Latest PSU headlines:

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 212 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Reading The Hunger Games in preparation of the movie adaptation.

Dedicated Member
    I'm reading "The Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothus, pretty good book so far, great lore and writing

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post

I have not read The Hobbit previously nor any of the trilogy. But I'm planning on now starting with The Hobbit.
    I started reading this two days ago. It's a much different style from what I remember when reading LOTR back in high school. I like it so far.
    PS4|PS3|PS2|PS1|PSVITA|XBOX 360|XBOX|N64|3DS XL|DSi|Gameboy Advance|Gameboy Color|PC

Master Guru
    Items Final Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IV
    I just finished off Steven Erikson's Memories of Ice the third book in the Malazan Book of the Fallen series and man what a ride! Now I've just started reading Dune for the first time. Only forty pages in, kind of dry so far, I guess I'll see where it goes from here.

Currently playing? Skyrim (360). White Knight Chronicles (PS3). Majoras Mask (Wii). Final Fanasy VII (PS2). Just completed? Final Fantasy VI.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    The Hunger Games trilogy:

Finished: The Hunger Games
    Finished: Catching Fire
    Currently reading: Mockingjay

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    I love reading, although I barely find time between work, personal stuff, friends and gaming to do so. However, I've bought all 3 Mass Effect books and I'll be reading them all. Already restored my faith in videogame based books with both Guild Wars ones, so here's hoping for these 3 to be any good.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Elite Member
    Items User name style
    Literally just finished A Storm of Swords. Most Enjoyable read I've ever had, from start to finish it was just EPIC. Ordered a Feast for Crows online straight after finishing it. I love this series so much, every character is awesome and every storyline is beautifully written.

Don't know how G.R.R.M can top Swords though.

Click HERE for my Videos

Could it be...I am sleeping?
    Items Final Fantasy TacticsFinal Fantasy XIIFinal Fantasy XIV OnlineFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IV
    My sig.
    Who I Am
    _________

Currently Playing: Harvest Moon (3DS)
    Recently Completed: Parasite Eve
    I & II, Wild ARMs, Mario 3D Land, ICO & SoTC HD, Zelda: OoT 3D, VVVVVV, Gravity Rush

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I am reading an older book called "Left Behind". It's about what happens to the people left behind after The Rapture. I am really enjoying it.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedos View Post
    I just finished off Steven Erikson's Memories of Ice the third book in the Malazan Book of the Fallen series and man what a ride! Now I've just started reading Dune for the first time. Only forty pages in, kind of dry so far, I guess I'll see where it goes from here.
    I must say, this book really picked itself up around the middle to end. I think what really did it for me was the transformation of Paul Atredies or 'Maudib', and the not so subtle allusions to our own time. Really good book, I'll be seeking the sequels.

Now I'm off to read Stephen King's The Stand for the second time. It's been years but I remember it being one of the best works of King that I have ever read. I'm also periodically leafing through Tolkien's The Book of Lost Tales 2. Trying to read through the Middle Earth works in a suggested order of continum for the first time.

Currently playing? Skyrim (360). White Knight Chronicles (PS3). Majoras Mask (Wii). Final Fanasy VII (PS2). Just completed? Final Fantasy VI.

Veteran
    Finally finished "Left Behind" and am debating whether not to start "Tribulation Force" or read something else before it.

'Salem's Lot. I've started reading it mainly because I was dying to know more about Father Callahan(Wolves of the Calla).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    “Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you’re a man, you take it.”- Malcolm X

Master Guru
    Finished off today Stephen King's "The Stand." Only my second time reading it, and I remember greatly enjoying it the first time. It was wonderful, if not a just a tad long winded, still probably my favorite King work other than anything in The Dark Tower series.

Now I'm off to read R. Scott Bakker's The Darkness That Comes Before for the second time in The Prince of Nothing series.

Apprentice
    Reading one of James Patterson books my favorite author. I'm Reading The Big Bad Wolf.

Out of all the creatures to walk the Earth, HUMANS are the most CRUEL.:iagree

Items Final Fantasy TacticsFinal Fantasy XIIFinal Fantasy XIV OnlineFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IV
    Finished Kalilah wa-Dimnah by the Indian Bidpai. The book which only became renowned world-wide when it got translated into Arabic by Abdullah Ibn al-Muqaffa and became one of the most important literary works in the Arabic literature.

I started The Color Purple by Alice Walker and I'm 140'sh pages in. Spectacular and emotional epistolary novel.
    Who I Am
    _________

I & II, Wild ARMs, Mario 3D Land, ICO & SoTC HD, Zelda: OoT 3D, VVVVVV, Gravity Rush

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    James Patterson's
    Run for your life I enjoy Patterson's work

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    Not reading anything now. But I think I'm gonna start reading the Game of Thrones after this season is over.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Veteran
    Currently reading this:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...miccoverlettA/

I read it once every year for the up coming school year. Since I bought it, my grades shot up. It was the semester that I bought it that I got all As for the first time, 4.00 semester GPA.

It's an excellent book, but I need to check out "Study Skills for Dummies".

Ultimate Veteran
    Been reading slowly lately but finally finished the Lord Of The Rings trilogy.

Going to read this next:

Master Guru
    I just finished R. Scott Bakker's The Darkness That Comes Before. As I said above, it was my second time reading it, after taking an extended break from the series. I really enjoyed it, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a fantasy series that's different. Now I'm off to read Martian Time Slip by Phillip K. $#@!, a newly discovered author.

El Presidente
    I'm about to start reading Moby $#@! today. There's a bunch of older classic type books I'd like to read. If i try I might be able to get through a bunch this summer.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Just finished Alistair Maclean's San Andreas and now about to start South By Java Head
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Finished The Color Purple and now started to read Azazel. For further details click on Azazel link in my signature!

Anyone here got Goodreads account? Mine's Eltimas, add me!
    Who I Am
    _________

Master Guru
    I just got finished reading a book by Phillip K. $#@! called Martian Time Slip about an autistic boy being manipulated by a businessman on Mars who employs the help of a recovering paranoid schizophrenic for the purpose of predicting the future. It was only a 260-something page novel, and started out slow in the first 100 pages or so, but it began to pick itself up during the remainder of the story. I'm glad I read it. $#@! focuses on themes like the nature of reality, which I could relate to in certain ways.

Now I'm off to read a book by Henry James (another author I'm reading for the first time) called The Turn of the Screw.

Thread Information