Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Has the excitment faded for anyone?

About 4 months ago,i was proper pumped and hyped for the ps3,now im totally deflated,the price,the graphics everything seems to have been downgraded to what they made out it would be.

Im defintely not buying one at launch...too expensive...anyone else feel this way?

Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    no I'm still hyped about the PS3

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Elite Guru

Quote Originally Posted by TGO
    no I'm still hyped about the PS3
    what got me even more hyped is the video with the interface

Superior Member

I definitely don't feel as excited as I did before E3. Maybe it is because of the anticipation, but I don't know. I think another thing that has had this impact is the fact that EVERYONE (ign, g4tv, etc.) is saying how the ps3 didn't have a very good showing at E3 and yada yada yada.

I can't help but to feel somewhat sucked it by all this talk by the media. What can I say, they have alot of power of influence! I think it is really important for Sony to get us all pumped somehow. If they can pull this off, then everyone will be able to feel that excitement surging through their veins again.

Futhermore, everyone will be forced to sense a feeling of excitement as we get closer to launch. That is just how it works. I can guarentee that by this coming September at the TGS everyone will be totally stoked for it coming out.

bikko100
    excited but will likely wait till after launch to pick it up. Will wait for Grand Turismo, Grand Theft Auto etc.,

Re: Has the excitment faded for anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomogo
    About 4 months ago,i was proper pumped and hyped for the ps3,now im totally deflated,the price,the graphics everything seems to have been downgraded to what they made out it would be.

Im defintely not buying one at launch...too expensive...anyone else feel this way?
    First I was very disappointed with their conference (GT HD wtf!?), secondly I was shocked by the price. I was wondering WTH Sony was doing here. Finally I have seen some promising things about PS3 (games, interface) and after analyzing the two packs, I'm considering buying the $500 pack.

However, I cant say I'm really excited as I should be. PS3 or XBOX360 or even Wii do nothing for me and I'm far from the excitation I had before PS2 launch.

Superior Member
    it didnt fade for me itll always be there, what faded was the Hype it got too overhyped.

But to me im just ready to buy one so i can get that out of the way, and then ill get the games as they come im not just buying any game ill buy the games that intrest me and the games i know i wont get motion sickness from.

kuchite-shimatta yuri no hana
    naze konna ni setsuna no unmei

Superior Member

You kiddin? I preorder mine on Tuesday. the excitement has only just begun

Seeing a guy play Heavenly sword, breaking arms and legs and cutting peoples gonads to shreds = 5 months of hype for me.
    When we asked Nakamura-san, one of the Sonic teams top-bods which was more powerful, he answered "Ps3" without hesitation - OPM UK

Elite Sage
    Yes, it has faded a little bit. But that's just good news to me, because I won't get so damn disappointed in TGS then because Sony couldn't bring Moon from the sky. The reason why I don't buy console on launch is...bad experience. I think my 360 broke my Oblivion.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Elite Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mael Duin
    Yes, it has faded a little bit. But that's just good news to me, because I won't get so damn disappointed in TGS then because Sony couldn't bring Moon from the sky. The reason why I don't buy console on launch is...bad experience. I think my 360 broke my Oblivion.
    exactly why i will buy my computer before my playstation3, i keep worrying about faulty machines so i take the easiest way by not buying one at launch

I think that now there is a lot more info about it then the hype is going to die down naturally, after all the rumours have even been shown to be true or false now (at least in most cases). I also think the price is a bit of a downer, especially here in the UK, where £425 is a huge amount of money for a games console (or Media hub, or whatever people are calling it these days).

However, I have already preordered it, and did so at the first opportunity I had. Now I know how much I have to save, and how long I have to save it in. That has to be good.
    PSN id - ThePlay3r
    R:FOM, Motorstorm, Ridge Racer 7, Virtua Tennis 3
    Add me...

Apprentice
    the excitment has not tottaly faded but most of it has

like mael duin said its probaby
    come tgs i wont be disapointed in sony as much and if they do have a good show it'll just make me that more xcited

right now im more excited about getting my 360 in a couple of weeks
    Those who are willing to give up Liberty for Security derserve neither Liberty nor Security

Apprentice
    Well I feel the same excitement now as before E3. Excitement to see finished games and how the PS3 will do at launch. But I have to admit that the priceannouncement took me a little bit by shock, but when I calmed down and looked at it from a wider perspective I felt the same old excitement as before :P

Master Poster
    It faded after CES, came back when GDC began and increased when I reserved my ps3 + E3 began. Now I still feel the same, the fact that I can get one at launch (only 6 months from now) has got me pretty hyped for it.

Azukimo
    My overall excitement has dipped a bit not seeing anything new of Killzone (which for me pretty much suggests that gameply won't come close to that E3 05 trailer) and things like Tekken, but then also lifted seeing the actual gameplay of Heavenly Swords and Resistance.

Wasn't happy about the controller losing its rumble, and would have been more excited if they kept the boomerang design. The price is a surprise but not a shock, but mostly, I was just hoping for more gameplay footage.

Strangely though, now I've become really excited for Wii whereas before E3 I wasn't really even considering it.

Apprentice
    Not quite as hyped now as we know a lot of what to expect now. And there are a few disappointments to be had.

