on hours are to be reduced from 30 hours per week to 25 hours.
    - Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) usage is to be reduced from 30 Teraflops to 25 Teraflops.
    - Two periods of tunnel occupancy will be allowed in one day (rather than only one).
    - Teams will only be able to nominate one wind tunnel in one year.

Testing
    - There will be three pre-season tests of four days each in Europe in 2015 (currently teams are able to test outside Europe). This will be reduced to two tests of four days in 2016.
    - There will be two in-season tests of two days each in Europe (instead of the current four). Two of these four days must be reserved for young drivers.

Car specification at an Event
    The current restrictions to the parc ferme will now apply from the start of P3 instead of the start of qualifying.

Wheels and tyres
    The [proposed] ban on tyre blankets will be rescinded for 2015. This will be re-discussed if and when the wheel and tyre diameter increases in the future.

Personnel Curfew
    The Friday night curfew will be extended from six to seven hours in 2015 and will increase to eight hours in 2016.

Safety Car restarts
    Safety Car restarts will now be a standing start from the grid. Standing starts will not be carried out if the Safety Car is used within two laps of the start (or restart) of a race or if there are less than five laps of the race remaining.

Changes to 2015 Technical Regulations
    A number of changes have been made, including:
    - A number of new regulations for the noses to ensure improved safety and to provide more aesthetically pleasing structures.
    - A number of new regulations concerning skid blocks to ensure that they are made from a lighter material (titanium) and are better contained.
    - New regulations to ensure that the brake discs rotate at the same speed as the wheels.
    - A two-stage wheel fastener retaining system is now compulsory.
    i hope the bastard who gave birth to those ideas dies a slow and painful death

the guys who make the cars are far smarter than the guys coming up with these rules. And the engineers will always make them look like fools. That safety car thing is balls. Some imbecile obviously took one look at attention figures during a race weekend and went yeah, lets just do that over and over...it's gimmicky as sin. cop-out for actually equalizing competitiveness.

It's like a moron taking away paper from a genius....yeah, he'll just use something else derp for brains.

Merc engineers made them look like fools this year.

Sig courtesy of the_jim

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    F1 really is in danger of not just loosing fans but loosing teams as well, would not be surprised if a break away series comes up on the rumour list soon!!

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    So this is how they finished first practice, shame Susie didn't get much of a run:

1. Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1m35.424s 25
    2. Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1m36.155s +0.731s 22
    3. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1m36.263s +0.839s 23
    4. Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull-Renault 1m36.623s +1.199s 21
    5. Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari 1m36.703s +1.279s 23
    6. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1m36.921s +1.497s 20
    7. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1m36.963s +1.539s 25
    8. Daniil Kvyat Toro Rosso-Renault 1m37.175s +1.751s 29
    9. Jean-Eric Vergne Toro Rosso-Renault 1m37.227s +1.803s 25
    10. Kevin Magnussen McLaren-Mercedes 1m37.231s +1.807s 30
    11. Sergio Perez Force India-Mercedes 1m37.720s +2.296s 22
    12. Romain Grosjean Lotus-Renault 1m37.910s +2.486s 21
    13. Esteban Gutierrez Sauber-Ferrari 1m38.056s +2.632s 18
    14. Daniel Juncadella Force India-Mercedes 1m38.083s +2.659s 23
    15. Giedo van der Garde Sauber-Ferrari 1m38.328s +2.904s 19
    16. Jules Bianchi Marussia-Ferrari 1m38.917s +3.493s 12
    17. Felipe Massa Williams-Mercedes 1m39.461s +4.037s 7
    18. Max Chilton Marussia-Ferrari 1m39.814s +4.390s 24
    19. Marcus Ericsson Caterham-Renault 1m40.597s +5.173s 19
    20. Robin Frijns Caterham-Renault 1m42.261s +6.837s 11
    21. Susie Wolff Williams-Mercedes 1m44.212s +8.788s 4
    22. Pastor Maldonado

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    I also feel sorry for Susie. At least she's going to get another run in Hockenheim but still that's a whole half of her test lost. Bottas is back on track now so let's see the speed of the Williams here then.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    You able to watch it? I can only get the Autosport live updates......

Forum Sage
    FP1 was on BBC but bloody Wimbledon has taken over now. BBC and GPUpdate live updates for me now

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Hamilton looking a bit better now, really want him to perform this weekend!

Thread Information