Page 3 of 266 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast
    Comatosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DonMare View Post
    That's what I meant.

Kimi and Massa (as a team) are better then Hamilton and Kovaliainen (as a team).

Also, I think that Hamilton is severly overrated.
    Hanmilton is a little over rated but he's still a very talented driver. He can be a little hot headed at times which is one of his biggest flaws.

I would like to see Kimi and Hamilton as team mates.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Comatosed View Post
    Hanmilton is a little over rated but he's still a very talented driver. He can be a little hot headed at times which is one of his biggest flaws.

I would like to see Kimi and Hamilton as team mates.
    I totally agree. He's a very good driver but he's too $#@!y IMO.
    If he's losing, he get's too aggressive and makes mistakes which sometimes results in others retiring from the race.
    Eg. When he ran into the back of the Ferrari at the pit exit (when it was a red light).

I reckon Kimi and Hamilton would make an amazing team. I just don't wanna see Hamilton in a Ferrari.

Motorstorm | F1: CE | GTA IV | Uncharted | SvR 08 | GH III | GT: P | Burnout Paradise | LBP | Midnight Club: LA | GHWT | Resistance 2 | Mirrors Edge | Skate 2 | Crash Commando | RDKF: FoP| HP and the HBP | Fat Princess | Shatter | Burn Zombie Burn | Flower | NFS: Shift | FIFA 10 | U2

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    That's what I meant.

Kimi and Massa (as a team) are better then Hamilton and Kovaliainen (as a team).

Explain that please bro??????? and ill counter

Kimi was awful last year, Massa is ok at best. Hekki is lucky to still be driving for mclaren imo and lewis is just head shoulders above most. he dares to take risks, which the other drivers dont. So what if hes a lil $#@!y, hes got a touch of the schmauers about him. Hes world champ, shouldve been world champ the year before is marketable, young, bangs nicoles scherzinger, so has every right to be a lil $#@!y!

And ferrari is the fastest car out there atm. But im hearing a lot about this new car that button and rubens drive, being faster then all of them for the aussie gp.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    hamilton may be a little bit overrated but he has proven himself in F1 almost back to back world Titles in his first 2 seasons and also the Youngest ever World champion. Massa is the only driver with a realistic chance of taking Hamiltons title and thats only because he.s in a ferrari.

Elite Sage
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2
    That's what I meant.

Hamilton isn't overrated, he's scored 207 points in his first two seasons, closest is Massa with 191 points and Kimi with 175 points.

Comatosed
    What a season opener that was

So much happened I don't even know where to begin lol.

Awesome for Brawn GP, they were a little lucky in getting the 1 2 but they thoroughly deserved it though. Was also nice to see a McLaren get what should end up being 3rd place, considering they were hoping for just the 1 point 3rd/4th is an excellent result.

And only a one week gap to Malaysia, I can't wait D

Elite Guru
    What a season opener that was

So much happened I don't even know where to begin lol.

Awesome for Brawn GP, they were a little lucky in getting the 1 2 but they thoroughly deserved it though. Was also nice to see a McLaren get what should end up being 3rd place, considering they were hoping for just the 1 point 3rd/4th is an excellent result.

And only a one week gap to Malaysia, I can't wait D
    Yeah, amazing race!
    It's a shame I didn't get to work there today.
    I worked in the Paddock Club (right above the pits) on Saturday and was lucky enough to watch the qualifying from there. Best view on the track IMO.
    I didn't get to work today so I had to watch the race on TV at home.

Button drove an amazing race and deserved to win. Trulli did an awesome job as well (to come from back of the grid to 3rd).
    Shame about the Ferrari's though. Massa was once again struck down by reliability issues and Raikkonen made a rookie mistake.

Can't wait for next week as well.

Motorstorm | F1: CE | GTA IV | Uncharted | SvR 08 | GH III | GT: P | Burnout Paradise | LBP | Midnight Club: LA | GHWT | Resistance 2 | Mirrors Edge | Skate 2 | Crash Commando | RDKF: FoP| HP and the HBP | Fat Princess | Shatter | Burn Zombie Burn | Flower | NFS: Shift | FIFA 10 | U2

Comatosed
    It was a good drive by Trulli but he might not be keeping that 3rd place.

