Page 298 of 298 FirstFirst ... 288298
Results 7,426 to 7,450 of 7450
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    $#@! McClaren, they are where they are and the will be nothing but a mid table team for the foreseeable

and Button is and always has been an average driver. Irks me that he has a WDC. There is nothing special about him Surprised they kept him instead of K-Mag

Im still shocked that Merc didnt devlope as much, Ferrari defo caught them with their pants down. In terms of pace and an all round package they cant be beat, and in Lewis they have the best driver on the grid. If they didnt have the break issue, i reckon Nico couldve held Kimi off for one for lap. but its good to see its not just Lewis vs Nico
    Last edited by 33x; 6 Days Ago at 17:26.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Yeah my alarm is always set for the early ones

Next time there's an early race post in here as we are all usually up!
    I'm usually still huddled up under the blankets watching the race but post afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    $#@! McClaren, they are where they are and the will be nothing but a mid table team for the foreseeable

and Button is and always has been an average driver. Irks me that he has a WDC. There is nothing special about him Surprised they kept him instead of K-Mag

Im still shocked that Merc didnt devlope as much, Ferrari defo caught them with their pants down. In terms of pace and an all round package they cant be beat, and in Lewis they have the best driver on the grid. If they didnt have the break issue, i reckon Nico couldve held Kimi off for one for lap. but its good to see its not just Lewis vs Nico
    I don't think Nico could hold him off to be honest, he was closing so quickly that he would've passed him down the back straight or on the pit straight. But I did say that Ferrari were going to be dangerous and you didn't believe me.

As for Button, nothing special?

2014 - 66 points ahead of Magnusson
    2013 - 116 points behind Hamilton
    2012 - 2 points behind Hamilton
    2011 - 43 points ahead of Hamilton (WDC runner up)
    2010 - 26 points behind Hamilton (top 10 get points and 25 points per win)
    2009 - 18 points ahead of Barrichello (WDC)
    2008 - 8 points behind Barichello
    2007 - 6 points ahead of Barichello
    2006 - 26 points ahead of Barichello
    2005 - 36 points ahead of Sato
    2004 - 51 points ahead of Sato
    2003 - 11 points ahead of Villeneuve (top 8 get points)
    2002 - 5 points ahead of Trulli
    2001 - 6 points behind Fisichella
    2000 - 12 points behind R. Schumacher (top 6 get points)

Mostly finishing ahead of his team mate by many points since starting his 3rd season and you are saying nothing special? 2013 he had a really bad luck year where people kept knocking his nose off, plus punctures and more setting him way back behind Hamilton, and 2012 was pretty much even stevens with Hamilton. So please tell me, where is this "always average" coming from? He has always been a top rated driver by me and the stats show it. You don't stay in F1 for a 16th season for being average.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Here comes varsh with the ultimate defence! Jb is nice guy but never has been anything special. I will always stand by that. Lacks that special summit that others have. So what if he can develop a car. His main job is to race it! Don't see him in a McClaren next year either.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    It's the ultimate defence because you don't understand how good he is, look at his entire record of races and you'll see that he always finishes most of the races in the points, in fact he's currently got the record for most races finished in the points, he is insanely consistent.

Also he has a 2 year contract with McLaren with an option of another year.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    LadyBlack007
    JB is a good, consistent driver but for me he lacks a certain panache. Out of the two McLaren drivers, I favour Alonso. More of a risk taker.
    Last edited by 1DarkPhoenix; 6 Days Ago at 19:06.
    Twitter: 69DarkPhoenix

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    I'm not denying Alonso, he's still personally my favourite driver on the grid (has been for many years now), I just don't understand why people hate on JB so much.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    I'm usually still huddled up under the blankets watching the race but post afterwards.

I don't think Nico could hold him off to be honest, he was closing so quickly that he would've passed him down the back straight or on the pit straight. But I did say that Ferrari were going to be dangerous and you didn't believe me.

As for Button, nothing special?

