Paddy McCourt
    PSN ID
    thekhanster4444

Ps3 nat type failed?

My PS3 wasn't connecting to the PSN last night... it connected to the network perfectly and the signal strength was 85%-90%, yet the NAT type read "failed". That should be NAT type 2, shouldn't it? Why does it say NAT type failed? All help is appreciated.

Superior Member
    NAT type is usually to do with ports not being properly forwarded, you should check this out to help you: http://portforward.com/

Paddy McCourt
    PSN ID
    thekhanster4444
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronk View Post
    NAT type is usually to do with ports not being properly forwarded, you should check this out to help you: http://portforward.com/
    but, the thing is the PSN worked perfectly fine a few days earlier, and for the past 6 months... could this be related to the problem I read about in these forums where no one can sign into the PSN in UK?

i have enabled uPnP on my router but the PS3 never seems to get that anyway, but generally this problem hasnt occured before, so i dont think it is port forwarding.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gster View Post
    but, the thing is the PSN worked perfectly fine a few days earlier, and for the past 6 months... could this be related to the problem I read about in these forums where no one can sign into the PSN in UK?

i have enabled uPnP on my router but the PS3 never seems to get that anyway, but generally this problem hasnt occured before, so i dont think it is port forwarding.
    Hmm it could be the UK problem, wouldn't be able to say for sure though as I live in Australia

It could be port forwarding still, or maybe you just need to restart your modem (or router as well). Can you try with an ethernet cable to see if that fixes it?

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by gster View Post
    My PS3 wasn't connecting to the PSN last night... it connected to the network perfectly and the signal strength was 85%-90%, yet the NAT type read "failed". That should be NAT type 2, shouldn't it? Why does it say NAT type failed? All help is appreciated.
    This sounds as if it's connecting to the WiFi Router just fine, but that the NAT wasn't working.

Instead of using uPnP, you would probably be better off setting up your router with a DMZ and direct assigning the IP address on the PS3.

As far as UK having an issue. I was playing Burnout Paradise last night from 8pm-12am CST (4am-8am GMT Today) w/ a number of Brits. Mostly from London area.

TAZ427

Dedicated Member
    guys i did the tutorial on the website but now when i enter the IP address on the ps3 what do i put for DNS 1 and 2?

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by psloco View Post
    guys i did the tutorial on the website but now when i enter the IP address on the ps3 what do i put for DNS 1 and 2?

either check with your router and see what that is using.
    or you can just put your routers IP address in

Dedicated Member
    OK i did everything in portfoward.com is just not working for me, i tried three different ways... do you guys think that my internet modem can have a fire wall?

cause before i got my wireless router i used an Ethernet cable but it still showed NAT 3 directly with my modem, you guys know how can i make sure that my modem is not the issue?

Thread Information