Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 212 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    So no use to trade in my butterfly?
    What is it's fire power and how much have you spent on it (roughly).

The Marvelous One
    I can't tell you how much I spent on it, because I have no idea. I'll just list its stuff.

Firepower:15
    Reload speed:3
    Firing speed: .70
    Capacity:8

Should I sell it or just upgrade this and my riot gun?

Forum Sage
    I'd keep the Broken Butterfly as it's really handy against bosses. It also has an exclusive upgrade, unlike the Killer 7, which makes it a more powerful gun in the long run.

I'd also try and save my money for the Striker rather than waste it on buying upgrades for the Riot Gun. The Striker's exclusive upgrade enables you to stash all of the shotgun ammo that you find into the gun itself, therefore saving you lots of inventory space.

Lastfm id: RadioheadSnob

Veteran
    The Striker's exclusive upgrade enables you to stash all of the shotgun ammo that you find into the gun itself, therefore saving you lots of inventory space.
    Actually the gun has 100 shots before you have to reload.

I can't tell you how much I spent on it, because I have no idea. I'll just list its stuff.

Firepower:15
    Reload speed:3
    Firing speed: .70
    Capacity:8

Should I sell it or just upgrade this and my riot gun?
    You're gun is quite weak, if you're willing to put the money into it it will have a fire power of 50.0 but if you buy the killer 7 it gives you a 10.0 fire power increase straight away from you're current gun. If you haven't fought the regenerators you will need one of the two.

Dedicated Member
    I have just beat "it" which wasnt as bad as I thought it would be however I find myself almost completely out of ammo, im imagining a boss battle with either Sadler or the other "army" guy is looming. I dont think I will beat either with 30 shots with a 0.4 TMP
    "Ever since I started working each day has been worse than the one before, so no matter what day you see me its the worst day of my life".

The Marvelous One
    Quote Originally Posted by Svetlana
    I'd keep the Broken Butterfly as it's really handy against bosses. It also has an exclusive upgrade, unlike the Killer 7, which makes it a more powerful gun in the long run.

I'd also try and save my money for the Striker rather than waste it on buying upgrades for the Riot Gun. The Striker's exclusive upgrade enables you to stash all of the shotgun ammo that you find into the gun itself, therefore saving you lots of inventory space.
    Really? Like a bafoon I sold my Striker for a Launcher because I couldn't beat Salazar.

You're gun is quite weak, if you're willing to put the money into it it will have a fire power of 50.0 but if you buy the killer 7 it gives you a 10.0 fire power increase straight away from you're current gun. If you haven't fought the regenerators you will need one of the two/
    I haven't really upgraded the butterfly too much. I've been trying to get my pistol up.

When are the regenerators? I'm at the merchant on the island.

I just started playing RE4 after a long break, it feels so good . The Regenerators first time appear in a laboratory place if I remember correctly, first one of them comes in some experiment room,and they're scary as hell...yikes !

The Marvelous One
    I'm at that exact part. I got killed real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by KingJordan
    I'm at that exact part. I got killed real fast.
    , well I'm sure everyone has trouble killing them at first, I remember my first time in that room and it barbequed me ... There's a certain item you can find after that part, which helps to kill Regenerators (put it on spoiler if some don't wanna read it!) -->

[spoiler:d361814b53]After you've gotten out of the 1st Regenerator experiment room, I think there's a freezer room not far from the experiment room, inside the freezer you'll find an infrared scope for your rifle which makes you available to see the parasites inside The Regenerators, shoot the parasites and then The Regenerators become weaker, then just blow their heads off! But they can be killed without it also, I think [/spoiler:d361814b53]

Superior Member
    Never played a Resident Evil game
    so idk which is best on gameplay BUT the gamecube versions of the games made them look real good graphic wise

Veteran
    I have just beat "it" which wasnt as bad as I thought it would be however I find myself almost completely out of ammo, im imagining a boss battle with either Sadler or the other "army" guy is looming. I dont think I will beat either with 30 shots with a 0.4 TMP
    Thats why Krauser is so hard, hes next by the way. If you're out of ammo at the regenerators, it's game over you have to start pro again. I've been telling you guys to prepare for them, you have to kill 3 before you get the scope which isn't easy. The first one took 7 broken butterfly hits (firepower 50.0 if i can remember).

Phading Reality
    Items Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VII
    Off-topic but has anybody noticed that Sarah Michelle-Gellar is in talks to be in the new RE movie Extinction? i bloody hope she is because she is awesome tbh.