2014 - 66 points ahead of Magnusson
    2013 - 116 points behind Hamilton
    2012 - 2 points behind Hamilton
    2011 - 43 points ahead of Hamilton (WDC runner up)
    2010 - 26 points behind Hamilton (top 10 get points and 25 points per win)
    2009 - 18 points ahead of Barrichello (WDC)
    2008 - 8 points behind Barichello
    2007 - 6 points ahead of Barichello
    2006 - 26 points ahead of Barichello
    2005 - 36 points ahead of Sato
    2004 - 51 points ahead of Sato
    2003 - 11 points ahead of Villeneuve (top 8 get points)
    2002 - 5 points ahead of Trulli
    2001 - 6 points behind Fisichella
    2000 - 12 points behind R. Schumacher (top 6 get points)

Mostly finishing ahead of his team mate by many points since starting his 3rd season and you are saying nothing special? 2013 he had a really bad luck year where people kept knocking his nose off, plus punctures and more setting him way back behind Hamilton, and 2012 was pretty much even stevens with Hamilton. So please tell me, where is this "always average" coming from? He has always been a top rated driver by me and the stats show it. You don't stay in F1 for a 16th season for being average.
    look, it's clear that he doesn't know what he's talking about, that much is self evident..
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    LadyBlack007
    I'm not denying Alonso, he's still personally my favourite driver on the grid (has been for many years now), I just don't understand why people hate on JB so much.
    I don't hate JB, for me he is not the risk taking. JB has and will always be a good driver.

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    I have to agree with Varsh that Button has been a good driver for a number of years, never has been anything really special but then again not many people in F1 really are! He just joins a huge amount of drivers in the history of F1 that have always been good but never been the best, and lets be honest you can only really name a few! Hell I don't even think Hamilton is the best but there is no denying he can be, he's so talented but for me has not reached the status that Senna or Schumacher have yet, they are the true greats of the sport and names that still stick around even today!!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Do the Sato ones really count..... :L
    Mclaren Honda FernandoAlonso #BeliveInMclarenHonda

Green Bay Packers
    Dunfermline Athletic
    AJAX
    Manchester United

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Quote Originally Posted by JordieDAFC View Post
    about as much as hamilton's does against kovalainen.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by JordieDAFC View Post
    Hey man, don't diss Sato, he was an awesome driver

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    I guess that also means does Schumacher's also count against everyone?

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Still one of the best moments in F1 history was when he chased down Vettel in Canada and slipped past him to win when he went wide, no other driver managed to do that in the same race!

15. Likes 1DarkPhoenix likes this post
    Elite Sage

PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    Buttom? I was cheering lots during that moment! I watched that entire broadcast even the 2 hour delay!

To BBCs credit, they did a good job of keeping it interesting during that time. Jake Humphrey was a good pundit with DC and EJ. Though Suzie is coming into her own. I think SkyF1 have really got their act together now though.

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Buttom? I was cheering lots during that moment! I watched that entire broadcast even the 2 hour delay!

To BBCs credit, they did a good job of keeping it interesting during that time. Jake Humphrey was a good pundit with DC and EJ. Though Suzie is coming into her own. I think SkyF1 have really got their act together now though.
    I much prefer Sky F1 over BBC, always been a fan of Martian Brundell's commentary!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    LadyBlack007
    I prefer sky f1 too. Martin Brundle is good. I also like Ted Kravitz.

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by 1DarkPhoenix View Post
    I prefer sky f1 too. Martin Brundle is good. I also like Ted Kravitz.
    Ted Kravitz has been in it for YEARS, can even remember watching some classic F1 races on Sky and he was the pit lane reporter even way back in 1998

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Suzie Perry in her first season was unbelievably nervous, you could see that and it came across in everything, even Jake Humphries was a little like that too, but she is finally used to the glamour of F1 over MotoGP and she has improved this year massively compared to last year. But agreed, Jake Humphries was simply superb.

Sky F1 has the better pundits by far now, the BBC simply can't compete due to Sky having all the rights, but before that though, if it wasn't for the BBCs F1 format then Sky wouldn't be where they are now. Still though it would've been nice to have Lee McKenzie presenting F1 again.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    LadyBlack007
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Ted Kravitz has been in it for YEARS, can even remember watching some classic F1 races on Sky and he was the pit lane reporter even way back in 1998
    I remember that too.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    LadyBlack007
    Suzie Perry in her first season was unbelievably nervous, you could see that and it came across in everything, even Jake Humphries was a little like that too, but she is finally used to the glamour of F1 over MotoGP and she has improved this year massively compared to last year. But agreed, Jake Humphries was simply superb.

Sky F1 has the better pundits by far now, the BBC simply can't compete due to Sky having all the rights, but before that though, if it wasn't for the BBCs F1 format then Sky wouldn't be where they are now. Still though it would've been nice to have Lee McKenzie presenting F1 again.
    I used to watch it on BBC all the time before sky f1. I loved Jake, Eddy and Martin together. I have given Suzie Perry a chance as I loved her on Moto gp but for me she has not done that well with f1.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosport

In the months ahead of the launch of the McLaren MP4-30, there was a huge amount of speculation surrounding the technology of the new Honda Formula 1 engine.

