Page 241 of 256 FirstFirst ... 231241251 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,025 of 6385
    Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Hold on why do I have to start the new thread

By the time you have read this a new Fornula E thread will have been created
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Hold on why do I have to start the new thread

By the time you have read this a new Fornula E thread will have been created
    Really? Is one needed? F1 is where its at. Ive never even heard of this $#@!!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    Really? Is one needed? F1 is where its at. Ive never even heard of this $#@!!
    Sure looks like it although I must admit I am not a massive fan of Formula E so probably won't spend much time in it lol

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Some breaking Formula 1 news:

Max Verstappen will race in Formula 1 at the age of 17 when he joins the Toro Rosso team next year, the Red Bull-owned squad announced on Monday.

The Dutchman, currently competing in the Formula 3 European Championship, will join Russian Daniil Kvyat, replacing Frenchman Jean-Eric Vergne.

Verstappen, the son of former grand prix driver Jos, had joined the Red Bull F1 junior programme just last week.

He has won eight F3 races in his maiden season of car racing, having competed in karting until last year.

As revealed by AUTOSPORT earlier this month, he had been linked with the Mercedes F1 junior programme as well.

Verstappen will become the youngest ever driver to be on the F1 grid when he races in next year's Australian Grand Prix.

The previous record holder was Jaime Alguersuari, who made his GP debut at 19 years and 125 days of age, also with Toro Rosso.

"Ever since I was seven years old, Formula 1 has been my career goal, so this opportunity is truly a dream come true," said Verstappen.

His team-mate Kvyat made his debut this year at the age of 19.

"We are happy to welcome Max into the Toro Rosso family," said team boss Franz Tost.

"It's great to see how the Red Bull Junior Programme continues to find talented young drivers and gives them the opportunity to come into Formula 1.

"We consider Max to be as one of the most skilled young drivers of the new generation and we believe he has the necessary maturity and mental strength to take on this challenge successfully."

The news means Vergne's future in Formula 1 will depend on finding a drive elsewhere.

"I would also like to thank Jean-Eric Vergne for all his hard work," added Tost.

"He has produced strong performances, but unfortunately he was also hindered by some reliability problems, especially in the first half of the current season.

"We hope that we have resolved these problems and that he will be able to end the second half of this season on a high note and thereby show that he still deserves another opportunity in Formula 1."
    Looks like one to keep an eye on for the future!

Elite Sage
    I know they if you're good enough your old enough but I don't know.

What's the point in the feeder series if drivers keep bypassing it.

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    I guess Red Bull must have seen enough to grant him an F1 drive straight away, but I think we shall see a young boy trying too hard in the first couple of races and taking people out!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    too young, too inexperienced. a driver of that age with such limited racing experience being given access to a missile on wheels is disaster waiting to happen.

the FIA should be stepping in and taking decisions like this away from the teams by setting a reasonable mandatory minimum age requirement for obtaining a superlicence.

they should also make it mandatory that all drivers entering F1 should have adequate experience in GP2 or an equivalent series beforehand.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Surebrec View Post
    too young, too inexperienced. a driver of that age with such limited racing experience being given access to a missile on wheels is disaster waiting to happen.

the FIA should be stepping in and taking decisions like this away from the teams by setting a reasonable mandatory minimum age requirement for obtaining a superlicence.

they should also make it mandatory that all drivers entering F1 should have adequate experience in GP2 or an equivalent series beforehand.
    Not often i agree with this guy, but THIS

this is an accident waiting to happen on the track............

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Elite Sage
    Kobayashi dropped before the Spa GP. Good for him, he was too good for Caterham anyway. Idiots.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/207790/...-caterham.html

Lotterer has had a successful career but it's the way they've got rid of Kamui that annoys me as I've always really liked him and was excited to see him back this season even if it meant in a back runner.

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Wow I did not see that coming, shame but Kob deserves to be in a better car than a Caterham!

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    *sighs*

What is it with F1 nowadays and pay drivers?

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    It's a shame but that's the way it is going, money over talent, more for the small teams than others but I guess they need it to compete in F1!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    pay drivers have always been a part of F1. sometimes for certain teams, they are a necessity.

that's just the nature of the sport.

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    This made me laugh:

Formula 1 world champion Sebastian Vettel says it is "unfair" to compare his 2014 performances with those of Red Bull team-mate Daniel Ricciardo, because of greater unreliability Vettel has suffered.

Ricciardo has out-qualified his quadruple world champion team-mate seven times in 11 races since joining Red Bull from Toro Rosso this season, and has won twice to lead Vettel by 43 points and three places in the world championship.

Vettel is known to have disliked the effect of the major change in regulations last winter on the handling of the RB10, but also reckons the greater number of reliability problems he has suffered compared to Ricciardo has exaggerated the gap between them.

"I won't argue with the fact he [Ricciardo] did a great job so far, [but] on my side, we've had plenty of qualifying sessions where we have had some sort of trouble," Vettel said, when asked to explain the difference between himself and Ricciardo over the first 11 races.

