Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Remember when rain never stopped a Grand Prix
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Elite Sage

Well Max is certainly impressing me.

Not sure what was going on between Nico and Lewis but seems nico caused himself trouble.

Sebastian is looking like he back on form since joining Ferrari. Very good result for him. Was he just playing with us all last year?

Will be interesting to see how much trouble he can cause tomorrow

Selected Members Council

PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    I think Vettel has been revitalized since leaving Red Bull, he had just reached his peak there and needed a change of scene to really prove just how skillful he is!

Think the Mercedes will still run away with it if the weather stays dry, if it's a wet race though then who knows Vettel could well cause an upset tomorrow!

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Sebastian is looking like he back on form since joining Ferrari. Very good result for him. Was he just playing with us all last year?
    Wait till 2017, then it'll be the seperation between the men and the boys, 1000BHP turbos and mega wide tyres here we come.

I had no clue about what was going to happen during Q3 though, good grief that was intense. So glad Hamilton got in that banker otherwise he wouldn't have got pole. Nico definitely blocked him though, it was so blatant but I guess with him getting pole he didn't kick up a fuss about it, at least he's a car behind him on the grid.

Elite Sage

Indeed. Seems Nico is going to try everything this year.

Who's up with me?

Elite Sage

What is this.... Am I happy at the sight of Vettel winning?

I'm actually genuinely happy for the guy

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Missed the first half of the race. Switched on to see a 16 second Vettel lead...Was not expecting that this weekend.

Great to see a challenge at the front, and Vettel looks like he's proving the 4 championships weren't just the car.

Since i'm a fan of the merc team i have to criticise Paddy Lowe. I've said it from the start; The guy is a tool. This is his first season that is wholly his with no Ross brawn influence. Second race in and already a massive blunder from senior management? Dare i say, arrogance from the higher ups?

Irrespective: Now the mercs strategy will change for this season. We won't get "optimal" race strategies and instead get "race" strategies. Lewis should like those

Furthermore, Chris Horner looks a right pillock now. "Equalisation" my arse. Ferrari topped the Mercs through hard work. $#@!ing and moaning need not apply.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Elite Sage

Yeah I remember you giving PL a hard time through last season :P

Hope Kimi can get a win this season too. I agree, ginger spice must feel silly!

I bet another one who feels Silly will be Nico. he says he wants Ferrari to be closer and he got his wish

Anyone else thought he looked like a broken man just keeping up appearances on the podium?
    He must be thinking last year was the best chance he will ever get at winning a WDC. Two horse race and he was beaten into the ground by his team-mate. Now he has a quick car again but rather than just one great racer to beat he has to beat 3 other drivers, who in my opinion, are remarkably better than he is.

I'm calling it now, Nico is Mark Webber 2.0.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    I think you're right, Nico just doesn't have what it takes to be a WDC IMO. I do have to admit though that that Ferrari is mega quick! Even I have to admit that Vettel drove a great race, Raikonnen drove an even better race. I think that Raikonnen could have got second if it wasn't for his puncture.

I do think Mercedes did the right call for Hamilton to put him on Hard at the end, he went through the Mediums in 14 laps while there were 18 remaining, he most likely would've lost his position to Rosberg if he did go to Mediums.

What's going on with Force India though, they were ridiculously slow, even McLaren were outpacing them! Speaking of McLaren though, that car has come on loads since Melbourne and it's shaping up to be a great car. Both Alonso and Button are liking the car a lot and can't wait for it to be in the pack. It's happening and it's happening faster than I thought it would! This is their Winter testing I guess - Winter testing in Malaysia doesn't sound right.

Great race from STR, Vestappen and Sainz are looking to be a great pair of rookies.

Shame about Williams though, the Ferrari development has pushed them a long way in front of them but it still shows that Williams aren't that far behind and still have the speed, but it looks like the Ferrari engine is the best on the grid at the moment, once Ferrari sort out their overall package then I think this season will be great at the top. But I still want Williams to start clawing back both Mercedes and Ferrari similarly to what they did last season.

The two penalties to Perez and Hulkenberg were a little harsh, they were just racing incidents, in both collisions both drivers had no where to go so there was bound to be an issue there.