It's been a troubled start so far, with pre-season testing a disaster and McLaren battling to make up ground in the early flyaway races.

A lot of these reliability problems are the result of Honda trying to steal a march on its engine rivals by incorporating new and unproven technology, as, with in-season development limited, it did not want to start 2015 with a basic power unit set-up that would be hard to improve.

McLaren went aggressive with the aerodynamic concept on this year's car, and that put pressure on Honda to achieve the packaging required for the Woking team's 'size zero' dimensions.

Over the Bahrain Grand Prix weekend, the ongoing problems on Jenson Button's car allowed us to get the first clear look at the Honda unit, showing just how radical the Japanese firm has gone to achieve minimal volume with its packaging.

Honda has split its turbo, but the way it has done so is different to Mercedes, as the turbo sits within the tight confines of the 'V' of the engine, along with the MGU-H.

To fit a turbo into this space, it appears that Honda has pioneered the use of an axial flow compressor.

Rather than a large centrifugal fan, there are a series of smaller fans along a shaft.

This design spins up quicker, although it may lack the maximum possible boost, which is not such an issue in this fuel-limited formula.

Aligned on the same shaft as the compressor is the MGU-H and the exhaust-driven turbine; the latter appears to sit behind the engine and is of a more conventional design. Honda hopes to improve driveability and reduce the size of the envelope of the engine with this layout.

Above the turbo is a compact, low-line aluminium inlet plenum chamber. Inside, the inlets are turned through 90 degrees to reduce the height of the chamber, while still allowing for variable-length inlet trumpets.

More conventionally, the oil tank and MGU-K are located at the front of the engine and under the left-hand cylinder bank respectively.

Finally, and again unconventionally, the ERS module ahead of the motor combines the battery and both control electronic boxes (one each for ERS-K and ERS-H) into one unit.

This creates a lower and lighter unit that requires less space under the fuel tank area, which again aids aerodynamic packaging.

Of course, all of this tight packaging means that there's precious little space for external cooling.

All of the ERS elements will require water or oil cooling, which has led to reliability problems and Honda needing to cap power to keep temperatures under control and prevent coolant leaks via the seals around the spinning shafts.

Although Honda continues to have reliability problems, the fundamental design of the power unit is valid and will eventually become both powerful and reliable.

That will mean McLaren's aerodynamic packaging gains can be fully realised.
    It seems that Honda have something interesting up their sleeves and that articles fully explains why McLaren are having over-heating issues, it seems that they are forcefully pushing Honda to make a highly competitive compact, cool, and powerful engine. Their new V system certainly seems interesting, and it's lighter than the Mercedes engine. Sure it's about 10mph slower on the straights currently which means that their 1 lap performance is really poor, but their race pace is currently exceptionally high. With Catalunya's very long straights and high speed corners, I expect McLaren to be knocking on the door of the points positions again and possibly getting a point or two. I would imagine Monaco being a life-saver due to it being a very slow circuit which would suit the McLaren's tight package and cornering speed.

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    It seems that Honda have something interesting up their sleeves and that articles fully explains why McLaren are having over-heating issues, it seems that they are forcefully pushing Honda to make a highly competitive compact, cool, and powerful engine. Their new V system certainly seems interesting, and it's lighter than the Mercedes engine. Sure it's about 10mph slower on the straights currently which means that their 1 lap performance is really poor, but their race pace is currently exceptionally high. With Catalunya's very long straights and high speed corners, I expect McLaren to be knocking on the door of the points positions again and possibly getting a point or two. I would imagine Monaco being a life-saver due to it being a very slow circuit which would suit the McLaren's tight package and cornering speed.
    Lets hope so, McLaren really need to start making progress to get right back in the mix, not nice seeing a McLaren at the rear end of the field!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    LadyBlack007
    I hope so too. I've not been a big fan of theirs since the Lewis days but I agree it is a shame to see them so far back.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    The Mclaren is very Red Bull-esque in that its very tight at the back, obviously its something Prodromou likes, but how many times have Red Bull struggled with either the engine (pre 14'), KERS or power unit overheating since they went for the tight rear end?

Its great if you can get sufficient cooling, but it seems to be very hard to achieve. Even more so since the PU requires more cooling than the V8 with Kers
    Mclaren Honda FernandoAlonso #BeliveInMclarenHonda

Green Bay Packers
    Dunfermline Athletic
    AJAX
    Manchester United

Thread Information