And the I really really hope that the court hearing over the diffusers goes Brawns way, be a shame for them to have their points taken off of them after such a deserving win.

Edit: Trulli was handed a 25 second penalty for a safety car infringement, Hamilton goes up to third and trulli drops to twelth.

Vettel has also been handed a 10 place grid penalty for his collision with Kubica, 100% unfair, they were both as much to blame for that Vettel and RedBull have also been fined $50,000 for continuing to drive a damaged car.

Source.

Forum Sage

Sucks for trulli, fantastic for BRAWN however and also button

Comatosed
    Quote Originally Posted by smiggy View Post
    Sucks for trulli, fantastic for BRAWN however and also button
    It does suck yeah, but he shouldn't have broken the rules lol.

Forum Sage

I havent seen the race yet so i dont know how far off the track he was, but could he possibly argue that he was overtaken and was just regaining his rightful place?

Comatosed
    Quote Originally Posted by smiggy View Post
    I havent seen the race yet so i dont know how far off the track he was, but could he possibly argue that he was overtaken and was just regaining his rightful place?
    No, he was a good way off the track, he had no right regaining his place. Hamilton would've had to have to virtually stoppped the entire field behind him in order to let Trulli back on in front of him.

The stewards called them up pretty much the instant the race was over, they knew he'd done wrong.

Elite Sage
    What happened with Trulli and Hamilton?! I saw Hamilton infront of Trulli (Wasn't explained how that happened), the Vettel and Kubica tangle and suddenly Hamiltons third then the SC comes out and hes then fourth.. ?

How did Hammy get infront of Trulli in the first place, and why did he end up back in front?

EDIT: Go Hammy!
    Jarno Trulli has fallen out of the points for the Australian GP after being slapped with a 25sec penalty by the race stewards for overtaking Lewis Hamilton under a Safety Car while Seb Vettel has not one but two punishments.

The final lap of Sunday's grand prix, which took place behind a Safety Car after a huge crash involving Vettel and Robert Kubica, saw Trulli, who was lying in third place spin his Toyota TF109, allowing Lewis Hamilton through.

But rather than accept the situation the Italian retook the third place, which broke the F1 regulations that state no overtaking behind the Safety Car.

As a result the Toyota driver was slapped with a 25second penalty, which dropped him from third place to 12th with Mark Webber the only runner behind him in the classification.

Toyota are believed to be considering an appeal.

Meanwhile Vettel was hit with not one but two punishments after causing the penultimate lap accident that cost both him and Kubica a podium finish. But because he didn't finish the grand prix, he will take a ten-grid slot penalty through to the next race in Malaysia.

His woes, though, didn't stop there.

Because of his damaged car Vettel was obliged to park it but he didn't, instead trying to continue through to the last lap as other were not allowed to pass him. His actions resulted in the Aussie stewards handing him a cash fine of $50,000.
    http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,1895...117443,00.html

Vettel shouldn't have kept going...

Also, HUGE congratulations to Brawn GP, 3 weeks and they've built a team and car that can beat months of preperation from the other teams .

Comatosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelis View Post
    What happened with Trulli and Hamilton?! I saw Hamilton infront of Trulli (Wasn't explained how that happened), the Vittel and Kubica tangle and suddenly Hamiltons third then the SC comes out and hes then fourth.. ?

How did Hammy get infront of Trulli in the first place, and why did he end up back in front?

Also, HUGE congratulations to Brawn GP, 3 weeks and they've built a team and car that can beat months of preperation from the other teams .
    You know the last few laps were under the safety car?

Well Trulli had an off during that safety car period, which means that Hamilton was allowed to go pass because of how far off the track Trulli went. When Trulli came back on the track he illegally overtook Hamilton to get his place back.

So after the race the stewards decided that Trulli should've been given a 10 second stop and go for it, as the race was already over they added 25 seconds to his overall time dropping him to 12th and pushing Hamilton up to 3rd.

Also, Brawn didn't build the car in 3 weeks, Honda were developing the car for most of last season, Brawn just bought them out.

Elite Sage
    You know the last few laps were under the safety car?

Well Trulli had an off during that safety car period, which means that Hamilton was allowed to go pass because of how far off the track Trulli went. When Trulli came back on the track he illegally overtook Hamilton to get his place back.