Sarah Michelle Gellar .... Cindy Lennox. (in talks)

Master Poster
    That would be cool, she was my pin up back when I was a teenager. I think it was Cruel Intentions that did it for me (and the occasional Buffy episode). lol It won't be hard to imagining her kicking zombie butt she is the slayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme04
    so idk which is best on gameplay BUT the gamecube versions of the games made them look real good graphic wise
    You should try to play one , at least Resident Evil 4. PS1 Resident's are great too, but don't think you can find them anymore. If you need to understand the story, then wikipedia.org is the best site...

Superior Member

Re: Best Resident Evil game?

Quote Originally Posted by Togg
    Personally I think the best Resident evil game was resident evil 3: nemesis. Which resident evil game do you guys think was the best?
    Frankly .
    I think that's best parts of RE series,
    it's RE2 & 4

Bcuz RE2 has a pretty story line
    and 4 has an interesting engine

RE3 is well ,
    maybe becuz there was a nemsis boss
    and while that Brad in which was killed
    he was obliged to depart. He put his burial clothes in his wallet; but when he came to bid his wife and children adieu, their grief surpassed description. They could not reconcile their minds to the separation, but resolved to go and die with him. When,however, (what will happen to thee?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme04
    For me Resident Evil 2 and 4 are on par with each other. They are both very different games, each with their own style of gameplay, both epic titles on their generation consoles. If you get hooked to the series like I did, you'll probably play the entire collection (or at least the main 4 games), but I'd suggest playing Resi 2 or 4 first. Both are creepy in their own way.

The Marvelous One
    Yeah, I don't see why some people think RE4 isn't scary. Maybe because I never really played the others. But there are creepy times in RE4.

I miss the old Umbrella zombie Resident Evil's. I wish I could play RE2 again, but my disc got scratches on it and it don't work anymore ...*cry*

Yeah, I don't see why some people think RE4 isn't scary. Maybe because I never really played the others. But there are creepy times in RE4.
    All Resident Evil games are scary, but some people consider RE4 less scary 'cause it's so different from earlier REs. I personally think RE4 got a lot creepy moments .

Dedicated Member
    Finaly completed RE4 last night, found Sadler quite easy, any pride I had was removed however after crashing my jetski 7 times
    "Ever since I started working each day has been worse than the one before, so no matter what day you see me its the worst day of my life".

Veteran
    Finaly completed RE4 last night, found Sadler quite easy, any pride I had was removed however after crashing my jetski 7 times
    Was that on pro, just out of curiosity?

Dedicated Member
    ha ha im tempted to lie but it was on easy!

I dont usualy want to replay games after completing them but Im really tempted to jump back into another game on a harder difficulty and use the new guns ive unlocked along with some of the other ones I didnt get round to buying 1st time.

Are any of the side missions particularly worth playing?

Quote Originally Posted by guybrush
    ha ha im tempted to lie but it was on easy!

I dont usualy want to replay games after completing them but Im really tempted to jump back into another game on a harder difficulty and use the new guns ive unlocked along with some of the other ones I didnt get round to buying 1st time.

Are any of the side missions particularly worth playing?
    Congratulations for finishing the game , too bad you crashed 7 times ^_~. Aye you should really start again with the new guns, it's so much fun. You should try play on Normal or Pro difficulty too, because on Easy difficulty you can't access some areas on the game. But on harder (Normal/Pro) ones you can.

Also you mean the "Separate Ways" or whatever it's called, with side missions? Well imo you should play it . I myself deleted some of my RE4 save games few days ago and started all over again, man the game is hard after a long break, I keep dieing everywhere

Dedicated Member
    I tried restarting with all the money I had and bought the new guns about 30 mins ago however it automaticaly set me on easy again. Is there no way to restart with all your items and money on a harder difficulty?

Have to say its a very satisfying game and easily the best ive played in years

Quote Originally Posted by guybrush
    I tried restarting with all the money I had and bought the new guns about 30 mins ago however it automaticaly set me on easy again. Is there no way to restart with all your items and money on a harder difficulty?

Have to say its a very satisfying game and easily the best ive played in years
    I don't think you can change the difficulty to Normal/Pro with your new weapons. I think you have to start all over again on Normal/Pro , without your new weapons. But it should be a little easier now that you've cleared the game once , it's always more fun to play on a harder difficulty in my opinion.

By the way what Handgun do you guys think is the best? If you don't count in Matilda, I don't remember all the Handguns you can get in the game so I'm boosting up my Red9 at the moment. It's pretty powerful, but I wanna know if the later Handguns are better :P. Just got Blacktail, but I don't think it got better Firepower than Red9. So any suggestions, should I use my money on Red9 or save for later Handguns?

Forum Sage
    The Red 9 is by far my most favourite handgun. It's powerful and is easy to aim with (when equipped with the stock) and it certainly looks the part. Save your pesetas to tune up your Red 9.

Lastfm id: RadioheadSnob

Thread Information