Page 312 of 312 FirstFirst ... 302312
Results 7,776 to 7,797 of 7797
    Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    I made my GF cower when she saw me go nuts at the 1st lap, then at the SC restart!!

They defo got a problem with their starting mode or whatever they call it
    It will either be better or worse for them at Spa because the new start rules come into force and they will have to do it all themselves!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: Duffman041986

PSU Direct Email: adam.duffield@psu.com

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    there are so many new rules, what rule is this? i thought the rule changes were for 2017?

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    there are so many new rules, what rule is this? i thought the rule changes were for 2017?
    All explained here mate:

The FIA has issued a new technical directive to Formula 1 teams clarifying how it will ensure drivers are "solely responsible" for grand prix starts, AUTOSPORT has learned.

After last week's Strategy Group meeting, the FIA said it would implement stricter limitations on driver aids and coaching with "a particular emphasis on race starts", coming into effect from the Belgian Grand Prix.

Team were given the directive, a copy of which has been seen by AUTOSPORT, on Thursday.

It reveals how communication and settings changes will be limited between cars heading for the grid and the start of the race to ensure drivers are not excessively assisted with finding the correct clutch set-up.

From Spa, the clutch bite point may not be changed from the moment the car leaves the garage for the first time after the pitlane has open until after the race has started.

A manual bite point offset switch can be used after the race has started.

The FIA informed teams the bite point finder activation by the driver should be inhibited by disabling any driver button or switch association with that function.

The governing body has also outlined its clampdown on radio communications with the driver during reconnaissance or formation laps.

Communication will be limited to that on safety grounds such as a "critical" problem with the car, including a puncture warning or damage, or a warning of a problem with a competitor's car.

A driver may also be told to pit in order to retire the car or fix damage sustained.

Teams can inform drivers of marshal warnings, such as yellow or red flags, or information from race control such as if a race start has been aborted.

Passing on information regarding a wet track, oil or debris in certain corners or instructions to swap position with other drivers is also permitted.

Should teams disobey any of the above, it would be considered a breach of article 20.1 of the sporting regulations and would result in a penalty.

At present, teams are able to instruct drivers throughout the start build-up process, including offering feedback on potential changes between practice starts on the formation lap and the actual grand prix start.

Reigning F1 world champion Lewis Hamilton recently dismissed suggestions that drivers get too much help in the car, saying it would not affect the way he drives if communication was reduced.

Super Elite
    Crazy race lol lewis was in all sorts of problems I guess he wasnt that Hungary!!! oh well that gives more points to Vettel which I do not want because I cant stand him!!! good for Redbulls maybe horner can enjoy himself for once now!

great finish for Alonso & McLaren even though still a long way to go imo, seems like Alonso doesn't want be there next year he's lost interest in the sport now because of its not fun anymore an he dislikes the fact there's less performances in the cars speed ect too many rules & the 21 race calendar. Button might seem to hop to Williams if Bottas goes to Ferrari but Alonso will want seek racing in another sport since his enjoyment in F1 is gone!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Reading through a few BBC articles this morning. Came across the F1 Gossip column; apparently, Rihanna and Lewis had a date last week. She probably rocked his world that night. Boy probably had eyes on a different prize Sunday evening

would explain his shoddy driving
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Lewis seems to have a taste for female singers, lucky boy if he gets to bone Rhianna though I mean what bloke wouldn't!

Perhaps maybe he should be concentrating more on his driving at this stage of the season, how he drove last Sunday reminded me of his first year in 2007!

Elite Sage

PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    No British WDC has ever successfully defended their Crown...
    PC: i7-3930K | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3
    EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+ | Corsair AX1200i | RoG Swift | Corsair Obsidian 800D

Watercooling: EK-Bay Spin Reservoir | EKWB Supremacy | EKWB Titan X Acetal+Nickel
    360mm + 120mm Radiators | Liang D5 pump | Primochill tubing | Barrow Fittings

500GB Black PS4

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    No British WDC has ever successfully defended their Crown...
    Anymore drives like that and Hamilton won't be doing so either, second half of the season he needs to get his head down and just concentrate on the racing more than anything else, hell, even Vettel isn't that far behind on points from the 2 Mercedes drivers!