So after the race the stewards decided that Trulli should've been given a 10 second stop and go for it, as the race was already over they added 25 seconds to his overall time dropping him to 12th and pushing Hamilton up to 3rd.
    Aahh... The new commentator is pretty poor on BBC and it felt like he hadn't a clue what he was talking about, in places it felt like Brundle was talking him through what the fast things on four wheels were.

Plus I don't think that bit was shown at all (Trulli going off).

Also, Brawn didn't build the car in 3 weeks, Honda were developing the car for most of last season, Brawn just bought them out.
    When I say build, I mean the lack of testing etc, either way its still an amazing result for such a young team.

Comatosed
    Aahh... The new commentator is pretty poor on BBC and it felt like he hadn't a clue what he was talking about, in places it felt like Brundle was talking him through what the fast things on four wheels were.

Plus I don't think that bit was shown at all (Trulli going off).

When I say build, I mean the lack of testing etc, either way its still an amazing result for such a young team.
    The new commentator is a little annoying but I do like the fact that the 'pundits' (DC and EJ) are people that actually know what they're going on about lol.

It wasn't shown during the race, but I'm sure they shown it afterwards if you pressed the red button.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking anything away from Brawn, they deserved everything they got this weekend. Truly a great sporting story.

Elite Sage
    The new commentator is a little annoying but I do like the fact that the 'pundits' (DC and EJ) are people that actually know what they're going on about lol.

It wasn't shown during the race, but I'm sure they shown it afterwards if you pressed the red button.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking anything away from Brawn, they deserved everything they got this weekend. Truly a great sporting story.
    Yeah, ex-drivers that know their stuff is nice.

I didn't press the red button

And they're a British team!

Comatosed
    Yeah, ex-drivers that know their stuff is nice.

I didn't press the red button

And they're a British team!
    The red button thing was pretty cool, they done loads of indepth analysis, it was then that I found about the Trulli/Hamilton situation.

I also think the penalty given to Vettel is a little unfair, that really was a 50/50 incident. The fine is fair enough though, he shouldn't have tried to continue.

Another British team doing well is always a good thing

Elite Sage
    The red button thing was pretty cool, they done loads of indepth analysis, it was then that I found about the Trulli/Hamilton situation.

I also think the penalty given to Vettel is a little unfair, that really was a 50/50 incident. The fine is fair enough though, he shouldn't have tried to continue.

Another British team doing well is always a good thing
    I also feel the Vettel penalty was harsh, it was just one of those things.

Forum Guru
    The replay are on now if anyone is interested.

PSU Ghost Syndicate Corporation | Merc: Dorada Aquila | DUST PSN: smurf1191
    My first PSU article!

Provehito in Altum
    im gonna watch the race today and maybe this season because it's on BBC1! That means NO ADVERTS!!!

I think Button has a great chance to win, Hamilton has gone off the rails! Maybe that *****cat Doll has been riding him too hard! :L
    Rangers - Arsenal - Real Madrid - Loyal

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by venomsteve View Post
    im gonna watch the race today and maybe this season because it's on BBC1! That means NO ADVERTS!!!

I think Button has a great chance to win, Hamilton has gone off the rails! Maybe that *****cat Doll has been riding him too hard! :L
    Someone hasn't read the thread , enjoy the race though. No adverts was weird though, I kept expecting adverts to appear after the commentor reads the cars racing order.

Comatosed
    Someone hasn't read the thread , enjoy the race though. No adverts was weird though, I kept expecting adverts to appear after the commentor reads the cars racing order.
    I kept waiting for the adverts so I could go pee, I finally went after about 20 laps went by and I remembered the whole BBC no adverts thing

Super Elite
    Just want to say that the opening credits to the BBCs coverage are pretty darn awesome. Loved that narrated intro, and the classic F1 theme back in power, much better then ITV.

JENSON !!!!!!!!! Finally, on top. Great result from all the Brawn Team, hopefully with more to come. Well done to Hamilton too, from the back to 3rd, great result.

I laugh at the Ferrari demise, ha ha ha.

Malaysia should be good fun next week.

Power Member
    See Trulli has been stripped of his 3rd place and Hamilton moves up one?

Maclearen will be happy with that seeing as they were saying half through the race they were aiming for 8th.

Thread Information