Page 256 of 256 FirstFirst ... 246256
Results 6,376 to 6,385 of 6385
    Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It would be interesting... not sure where the teams will come from though. Maybe Peugeot will make a shock return but as a constructor

When is HAAS joining, 2015 or 16?

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    2016 I believe, think he said 2015 would come too soon for them!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Elite Sage
    Speaking of Haas...

Gene Haas says his initial goal in F1 is to survive the first "five years" after which he hopes to launch an attack on the midfield teams.
    The NASCAR team owner is set to enter F1 in 2016, the latest to try for a successful American F1 team.
    But where others have failed, often expecting too much too soon, the 61-year-old admits his first goal is just to survive.
    "I think for the first five years is just surviving, don't have any expectations of grandeur that we are going to go out there and win championships," he told CNN's The Circuit.

"If we even win a race in 5 years, I think that would be a tremendous success.
    "Just the association of being with Formula One basically takes our brand from nobody to the stratosphere... and if we struggle at it, maybe we will get more notoriety about it. But sooner or later we will march up... I'm not expecting to beat anybody, just maybe the guys at the back."

The American is under no illusions about the challenge ahead, stating that it is the "biggest" he's ever undertaken.
    "Well, certainly the biggest challenge, yeah. But I guess I don't have any doubts that we can do it... people keep saying "are you going to fail..." I don't even really think about it.
    "I think to me it's just a challenge, it's something that you need to do and it can be done. I know it's hard, but like I say, don't give up... just keep banging your head against the wall until you open the door."

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227...-is-to-survive
    I already really like his approach. just, for the love of god, don't let your livery be the predictable stripes and stars..

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    I already really like his approach. just, for the love of god, don't let your livery be the predictable stripes and stars..
    Nice to see him being realistic, just really hope it comes off for him and doesn't end up like the last USA F1 attempt!

Elite Sage

Uh Oh....

Alert! The Ferrari 2015 seems slow

A rumor that is to Autosprint from reliable sources casts a disturbing premise on the new Ferrari 666 (code-named Project of the F1 2015 ).From the early feedback on the model tested in the wind tunnel before and after the simulator shows that the Ferrari next year proved to be yet slower than the current model .
    This news comes from an article published in the same name Autosprint 42 on newsstands Tuesday, October 21 that addresses the topic in more detail.

We're not talking about the real car, of course, because it has not yet been built and installed, but the first results obtained from the wind tunnel on the 60% ​​scale model that depicts the new car. Findings that were then transferred to the simulator where the car proved virtually, was slower than the current F14 T .

We can assume that the comparison has been made ​​mainly on the aero plane simulator because the model certainly can not have the technical improvements in the study phase on the turbo engine and electrical components . Of course the news is not comforting. It confirms the rumors last month about whether to Alonso (and then also to Vettel ) had been informally told not to expect a significant change in competitiveness in 2015 , which would have also influenced his decision to give up the contract already signed with Maranello .

The Ferrari 2015 of which we speak is the first true single-seater Ferrari born born under the technical direction of James Allison (the design of the frame is always Tombazis ). For now it is summarily identified by the initials "666" : this is the code name for the project that sequentially follows the construction of F1 over the years while the final name will be established only in January on the occasion of the official launch

Source

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Gene Haas has always been pretty big and realistic, though coming from winning Nascar to trying to win in F1 is such a big leap that it will be interesting to see how Haas Racing developers when they enter. The technology difference between Nascar and F1 is like moving to another solar system altogether let alone another planet.

Edit: The Ferrari is going to be slower now? "666"? Is it me or did they hire a Damien? I guess with that news and Ferrari not being able to supply Alonso a championship winning car, thatwas most likely his escape clause to leave. Vettel's going to be pissed.

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Thought they were meant to be going forward next year not back

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    That picture is priceless.

Vettel: The Ferrari's slower next year? Damnit!
    Alonso: AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Elite Sage
    Yeah, it had me chuckling away at my desk for a bit

Looks like Vettel can really show his worth in a slow car this time, if it's true. Then again how many pre-season rumours about Ferrari have you heard that haven't been true?

I'm interested to see if Vettel can beat Kimi as comprehensively as Alonso has

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Yeah, it had me chuckling away at my desk for a bit

Looks like Vettel can really show his worth in a slow car this time, if it's true. Then again how many pre-season rumours about Ferrari have you heard that haven't been true?

I'm interested to see if Vettel can beat Kimi as comprehensively as Alonso has
    I think he will, Kimi is great but I really think he is past his best now!

Thread Information