Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 419

Thread: MLB Thread

  1. #51
    Master Guru
    Fedos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,709
    Rep Power
    85
    Points
    1,254 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IV
    I like Cabrera. I hope nothing comes of this trade. Tigers are doing alright so far, a heck of a lot better than this time last year.


    Currently playing? Skyrim (360). White Knight Chronicles (PS3). Majoras Mask (Wii). Final Fanasy VII (PS2). Just completed? Final Fantasy VI.

  2. #52
    Super Elite
    Jrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,328
    Rep Power
    52
    Points
    253 (0 Banked)
    I was out and about majority of the day so I didn't get a chance to watch the Cleveland/New York game but after watching the highlights:

    Hey Yankees, good job on setting new records for your newly built stadium-next time try setting some for the good of your team.

    And Jackson was great last night against Seattle, so far the Tigers have had four shut outs and have had at least 8 hits every game so far this season. MUCH better than last year
    Can't spell Crosby without cry.
    XBL: SheriffofPaddys PSN: Jrod87



  3. #53
    Dedicated Member
    Gran Patron''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX, US of A
    Posts
    1,071
    Rep Power
    47
    Points
    265 (0 Banked)
    Good god, I just saw yesterday's score for the Yankees game they lost 4-22. DAMN!

    Watchin the 'Stros right now, beautiful day here today the last 2 days it was rainin' cats and dogs!!


  4. #54
    Forum Sage
    FdMstng99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Age
    36
    Posts
    7,917
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    723 (0 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gran Patron' View Post
    Good god, I just saw yesterday's score for the Yankees game they lost 4-22. DAMN!

    Watchin the 'Stros right now, beautiful day here today the last 2 days it was rainin' cats and dogs!!

    Was watching that Yankee game yesterday and I thought it was great.

    Really hate those Yanks and that stadium was just completely empty after that 14 run 2nd inning.

  5. #55
    Master Guru
    Fedos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,709
    Rep Power
    85
    Points
    1,254 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IV
    Tigers got an impressive series win against the Mariners today. Their starting pitching has really improved over last year's, and the bats have been heating up. I have a lot of high hopes for the team this year, I think this could be a year of redemption.


    Currently playing? Skyrim (360). White Knight Chronicles (PS3). Majoras Mask (Wii). Final Fanasy VII (PS2). Just completed? Final Fantasy VI.

  6. #56
    Super Elite
    Jrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,328
    Rep Power
    52
    Points
    253 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedos View Post
    Tigers got an impressive series win against the Mariners today. Their starting pitching has really improved over last year's, and the bats have been heating up. I have a lot of high hopes for the team this year, I think this could be a year of redemption.
    Completely agree, our pitching isn't phenomenal but it's a lot better than what we've seen and hits are coming out of nowhere! Like I said in an earlier post-the Tigers have had at least 8 hits per game so far this year.
    Can't spell Crosby without cry.
    XBL: SheriffofPaddys PSN: Jrod87



  7. #57
    Apprentice
    thebrowncub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    168
    Rep Power
    42
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    What is everyones take on that HR call in the Yankees game?

    To me it looked like EVERYONE whiffed on it and the ball landed, untouched, on top of the wall. Either way, I hated the unnecessary delay in the game! Booooo instant replay.

  8. #58
    Forum Sage
    FdMstng99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Age
    36
    Posts
    7,917
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    723 (0 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrod View Post
    Saying that Ortiz needs a right hand man since Manny is gone and Jason Bay isn't always 'there'.

    If the Red Sox are willing to give up good prospects for Cabrera I can see the Tigers moving him. Tigers should take advantage of Ortiz not hitting to get some young great talent.

  9. #59
    Superior Member
    TLenn5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    19
    Posts
    696
    Rep Power
    47
    Points
    12 (0 Banked)
    yall can say whatever yall want but watch out for the Rangers.... Millwood is looking amazing,Nelson Cruz has the 3rd most homeruns since his return last year, Andrus is great and so is Davis(by the way the are a combined 43 years old) Kinsler is great, Young is a monster and Hamilton well that speaks for itslef
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "hes back.....hes the man behind the mask"

  10. #60
    Forum Sage
    FdMstng99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Age
    36
    Posts
    7,917
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    723 (0 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by TLenn5 View Post
    yall can say whatever yall want but watch out for the Rangers.... Millwood is looking amazing,Nelson Cruz has the 3rd most homeruns since his return last year, Andrus is great and so is Davis(by the way the are a combined 43 years old) Kinsler is great, Young is a monster and Hamilton well that speaks for itslef

    The Rangers always had good offense, its just the pitching isn't there.

  11. #61
    Dedicated Member
    Gran Patron''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX, US of A
    Posts
    1,071
    Rep Power
    47
    Points
    265 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by FdMstng99 View Post
    Was watching that Yankee game yesterday and I thought it was great.

    Really hate those Yanks and that stadium was just completely empty after that 14 run 2nd inning.
    I never really hated the Yanks but never really cared for'em. They got some talent but at the moment it isnt showing anywhere. Whenever they play the BoSox's I root for them becuase I cant stand Boston I despise them.

    Speakin of the Rangers they aired last years home run derby a few nights ago.That was pretty insane that boy Hamilton was just rippin'em out of old yankee stadium. Amazing how he turned his life around.


  12. #62
    Forum Sage
    FdMstng99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Age
    36
    Posts
    7,917
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    723 (0 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gran Patron' View Post
    I never really hated the Yanks but never really cared for'em. They got some talent but at the moment it isnt showing anywhere. Whenever they play the BoSox's I root for them becuase I cant stand Boston I despise them.

