Page 266 of 266 FirstFirst ... 256266
Results 6,626 to 6,649 of 6649
    PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    A 2 year contract? HELL YES! Just imagine Mercedes vs McLaren Honda in 2016, especially with Hamilton and Rosberg vs Alonso and Button... that would be quite the site to see and an amazing rivalry. Actually wait a sec, throw that spoilt brat out of there, just Lewis for Mercedes.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    http://speedcap.net/sharing/screen.p...62569fb789.png

Whoa, in hotel rooms....steady on Nando.......

Doubt he'll have much of a struggle beating Button. Got the best driver, an exclusive engine, just need them to churn out a reasonable package
    Last edited by JordieDAFC; 1 Week Ago at 18:43.
    Nico Rosberg Sergio Perez Kevin Magnussen

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    meh,

go Lewis and go mercedes petronas.

they wont be troubled this year

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    Ron is certainly right on that count, Alonso and Button does make the best pair up on the grid by ludicrous margins. Just imagine if there were 3 car teams next year and they snapped up Hamilton, that would've been the scariest team line-up in history! Obviously we know that Lewis is probably the fastest driver on the grid and both Button and Alonso have managed to keep toe to toe with him so if Honda bring a smashing engine and McLaren sort their $#@!ty aero out then I think that McLaren could be a scary force come testing next year.

This also might mean that Honda pushes JB to finally don that groom suit and get it over and done with with Michibata.

Edit: Where did you find that out?
    Haha, wishful thinking. Best line up? 2 grandads, 1 being a sunday driver and 1 who is combustible?! nah. Merc and Ferrari say hi. Very experienced though, but wont count for anything next year as they wont be touching the mercs anytime soon. Think the Red bulls will be back before MclClaren are

Toe to toe? ok yes nando went toe toe with a rookie and drew or lost, does say more about nando or less about him? Jb went toe to toe and won on points overall by default due to many dnfs and the fact lewis went crazy! I like button now as a bloke, i still dont think he is as good as some make out. "shrugs"

Hopefully someone can bring a slight challenge to the silver arrows next year so its not just Lewis fending off Nico

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    Toe to toe? ok yes nando went toe toe with a rookie and drew or lost, does say more about nando or less about him? Jb went toe to toe and won on points overall by default due to many dnfs and the fact lewis went crazy!
    I think you should come to terms with the fact that Hamilton is the exception to the rookie rule, considering that he thrashed everybody in Formula 3 and GP2 before coming to Formula 1 pretty much was a given that he was blisteringly quick. I still rate him as the greatest ever rookie to enter F1 and by a long shot.

When I mean thrashing I really do mean thrashing, like 172 points to 94 in second position... yeah exactly.

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    I still think the Mercedes will be the fastest but I don't think they will be no where near as dominant next year! You think that all the other teams such as McLaren, Red Bull and Williams have just been concentrating on this year alone and now it's all over only now are they thinking about 2015, I don't think so do you?? All good things come to an end, just look at Ferrari come 2009 and Red Bull this year!!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Elite Sage
    Yeah it remains to be seen if they can keep their current advantage. If Honda can hit the ground running and be close to the Mercedes car it'll be very interesting.

When does winter testing start. January?

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Quote Originally Posted by JordieDAFC View Post
    I know the feeling.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Ron Dennis is such a $#@!, why did he have say those comments about Lewis? this was about FA and JB, the dude has moved on, let it go, he aint coming back

Tool

If i was JB id still hold resentment deep down for the way they mugged him off

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Keep walking pal

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    When does winter testing start. January?
    1st of Feb till the 4th, not too long when you think about it. Still got the car releases to go through January.
    Last edited by JordieDAFC; 6 Days Ago at 00:32.

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Love it when the teams show their new cars for the first time, would love McLaren to go back to red and white!

And in other news, Hamilton has won sports personality of the year and well deserved too!

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    If he didn't win it I would have been amazed. The only other person who I felt could win it this year was Rory McIlroy but the way Lewis went about things and cemented his name on the WDC easily made him the top dog for the SPOTY.

Elite Sage
    Yeah i do like seeing the new livery unveiled. Going to take something pretty spectacular to beat the Williams and Force India; both of which I thought had the best looking cars this year. A red and white McLaren-Honda could be beautiful. Obviously Malboro no longer sponsoring them but I'm assuming Santander will be sticking around now that Fred is back they could use the white and red scheme?