My real disappointed is that we don't have both Rumble & Motion in the controller. Also the controller has not been ergonomically changed for the better -position of analogue sticks.

Other concerns include XBOX360 getting some of the games that i really enjoy -GOW & BIOSHOCK. If they also get exclusive on Crysis i will be really upset & pretty much confused about buying PS3 or just upgrade my PC & wack the XBOX360's glued together ass. There is no way im buying that crap. Please don't bother mentioning killZone2 as i have zero faith in that games gameplay - especially seeing what Killzone 1 was like.

Other than hearing Crysis will be coming to PS3 soon, knowing that we will get a GUI based Linux that can run apps would really do wonders for my hype level.

*edit Knowing it will support DVR functionality would swing things big time.

Archy
    . K_E_E_P___I_ T___R_E_A_L .
    "Without speculation there is no good and original observation" Charles Darwin

Dedicated Member
    It was inevitable some of the excitement would fade - it had reached epidemic levels prior to E3 as there were so many unanswered questions. Its probably a good things its faded as placing so much expectation on something usually leads to disappointment...that said i think it will pick up all over again in the build up to TGS and then once the launch nears ie 1 month to go
    "Ever since I started working each day has been worse than the one before, so no matter what day you see me its the worst day of my life".

Master Sage

Yep!!! My excitement has faded but not to the extent that i would want to commit a suicide!!!!!

Forum Sage
    Compare PS3 fans back at E3 2005 and those fans right now. The excitement has certainly faded, it can be felt in the air. (Well, you know what I mean)
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Dedicated Member
    The price was a bit of a downer but after the initial shock wore off I found myself more excited than before. The games have me more excited than anything else.

When it comes to graphics, I'm not impressed with any console games so far. I guess I have a ridiculously high standard but until games stop looking like games and more like cutscenes then I won't be impressed.

Superior Member
    Im still excited about the ps3 i knew the price would be high and atleast they gave us enough time to save up which is a good thing because if you got a job its easy to save 600 in 2 months or so. People just want everything to be cheap and free but its NEVER going to happen get over the price if your not going to buy it dont if you are have fun ive heard enough on this subject the past 2 weeks its pathetic.

Supreme Veteran
    Before E3 I honestly beleived Sony would destroy Nintendo and M$ leaving no prisoners! E3 came and I was saddened by what Sony showed us even though I was like "woah" when I seen GT HD 1920x1080p 60fps.

As for graphics Tomogo the system much like the XB360 is new, don't expect super kickass like the CGI we see for a while, especially on the PS3 because we know it can offer that excellentness!

I'm deflated because of E3 but not the price although I will not buy on launch it has to do with new hardware concerns considering this is the first console to have all this jam packed inside and on top of that will not be running some heavycore cooling as it will be whisper quiet.

Looking forward to; Killzone 2, Motor Storm, Tekken 6, Resident Evil 5, 8 Days, Brothers In Arms, Virtua Tennis 3, Strangle Hold, Virtua Fighter 5, Naughty Dog & Rainbow 6 Vegas!!!!
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Superior Member
    For me I believe the excitment probably wont pick up til aroud August, September, and October.
    PSU.com Staff: Tyrell S. Jackson

Superior Member

[U4g] Motorstorm Arctic Edge

This is a really old game, but again, if you have a PSP and want this for a feature or just to play, go ahead and have it.

You've experienced out-of-control off-road madness with MotorStorm, and
    glided through lush and tropical terrain in MotorStorm Pacific Rift. It's
    now time to take part in the latest off-beat site and re-join the MotorStorm
    festival -- but this time in the unpredictable Alaskan terrain, where you
    will race through multi-route tracks, harsh terrain, and sub-zero conditions
    to try and become festival champ.

Developed by Bigbig Studios, the team behind the best-selling Pursuit ForceT
    series, MotorStorm Arctic Edge brings the MotorStorm attitude to the palm of
    your hands with exclusive releases on the PSP and PSPgo.

Staying true to the signature MotorStorm style, players will throw
    traditional off-road driving and caution to the wind where the ultimate goal
    in the festival is to not only win, but survive. Players will take on a
    variety of brutal artificial intelligence (AI) racers and negotiate the
    dangerous arctic conditions, including sudden avalanches, broken ice
    bridges, and three different racing altitudes.

In addition to the six vehicle classes from the original MotorStorm, new
    snow-specific vehicle classes as well as all-new track designs are
    introduced to MotorStorm Arctic Edge. In addition to single-player, racers
    can also engage in online multiplayer or ad-hoc mode on PSP to truly see who
    has the greatest skills in the snow and ice.

Below is your voucher code for your preview and review purposes. Previews
    can be posted immediately. Reviews are embargoed until September 22 at 8
    a.m. PST. For more information on MotorStorm Arctic Edge, check out the
    images posted on the PlayStation blog:
    <http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/...dge-lunatics-u
    nite-on-psp-september-29/>
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/08/ ... unatics-un
    ite-on-psp-september-29/

Below please find a media-only voucher code for you to download Motorstorm
    Arctic Edge through PLAYSTATION Network. Please note that the code is case
    sensitive and must be entered exactly as displayed.

************************************************** **************************

VOUCHER CODE: 3DH6-MHBE-MDB4

vannawhites
    Still want a ps3..

Thread Information