"I do not remember all of them in terms of what the nature was, but we lost out many times because of that, and in the races too, which was getting quite frustrating.

"Formula 1 can be nice but it is also brutal in that sometimes it will not let you have the opportunity to show what you can do.

"That's why I am not interested in comparing too much because, on my side, it's not fair to compare.

"Fortunately for Daniel, he had a smoother year in terms of reliability. I'm not saying a perfect year, but way less issues than I had, so I think it's not entirely fair to compare."

VETTEL HAPPIER WITH CAR

Red Bull has complained vociferously about the lack of reliability and power from its Renault engine so far this season, and Vettel believes he will enjoy a strong finish to the campaign if the RB10 can avoid further issues.

"It is clear the second half (of the season) won't be smooth for us because we have to pay the price of the first half in terms of engines and other components," Vettel added.

"We will need to change them at some point and will obviously receive a penalty for that, which is not great from a driver perspective but is part of the rules and part of the game.

"Other than that, I think we have made big progress if you look at the beginning of the season and the way I was fighting with the car.

"We had lots of problems with reliability, I didn't drive the car much and there were things that bothered me which we have fixed.

"To be honest, it has not been our season yet, but the potential is there; but the luck has not been there.

"Things didn't come together but I am sure one day it will turn around and we will be in a happier place."
    So what are your excuses for all the other races where you haven't been effected by reliability and Riccardo has still outraced you

Oh and another thing...................F1 is back on baby!!!!

Elite Sage
    Oh yes! Got it on my laptop at work.

Still getting a bit of moaning from Rosberg I have no doubt he could snatch the title - due to merit or lucky reliability I'll let you decide - but he needs to stop expecting it to be gifted to him.

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    He has kind of let success go to his head a little bit, needs some bad luck to knock him back down to earth I think!

Elite Sage
    I don't think anyone can to be fair. If you're teammate who started in the Pit land beats you the only tool you need to evaluate the performance is a mirror

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Will be interesting to see how Mercedes play it this weekend, a qualifying where nothing goes wrong for Hamilton would be nice! Do we think the other teams will be any closer to Mercedes after the winter break?

Elite Sage
    If anyone will be close I think it will be Williams first. Don't expect much from the non Mercedes powered teams this weekend.

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    It's quite a fast track so I can see it being Mercedes, Williams then Red Bull and Ferrari being the best of the rest!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    I don't think anyone can to be fair. If you're teammate who started in the Pit land beats you the only tool you need to evaluate the performance is a mirror
    to be honest, if you're referring to rosberg there (from the context of the discussion, it seems that way), that would have never happened had the safety car not intervened.

he was long gone after only a couple of laps.

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Now is this not one of the best decisions to happen in F1 lately

Max Chilton says he relinquished his Marussia Formula 1 race seat to Alexander Rossi for the Belgian Grand Prix voluntarily due to financial issues on the team's side.

Marussia announced on Thursday afternoon at Spa that its recently-signed reserve driver Rossi would replace Chilton alongside Jules Bianchi this weekend.

The team said the move was due to "contractual issues".

Chilton subsequently released a statement through his PR company saying that Marussia was short of funds and he had moved aside so that Rossi could pay for the seat.

"Max Chilton has volunteered to step out of his race seat for this weekend's race in Spa, Belgium, to allow the team to attract much needed funds by selling his seat," read the statement.

"Max will attend the race and be on hand to support the team in any way possible."

The statement indicated that the driver swap was only a temporary measure for Spa.

"Marussia are currently in talks with several new investors and it is expected the situation will be resolved before the next race in the F1 calendar in Monza," it added.

Chilton was in his second full season with Marussia after stepping up from GP2 to F1 with the team last year.

Marussia has declined to specify exactly what the contractual issues are, but they are likely to relate to the non-payment of promised funding from Chilton's backers that secure him the drive.

Elite Sage

Formula 1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Surebrec View Post
    to be honest, if you're referring to rosberg there (from the context of the discussion, it seems that way), that would have never happened had the safety car not intervened.

he was long gone after only a couple of laps.
    Yup Hamilton had a lucky race and a few things definitely went in his favour but safety car is part of F1. Nico had the benefit of the SC in Bahrain but failed to capitalise on it. He also had the benefit of the safety/car waved yellows in Monaco.

There's something about his race craft that leaves a lot to be desired. Being stuck behind Vergne in Hungary put more spotlight on that. Rosberg can lead a race tremendously but I've never been impressed by his over cautious overtaking. He thinks he could've won the last race I would've liked to see him try over take Alonso for P2

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Now is this not one of the best decisions to happen in F1 lately
    if his financial "talent" is no longer prepared to bankroll him, his actual talent is nowhere near enough to keep him in the sport.

I always assumed it was his dad who bought him his seat this season, like he did last year. maybe that was just last season. it says a lot if your dad sells his own insurance company to buy you a seat in F1, then drops you like a bad habit.

talk about having faith in someone's talent!

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Well this just goes to show that sometimes it really is the money and not the talent that gets you into F1, shame!

Thread Information