Page 315 of 315 FirstFirst ... 305315
Results 7,851 to 7,872 of 7872
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    LadyBlack007
    Can't wait for Spa. Here's hoping Lewis can win again.

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Well FP3 has only just started so who knows, just keeping my eye on the live feed while working!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: Duffman041986

PSU Direct Email: adam.duffield@psu.com

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Elite Sage

PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    Predictions? Hamilton was almost 0.5 up on rosbergs FP3 time. Could go either way

TapaTalking from my Mind.
    PC: i7-3930K | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3
    EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+ | Corsair AX1200i | RoG Swift | Corsair Obsidian 800D

Watercooling: EK-Bay Spin Reservoir | EKWB Supremacy | EKWB Titan X Acetal+Nickel
    360mm + 120mm Radiators | Liang D5 pump | Primochill tubing | Barrow Fittings

500GB Black PS4

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post

(although some of you broke the curfew. tut tut. )
    BBK has opened shop! Discussions can commence!

So, Mclaren.... 105 grid place penalty between the two. Any more and the pair would be so far back on the track they'd be starting on pole...so fudging ridiculous.

Lewis crushed it during qually. Hopefully nobody crashes him tomorrow. Williams behind them to start though. Could make the start interesting.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

5. Likes BBK.. likes this post
    Elite Sage

PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    I want to know what is going on inside of Nico's head.

Last year he had a few lucky incidents regarding qualifying but he also got more than a few on merit. I wonder if he started to believe his hype that he could be as quick as Lewis over one lap.

Then gets a horrible wake up call getting thrashed 10-1 and it's only the second half of the season. Fair play to him for putting on a brave face though.

Watercooling: EK-Bay Spin Reservoir | EKWB Supremacy | EKWB Titan X Acetal+Nickel

500GB Black PS4

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Lewis smashed it in qualifying, Rosberg just couldn't match him in the second sector and I can see it being much like that tomorrow! Hamilton just needs to get a decent start and I can see him bossing it tomorrow!

Felt sorry for Riakonnen, just when it seems he can put in a decent performance the car lets him down, think he could have even qualified in front of Vettel. Spa is definitely a track for the Mercedes engine though, Bottas put in a good lap to qualify third but I have a feeling Mercedes are going to run away with it tomorrow!

Elite Sage

PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    I think Perez was the star of qualifying. Other than Hamilton he was incredible in that FI

TapaTalking from my Mind.

500GB Black PS4

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    my boy doing the biz as usual
    nico defo gained time on the VSC, sly mug

that pass from max round the outside, i had to clap
    so happy for RG and SP and DV. great drives by all. SP was taking the piss after eau rouge!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Good racing, not majorly entertaining but still some really good overtaking!

Ferrari tried their luck on a one stop and it backfired on them spectacularly, but the moment of the race had to be Bottas and his 3 softs and one medium tires, how Williams got it so wrong is going to take some explaining!

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    that DNF has defo put Seb out of the running now thank goodness

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    I was surprised when the tire blew at first but when you think how long he had the tires on it was bound to happen!

Great for Grosjean to end up on the podium, really rate him as a driver personally!

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    RG has defo come since he was the crash kid

did you hear that Red Bull are gonna end up with a Mercedes engine in the near future? Why would Merc give them one know that they could easily become their equal or better again!

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Bare in mind they won't have Newey designing the cars, he was pretty much the reason behind Red Bulls 4 year success!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Good racing, not majorly entertaining but still some really good overtaking!

Ferrari tried their luck on a one stop and it backfired on them spectacularly, but the moment of the race had to be Bottas and his 3 softs and one medium tires, how Williams got it so wrong is going to take some explaining!
    I found the Williams stop hilarious

Imagine the thought in the the front wheel man's mind as he see's a white branded wheel fly by him; 'Did i $#@! up, or was it the other guy'. You don't see that kind of mess up at this level too often

Vettel was fuming though. He laid into Perelli pretty hard:
    "Things like that are not allowed to happen, full stop. If it happens 200 metres earlier [then] I'm not standing here now, I'm with 300 [kph] stuck at Eau Rouge, so I don't know what else needs to happen.

"Upsetting... one thing is the result, for sure we deserved to finish on the podium, but if this happens earlier... it's unacceptable.