Who do you think will be 2015 champion? Hamilton has a very good record against Rosberg so history should say he could get a third but Nico will be fighting hard for it next year. Will the Mclaren-Honda be the challenger we think it could be?

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    35% of the votes he has in total, think McIlroy was nearest at about 17% something like that!

Man I am missing F1 already

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-

Elite Sage
    Oh god if that was indeed true....

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Now THAT is how the McLaren needs to look next season, minus the Marlboro sponsorship of course because in most countries it's not allowed now!

Elite Sage
    Swap Malboro and put Santander. job done

If their 2015 car looks like that... It'll be them having the best looking car followed by Williams and Force India

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    That just brings back memories of MP4/3 to MP4/11 era... such stunning cars! Well except for that hideous winglet at the top of the MP4/11 anyway.

If Lotus can do it then I'm sure McLAren can bring back the old livery too.

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Interesting story on BBC Sport:

Sebastian Vettel's decision to leave Red Bull was influenced by the pace of his team-mate Daniel Ricciardo, team boss Christian Horner says.

The German, who won four titles with Red Bull from 2010-14, has joined Ferrari after a year in which Ricciardo won three races and Vettel none.

Horner says Ricciardo was "probably a factor" in Vettel's decision.

And he said the Australian's overtake of Vettel at the Italian GP was "quite a defining moment for Sebastian".

Ricciardo dummied Vettel into the second chicane at Monza, feigning to pass one way before going the other, to beat him to fifth place in the race.

Horner, speaking in an interview for the BBC F1 review show, said of Vettel: "He was enormously frustrated after that grand prix.

"It was at a time where after the summer break, knowing Sebastian as well as I do, I could see he was very distracted and it was obvious something was at the back of his mind.

"And I think Ferrari were courting him quite hard and around Spa/Monza was the time he made the decision to do something different next year."

Horner said he was "not really" surprised Vettel decided to leave and move to Ferrari as a replacement for Fernando Alonso, who negotiated an early exit from his contract.

Horner said he believed Vettel had made a final decision on his future between the Italian and Singapore races in September.

"By the time he got to Singapore you could see he was a different person," Horner said.

"He was more relaxed and you could see he had made his mind up, but events had to unfold through Fernando actually leaving Ferrari. So, no, it wasn't a great surprise in the end."

Vettel has insisted he is "not running away from anything" at Red Bull and that he simply wanted a change of scenery and the chance to drive for Ferrari, where his childhood hero and later friend Michael Schumacher won five world titles.

Vettel will be team-mate there to Kimi Raikkonen in 2015.

Horner said: "The timing was right for Sebastian. He'd had a great run with us. He'd been with Red Bull since 12 years of age.

"He's won four world championships, 39 grands prix, 45 pole positions and I think he felt: 'I've reached 27 years of age. I don't want to end my career without having driven for Ferrari and I have a great opportunity to go there.'

"The lure of Ferrari for any driver is immensely powerful."

Vettel finished fifth in the championship, with Ricciardo third, having been out-scored by 71 points. Ricciardo out-qualified his team-mate 12 times in 19 races.

Horner said Vettel struggled to adapt to the new cars in F1 this year following the introduction of V6 turbo hybrid engines, reductions in downforce and a fuel restriction.

"He didn't like what F1 had become and was quite vocal about it - didn't like the engines, the noise, the way the car felt," Horner said.

"He was pretty upset about that at the beginning but once he realised that was it - it wasn't going to change - he started to get his head around it. He worked very hard, as he always has.

"But he got very frustrated the car wasn't doing what he wanted it to do and of course to compound that his team-mate is winning a couple of races and performing at the level he was."

Horner said the banning of exhaust-influenced rear aerodynamics, a technology in which Red Bull had excelled in the previous four seasons, had a big effect on Vettel.

"The rule changes were significant and the two guys who seem to have been affected most are Seb and Kimi and I think taking away the rear downforce has actually been a big factor for Sebastian," Horner said.

"How he generated his lap time was very much using the rear of the car on entry into the slower corners, which was much diminished this year, and that together with the brake-by-wire system had taken away some of the feeling of the braking that he is so dependent on.

"He is such a 'feel' driver that some of those feelings had been muted and it dumbed down some of his performance."

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    never ceases to amaze me just how quick the claws come out in F1, though in my opinion, he does have a point.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Will be interesting to see how he does at Ferrari, I do think the change will do him good but whether he will win them another drivers championship remains to be seen!

Thread Information