    Speakin of the Rangers they aired last years home run derby a few nights ago.That was pretty insane that boy Hamilton was just rippin'em out of old yankee stadium. Amazing how he turned his life around.

    I just can't stand the Yanks, they just think they can buy a World Series every year. So far their investment isn't going so well.

    Yeah Josh Hamilton has a great story of turning his life around. I have no problems rooting for Hamilton when watching a Ranger game.

  13. #63
    Super Elite
    Jrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,328
    Rep Power
    52
    Points
    253 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by TLenn5 View Post
    yall can say whatever yall want but watch out for the Rangers.... Millwood is looking amazing,Nelson Cruz has the 3rd most homeruns since his return last year, Andrus is great and so is Davis(by the way the are a combined 43 years old) Kinsler is great, Young is a monster and Hamilton well that speaks for itslef
    It's only the beginning of the season take it easy. If you want to look at it that way the weak pitched Tigers did sweep the Rangers
    Can't spell Crosby without cry.
    XBL: SheriffofPaddys PSN: Jrod87



  14. #64
    Superior Member
    JoNJoN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    34
    Posts
    748
    Rep Power
    52
    Points
    267 (0 Banked)
    What's the thread title? Did the Marlins sign Pete Rose and I missed it or are people stunned by their record so far?
    Doing my part to stimulate the economy...



  15. #65
    Dedicated Member
    AJJets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,010
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    243 (0 Banked)
    There record. I am not surprised by there record. They were up there for the playoff contention last year.
    Avatar/Signature made by: irish-sid

  16. #66
    Dedicated Member
    Gran Patron''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX, US of A
    Posts
    1,071
    Rep Power
    47
    Points
    265 (0 Banked)
    The Marlins are off to a great start and defintely showing some contention to win the penant as of now. Hanley and Bonifacio are just a one two punch their speed just kills.


  17. #67
    Forum Guru
    UnReaL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,590
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Is it that time again. Marlins rebuilding is finished and now they will win the pennant. After that they will break it down again. If Florida wins this year, I will say they are the greatest organization ever!

    Champs, break down, wait a few years, Champs, break down, wait...continuous cycle?

    PS360 OWNER! Enjoying the Best of Both Worlds
    <-- Revenge of the Fallen

  18. #68
    Forum Sage
    FdMstng99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Age
    36
    Posts
    7,917
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    723 (0 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Brad Bergesen made is ML debut last night for the O's. Pitched a great game, just what the Orioles needed. Now they just need to bring up the other pitchers they have in the minors and the rotation will be set.

    Congrats to Bergy for a great start.

  19. #69
    Superior Member
    JoNJoN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    34
    Posts
    748
    Rep Power
    52
    Points
    267 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnReaL View Post
    Is it that time again. Marlins rebuilding is finished and now they will win the pennant. After that they will break it down again. If Florida wins this year, I will say they are the greatest organization ever!

    Champs, break down, wait a few years, Champs, break down, wait...continuous cycle?
    It is their year if you go by the numbers. They won in 1997 then dismantled completely. 6 years later in 2003 they won again then dismantled totally again. Now its 6 years later and who knows what will happen....

    I hope this Pittsburgh series isn't an early indicator of their stamina through out the season.
    Doing my part to stimulate the economy...



  20. #70
    Forum Sage
    FdMstng99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Age
    36
    Posts
    7,917
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    723 (0 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    This is pretty funny and pathetic. Have any of you read this story?

    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4087695

    Majestic Athletic spelled things out quite clearly Tuesday: It was the uniform company's fault that Washington Nationals Adam Dunn and Ryan Zimmerman wore jerseys reading "Natinals" during a game last week.

  21. #71
    Dedicated Member
    Gran Patron''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX, US of A
    Posts
    1,071
    Rep Power
    47
    Points
    265 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by FdMstng99 View Post
    This is pretty funny and pathetic. Have any of you read this story?

    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4087695
    Haha.....that pretty fu**** up!

    Astros pull of the series against the Dodgers 2-1 pretty good series. Had a chance to see Manny being Manny that dude can swing a bat. Next up "The Brew Crew".


  22. #72
    Forum Sage
    FdMstng99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Age
    36
    Posts
    7,917
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    723 (0 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gran Patron' View Post
    Haha.....that pretty fu**** up!

    Astros pull of the series against the Dodgers 2-1 pretty good series. Had a chance to see Manny being Manny that dude can swing a bat. Next up "The Brew Crew".

    The Brew Crew is coming in playing some pretty good ball, the Astros better be on there game.

  23. #73
    Dedicated Member
    Gran Patron''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX, US of A
    Posts
    1,071
    Rep Power
    47
    Points
    265 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by FdMstng99 View Post
    The Brew Crew is coming in playing some pretty good ball, the Astros better be on there game.
    Oh yeah, the brew has been playing some pretty good ball so far. I like Ryan Braun young player with some amazing batting ability.Watching the game now, damn Astros we were up 2-0 on the bottom of the 4th and what happends......top of the 5th the brew crew scores 3 runs. GREAAAAATTT!!


  24. #74
    Master Guru
    the_End's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    6,649
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    2,040 (0 Banked)
    The one record that surprises me is the Blue Jays. 13-5, best start since 1992, yeah I'm shocked
    Mac Mini 2.3GHz i5, 500GB HD, 8GB Ram; 16GB iPhone 5; 16GB iPad mini

  25. #75
    Forum Sage
    FdMstng99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Age
    36
    Posts
    7,917
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    723 (0 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_End View Post
    The one record that surprises me is the Blue Jays. 13-5, best start since 1992, yeah I'm shocked
    Yeah, Cito Gaston has the Jays playing some great ball. You just have to wonder if its going to last, after all it is still April.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.