"[It's] the same as every time: 'well there was a cut, debris, bodywork, maybe the driver went wide', bulls**t.

"If Nico tells us that he didn't go off the track then he didn't go off the track, why should he lie to us?

"[It's the] same with me: I didn't go out of the track, just out of the blue it explodes and as I said, 'if this happens earlier, then I am f**ked'.

"I think we need to talk to each other. It's probably not as bad as it was at Silverstone [in 2013] but it is not acceptable."

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3...plier-pirelli/
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    did you hear that Red Bull are gonna end up with a Mercedes engine in the near future? Why would Merc give them one know that they could easily become their equal or better again!
    I wouldn't be opposed to it tbh. I wouldn't mind seeing Ricciardo pushing the limits. The guy is a racer but his Renault engine is doing all it can to hamper him. He pulls off some amazing moves, and he's been in a not-so-good car for two years now.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    at Vettel, blaming Pirelli rather than the stupid decision by Ferrari to put him onto a one stop that, let's be honest was never really going to work! Maybe if it was all 4 tires I would understand his fury but no, it was just the one and he was struggling like $#@! on the last few laps anyway, Grosjean would have ended up taking him so he would have lost out on the podium full stop!

He needs to think stop being a little $#@!, accept it was the wrong call by FERRARI and move the $#@! on!!

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    To be fair to Vettel he does have a half-point. While going that long on a tyre would make it eventually blow (definitely asking for trouble), this wasn't a normal blow out. If you looked at the way the tyre deflated it wasn't a puncture, it wasn't a blowout due to low rubber, the entire sidewalls collapsed and shredded, you could even see that there was plenty of rubber left when it flew off.

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    To be fair to Vettel he does have a half-point. While going that long on a tyre would make it eventually blow (definitely asking for trouble), this wasn't a normal blow out. If you looked at the way the tyre deflated it wasn't a puncture, it wasn't a blowout due to low rubber, the entire sidewalls collapsed and shredded, you could even see that there was plenty of rubber left when it flew off.
    I can see what your saying but it was still the wrong call by Ferrari in my view!

Still think the best part of the race though was Bottas and his odd tire

Elite Sage

PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    Awesome stuff

Blanchimont is not a corner to be taken lightly; a small kink as it appears on the map of the circuit Spa-Francorchamps, it all gets a little more serious when attacked at fast approaching 200mph. Which made Max Verstappen's overtake around the outside of Felipe Nasr at the high-speed corner at last weekend's Belgian Grand Prix all the more impressive. Get it wrong, as happened in Saturday's GP2 race, and the consequences can be quite painful.

It turns out, though, that Verstappen was perhaps aided by a little practice beforehand. Earlier this summer it was announced that young Max had signed up with sim outfit Team Redline, racing across the likes of iRacing, Assetto Corsa and rFactor 2 to keep his skills sharp in the off-season. Looks like it paid off. Team Redline just released a video of Verstappen practising some overtakes in iRacing with teammate Atze Kerkhof, and if you watched the race on Sunday you might notice that some of the moves Max pulls off aremighty familiar.

Source

500GB Black PS4

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    To be fair it was a hell of a move, just goes to show you how good he could be in the future!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    All this talk of F1 $#@!pits in the media does my head in tbh. What's the point of an open wheel racer....if it's not an open wheel racer?

Unfortunate deaths in open wheel racers is obviously unfortunate, but all this pandering is pathetic.

Next thing on the agenda will be the removal of the fuel tanks from F1 cars when a driver inevitably cooks to death on account of his enclosure malfunctioning in a accident leaving him helpless.... Where the hell does the 'elf and safety' end? o_O

Literally expect F1 to be competed in Virtual cars in the next 15 years. Doing 200mph+ is dangerous no matter what you're cocooned in.

Sig courtesy of the_jim

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    People get killed on the motorway when a wheel comes at them and through their windscreen at ~100mph, do they honestly think that having something in front of them will prevent these things from happening?

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Thing is it's something that happens once in a blue moon, not like every race weekend one of the F1 drivers die because of accidents from head injuries. I had a brother in law who died because he fell over and bumped his head on a kerb, just goes to show fragile the human brain and head is but it doesn't always involve speed or force!

Anyway on a brighter note, who's looking forward to Italy this weekend?

Thread Information