All in all that was a great race to watch. Loved it from start to finish.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Yeah, Rosberg has it hard if he wants to prove himself. Ferrari have caught up it seems and they have two very good drivers.

I wouldn't say they have the best engine though. The mercs pulled almost a second on them in the middle sector, so it shows how the ferrari was probably better set-up this weekend for the long straights. If the Mercs had a more race-y set-up, probably could have been different. Mercs probably did what Red Bull used to do, an optimal set-up, no risk, boring.

But the Ferrari engine is definitely standing up to the Mercedes engine this year. This may push Renault over the edge though. They don't have a buddy to stand beside and $#@! with. It's themselves at the bottom of the pile, wallowing in their own bull$#@!.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    LMAO, Eddie Jordan just said "different strokes for different folks" and Susie Perry and DC couldn't hold back their smirk.

Oh Eddie, what'll we do without you, Just like the Murrayisms we also have Eddieisms.

As for the Mercedes being faster in the middle section, that's not down to the engine, that's down to the aero package or mechanical grip.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    As for the Mercedes being faster in the middle section, that's not down to the engine, that's down to the aero package or mechanical grip.
    The engine affects mechanical grip though. The engine retardation on entry, your drive out of teh corner, torque delivered to the tyres at lower gears, etc.

I'd wager the mercs have a pretty bad aero package (relatively of course). All the top teams have tried to implement the blown wheel hub, that's no where to be seen on the merc. That should theoretically add a lot of aero performance to the car,

It's easy to drive in a straight line fast, it's harder to get everything working when you start adding corners. Just ask the Americans, they have no concept of a corner...should be interesting with Haas next year
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 12 Hours Ago at 11:14.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Selected Members Council

PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Needed a lie in this morning so missed the race, great win for Seb but it sounds like it pretty much worked out his way thanks to a wrong Mercedes strategy but still taking nothing away from Vettel and Ferrari!

Less said about McLaren the better!!

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    You make it sound like McLaren had a bad race, it was actually quite the opposite, for their current car's performance they had a great race and were always in the top 13 at any one point in the race, hell Alonso was in 8th till his car developed an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso
    The car went better than expected until the retirement. To be able to run with the pack and even catch the Red Bulls before the pit stops was nice surprise. We had some technical issues which we are investigating but it has been a nice weekend. If we keep this rate up, we will enjoy success very soon.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    like i said on twitter, a merc $#@! up and extreme temps made ferrai look better than they were. this wont happen in china or the majority of races. no need to of pitted them in on lap 4. vettel may still of won but it wouldve been closer. also they $#@!ed up in Q1. idiots

Ferrari aint back. ridic high temps and good strategy got him that. having said that, looks like every other team bar merc and ferrai have gone backwards. Ferraris package/engine aint on par with merc fiji/varsh, dont make me laugh! wishful thinking, u dont go from being nowhere last season, then getting beat by 30 secs to then being on par or better than the mercs

as for nico, he just doesnt have it in him, even the commentators say he lacks a racers instinct, he seems to of resigned himself to the fact lewis is better than him,
    Last edited by 33x; 4 Hours Ago at 19:51.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Selected Members Council

PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    You make it sound like McLaren had a bad race, it was actually quite the opposite, for their current car's performance they had a great race and were always in the top 13 at any one point in the race, hell Alonso was in 8th till his car developed an issue.
    Goes to show you I didn't watch the race

Glad it went better than it sounds, typical Alonso putting a slow car in a decent position, looks like they are making progress quicker than first thought!

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Button wasn't far behind Alonso though, maybe about 3 seconds at most with a car between them so they were both doing great.

Oh and 33x, that has happened many a time before with RBR, Brawn, Williams, Tyrell, BHM, March, Lotus, Ferrari, and a few others!

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    What you mean varsh? I know the merc dominance won't last forever but let's call but I'm not gonna go overboard over Ferrari.

And a team of McClaren ilk shouldn't be celebrating the fact they are one better than a back marker!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Selected Members Council

PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Must be horrible when your sister team with less technical ability are performing better than you (Torro Ross vs Red Bull)

Thread Information