Elite Sage

New magazine scan shows AirStrike in Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Click for Scan

Not the best quality, but this game is looking pretty good.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    MediaGamer92
    Woah that's pretty awesome, I am looking forward to this game.

Dedicated Member

I just finished playing Battlefield Bad Company, and I got it because it was on sell for $20 CDN at Futureshop. The single player campaign, I would rate as one of the best games I have ever played. Great humor, awesome weapons, love the destructibility, and HUGE HUGE HUGE environments, challenging AI, challenging and interesting missions, incredible sound, super detailed characters, and beautiful graphics (except for the grainy filter that they use, which sucks!). Frostbite engine is amazing!

Multiplayer so far is all about me dying within seconds of a respawn. Everyone is too good after playing it so many months.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 I will get on the day of release.

Gaming Guru
    I think alot of games are going the Call of Duty style which is not a bad thing.

All they need to fix in Bad Company 2 is the AI. It was horrible in the first. You could not sneak around, you would be spotted no matter where you were.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Not the best quality scan, but not bad.

BioSonic
    It will interesting to see BF:BC2 at E3.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by SonyJunkie View Post
    All they need to fix in Bad Company 2 is the AI. It was horrible in the first. You could not sneak around, you would be spotted no matter where you were.
    Maybe the AI was too smart! I did get a few sneak kills, but you're right, the enemy perception was too good. Also, you could not train your gun sights on a hiding enemy waiting for them to pop up, as if they knew you were waiting to shoot them. Outside of those two things, I thought the AI was excellent, some of the best I have ever seen.

I like the Call of Duty series, but I thought this was better, and I think the graphics engine is better also. Some beautiful skies, and sunsets on those levels.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    The AI was pretty dumb. Sometimes they would just stare at you, or just stand perfectly still while you took shots. I don't think they will really focus on the sp. The destructibility made it fun, but I thought the actual campaign was pretty boring. The focus for these console Battlefields always has been mp (which is not a bad thing). Hopefully the don't do a find all five again. Looking forward to BC2!

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    The AI was pretty dumb. Sometimes they would just stare at you, or just stand perfectly still while you took shots.
    What difficulty did you play on? I played the whole campaign on normal, and never encountered that. If I so much as pop my head up, they took a few shots into me. Deadly accurate! They were also always hiding, running for cover, and trying to outflank me.

Funny thing is that you are saying the AI is bad, same as SonyJunkie, but for opposite reasons, which does not make sense.

Superior Member
    true AI was frustrating at times but everything else kept it pretty interesting destruction was awesome if they improve on that gonna be another fun game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Leader Of The New Generation
    Fighting Is In My Nature

Elite Member

The original BC was frustrating at certain points, there where some really annoying glitches. (One such one was when an enemy character got onto the jeeps gun. One second their standing by it, and then pop! There on the cars gun.) Getting killed, then taking about 5 minutes to get back to where you were...

That said I loved the characters, the story was fun, the voice acting was well done and the sound....one of the best sounding games i have ever played. I would love to hear it coming out of a decent set of speakers!

Oh and driving around on golf carts! How many other FPS let you do that :P

I hope its BF:BC irons out alot of those annoying little things and has another story driven single player campain.

Thread Information