Elite Sage

PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    Just takes one DNF

Watercooling: EK-Bay Spin Reservoir | EKWB Supremacy | EKWB Titan X Acetal+Nickel

500GB Black PS4

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Just takes one DNF
    Exactly, or the Merc boys to take each other out once or twice and Seb will be right in the mix!

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    As two Englishmen... Why are you so happy about this remote prospect? $#@! seb

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    As two Englishmen... Why are you so happy about this remote prospect? $#@! seb
    It sounds like I am but trust me, I would love Hamilton to make it 2 in a row but if he has another race like he did Sunday it isn't going to happen!

Elite Sage

PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    I'm not happy. I want Hamilton to win. But I'm also a realist and know that a DNF from Hamilton and this championship is grouped right back up. I still think he'll win it but another drive like that and he'll be close to losing it.

Remember. He is only still leading the WDC because of the Nico and Danny collision. He almost threw that away.

TapaTalking from my Mind.

500GB Black PS4

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    I'm not happy. I want Hamilton to win. But I'm also a realist and know that a DNF from Hamilton and this championship is grouped right back up. I still think he'll win it but another drive like that and he'll be close to losing it.

Remember. He is only still leading the WDC because of the Nico and Danny collision. He almost threw that away.

TapaTalking from my Mind.
    Exactly my point, another race like that and it will be Rosberg with the confidence not Hamilton and none of us want that!

Elite Sage

PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    Yep. I mean he is only human and mistakes are going to happen eventually but Sunday was exceptionally bad.

Saying that, Rosberg also had a shocker as his pace was off all weekend. Regardless of who you support the most, Vettel well and truly earned that race win. Didn't put a foot wrong all Sunday, kept his head down and brought it back.

edit:

Looking ahead to the next race. The new starts are in place. God knows how this will effect the Mercedes cars as the last two races both cars have been appalling off the line both dropping 2 places from the start.

Unless they find out what is causing that, I can see a few more races this year where Sebastian has the chance to score serious points. It's not going to be plain sailing this year for them, Ferrari are contenders.

It'll probably be business as usual at the power circuits coming up, such as Spa and Monza but the twisty turny circuits might be an issue. Especially Singapore. Getting your car on pole will mean sweet FA (not Fernando Alonso!) if you get out dragged every race
    Last edited by BBK..; 5 Hours Ago at 09:50.

500GB Black PS4

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Definitely something Mercedes need to focus on during the summer break, the last thing they will want is to loose the drivers championship because of dodgy starts!

Hate the summer break, 4 weeks with no F1

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    im really worried now..............these starts and now having to start manually............$#@!!

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    im really worried now..............these starts and now having to start manually............$#@!!
    As long as Mercedes works on them during the summer break there shouldn't be too much to worry about.....

Elite Sage

PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    Aren't teams bared from doing any work during summer?

500GB Black PS4

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Aren't teams bared from doing any work during summer?
    the teams are barred from having anything to do with the functioning of the factory and it's equipment for 2 weeks during the august break. everything connected to the factory has to be shut down and locked up for 2 weeks. it doesn't stop designers from working on ideas from home, they are just not allowed to put them into practice in any official way. I do believe they have to show evidence of their work if it's required though.

the teams have the choice of whether to take their 2 weeks off in the first half, or second half of the month, but the weeks can't be split up and have to be run 1-2, or 3-4.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Elite Sage

PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    Ah OK that makes more sense. Thanks for clearing it up.

What did you think of the race this weekend?

500GB Black PS4

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    I'm sure their must be a way to work it out without having to use the factory, I have no idea how though!

Thread Information